Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

I am a fan of double wrapped bars but not so much when you discover it at 9pm when you need to replace brifters, too tired for all this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭padjo5

Got properly wet tonight for first time in a long while....is there really such a thing as waterproof shoe covers???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

padjo5 wrote: »
    Got properly wet tonight for first time in a long while....is there really such a thing as waterproof shoe covers???

If they claim to be waterproof...they're probably lying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I think shoe covers can be waterproof, but the problem is seepage down your leg and in through the top!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

padjo5 wrote: »

Bare feet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Wet feet aren't the problem. It's cold feet that are. So if you have overshoes that keep you warm, it shouldn't matter too much if some water gets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

20091106_ParaWorlds_D1_089.jpg

who needs feet.

Is anyone else looking forward to the paralympics? I cant wait. Isnt Colin Lynch a member on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

I often see a guy cycling in Dublin who's lost an arm. Respect!!!

yes, my last comment may have sounded a bit flippant, but i have absolutely nothing but respect for people who, when faced with hurdles and obstacles that would discourage most people from even attempting some things, instead get up and do it at such a high level. It truly is inspiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

I didn't see it as flippant. It was obvious to me what you meant. Why else would you be looking forward to the games?

I know he's not a cyclist, but Oscar Pistorius is someone I'll be watching. The fact that he competed in the Olympic Games against able bodied athletes is phenomenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

The difference between the Olympics - which a lot of the time nowadays seem to be competitions between drug companies - and the Paralympics - where the competitors are people of marvellous courage and style, with many superb athletes - makes me much more likely to watch the Paralympics.

I didn't see it as flippant. It was obvious to me what you meant.

sorry, wasnt aimed at you, it was just in case anyone else misunderstood me. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was going to start a paralympic thread but I hope there's someone out there that can do a better job, it starts in around 11 days. Colin Lynch goes under paralympiccyclist here (or something similar). Morana started a thread last year about him and Mark Rohan, if I recall correctly Beasty was intrigued by his carbon fibre leg. There's also a very recent ten minute interview with Colin Lynch on the RTE player which I'll link to when I'm near a PC.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Our own Jason Smyth is one to watch - like Pistorious he was hoping to compete in both sets of Games, but he missed qualification for the Olympics by 0.04 seconds!!!

He's competed at the Europeans previously.

EDIT - cyclist Cathal Miller is the flag bearer for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Thinking of doing some touring around New Zealand. Anyone know of any blogs or sites that I could use as a reference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

I find myself lusting over a TT bike following a team TT last night....I wonder if i sold the commuter to make space and fund one, would it be feasible to commute on a TT machine....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Thinking of doing some touring around New Zealand. Anyone know of any blogs or sites that I could use as a reference?

Don't forget to carry a shotgun with you for the spiders!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

colm_gti wrote: »
    I find myself lusting over a TT bike following a team TT last night....I wonder if i sold the commuter to make space and fund one, would it be feasible to commute on a TT machine....:rolleyes:

Worst idea ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I know he's not a cyclist, but Oscar Pistorius is someone I'll be watching. The fact that he competed in the Olympic Games against able bodied athletes is phenomenal.
    It's a big can of worms that one. I'll crack the can open and let you have a peak inside.
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/search?q=oscar+pistorius

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,990 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This one;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Found a Cateye Velo Wireless just outside the Hilton in Kilmainham this lunchtime.

If it belongs to anyone here send me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

It's a big can of worms that one. I'll crack the can open and let you have a peak inside.
    http://www.sportsscientists.com/search?q=oscar+pistorius

great blog that

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

hi lads,
    does anyone know how to get tar spots off a bike frame?
    i have tried scrubbing them off but they dont seem to be moving. they look like little black spots on the frame - something like this
    decontaminate-a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

flying11 wrote: »
    hi lads,
    i have tried scrubbing them off but they dont seem to be moving. they look like little black spots on the frame - something like this
    decontaminate-a.jpg

squirt a bit of wd40 onto a cloth the rub it off with the wd40 impregnated cloth - works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

respray the bike black :pac:

hi lads,
    decontaminate-a.jpg

I use tar remover but my frame is bare metal - I'm not sure what this stuff would do to carbon fibre - I'd imagine it's ok on paint given it's for cars.

robocop:
    C3281F2CD610B2B3F488F75EBD8E.jpg

chris froome:
    robocop_l.jpg

your move, creep.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just got screamed at by some dumb fcuk driver for *not* breaking the lights while cycling... the mind boggles.

Damned if you do.............................

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

27C at 1:15am... Great drinking weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,950 ✭✭✭furiousox

hi lads,

Give it a good rub with a rag soaked in petrol, should do the trick.

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement