Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

On the other hand, her assumption that I may have actually watched ****e like Wanderly Wagon and Youngline is a constant cloud on our relationship.

Lethal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

599529_425559187485656_1854131680_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

553645_10151088000273910_636044221_n.jpg

I've cleared this with Beasty and he's happy to have this posted in here.

Natty ladies jerseys for sale through cycleways with a tenner from each sale to go to the fund for running Rás na mBan - an international 5 day ladies stage race!

Designed by and for women, they're very nice jerseys and proper quality too.

http://www.cycleways.com/store/product/65352/S11-Jer-Lds-Ras-na-mBan-XS/

Ras na mBan Facebook link:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151088000273910&set=a.114651378909.101485.114008573909&type=1&theater

^^^^ He should have let you have your own thread for that..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Helmet Head is still around.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-22-at-14.48.50.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RT66 wrote: »
    ^^^^ He should have let you have your own thread for that..
    Who is "he"?

If it had it's own thread, there would be nothing to discuss and it would quickly drop off the front page

This way you can at least keep some interest in it by risking the wrath of a mod by challenging him in-thread:p

The mod can then respond that if anyone wants to keep this "fresh" they could put a link to the FB page in their signatures ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Beasty wrote: »
    Who is "he"?

If it had it's own thread, there would be nothing to discuss and it would quickly drop off the front page

This way you can at least keep some interest in it by risking the wrath of a mod by challenging him in-thread:p

The mod can then respond that if anyone wants to keep this "fresh" they could put a link to the FB page in their signatures ...

Oh yeah, hadn't even thought of that. - Well I don't really do facebook.

I was thinking of horse-ing it on adverts as well. Would that be kosher? Is it only ad's that can't be mirrored?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I had a dream last night that the Olympic selection committee came to watch me play 5 a side indoor soccer, and decided to put me forward for the Olympic 100 meters, where I was guaranteed at least a bronze medal. It was a really vivid dream where I even lined up at the start in the stadium. I think I was wearing one of them fleecy tracksuits you get in Dunnes. Usain Bolt gave me a little nod of acknowledgement as I walked to the blocks. How bizarre. I have to admit though, I was fairly chuffed at having achieved a minimum of a bronze.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fat bloke wrote: »
    I was thinking of horse-ing it on adverts as well. Would that be kosher? Is it only ad's that can't be mirrored?
    You've got to be selling (or buying) something yourself to use adverts - you can't simply post a link to someone else's FB page (you'll get yourself banned for spamming if you do;))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Helmet Head is still around.

Same guy? IIRC the original was shorter and had a Dual susser.

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57149692

Hmmm hard to tell, they're both so mysterious. I wonder what would happen if they met each other. The world would probably end.

Oops, Double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Helmet Head

Taken today? That's my lane. You should have called in for some cake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Might get into trouble for this, but couldn't resist.........:D

FYP.............
    lennymc wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that the SPECIAL Olympic selection committee came to watch me play 5 a side indoor soccer, and decided to put me forward for the Olympic 100 meters, where I was guaranteed at least a bronze medal. It was a really vivid dream where I even lined up at the start in the stadium. I think I was wearing one of them fleecy tracksuits you get in Dunnes. Usain Bolt gave me a little nod of acknowledgement as I walked to the blocks. How bizarre. I have to admit though, I was fairly chuffed at having achieved a minimum of a bronze.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Cycling along the Dublin North quays this morning, bus lane clear immediately ahead of me, I saw a taxi pulled into one of the side roads but stopped parallel to the bus lane. He was blocking the side road, with no indicator on, but I've long since stopped trying to figure out what form of "reasoning" some people apply to what they do. As I approached he pulled out in front of me, he couldn't even bother flicking on his "this entitles to me do bleedin' anything" indicator.

I hit the brakes, did my generic "what the hell?" wave of the hand, and as he approached a line of stopped traffic in the bus lane I went past him on the left. Or at least I tried to, he drove his car towards the kerb as I was alongside and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid being squashed. He pulled back out and drove on, I yelled. A few metres further on he had to stop behind a bus, I saw his driver window open so moved up on his right. He literally swung the car to the right, presumably to block me off, but I had just enough room to move up to his window.

I was well and truly pissed now and my question of "What are you doing?" came out as a yell. His response was a brainless "FOOK YEW!", I sometimes wonder whether there is an special taxi driver school that some of them opt to attend where they are taught an attitude problem, some sweary words, and a complete inability to communicate - it may be the same school that offers a module on "What's wrong with the world and how you, and only you, have the knowledge to remedy it". I was inches from his face, something he was presumably conscious of as he quickly raised his window after his outburst. I knew the tall ships were in town, it seems like the small sh1ts are too.

The red mist descended, various options flashed across my mind, most of which involved yer man in some discomfort. My inner toerag urged me to "G'wan, do it, tear the roof off the car and pluck him outta his seat!", my inner middle-aged reasonable person urged me to "Leave it, leave it. Let it go, he's not worth it". I opted for a kind of middle ground and just hollered some sweary words back at him before cycling off. I spent the next few minutes fighting my inner toerag's efforts to turn the bike round and go back. I think I audibly growled several times over the next few hundred metres. I pity yer man's passengers, it can't be fun being driven around by a cranky and aggressive hoor.

At two different junctions further along the road several pedestrians walked out in front of me as I had a green light. I turned onto one of the lesser parallel roads to find a cycling courier cycling straight towards me, him completely on the wrong side of the road, his face registering some combination of surprise and annoyance at something actually using that side of the road. The garda standing only a few metres behind me either didn't see or didn't care to see. My inner toerag was threatening to kick my inner reasonable person in the teeth and let rip at this stage. I've managed to keep it under control but it is on a hair trigger at the moment, it may be an eventful ride later. <inner turmoil smiley>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

doozerie wrote: »
    Cycling along the Dublin North quays this morning

I second Lumen's thoughts, get a blog doozerie. :)

buffalo wrote: »
    I second Lumen's thoughts, get a blog doozerie. :)

Hmm, a blog, can I hit people with that? ...the inner me would like to know:

Hulk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Even if you don't like segregated infrastructure, you have to admit, this looks cool:

hovenring2.jpg?w=614&h=446

The whole cycle-roundabout-track-thing is floating.

http://bicycledutch.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/spectacular-new-floating-cycle-roundabout/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Is holding in a fart bad for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

Hungrycol wrote: »

No but it can be bad for the person about to fart.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The increased pressure could cause schpincter failure, bad times, don't do it, NFSW:
    google pink sock

CramCycle wrote: »
    The increased pressure could cause schpincter failure, bad times, don't do it, NFSW:
    google pink sock

i can only imagine what thats like. Im sure its as bad as NSFW
    googling blue waffle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

lennymc wins, I'm out, do not google whatever he tells you to google.

yeah, actually, dont google that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,384 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

:pac:

Can't believe you googled that CramCycle, you been hiding under a rock the past few years? That ones as old as the hills! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

Really enjoyed reading about this Tiernan's night ride: http://www.sttiernanscc.com/night-ride-report/
    I kid you not there was even a sprint off into the dark between Colm and Mick with a late burst from Rob, unassisted by van lights for the prime at the crossroads. No one could tell who won.
    :D

I have a vague memory of hearing some doctor or other being asked something along these lines in a radio program a few years back and he said something about the gas being reabsorbed and eventually escaping your body on your breath*. Which is lovely really.

* Basically, someone or other said something about this at some point in the past, somewhere or other, and in relation to some question or other. Therefore it must be true...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

buffalo wrote: »
    Really enjoyed reading about this Tiernan's night ride: http://www.sttiernanscc.com/night-ride-report/

:D

I won, obviously! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement