Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stone Roses - Reunited! (Dublin Date) - *NO ticket sales/requests - Discussion only*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Today FM got caught out by the NME Parody twitter account which posted that info earlier today.

Dermot and Dave just acknowledged they made a mistake.

Heard that at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Mark Kavanagh ‏@djmarkkavanagh
    Highly likely @thestoneroses will play Dublin for @Tinthepark promoter @mcd_productions on Thursday July 7 2016 or Saturday July 9 #happyout

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Slane with support from The Libertines calling it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,078 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Morrison J wrote: »
    Mark Kavanagh ‏@djmarkkavanagh
    Highly likely @thestoneroses will play Dublin for @Tinthepark promoter @mcd_productions on Thursday July 7 2016 or Saturday July 9 #happyout

please not sat july 9th the hurling is on that day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Stone roses noel Gallagher libertines charlatans and super furry animals in slane in July hottest day the year, bucket hats and gazelle for miles to see.. Then I woke up gutted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

God I hope they don't do Same awful venue have nightmares about trying to get home from that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

another 8 months of rumours of support from Noel Gallagher, Kasabian, The Libertines and various other bands that won't play before ending up with the likes of Mick Jones and The Minutes on support again, hurray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Batesy wrote: »
    It'll be Marley Park in early July.

Very helpful, thanks for the "confirmation".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

As long as they dont play Slane I will be happy. Hate that venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Slane is way too big, they would never come close to filling it. Marley Park is the most likely venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

The more i think of it the more i think there will not be a new album although i would love to be wrong. I think at this stage of their lives it might just be too much effort. Also, they will play the bigger, stadium venues as the payday is much better for less effort. Pack em in and pack em high for 5 nights rather than 10 nights in arenas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

They'll announce the rest of the tour after those initial announced gigs sell out I guess, like they did with Heaton Park.

Love a 3 arena gig but won't hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Vinculus

Páirc Uí Chaoimh

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Vinculus wrote: »
    Páirc Uí Chaoimh

:pac:

For the 21st anniversary biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Any word on price of Etihad tickets yet? Hoping to get four on Friday.

I went to Heaton Park last time around wouldn't be bothered this time.

I'd hold out for the Irish gigs.

The one in the phoenix park was far more enjoyable imo.

I went to Heaton Park last time around wouldn't be bothered this time.

Same, it was ****e. Put me off those big outdoor mega gigs full stop nearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

I thought it was brilliant

I thought it was brilliant

Think it depends which day you went on. Friday sounded like a nightmare by all accounts. Massive queues for bar, people just jumping the counter and doing snatch and grabs on the pints, etc.

I went on the Saturday and think I was served within about five minutes of joining the queue. Lot of walking to the venue though and getting out was dangerous at times when they tried to funnel us all out through one gate.

The gig itself was great though. And with these being in a football stadium that's used to accommodating crowds on a weekly basis the non-music side should run smoothly.

Only concern is it clashes with Euro 2016 (fingers crossed) but will try for a ticket anyway and sell on if I'm going to France instead.

But a Dublin gig would obviously be great too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Collie D wrote: »
    Think it depends which day you went on. Friday sounded like a nightmare by all accounts. Massive queues for bar, people just jumping the counter and doing snatch and grabs on the pints, etc.

I went on the Saturday and think I was served within about five minutes of joining the queue. Lot of walking to the venue though and getting out was dangerous at times when they tried to funnel us all out through one gate.

The gig itself was great though. And with these being in a football stadium that's used to accommodating crowds on a weekly basis the non-music side should run smoothly.

Only concern is it clashes with Euro 2016 (fingers crossed) but will try for a ticket anyway and sell on if I'm going to France instead.

But a Dublin gig would obviously be great too

Yeah I went Saturday, didn't drink much inside the gig had plenty of cans outside before it ;-)

• Advertisement

I was there Saturday myself thought the performance was good but wasn't a fan of the atmosphere.

Phoenix Park was much more enjoyable and certainly a much much better crowd.

In saying that having a bunch of knobs singing anti I.R.A songs at us and an Irish couple on the bus along with racially abusing some middle eastern kids who happened to walk by the bus on the way there certainly didn't help. Manchester is an awful kip of a city.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

I thought Belfast was the best of the Irish gigs. It was a better crowd and Mani's salute to Georgie Best was a nice touch.

On a side note, i booked a couple of hotels already for both manchester dates with free cancellation if required. It is a shot to nothing before prices go manic. I got a couple of triple rooms for 30e a skull which will not be matched after tickets go on sale.

I thought Belfast was the best of the Irish gigs. It was a better crowd and Mani's salute to Georgie Best was a nice touch.

On a side note, i booked a couple of hotels already for both manchester dates with free cancellation if required. It is a shot to nothing before prices go manic. I got a couple of triple rooms for 30e a skull which will not be matched after tickets go on sale.

Yeah, had a look and some of the prices are already mental. Closest hotel to Etihad was a pretty deent looking 4* 2.1 km away charging €1,010 for two rooms on the Saturday night.

Have a mate in Yorkshire so just going to stay with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

We have nothing to worry about regarding our qualification for the Euros! So book away for Manchester, I certainly intend to.

We have nothing to worry about regarding our qualification for the Euros! So book away for Manchester, I certainly intend to.

I'm heading to Bosnia next week so I'll be hoping to ram that post down your throat when I get back to Dublin ;)

But yeah, I'm going to get tickets (or try) anyway.

You reckon the interest has waned since Heaton Park? Sold a quarter of a million there in under an hour IIRC? What does the Etihad hold for a gig - 50-60k? I know amongst the seven of my group who went over, only three plan to do these gigs plus one additional who wasn''t there last time.

Collie D wrote: »

Yea that was it, I was there Friday, I was at the bar for that little riot too.

Whole thing was carnage, and not the good kind. It was hard work. Not an enjoyable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,779 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Great vid^^^^^^^

I went the Friday and was in the queue when the thing ended up in a free for all. One of the other lads managed to get a slab in the chaos so we were happy. We had great craic in town before it, atmosphere was brilliant since early morning. Support acts were really good (except I was in the queue for the bar for the whole of the Primal Scream!) and the Roses knocked it out of the park. There was a few chav types around the place acting the d1ck but nothing too extreme. Getting back into town after was a balls. But when you go to an outdoor concert with 85000 you kinda expect these things.

I'd re-live that day every weekend for the rest of my life if I could to be honest.

BPKS wrote: »

I'd re-live that day every weekend for the rest of my life if I could to be honest.

This, this and this a hundred times. Had long given up any hope of ever seeing them and then to do it twice in a week was something else.

Bit of a bucket list few months for me in 2011/12 now I think of it.

September 2011 - See Dubs win an All Ireland from the Hill
    June 2012 - See Ireland at a major tournament - that one wasn't so good in hindsight
    June/July 2012 - See the Roses...twice

For months after that I was saying I'd do that every week if I could. When that "I Wanna be Adored" bassline comes through the speakers you know this is going to be amazing.

BPKS wrote: »
    Great vid^^^^^^^

I went the Friday and was in the queue when the thing ended up in a free for all. One of the other lads managed to get a slab in the chaos so we were happy. We had great craic in town before it, atmosphere was brilliant since early morning. Support acts were really good (except I was in the queue for the bar for the whole of the Primal Scream!) and the Roses knocked it out of the park. There was a few chav types around the place acting the d1ck but nothing too extreme. Getting back into town after was a balls. But when you go to an outdoor concert with 85000 you kinda expect these things.

Were you in front the pit barrier?

I was on a late afternoon flight so didn't expect to get into the pit or anything but didn't expect the barriers to be half way back down the field either, net result of that and the bar joke was watching it from miles away and stone cold sober.. The sound and the crowd were both terrible back there, not what I had envisioned when I bought those tickets!

Better craic was had in Manchester the next night, maybe we were just unlucky

Early flight and nagan next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Any word on what price tickets will be? No tickets listed on TM for the Manchester gigs,just T in the Park.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement