Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

threein99 wrote: »
    I heard on Today FM they are playing Glastonbury and 3 nights at the Ethihad

Today FM got caught out by the NME Parody twitter account which posted that info earlier today.

Dermot and Dave just acknowledged they made a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

threein99 wrote: »
    I heard on Today FM they are playing Glastonbury and 3 nights at the Ethihad

Today FM have been taken in by a fake Twitter account. This is not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

new touring company was created a few days ago with the 4 members as directors:
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09848151

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd they do play Ireland where will they play

Croke Park, Phoenix park again, Aviva, 3arena

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

7pm announcement is the latest speculation

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd they do play Ireland where will they play

Croke Park, Phoenix park again, Aviva, 3arena

Would love a 3arena gig or two.

Reckon the Aviva is prob most likely but really hard to say with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

MCD promoted their last tour so I'd guess they'll play Marlay Park if there is a string of gig there next summer.

Just looked over the setlist from Phoenix Park, it was top notch, only tune missing for me was Elephant Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

If a tour does materialise then i would be happy with any irish dates at all because i do not think it is a foregone conclusion that they will come here. All the soundbites are promising though....i would be more excited about the new material than any tour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

either Marlay Park or 2 nights at the 3Arena I'd say.

Croke Park and the Aviva are too big, and Phoenix Park took ages to properly sell out fully last time at 45,000, and can't see as much demand this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

lc180 wrote: »
    MCD promoted their last tour so I'd guess they'll play Marlay Park if there is a string of gig there next summer.

Just looked over the setlist from Phoenix Park, it was top notch, only tune missing for me was Elephant Stone

They played ES in Glasgow Green and Finsbury Park in 2013.

With all the speculation today, something is surely burning;)

• Advertisement

They've always said after Manchester, Ireland is next on the list of their priorities. Be pretty confident we'll get a date some time next year even if it's not included in the announcement today.

Would've thought demand would be higher next year given whatever new fans they gain from a new album.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

My pessimism is being eroded. Please tell me this isn't a load of rubbish. Manically refreshing twitter all day there is not a tap of work being done!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't been able to get a tap done since hearing all about this. Seems we'll know by 7pm either way, as all the reports have that as being the time of any potential announcement. Would be so amazing to get some new tunes.

I know it’s only novelties but the bookies are very rarely wrong about these things. Paddy Power have tour dates to be confirmed at 1/14 on - http://www.paddypower.com/bet/music/stone-roses-specials?ev_oc_grp_ids=531015

• Registered Users Posts: 38,046 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Not a fan of field gig's such as marlay park Aviva or rds please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Morrison J wrote: »
    Would've thought demand would be higher next year given whatever new fans they gain from a new album.
    or whatever old fans they will lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Morrison J wrote: »
    They've always said after Manchester, Ireland is next on the list of their priorities. Be pretty confident we'll get a date some time next year even if it's not included in the announcement today.

100 per cent they'll be playing a gig here, they love Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 slangamerican

Ian Browns Twitter just tweeted #stoneroses

Somethings a brewing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Absolute Radio in London making the announcement in just under 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

confirmed

2nights in etihad manchester june 17/18

and headlining t in the park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Bollocks, nothing about Glasto?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Hopefully that's not all there is. Must be more gigs lined up, and an album too...must be!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Hopefully that's not all there is. Must be more gigs lined up, and an album too...must be!

If they are doing T then that should mean at least one show in Marlay Park.

No word of new album on Absolute Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I doubt they will go to the effort of rehearsing up and getting a crew and what not together just for 3 shows. I'm sure there will be more... also there were rumors that they were rehearsing new material a while back from another band sharing a studio... wait and see what happens i guess.

Strumms wrote: »
    I doubt they will go to the effort of rehearsing up and getting a crew and what not together just for 3 shows. I'm sure there will be more... also there were rumors that they were rehearsing new material a while back from another band sharing a studio... wait and see what happens i guess.

You would imagine that they'll be playing Marlay Park/Aviva in ROI, T-Vital in NI and will probably add at least 2 shows in London.

Back in 2012 I went to Heaton Park, Phoenix Park and T-Vital and would love to fit in 3 shows next summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

No word of new album on Absolute Radio.

There will have to be an album. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭skaface

Would love to see them in 3 Arena for atmosphere alone, would be electric.. Probably too small unless they did a few nights there.. We'll definitely see them over here next year I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

It'll be Marley Park in early July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭skaface

Batesy wrote: »
    It'll be Marley Park in early July.

Have you inside information ;-))

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement