Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Just got me some boards kit thanks to LeftBlank.

I'll have to cycle laps of Dublin City Centre until I'm spotted in the boards jersey thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Raam wrote: »
    I want to punch the weather in the face.

But you'll make it cry and 'tis wet enough outside already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

tbh the way its been raining someone must have kicked the weather right in the testies at the start of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Junior

Fnargh ! Woopsie !

7141292765_308f61fa8b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^
    Similar discussion on the bikeless-cycling forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056735744

A valuable lesson, hard learnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

oh the shame of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭buffalo

oflahero wrote: »

haha, love it! Herself kept giving out yesterday about Neil Armstrong's doping.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

oflahero wrote: »
    The trumpet is for Louis, is it?

Is Lumen still alive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Had considered a cycle tonight but the weather put a stop to that. Instead I tackled our non-draining dishwasher. After much disassembly - without huge confidence of being able to reassemble it - I discovered a chip of porcelain in the impeller of the drain motor. Once removed, I set about putting everything back together and surprised myself by managing that - didn't even have any screws left over. I surprised myself even more when the dishwasher actually worked afterwards!

Only downside is that my achievements went unnoticed by Strava.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Herrmans STD Rim Tape

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=83549

sounds like something else completely different...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,127 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

buffalo wrote: »
    Is Lumen still alive?
    Is Lumen another Armstrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

WFObVWx7p0qO4n3uBTRJuA2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

25720321.jpg

25720425.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Anyone else think it out of place that such an advert is displayed in 410?

http://www.epoboost.com/Cycling.html?gclid=CJ7u0aTEirICFcpA4QodC0wA_Q

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

Anyone else think it out of place that such an advert is displayed in 410?

http://www.epoboost.com/Cycling.html?gclid=CJ7u0aTEirICFcpA4QodC0wA_Q

Don't them adverts usually pop up based on what you have been searching? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

route66 wrote: »
    Had considered a cycle tonight but the weather put a stop to that. Instead I tackled our non-draining dishwasher. After much disassembly - without huge confidence of being able to reassemble it - I discovered a chip of porcelain in the impeller of the drain motor. Once removed, I set about putting everything back together and surprised myself by managing that - didn't even have any screws left over. I surprised myself even more when the dishwasher actually worked afterwards!
    Only downside is that my achievements went unnoticed by Strava.

Did you lie awake for ages contemplating the hour record afterwards? ;)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Anyone else think the nights have become darker a whole lot quicker this year?

Maybe the northern latitudes of cavan are fooling me into thinking that.....

Two weeks ago it was bright at this time, now it's properly dark.

furiousox wrote: »

How did you know? I actually got up in the middle of the night and did the whole job a second time. This time around I used powertools & the times were excellent. Lost a bit of time on the lhs-panel removal but gained everywhere else - and I got the KOM!

Couldn't find my phone this morning. I'd left the damn thing in the dishwasher by accident and wrecked it. Strangely, this also wiped my Strava upload.

Oh, and bits of the phone are now jammed in the motor and it's no longer draining ...

• Advertisement

G rock wrote: »
    Anyone else think the nights have become darker a whole lot quicker this year?

Maybe the northern latitudes of cavan are fooling me into thinking that.....

Two weeks ago it was bright at this time, now it's properly dark.

At this time of year, we're loosing about 4-5 minutes of daylight per day. X 7 = 30+ minutes a week ...

That includes morning and evening. So it actually might be only half that - 15 mins - if, say, you just go out in the evenings.

Still ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

furiousox wrote: »

scaled.php?server=824&filename=article133632208522012f.jpg&res=landing

Looks like his washing machine has been spared in the making of the latest contraption :rolleyes:

route66 wrote: »
    At this time of year, we're loosing about 4-5 minutes of daylight per day. X 7 = 30+ minutes a week ...

That includes morning and evening. So it actually might be only half that - 15 mins - if, say, you just go out in the evenings.

Still ...

Found the link - click here to see this in a graph (Dublin). Click on the table icon on the top RHS to see the stats.

Or here where you can enter your own location: link

?l1pays=Ireland&l1etat=Leinster&l1ville=Dublin&l2pays=&l2etat=&l1cityname=Dublin%2C+Leinster%2C+Ireland&l1ltd=53&l1ltm=25&l1lts=58&l1ltx=N&l1lgd=6&l1lgm=15&l1lgs=0&l1lgx=W&l1tz=0.0&l1dst=EU&l2cityname=&l2ltd=&l2ltm=&l2lts=&l2ltx=N&l2lgd=&l2lgm=&l2lgs=&l2lgx=E&l2tz=0&l2dst=&year=2012&month=08&day=29&lang=en_CA&go=Show+the+graph%21

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Only just realised the League Cup has new sponsors this year - Capital One

Presumably this will no longer have the tag the "Worthless Cup", as it can be re-branded the COCUP, and (duly abbreviated) we can speculate as to who will be lifting the COC in February. Liverpool fans can now dream of chanting "We'll be running round Wembley with the COC":D

Why is it only cyclists, feminists and atheists that can be militant?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    Only just realised the League Cup has new sponsors this year - Capital One

Presumably this will no longer have the tag the "Worthless Cup", as it can be re-branded the COCUP, and (duly abbreviated) we can speculate as to who will be lifting the COC in February. Liverpool fans can now dream of chanting "We'll be running round Wembley with the COC":D

And we could be seeing Man U not even getting COC yet alone anything else by next June ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12750/Danish-Cycling-Union-shocked-after-board-member-tests-positive.aspx

Having taken a tough line in the past on anti-doping matters involving Michael Rasmussen and others, the Danish Cycling Union has been put in the embarrassing position of one of its own board members testing positive.
    The 47 year old Soren Svenningsen tested positive for three banned substances at a veterans’ race in June. He was the owner of the former Team Capinordic squad.

Should we bring in randomised testing at CI board meetings I wonder? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

Folks, does anyone have a map of the grand canal cycling lane. I know it essentially follows the canal but at points it looks like it veers off (i've not cycled all of it yet) and just wondering where it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

So sad, he must have written 'Harvest Moon' when he was up there too. :pac:

photo-16.png

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement