Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having a child under 30 - wasting your life.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sexter

Siuin wrote: »
    I don't know where to start with this. I hope you're a troll, because otherwise this is an example of immense stupidity.

I wonder if the OP cares to share their thoughts on the 'scumbags' who get pregnant but choose to get an abortion instead. I say fair played to any young woman who makes the selfless decision to put aside their youth in order to raise a child. Tbh if I found out I was pregnant before I hit my 20s, I wouldn't have the courage to go through with it.

You can't just proclaim something is stupid without giving a reason. What would a sheep being like you know about such things anyway. You're too busy with things like music and celebrity gossip.

Anyone who's known a girl that got pregnant in their teens knows how it works. Typically they get all excited and love the attention all the way up until the baby turns 1 then everyone forgets about them and they get all depressed and get the government to buy them pills to make everything better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

sexter wrote: »
    You can't just proclaim something is stupid without giving a reason. What would a sheep being like you know about such things anyway. You're too busy with things like music and celebrity gossip.

Anyone who's known a girl that got pregnant in their teens knows how it works. Typically they get all excited and love the attention all the way up until the baby turns 1 then everyone forgets about them and they get all depressed and get the government to buy them pills to make everything better.

Yeeeep, definitely a woman hater. Anyone can just look at the history of your posts and see that you're CONSTANTLY berating women (Irish women in particular) for being ugly/ fat etc etc so it's no surprise that you're doing the same here. Too much rejection, I'd imagine. Music and celebrity gossip? Where exactly did that come from? I'm not interested in either, but would love to hear why you would jump to that conclusion based on... nothing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭_Beau_

sexter wrote: »
    This is all being done BY DESIGN.

The elite have implemented feminism in order to break up the family unit. Feminism makes women want to be whores. men do not want to stay with a whore, so this results in their being many single mothers...

A 'whore' is a woman who behaves like a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭IsMiseDaithair

My life is well and truly ruined so, I had a child and he was under 30, wont be 30 for another 25 years !!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    Sexter permabanned.
    Being a dick. Please carry on / ignore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Ah Dr B! I was so in the mood for berating Sexter till he cried like a baby :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

But I wanted to know what a jew-box which dispenses liberal poison was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Kaneda_ wrote: »

When they see all there friends heading to OZ,or travelling around the world,do you not think they are even a small bit regretful,but the catch 22 is that they cant tell anyone that they are,as thats basically saying i dont want to raise my child,i want my life back.

I know a lot of people who can't even manage to save up a bit of money to travel to OZ even if they wanted to travel.
    A large percentage of my friends in their 20's are unemployed, no savings, they can't take advantage of being young and carefree because they can't actually get a job at the moment, some of them can't afford to go out on the weekends and the ones who can afford it don't have anyone to go out with because everyone else is broke too! Not really a great life either is it OP?

Some people want to travel. Some can afford to, some can't
    Some people have jobs. Some jobs will give them enough money to live comfortably and have a great social life etc. but for some they might not have much money left at the end of the week anyway.
    Some people want a job but can't get one
    Some people like the simple life on the dole and can live happily on social welfare.
    Some people have kids at a young age and they love their lives as they are...and so on.....

You think you know what people in their 20's want out of life? Everyone wants different things, loads of people who emigrate now don't even want to go, they just have no choice but yet according to you young parents are jealous of them!

Who are you to presume you know what everyone wants?

Just because you don't want kids doesn't mean that other people don't either. And who has a baby to get a couple of hundred euro a week? :confused:

Yep I find that logic flawed aswell and it always comes up on boards, wouldn't these people get just as much money on the dole? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭_Beau_

Actually, I have taught teenagers who did plan on getting pregnant with a view to gaining a council house.

It's quite sad, really.

These teenagers came from homes where they weren't being treated well, they had little or no money, they had inadequate educational qualifications (and abilities) to secure a better future through education, they lacked confidence and their only foreseeable route to 'freedom' (leaving their parents' house) as they saw it, was pregnancy. For the most part, they were hoping that their boyfriends would 'play house' with them, but, I suspected that that they would not and my suspicions proved correct.

If you don't come from a disadvantaged background, or if you have no experience with the kind of people that I'm referring to, then I wouldn't expect you to understand. Having worked with them, I gained a lot of insight into their mentality. I had previously felt little sympathy for them (having been brought up by middle class parents myself) and after I got to know their life stories I truly felt sorry for them.

Poverty begets poverty, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mrs.

Happy accidents have been occurring since the dawn of time. It is the most basic instinct in nature to procreate-throw in teenage hormones, youths "it won't happen to me" mentality, inexperience with contraceptives-it all adds up. Having children younger has advantages and disadvantages, as does having children older-reduced fertility, increased risk of Downs Syndrome, etc. And it is not limited to the poorest in society.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Humanhank

My wife had our child at 21, I was 25. We both work 30-35 hours a week in a stable job, privately rent our house, save every week,have a pension each. We have been to Australia, Barbados and
    all over Europe with our son. We have no debt, good credit, claim nothing from the social. We spend our evenings and days off with our son and go out at the weekend with our friends. Oh neither of us have third level education. Our son is five by the way.
    Now is there anything there I have left out that might have lead to myself and my wife wasting our lives, because I can't think of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Gal pal

Ok this thread is a bit of a waste of time, not really sure what the OPs point is, apart from an excuse to rant.

BUT the amount of people that don't believe other people have kids to receive the benefits is incredible!!

I'm telling you it happens, FOUR of my useless cousins did it back in the late 90's and early noughties.

1st girl: aged 16 got knocked up, didn't want to do her LC because all she wanted was to be a mother. Got free flat from the state.

2nd girl: a year later did exactly the same because she saw what the 1st cousin was getting, also aged 16

3rd girl: did it a few years later, aged 19. After she finished school because sure what else is there to do??

4th girl: is the 2nd girls sister and did exactly the same aged 20.

Each said ''sure what difference does it make, there is childrens allowance, social welfare, housing.........''

All the girls have the same thing in common, all of their parents had them at similar ages, they have all sponged off the state at one stage of another.

Neither generation has any real qualifications or ambitions.

The whole thing is a lifestyle for them, it's what their parents did, it's what they did and more than likely their kids will do the same.

More than likely the OP knows girls exactly like them, there are tonnes of them, just because some posters may not know anybody who would do such a thing, I'm telling you they exist!!

I have an endless list of people that I went to school with, who chose the dole rather than starting apprenticeships because you made more on the dole than a 1st year apprentice.

Their words not mine.

And they have been on it ever since, and guess what, their parents did exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

In all fairness I think anyone who gets pregnant intentionally before 25 is wasting their life , I think anyone who gets pregnant intentionally before 30 is being a little silly and it wouldnt be my thing but wouldnt look down on them.

on the other hand , anyone who gets pregnant accidentally , if it was a case of being retarded and not using contraception - then its retarded at any age , if its a case of failed contraception / rape / incest etc... , while id wonder why they didnt get a boat over to england , i couldnt judge them at any age really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Became a Dad at 19, my daughter is now a grown woman and the kindest, caring and most beautiful person. Her first 11 years were time well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

tasha200 wrote: »
    I am a mother of three, and my 11 year old son could right a post with more maturity than the op.... condecending and patronising, and I really hope the op doesnt have any kids, for a long long time, and when he/she does, he/she comes back on the this thread and reads exactly how ignorant and immature he/she was.

I hate little condecending twits. So yeah, defo dont breed.

stopped reading there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Yaaa, Choose studying Arts and not having a facking clue what you're doing, choose going on a gap yaaah, choose doing an internship for some mug, choose endless weekend nights in Coppers, Choose one night stands, Choose breaking up with Diarmud because his career isn't going anywhere, Choose having to go back to mummy and duddy because the city was lioke getting too much, Choose making a list of a time line that your life has to ahere to or you're a waste of space, Choose the perfect wedding at 28-29, Choose the perfect baby for 29-33, Choose maternity leave, Choose to come back to the office and just keep going because you've ticked all the boxes haven't you.

There's more to life than that formula, as long as you keep working to better yourself having a kid or not you're not ruining your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

saa wrote: »
    Yaaa, Choose studying Arts and not having a facking clue what you're doing, choose going on a gap yaaah, choose doing an internship for some mug, choose endless weekend nights in Coppers, Choose one night stands, Choose breaking up with Diarmud because his career isn't going anywhere, Choose having to go back to mummy and duddy because the city was lioke getting too much, Choose making a list of a time line that your life has to ahere to or you're a waste of space, Choose the perfect wedding at 28-29, Choose the perfect baby for 29-33, Choose maternity leave, Choose to come back to the office and just keep going because you've ticked all the boxes haven't you.

There's more to life than that formula, as long as you keep working to better yourself having a kid or not you're not ruining your life.

in all fairness though you dont tend to have a lot of stability and dont tend to be in a good place career wise by 20 or 24 , realistically if women could biologically have kids at 50 id say that would be the best time but 30-32 are the absolutely safe limits on it really, if by choice why limit your career or life for the sake of a kid you can have 10 years down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Marcin_diy

Well

Older mum is more chances that baby will have down syndro
    m or any other disability.
    Btw more adult years spent on parties and alcohol will make your life shorter
    Better to have kids as soon as u can.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭angie16ab

realistically if women could biologically have kids at 50 id say that would be the best time

having a kid at 50? meaning by the time your kid is a teen you're collecting your pension and still have to find a way to support them, and another 10 years down the line you could be in ill health, or unable to drive etc... doesnt really sound like an ideal lifestyle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

angie16ab wrote: »
    having a kid at 50? meaning by the time your kid is a teen you're collecting your pension and still have to find a way to support them, and another 10 years down the line you could be in ill health, or unable to drive etc... doesnt really sound like an ideal lifestyle...

Maybe you should re-read the post I think that was the point the poster was making!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Twee. wrote: »
    But if you have them younger they'll be all grown up and you're free to live life, enjoying yourself with no kids!

My mam is 53, and I'm her youngest at 22. She's always running into old friends who are stressed with junior certs, teenage woes, even some tantrum throwing 8 years olds. And she's like lol my kids are grown up, heading off traveling for a month with the husband.

Likewise I am 52, my wife 51. Our three (now adult) children are aged 26, 24, and 21. Eldest is married, middle one almost qualified in her chosen profession, and the youngest, sadly, has emigrated two years ago:(but is very happy (as are all three).

We're still (relatively) young, but the age that you choose to have children at is a lifestyle choice, and experience will vary.

Having said that, I know of someone my age who has recently had a baby with someone twenty years his junior..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    You have your school years,then third level education or you enter the job market and try to get yourself in a position to earn a living and forge a decent career for yourself,something that is very important.Having a child at such a young age puts these things on hold.
    Or you have your child, then your 3rd level education and get yourself into a position to earn a living and have a decent career. It's possible to do both.
    If you want to move out of home and dont want to pay 150-200 a week on rent,have a child and the the social will give you a house,then proceed to allow the father/bf to live there with you,the entire county is doing this.

Yawn.
    I suggest you read up on single parenting facts. More than half of single parents do not claim social welfare.
    Of the half who do, 60% of those also work.
    The percentage of OPFP(One parent family payment) recipients under 30 years of age is falling (41.6%)
    The percentage of OPFP recipients over 30 is increasing (currently 58.4%)
    The number of teenage mothers fell from 4.4% in 1997 to 2.2% in 2007

You're just spouting the usual single parent = Vikki Pollard crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Im 29 and I have 4 kids. The eldest is 9 and the youngest is 1. By the time im in my late 40's me and the hubby should be travelling around the world enjoying ourselves. Glad I did it this way. We both work btw so you can have kids young and not live off social welfare.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Do some people think it's impossible to enjoy yourself and go travelling when you are older and your kids are grown up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Do some people think it's impossible to enjoy yourself and go travelling when you are older and your kids are grown up?

Do some people think it's impossible to enjoy yourself and go travelling with your kids?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

ash23 wrote: »
    Do some people think it's impossible to enjoy yourself and go travelling with your kids?

It would seem some do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Define wasteful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

In all fairness I think anyone who gets pregnant intentionally before 25 is wasting their life , I think anyone who gets pregnant intentionally before 30 is being a little silly and it wouldnt be my thing but wouldnt look down on them.

on the other hand , anyone who gets pregnant accidentally , if it was a case of being retarded and not using contraception - then its retarded at any age , if its a case of failed contraception / rape / incest etc... , while id wonder why they didnt get a boat over to england , i couldnt judge them at any age really

Under 30 first child silly!!

30 is old for a woman, she is well past her physical peak/beauty at that age.

By the time a model is 30, her beauty has gone.She is washed up, that's a model, not a normal girl!

Most normal women are going downhill at 23-24, at 28 there is a noticeable difference in looks between her 28 year old self and 19 year old self.

Nothing nicer than seeing a beautiful young woman of 23 out for a stroll on the beach with her newborn baby and husband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Squall19 wrote: »

By the time a model is 30, her beauty has gone.She is washed up, that's a model, not a normal girl!

Most normal women are going downhill at 23-24, at 28 there is a noticeable difference in looks between her 28 year old self and 19 year old self.

Nothing nicer than seeing a beautiful young woman of 23 out for a stroll on the beach with her newborn baby and husband.

Wow, who let Captain Caveman into the thread????????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Squall19 wrote: »

Helen mirren.

Advertisement