Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most evil person ever?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

And on topic, John Prescott.

lol. I am centre right and I love Prescott. Particularly since he took that guy out. Proper order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Yahew wrote: »
    Castro and Tito were the best communist dictators for sure. Both practical men. Still dictators though.

Dictator doesn't neccessarily equate to 'evil' though. In fact, life in Tito's Yugoslavia was probably superior to life in Ireland during the same time period.
    mikemac wrote: »
    Leopald of Belgium
    Irishmen going off to fight for poor little Catholic Belgium while their leaders had natives getting their arms hacked off on plantations in Africa. There's the power of propaganda

Ah yes, poor old Belgium with it's massive colonial empire in the Congo...
    billybudd wrote: »
    Hitler witout doubt, estimated 15 million people died during his time.

As I said before though, Stalin and Mao were both responsible for far more deaths. Stalin was estimated to have been culpable for approximately 20-22 million while estimates of deaths under Mao range from 30-40 million.
    Granted both of them ruled for far longer than Hitler did but still it's worth remembering that the Nazi's weren't the only butchers in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Does that makes them evil?* Both liberated their countries from tyrants. In fact as being a dictator goes, Tito was a light weight. He sent hardly anyone to forced labour camps at all, he really needed to pull up his socks.
    Agreed.

Tito was a popular leader and unified the countries of Yugoslavia which descended into war and a build up of ethnic tensions not long after his death. He received many awards and declarations from countries around the world.

Fidel Castro wasn't evil, he freed Cuba from being exploited by America and the American backed dictator Batista and put an end to it being used by the Mafia as a playground. The US propaganda machine gave unfavourable perceptions of Castro and they bullied countries the world over into alienating Cuba. Castro's crime was putting an end to US companies extracting Cuba's resources for their own profits and he returned these to the Cuban people only for their trade partners to be bullied out of trading with them thus economic meltdown. He got caught up in the middle of a game between Kennedy and Khrushchev, due to the US having missiles in Turkey aimed at Moscow and in turn the Soviets used Castro's bad relations to put weapons into Cuba aimed at America. From reading his speeches he strikes me as being one of the cleverest politicians of his time and an undoubted leader whether or not you agree with his ideaology.

Castro should never be placed into the same category as Himmler, Cromwell, Stalin, Amin, Pot, Thatcher, Bin Laden, Hussein or indeed Ben-Gurion who hasn't been mentioned once on this thread. Ben-Gurion is the main influence behind the anti-Arab thinking and feelings among generations of Israeli's and Jewish Americans who are the main power brokers and moneymen behind many US administrations. It could be argued that in a roundabout way he created the likes of Bin Laden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

4leto wrote: »
    Newton for inventing gravity.
    Agreed. It really gets me down.

billybudd wrote: »
    sorry didnt read previous posts, is that 25 million under one person example ivan the terrible for instance? i didnt know there was an estimated figure for him? all in all hitler was responsible for an estimated 15 million deaths, from jews to what he deemed defective people.

Yes Stalin was effectviely personally responsible for at least 22 million deaths.
    On another note, the focus on the Holocaust does distract attention from other vicitms of Hitler. Somehting like 2 million Soviet POWS died under German imprisionment while the Soviet Union lost 25 million people to war and starvation alone :eek::eek:.

• Advertisement

Dotsey wrote: »

Fidel Castro wasn't evil, he freed Cuba from being exploited by America and the American backed dictator Batista and put an end to it being used by the Mafia as a playground. The US propaganda machine gave unfavourable perceptions of Castro and they bullied countries the world over into alienating Cuba. Castro's crime was putting an end to US companies extracting Cuba's resources for their own profits and he returned these to the Cuban people only for their trade partners to be bullied out of trading with them thus economic meltdown. He got caught up in the middle of a game between Kennedy and Khrushchev, due to the US having missiles in Turkey aimed at Moscow and in turn the Soviets used Castro's bad relations to put weapons into Cuba aimed at America. From reading his speeches he strikes me as being one of the cleverest politicians of his time and an undoubted leader whether or not you agree with his ideaology.

Still a dictator at the end of the day though. As I said previously he locked up an estimated 20,000 political dissidents and wasn't adverse to a spot of torture when it suited him by all accounts. He certainly wasn't evil but not exactly a fluffy bunny either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

What about Henry Kissinger?

Must get that book Hitchens wrote about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Dictator doesn't neccessarily equate to 'evil' though. In fact, life in Tito's Yugoslavia was probably superior to life in Ireland during the same time period.

Ah yes, poor old Belgium with it's massive colonial empire in the Congo...

As I said before though, Stalin and Mao were both responsible for far more deaths. Stalin was estimated to have been culpable for approximately 20-22 million while estimates of deaths under Mao range from 30-40 million.
    Granted both of them ruled for far longer than Hitler did but still it's worth remembering that the Nazi's weren't the only butchers in history.

wasnt aware of those numbers so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 swabby

Obama!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My misses.

she is pissed of beyond believe.

why? i have no ****ing clue.

i asked her, and she said she is alright...

omfg not this again...

yup, she is toping the list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

twink

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Brendan Patrick O'Donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Agreed. It really gets me down.

Yaeh. Gravity sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

"God" for inventing humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Mao by a long shot. Seriously he has killed more than double than any other person that has ever existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Somehting like 2 million Soviet POWS died under German imprisionment while the Soviet Union lost 25 million people to war and starvation alone :eek::eek:.
    I highlighted war.Read up on how the russian commanders treated their soldiers.The only reason the russians lost so many(millions!)in the war was because the people in charge were callous bastards.Give out about the nazi's all you want,but if you keep sending unarmed men against a wehrmacht machine gun nest,the germans will keep mowing them down.

have a quick look at the soviet casualitys in finland for an example

It set the the stage for the bastard$ that ran the USSR and other communist states in europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

"God" for inventing humans.

Humans for inventing 'God'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ed Gein has to be up there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Fr. Todd Unctious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

No mention yet of Shiro Ishii, a Japanese lietenant responsible for war crimes/ human experimentation. An evil man indeed, just google Unit 731. Pretty sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

flyswatter wrote: »
    No mention yet of Shiro Ishii, a Japanese lietenant responsible for war crimes/ human experimentation. An evil man indeed, just google Unit 731. Pretty sickening.

I was wondering how a lowly lieutenant could do all that
    Quick check shows he was a lieutenant general, sorry if I'm coming across as pedantic.

But you're right, some horrendous things done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Gordon Gecko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

mikemac wrote: »

I was wondering how a lowly lieutenant could do all that
    Quick check shows he was a lieutenant general, sorry if I'm coming across as pedantic.

But you're right, some horrendous things done
    Sorry, forgot the general part! There's a good documentary on the unit called Nightmare in Manchuria and a graphic film based on it called Man Behind the Sun, haven't seen the film and don't really want to either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Dr. Robotnik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Sarah from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

bertie would be in the top of the pile

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

The guy who invented MP3's, ruined the music industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Kneivel!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

A terrible bunch of lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭CoolHat

Just googled upon reading your post. A very evil man and unit indeed.

You know the messed up thing?
    Take guys like Hitler, Stalin, this Shiro Ishii (etc) If you talk to them personally would they come off as evil people or regular blokes? As opposed to serial killers like Ted Bundy, Charles Manson and others were after talking to them for a few seconds you know they aint all there and have some fu*ked up mental need to kill people.

But the former were guys in power. Military men. Hitler didn't personally kill the 6 million Jews. Stalin didn't personally kill the the officially estimated 10-60 million people under his reign. They ordered other people to do it. And that's the fuc*ed up thing.

Like, 90% of people in this life are out for themselves, screw you over weather big or small, type of people. So the ultimate question is, were the likes of Hitler or Stalin naturally evil people? ... or Just regular wa*kers who rised to power?

Advertisement