Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Oh look, there's a road bike in the next GTA game. The BMX was fun in San Andreas 8 years ago (8 years ago!).

looks class alright, set up some gta5 multiplayer road bike racing :pac: damn it i want that game

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

BX 19 wrote: »
    GTAIV is better imo.

I didn't like it really, too dark, too realistic physics, and i missed having some variety in the surroundings. Also the player's character never really changes by the end of the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

RobFowl wrote: »
    Going to date myself here but I did medicine at UCD (Pre-med was done with 1st year science) 26 points for medicine the (I got 27) and science was 21. WIth 2 years I wouldn't have got in to UCD and after 4 years none of the Irish colleges :o

I'm also dating myself - but in the late seventies med was 23, eng was 21 - 2 extra points for hons maths. Some serious grade inflation going on. eng is around 500, med probably nearer 600. That's some grade inflation - pints (as in nice creamy ones) are only up about ten fold whereas uni points are up by a factor of twenty five!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

CramCycle wrote: »
    200 more than when I got in the door

Similar to what my old course (denominated entry Comp Sci) has gone to... I remember a time when it was under 300 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Looks like the only way I'd get on to Science in TCD this year is if they accept ClubCard points!!!

510 this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Inverted bike shop - great video - https://vimeo.com/groups/hdxs/videos/36258512
    Amongst the multitude of bike shops across Manhattan and Brooklyn, 718 Cyclery (718c.com) stands out for their unique approach to the business. This is the "inverted bike shop".

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

I'm playing some background guitar music at a lunch in the Kilmainham Arts Festival, and the organisers asked me to publicise the festival in general. (I cleared this post with Beasty first!)

http://festival.kilmainhamartsclub.com/events/calendar.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

looks class alright, set up some gta5 multiplayer road bike racing :pac: damn it i want that game

Looks kinda like a track bike to me, wonder will there be a velodrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i know i read something about it saying there would be mtbing in it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Anybody watching the USA pro cycling challenge?

It's hilarious, the lads on eurosport just don't want to be there. They're slagging off the course, the finishing town, the logging industry, the host broadcaster, the category jerseys....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

New series coming up on Sky Atlantic.........

British Cycling: Road to Glory

Starts August 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Don't know if I can face that now. The olympics coverage on BBC had so much self-congratulatory stuff that I would rather watch paint dry or grass grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Don't know if I can face that now. The olympics coverage on BBC had so much self-congratulatory stuff that I would rather watch paint dry or grass grow.

Just like Ireland and the Boxing/Showjumping successes. They're well entitled to be self congratulatory, they had some excellent performances during the Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I'm also dating myself

:eek: I think that's illegal in several countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I'm playing some background guitar music at a lunch in the Kilmainham Arts Festival

This is your opportunity to do a Marty McFly, you can't not do it. G'wan, Tomasrojo McFly!

46441-McFly_guitar.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,746 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

doozerie wrote: »
    This is your opportunity to do a Marty McFly, you can't not do it. G'wan, Tomasrojo McFly!

46441-McFly_guitar.jpg
    I think that would be "foreground" music!

BX 19 wrote: »
    Just like Ireland and the Boxing/Showjumping successes. They're well entitled to be self congratulatory, they had some excellent performances during the Olympics.

I'm not denying it, it's just that personally I have lost the stomach for it. Too much of a good thing is not a good thing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Coming along north circular this morning, stopped at lights. Set off from lights, only for a guy to start undertaking me. Considering I'd overtaken him a moment previous, I was slightly peeved at his insolence. Commuter race mode, push past him, sitting just outside the cycle lane. Over take two more cyclists before moving back into the cycle lane.
    At this point the cycle lane goes between a straight lane and a left-turning lane. At the precise moment I start moving up the inside of the straight lane (in the cycle lane), a woman turns out of a left turn and into the left-turn lane. I swear if I'd been on a wider flat-barred bike I would've been wedged between her and the tailback. As it was I gave her a couple of roars, but she refused to make eye contact with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭buffalo

Also, one of the guys in work has started commuting on an electric bike. I'm awaiting his imminent joining of the Lunchtime League of Angry Cyclists.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I had a motorist shout at me this morning, in his best Father Austin Purcell voice "You cyclists are lethal!".
    I was stopped at a traffic light at the time, while the anointed one was negotiating a right hand turn sans seat belt with a coffee in one hand.

• Advertisement

RT66 wrote: »
    I had a motorist shout at me this morning, in his best Father Austin Purcell voice "You cyclists are lethal!".
    I was stopped at a traffic light at the time, while the anointed one was negotiating a right hand turn sans seat belt with a coffee in one hand.

He was giving us cyclists a compliment. He's most probably a bit older and trying to be hip and cool, could not remember the colloquialism "deadly" so used lethal instead.

He was giving us cyclists a compliment. He's most probably a bit older and trying to be hip and cool, could not remember the colloquialism "deadly" so used lethal instead.

Lethal was always just as applicable. I think Deadly replaced Rapid, Lethal replaced Deadly. Kids now probably say Malignant or Pestilential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

hardCopy wrote: »
    Lethal was always just as applicable. I think Deadly replaced Rapid, Lethal replaced Deadly. Kids now probably say Malignant or Pestilential.

I'm down with that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

tumblr_m8s7d8kkd51qe7dlao1_500.jpgtumblr_m8s7d8kkd51qe7dlao2_r1_500.jpg

I'm down with that.

Radical!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I had a guy lane change around me on butt bridge whilst shouting out his window that I'm "looking to get myself killed"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Idleater wrote: »
    I had a guy lane change around me on butt bridge whilst shouting out his window that I'm "looking to get myself killed"

I've seen you cycle. I reckon he's right!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Took the plunge and cycled in this morning. 31km each way Blessington to City Center. Some nice improv to be done due to lack of shower facilities but from home to office it's only 31km of largely down hill so at this time of season thats not enough to even break sweat. I'm thinking the way home my average speed should be slightly down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Pictured: Dirksland, Netherlands.

dirkslandIMGP7175.jpg

Not pictured: The many beautiful topless women who are the sole inhabitants of Dirksland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

could not remember the colloquialism "deadly" so used lethal instead.

My wife comes from Kerry. In Kerry, a "deadly" person is someone to be avoided. A pub bore, for example, might be described as being "pure deadly". After nearly twenty years together we have worked through this difficulty and I am happy to report that our marriage is likely to survive.

On the other hand, her assumption that I may have actually watched ****e like Wanderly Wagon and Youngline is a constant cloud on our relationship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement