Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most evil person ever?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

FearDark wrote: »
    Darth Vader, he was pretty evil?

Spoiler alert...he turned out to be good in the end didn't he?

My vote goes to Himmler rather than hitler. On a tour of Auschwitz Last year our guide told us how hitler would have been less involved in the final solution, in terms of planning the detail that is, than Himmler. It was he that architected the final solution...

Anyway, either way,they were all bad basterds!:mad: except Darth Vadar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Only 2 mentions of Josef Mengele so far?? To my mind, easily the most evil, psychotic person in history. And he got away with his crimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Only 2 mentions of Josef Mengele so far?? To my mind, easily the most evil, psychotic person in history. And he got away with his crimes.

Unreal what he got away with. His acts would shame the devil in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Duke Leonal Felmet

Mengele - More evil than ten Hitlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭bayern282

4leto wrote: »
    Margaret Thatcher wasn't evil, one hell of a leader who saved Britain from ruin.

Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Caesar, Caligula, Genghis Khan, Vlad the Impaler, Fukcing George Bush.

Say that to a miner

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

+1 Elizabeth Bathory,

bayern282 wrote: »
    Say that to a miner

Or the parents of any of the 10 hunger strikers..

Margaret Thatcher wasn't evil, one hell of a leader who saved Britain from ruin.

Hitler, Mao, Stalin, Lenin, Pol Pot, Caesar, Caligula, Genghis Khan, Vlad the Impaler, Fukcing George Bush.

Say that to a miner

'Hello miner, is Thatcher worse than an individual responsible for millions of deaths'

Miner: 'No, dont be a ****ing idiot'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Yahew

Really? Magaret Thatcher once described Pol Pot as a nice man who was misunderstood. Under her guidance the British along with the US smuggled weapons to the Khymer Rouge through Thailand, the CIA gave them a hand to do it.

http://www.newstatesman.com/200004170017

Her support for both Pinochet, Pol Pot and the like is one of the many reasons she's an evil bitch.

I dont trust a word Pilger says, and that was the article I was previously referring to. It proves very little, like most Pilger articles ( bombing cambodia may have helped Pol Pot, but bombing doesn't normally lead to Pol Potism. if it always did then the Nazi attack on london would led to a British Pol Pot).

Pol Pot came about because a legitimate anti-colonialist movement was hijacked by Marxists influenced by Western ideologues - who were opposed to family, intellectual workers, modern technology, work, and money. Read Althusser.

The entire ideological left has turned a left wing sectarian communist monster, created by them, into a creature of the "right-wing" West, in order to hide their intellectual responsibility for it. Pol Pot was a creature of the West alright, he was a creature of the Sorbonne. Nothing he did was against mid century Marxist canon.

• Advertisement

To be fair, does Castro really deserve to be lumped in with them all?
    He supressed democracy and treated homosexuals and political dissidents abysmally but didn't preside over any actual massacures, unlike the others, as far as I am aware. If I'm wrong please correct me.

Castro and Tito were the best communist dictators for sure. Both practical men. Still dictators though.

'Hello miner, is Thatcher worse than an individual responsible for millions of deaths'

It's all in context though. Obviously she didn't commit the most evil acts ever or she wasn't the evilest person born. But she got away with some pretty immoral decisions. Can't argue with her getting a mention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sir Charles Edward Trevelyan

Leopald of Belgium
    Irishmen going off to fight for poor little Catholic Belgium while their leaders had natives getting their arms hacked off on plantations in Africa. There's the power of propaganda

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Yahew wrote: »
    I dont trust a word Pilger says, and that was the article I was previously referring to. It proves very little, like most Pilger articles ( bombing cambodia may have helped Pol Pot, but bombing doesn't normally lead to Pol Potism. if it always did then the Nazi attack on london would led to a British Pol Pot).

Right, you don't trust the author. You could however trust the simple facts. Britain and the USA supported Pol Pot in exile and funnelled weapons and cash to him because they hated the Vietnamese. It's not really open for debate whether they did it or not, they did it. The British and Americans admit they did, so I don't see why you are trying to defend them

I am not saying Thatcher was in the same class of evil as Pol Pot or Hitler, just that she was an evil bitch.

The other points you made, I agree with. Doesn't change what the British and Americans did.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

The odd thing is that Stalin and Mao were both responsible for far more deaths than Nazi Germany ever managed. I suppose it was the 'industrialisation' of death by Hitler and co. that makes them seem more evil.

Stalin was in power a good bit longer than Hitler & Co so had more opportunity to commit evil

It could be argued that much of the Evil attributed to Mao was down to incompetence rather than Malice

Milošević/Karadžić (and some of their Croatian counterparts), Saddam, The leadership of the Taliban, Pinochet, etc would be pretty much second division.

Theres some bad $hit going down in the Congo at the moment. Only the fact that its perputrated in the main against dark skinned people stops people comparing it with the holocaust.
    Karol Wojtyła
    all the above pure evil

I said something like that when I was living with Polish housemates

It didnt go down too well......................................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

sick twisted cnut
    Vlad III of Romania (also known as Vlad the Impaler) was Prince of Wallachia three times between 1448 and 1476. Vlad is best known for the legends of the exceedingly cruel punishments he imposed during his reign and for serving as the primary inspiration for the vampire main character in Bram Stoker’s popular Dracula novel. In Romania he is viewed by many as a prince with a deep sense of justice. His method of torture was a horse attached to each of the victim’s legs as a sharpened stake was gradually forced into the body. The end of the stake was usually oiled, and care was taken that the stake not be too sharp; else the victim might die too rapidly from shock. Wikipedia has an article that describes, in great details, the methods of Vlad’s cruelty. The list of tortures he is alleged to have employed is extensive: nails in heads, cutting off of limbs, blinding, strangulation, burning, cutting off of noses and ears, mutilation of sexual organs (especially in the case of women), scalping, skinning, exposure to the elements or to animals, and boiling alive. There are claims that on some occasions ten thousand people were impaled in 1460 alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Shirley Jane Turner
    Lenny Murphy

Castro and Tito were the best communist dictators for sure. Both practical men. Still dictators though.

Does that makes them evil?* Both liberated their countries from tyrants. In fact as being a dictator goes, Tito was a light weight. He sent hardly anyone to forced labour camps at all, he really needed to pull up his socks.

*I know you never said they were.

they/them/theirs

mikemac wrote: »
    Sir Charles Edward Trevelyan

Leopald of Belgium
    Irishmen going off to fight for poor little Catholic Belgium while their leaders had natives getting their arms hacked off on plantations in Africa. There's the power of propaganda

Leopald was some wagon alright.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Mammanabammana

Hitler wasn't THAT evil. After all, he killed Hitler...

• Advertisement

Right, you don't trust the author. You could however trust the simple facts. Britain and the USA supported Pol Pot in exile and funnelled weapons and cash to him because they hated the Vietnamese. It's not really open for debate whether they did it or not, they did it. The British and Americans admit they did, so I don't see why you are trying to defend them

I am not saying Thatcher was in the same class of evil as Pol Pot or Hitler, just that she was an evil bitch.

The other points you made, I agree with. Doesn't change what the British and Americans did.

Fair enough. Good points.

Does that makes them evil?* Both liberated their countries from tyrants. In fact as being a dictator goes, Tito was a light weight. He sent hardly anyone to forced labour camps at all, he really needed to pull up his socks.

*I know you never said they were.

No, I think that given their absolute power they were ( whisper it) almost good men. Tito in particular.Of course, proper stalinists hated Tito.

Its a pity Castro turned to communism, rather than a strong social democracy where he kicked American gangsters out, but ran a mixed economy and turned to democracy eventually, but communism was in vogue, and Che had his ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Kim yong il.

Cunt.

Aye, I hear Cunt was a right bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭LondonIrish90

Say that to a miner

The number of miners in Britain was in the low thousands.

The population of Britain was almost at 60 million.

I'm fairly glad she decided to revolutionise the UK's economy instead of bow down to the pressure of those who were not the future if Britain was ever to be prosperous.

And on topic, John Prescott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

While not in the all time "greats" she did promulgate homophobic legislation, imposed needless hardship, helped extend the life of the Apartheid South African regime, gave respectability to Pinochet, moral support to Reagan. "not nice" certainly. Definitely not a force for good.

ColeTrain wrote: »

It's all in context though. Obviously she didn't commit the most evil acts ever or she wasn't the evilest person born. But she got away with some pretty immoral decisions. Can't argue with her getting a mention.

Next to Hitler, Stalin ,et al.

Seriously, put down the whisky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Hitler witout doubt, estimated 15 million people died during his time.

Next to Hitler, Stalin ,et al.

Seriously, put down the whisky.

Get new glasses pal, you didn't read a word I wrote..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

billybudd wrote: »
    Hitler witout doubt, estimated 15 million people died during his time.

Ummmm 25 million in Russia alone ?

If youre referring to the Holocaust specifically IIRC its abour 11 million (just over half of whom were Jewish) suppose pogroms outside the camps would bring it up to about 15 though ?
    Its a pity Castro turned to communism, rather than a strong social democracy where he kicked American gangsters out, but ran a mixed economy and turned to democracy eventually, but communism was in vogue, and Che had his ear.

It was probably the Americans who turned Castro to Communism. That and the need for outside support making him suck up to the USSR.
    Do gooders are pure evil they just piss me off.

So do badders are better in your book ?

I see !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Ummmm 25 million in Russia alone ?

If youre referring to the Holocaust specifically IIRC its abour 11 million (just over half of whom were Jewish) suppose pogroms outside the camps would bring it up to about 15 though ?

sorry didnt read previous posts, is that 25 million under one person example ivan the terrible for instance? i didnt know there was an estimated figure for him? all in all hitler was responsible for an estimated 15 million deaths, from jews to what he deemed defective people.

Advertisement