Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Was listening to 2fm the other day and done reviewer came on and said he'd been at the Heaton Park gigs and Ian Browns voice "which was always questionable, was really awful". BULL****.

But then the DJ went on to say that titanium was a modern classic, and I thought fair enough........ These people don't have a ducking clue, good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

telekon wrote: »
    It benefits shane meadows, the director of the documentary coming out at the end of the year. The band will also be releasing the heaton park gigs on dvd. So its fair enough i think to keep their performance exclusive.
    Would this explain why in any of the heaton park gig photos i saw the band were wearing the same clothes and again at phoenix park. Squire-Tartan Jacket, Reni-Yellow brazilian Jersey type thing, Mani - Paisley shirt and Ian-Black Leather jacket

Prob taking from each gig to make the movie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Mani was wearing different clothes at T; no Pretty Green kaftans!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mani was wearing different clothes at T; no Pretty Green kaftans!

Probably not allowed to include T in their DVD as they don't have the rights. Heaton Park and the Phoenix Park gigs were Stone Roses stand alone gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

McTigs wrote: »
    Would this explain why in any of the heaton park gig photos i saw the band were wearing the same clothes and again at phoenix park. Squire-Tartan Jacket, Reni-Yellow brazilian Jersey type thing, Mani - Paisley shirt and Ian-Black Leather jacket

Prob taking from each gig to make the movie

No, it's a documentary, not a concert film.

• Advertisement

No, it's a documentary, not a concert film.

But it will include concert footage, otherwise they would've allowed BBC to show their T performance.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Probably not allowed to include T in their DVD as they don't have the rights. Heaton Park and the Phoenix Park gigs were Stone Roses stand alone gigs.

He was wearing different Kaftans at PP and HP! :)

But it will include concert footage, otherwise they would've allowed BBC to show their T performance.

Yeah, but the clothes the band had on at gigs doesn't really mean anything. It's not like they'll be cutting it into one long performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Yeah, but the clothes the band had on at gigs doesn't really mean anything. It's not like they'll be cutting it into one long performance.
    how do you know?

If the gigs were being filmed, continuity is the only reason i can see for them not to change their clothes.

McTigs wrote: »
    how do you know?

If the gigs were being filmed, continuity is the only reason i can see for them not to change their clothes.

What I'm saying is, they won't be cut together into one gig for the documentary, to make it look like it was the same show, because there would be no point in doing that. It's a doc of the tour, isn't it? So it would make a point of telling you when/where performances took place. I don't doubt there'll be a concert film, maybe released with the doc, but I'd say it's likely to be the Manchester gigs.

• Advertisement

By the sounds of things, it will be something along the lines of No Distance Left to Run. In saying that however, I don't think Brown or Squire would give interviews that were quite so candid and insightful as those which the Blurs gave. But yeah, they would have to pick one night if they were going to release a concert DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

There was a helicopter over heaton park on the friday, so if there wasnt the other nights i presume they'll release the friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

bought the programme and the jacket last week, still not dispatched and i payed postage which is now free :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, thats not great is it.
    Well, if it ever arrives let us know what its like!

Arrived today good enough only thing was it got pretty destroyed by the rain, packaging wasnt great

bought the programme and the jacket last week, still not dispatched and i payed postage which is now free :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, thats not great is it.
    Well, if it ever arrives let us know what its like!

Arrived today good enough only thing was it got pretty destroyed by the rain, packaging wasnt great
    What's the jacket like? Good quality? Loose/tight fitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

There has been a good quality bootleg uploaded to the net :D

What's the jacket like? Good quality? Loose/tight fitting?

decent quality, large fits me perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Morrison J wrote: »
    There has been a good quality bootleg uploaded to the net :D

Any chance of a link or a PM?

Any chance of a link or a PM?

Not sure if this is allowed but its nothing illegal as its not an official release or anything. Delete it Mods if im wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m608eu6f8g48e9f

The tape went arseways so its missing Sugar Spun Sister, Sally Cinnamon and the start of Where Angels Play but the rest of it is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Morrison J wrote: »
    Not sure if this is allowed but its nothing illegal as its not an official release or anything. Delete it Mods if im wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?m608eu6f8g48e9f

The tape went arseways so its missing Sugar Spun Sister, Sally Cinnamon and the start of Where Angels Play but the rest of it is great.

Top man

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Posted in the Tennents vital thread but for any Roses fans that might not see it.....

Brilliant gig from the Roses last night. Some mates of ours were staying in the Malmaison last night where the band were based. Managed to blag our way in there and they were having their end of tour party in the residents bar, all of them were mixing with the fans, had all the time in the world for pics and a chat, was absolutely amazing! Met and spoke with Mani, Reni and Ian, all of them well sound and very down to earth, no airs and graces at all. Squire wasn't there when we managed to get in (we'd been turned away earlier as we weren't residents) so it was late enough when we blagged it but went for a stroll this lunchtime before heading back to Dublin and who do I see walking down the street pushing a buggy with his missus and a few friends only John Squire himself! Stopped for a quick chat and photo and again was bang on, very unassuming bloke.

Still a bit starstruck to be honest, they were the most important band ever for me, was 18 when the first album came out and was obsessed with them, seen them 3 times this summer now but last night just topped it all, absolutely delighted here!

• Advertisement

Announcing new tour and album tomorrow according to a million different rumours/reports.

I can't find any reliable sources, only twitter speculation. Although Noel does know all and see all...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

Saw these last night on Twitter and I'm pretty sure that's where the rumour originated. Can't see it happening unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,778 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Libadour wrote: »
    Saw these last night on Twitter and I'm pretty sure that's where the rumour originated. Can't see it happening unfortunately.

I'm hugely optimistic! Press conference at lunchtime!

Lemon posters all over Manchester apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is there actually any posters other than some printed pages in the window of a shop?

e: seems a few more shops have them now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Specifically 16 lemons.

2016?

Batesy wrote: »
    Specifically 16 lemons.

2016?

The Illuminati

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I heard on Today FM they are playing Glastonbury and 3 nights at the Ethihad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

Liam fray and Tim Burgess now getting in on the act on Twitter. There is something going down.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement