Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most evil person ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wouldn't agree with that Coolhat

Ted Bundy was a very handsome lad and had a fair bit of charm to put girls at ease and trick them
    He was interviewed and released by police but you think you could figure him out in a few seconds

And Charles Manson managed to get lots of followers, they are few enough who could manage that

You'd be the worlds greatest policeman if you could identify serial killers in seconds

As for the first two, well Stalin was a pretty good looking guy back in Georgia and seemed to have been a bit of a womanizer and a bank robber. Normal bloke? Maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

mikemac wrote: »
    You'd be the worlds greatest policeman if you could identify serial killers in seconds

But within saying that you are agreeing that you just dont know who is evil then.

So the question comes up, how do you know one is evil? Were guys like Hitler and Stalin so few and far between? ... or just guys who rose to power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

John Gotti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

any Rangers FC supporter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Abraham Lincoln, Stalin, Amon Göth.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Hitler probably wouldn't be in the top three evil Nazis, certainly behind Mengele and Himmler, Muller and Goebbels and the lads in the SS/Gestapo. Not near the most evil ever.

Recently, I'd have to agree, the Dnepropetrovsk maniacs. Disgusting video..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Andrei Chikatilo.
    The wiki article is worth a read for those of you who enjoy the darker side of human nature.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

CoolHat wrote: »
    Hitler would generally be the name people most say.

Scary thing is, there is probably dozens of people that trump Hitler in the evil department. Just not as notorious.

True, Hitler didn't personally murder X million people. The likes of Himmler, Mengele, Amon Göth et al. would be far worse as it was these who did the killings. In fact Mengele was probably the worst of them considering some of what he got away with and the fact that he was never tried for it.
    The Goth weather gurl on RTE.

Pure evil she is.

Who is she?
    flyswatter wrote: »
    No mention yet of Shiro Ishii, a Japanese lietenant responsible for war crimes/ human experimentation. An evil man indeed, just google Unit 731. Pretty sickening.

Up there with Mengele. Basically a Japanese version. Hard to know who was worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Who ever is more eviller den Skeletor, innit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Have a particular hatred for Agusto Pinochet. Wanker extraordinaire. Was in Chile and spoke to a guy who saw his neighbours getting murdered right in front of his eyes when he was only a kid. The incomprehendable thing is, 50% of the population think he was great.

People are fecking weird.

I also despise Franco...this country had to sign of a pact of forgetting and both parties agreed to an amnesty of not mentioning what happened throughout his dictatorship. The tension is still palpable today. Luckily the skeletons are being dragged from the closet finally and people are talking a bit more openly about it than before . There's an underlying "put up and shut up teeth tongue-biting" feeling in this country and you can sense it everyday in their politics. People of a certain generation from both sides are still raging over it. Nothing will move on until it's discussed and those responsible blamed. 50,000 people at least were tortured and murdered under his dictatorship. He still has a lot of support in this city (Madrid) and that gives me the serious heebie jeebies. I hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

You cannot label people as 'evil' anymore. We (hopefully) live in a more enlightened time.

You must refer to them as 'differently moralled' and respect everyone's individuality.

Surprised this thread hasnt been locked already with such abusive language being used so freely about people unable to defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Sandwlch wrote: »
    You cannot label people as 'evil' anymore. We (hopefully) live in a more enlightened time.

You must refer to them as 'differently moralled' and respect everyone's individuality.

Surprised this thread hasnt been locked already with such abusive language being used so freely about people unable to defend themselves.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

The fellas that murdered those two mexican guys with a chainsaw two weeks ago, they have to be the most evil bastards ever. I will not post links, the video is on the net, google if you dare. I didn't sleep right after seeing it, the whole "Why, why, why are humans so evil" kept going around in my head.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yahew wrote: »
    I dont trust a word Pilger says, and that was the article I was previously referring to. It proves very little, like most Pilger articles ( bombing cambodia may have helped Pol Pot, but bombing doesn't normally lead to Pol Potism. if it always did then the Nazi attack on london would led to a British Pol Pot). [//QUOTE]The old roman punishment of decimation [ the killing or ONE in TEN ] was to ensure that everyone in the unit lost someone close to them so as to dehumanise them.

Similar effects have been seen in wars since. Units can stand a per mission attrition rate of up to 3 or 5% (I can't remember which) and larger attrition rates over many rates. Any more and there is a tipping point beyond which normal morals break down and atrocities become more common.

http://www.walrusmagazine.com/articles/2006.10-history-bombing-cambodia/
    The still-incomplete database (it has several “dark” periods) reveals that from October 4, 1965, to August 15, 1973, the United States dropped far more ordnance on Cambodia than was previously believed: 2,756,941 tons’ worth
    To put this in perspective in WWII the total tonnage dropped worldwide would have been a little under 4 million tonnes. Most of the bombs dropped in Cambodia were in the south east of the country were the KR operated.

As for the bombing of London. 40,000 died between Spetember 1940 and May 1941. This is less that the number of RAF Bomber Command that died during the war or the number that died in Hamburg in a few days at the end of July 1943
    http://www.svenlindqvist.net/main.asp?cat=2&lang=2&id=88
    THE SPLENDID DECISION

On the tenth of May in 1940, Churchill became Prime Minister of England. On the eleventh of May, he gave the order to bomb Germany.

"It was a splendid decision," writes J. M. Spaight, expert on international law and Secretary of the British Air Ministry. Thanks to that decision, the English to-day can walk with their heads held high. When Churchill began to bomb Germany, he knew that the Germans did not want a bombing war. Their airforce, unlike the British, was not made for heavy bombs . Churchill went on bombing, even though he knew that reprisals were unavoidable. He consciously sacrificed London and other English cities for the sake of freedom and civilization. "It was a splendid decision."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Have a particular hatred for Agusto Pinochet. Wanker extraordinaire. Was in Chile and spoke to a guy who saw his neighbours getting murdered right in front of his eyes when he was only a kid. The incomprehendable thing is, 50% of the population think he was great.

People are fecking weird.

I also despise Franco...this country had to sign of a pact of forgetting and both parties agreed to an amnesty of not mentioning what happened throughout his dictatorship. The tension is still palpable today. Luckily the skeletons are being dragged from the closet finally and people are talking a bit more openly about it than before . There's an underlying "put up and shut up teeth tongue-biting" feeling in this country and you can sense it everyday in their politics. People of a certain generation from both sides are still raging over it. Nothing will move on until it's discussed and those responsible blamed. 50,000 people at least were tortured and murdered under his dictatorship. He still has a lot of support in this city (Madrid) and that gives me the serious heebie jeebies. I hate it.

The alternative to Spanish fascism was not democracy but communism, and it would have been a particularly vicious communism too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Two-Face, The Scarecrow and Catwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs, as someone said here earlier for 'that snuff video'

I couldnt sleep for nights after seeing that!! And im so sorry I EVER watched it!!

Also on my list Charlie Manson, even though he wasnt 'hands on', i reckon a very evil man to this day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Hundreds of candidates. Wouldn't necessarily say those Ukrainian lads were less evil than say Hitler/Himmler/Mengele, for example, they just hadn't got the means to be as prolific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

Yahew wrote: »
    The alternative to Spanish fascism was not democracy but communism, and it would have been a particularly vicious communism too.

The same for Agusto Pinochet, but the CIA did a job on Allende it was a strange time in global politics. But appart from Cuba and some central American states America did succeed in keeping the red menace out of South America.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Heinrich Himmler. I mean how does somebody start out as a pig farmer, and end up being the chief architect of a genocide?

d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Sandwlch wrote: »

Maybe the poor dears had bad childhoods. We should really just give them one great big hug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

daithi1970 wrote: »
    Heinrich Himmler. I mean how does somebody start out as a pig farmer, and end up being the chief architect of a genocide?

d

Right place at the right time.

If the NAZIs teach us anything one must be how a mere pig farmer can have a capacity for evil. We all have.

I was watching something about collaborators, when the NAZIs invaded Russia they recruited a police force from the locals. Just ordinary people. These and not the SS or Wermach murdered millions of Jews. They weren't even coaxed they just did it to steal their property.

Man Woman and child, they shot them all in firing squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Since all the usual characters have been mentioned:

Albert Fish
    • A complete sick bastard who was a child rapist and cannibal. He sent one of his victim's mother a letter detailing how he killed and ate their child.

Andrei Chikatilo
    • Otherwise known as the Butcher of Rostov. Derranged monster who got only get sexually aroused as he killed 56 women and children. Reading his biography is exhausting at how relentless he was in murdering others.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What about Henry Kissinger?

Must get that book Hitchens wrote about him.
    Roughly 10 million killed since the end of WWII in wars the US military participated in.

Full.Duck wrote: »
    The guy who invented MP3's, ruined the music industry.
    The compact cassette did it. MP3 just made it more efficient.

Cassette tapes were easy to copy and untraceable. Khomeini used them for his speeches. You could argue that the Iranian revolution couldn't have happened without them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

4leto wrote: »
    The same for Agusto Pinochet, but the CIA did a job on Allende it was a strange time in global politics. But appart from Cuba and some central American states America did succeed in keeping the red menace out of South America.

....by the joyous methods of proxy death squads, rape squads, keeping those evil priests, nuns, journos, natives, social reformers and the occassional communist in line. Thus Latin America was saved from the vile clutches of social reform.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

"God" for inventing humans.

Humans for inventing 'God'. ;)
    Hahah, that's very true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Batsy

John Doe1 wrote: »
    A few off the top of my head:

Those two ukrainian lads in THAT snuff video

Oliver Cromwell

Margaret Thatcher

Oliver Cromwell and Margaret Thatcher?

You must be mad to rate those two as more evil that the likes of Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot.

In fact, both Cromwell and Thatcher were two of the greatest politicians Britain has ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

4leto wrote: »

Wasnt this the same logic which drive German (and other) industrialists to bankroll Hitler ?
    Full.Duck wrote: »
    The guy who invented MP3's, ruined the music industry.

FYP !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Ned Flanders.

Advertisement