Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

The android app is a must for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,312 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

yabadabado wrote: »
    Any word on what price tickets will be? No tickets listed on TM for the Manchester gigs,just T in the Park.

Hoping £40-50 but thinking £60-70 be more likely. Pure speculation of course. If I remember right Heaton Park was about £60 but Dublin gig was less than €50.

Gonna gave a trawl through older posts on this thread to see if it's mentioned. Although gigs four years apart could have different pricing systems.

Being a stadium gig might help as there will be different prices instead of everyone paying flat general admission for a parkland venue/field

Just went back on this thread to check the 2012 prices. £59.95 for Heaton Park and €66 for Phoenix Park.

Same again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Collie D wrote: »
    Just went back on this thread to check the 2012 prices. £59.95 for Heaton Park and €66 for Phoenix Park.

Same again?

I think tickets for phoenix park ended up at 35 euro as they couldnt shift enough of them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I think tickets for phoenix park ended up at 35 euro as they couldnt shift enough of them

no, pretty certain that didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Nope. Sold out couple days before Christmas.
    https://m.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/266292446761948

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭RastaRed

Slane is way too big, they would never come close to filling it. Marley Park is the most likely venue.

Disagree, reckon they'd have no
    Problems selling out slane, Bon jovi and the foo fighters got 60000 for Christ sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    Nope. Sold out couple days before Christmas.
    https://m.facebook.com/mcd.productions/posts/266292446761948

Definitely wasn't sold out, they spin that yarn for a lot of concerts then a few thousand tickets magically appear for sale as the date gets closer.

no, pretty certain that didn't happen.

I bought one from ticketmaster for 45 about a week before. A friend of mine bought one for 35 a day or two beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Yeah it definitely didn't sell out before. I got tickets the week of the gig cut price on toutless. There were plenty going below face value. Ticketmaster also had plenty but no need for them as loads were looking to offload.

• Advertisement

I bought one from ticketmaster for 45 about a week before. A friend of mine bought one for 35 a day or two beforehand
    can you post the screenshot as there were no reports whatsoever of ticket prices being lowered on here or anywhere official.

i know 2 people who bought them the week before for the full price.

can you post the screenshot as there were no reports whatsoever of ticket prices being lowered on here or anywhere official.

Post a screen shot of what?

Post a screen shot of what?
    the confirmation email

the confirmation email

No because I couldnt be bothered

Who gives a ****. :P:pac:

Any word on prices for next year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

No because I'm talking through my hat

Fixed your post.

Utter nonsense. If this had happened Ticketmaster would have had to refund every other ticket holder the difference between the original price and the mark-down price. You're either mis-remembering where these tickets were purchased or waffling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I doubt very much ticketmaster lowered prices. But there were definitely plenty of below face value ones available. I got them myself. I'm sure the old thread is bouncing about on toutless somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Comments on Gigs and Tours saying tickets for the Etihad are £76.

Obviously there will be different category prices so hoping this isn't the cheapest.

EDIT:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/stone_roses.html

Tickets range from £45 to £75

General standing £59

BPKS wrote: »
    Comments on Gigs and Tours saying tickets for the Etihad are £76.

Obviously there will be different category prices so hoping this isn't the cheapest.

Hopefully that's the upper end. Saying now I'd have second thoughts at that price but know I'll probably end up paying it unless they announce a Dublin gig before Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

The council house is never full, the council house is never full, unless they're playing bye bye badman, the council house is never full......

I hope Mani arranges for all the MCFC branding to be taken down before the gigs, it would leave a sour taste having to look up at it all.....

• Advertisement

The council house is never full, the council house is never full, unless they're playing bye bye badman, the council house is never full......

I hope Mani arranges for all the MCFC branding to be taken down before the gigs, it would leave a sour taste having to look up at it all.....

Reni wont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I have heard of cases where Ticketmaster have lowered ticket prices due to poor sales.

However I got my Stone Roses ticket on the day of the gig and it was full price.

Perhaps they may have been selling them cheaper at the venue.

£64.90 for pitch tickets plus £13.50 postage to Ireland. Postage fee is per transaction rather than per ticket unlike our own thieving transaction fees.

Didn't check prices for other areas as it's pitch or nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Collie D wrote: »
    £64.90 for pitch tickets plus £13.50 postage to Ireland. Postage fee is per transaction rather than per ticket unlike our own thieving transaction fees.

Didn't check prices for other areas as it's pitch or nothing for me

Yeah was pleasantly surprised by gigs and tours last time around

Yeah was pleasantly surprised by gigs and tours last time around

That was actually on Ticketmaster I saw that. Never checked Gigs and Tours but tickets distributed direct by promoter so same I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Thread title is a bit misleading as there is no Dublin date as of yet. Keep getting excited and then realising it's out of date

• Registered Users Posts: 37,926 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Don't knw what to do

Buy tickets to one of the Manchester shows and then sell them if they announce a Dublin show in a decent venue ??

Hold out and wait for a Dublin announcement???

With Manchester flights,hotels etc have to be booked early

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Wheeker

D.Q wrote: »
    Thread title is a bit misleading as there is no Dublin date as of yet. Keep getting excited and then realising it's out of date

OP here- Sorry I don't think I can edit the title now. Maybe a Mod can?

FWIW- I thought they were fantastic in Phoenix Park in 2012. Only issue was I brought along a mate who wasn't a huge fan so ended-up quite far back. Some of the crowd were pretty messy & he almost got into a fight with some drunk woman over nothing. Ah well :rolleyes: I would actually much prefer to see them in the Three Arena if they do play Ireland (or The Olympia :P).... not much hope of that though I reckon.

Would also love to hear some new material. Really liked the documentary "Made of Stone". Even the clips of them jamming were great & it reaffirmed for me what an amazing drummer Reni is!:eek:

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't knw what to do

Buy tickets to one of the Manchester shows and then sell them if they announce a Dublin show in a decent venue ??

Go to both...

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Don't knw what to do

I'm undecided yet. Seen them in Pairc Ui Chaoimh, Heaton Park and Phoenix Park so wouldn't mind going to one of the smaller gigs on the continent somewhere.

But if they don't announce any more gigs and end of playing new material in the Etihad and I miss it then I'll go nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement