Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Hi Paul,

Do you have any other network sharing agreements in place other than O2? I'm with O2 at the moment but the signal in our house is almost unusable (they released me out of contract after analysis), but Voda and Three have perfect signal in the same location - I presume Tesco are limited to O2 infrastructure and can't jump cell towers when coverage is low?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi Paul,

Loving the offers for the Smartphones on billpay. I was wondering if you're planning to take up the Nokia Lumia 800 when it comes to market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Paul,

Do you have any other network sharing agreements in place other than O2? I'm with O2 at the moment but the signal in our house is almost unusable (they released me out of contract after analysis), but Voda and Three have perfect signal in the same location - I presume Tesco are limited to O2 infrastructure and can't jump cell towers when coverage is low?

Thanks

Hi spotty,

We are on the O2 network only so its likely that you will have the same coverage issues with us as O2 unless they make some local improvements in coverage for your area.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

Loving the offers for the Smartphones on billpay. I was wondering if you're planning to take up the Nokia Lumia 800 when it comes to market?

Hi Mike

no news yet on this one will keep an eye on it.

reagrds
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Hi Paul

Is Tesco Mobile going to be continuing the 1c to International landlines or is it being stopped end of this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Hi Paul

Is Tesco Mobile going to be continuing the 1c to International landlines or is it being stopped end of this month

Very interested to know this also as my other half rings home to Germany a lot. You'd probably get two customers if this was a permanent deal...

She currently uses this service on 02 (but only appears to work for 02)
    http://www.1call.ie/index.cfm?cid=194&CFID=9525118&CFTOKEN=72917719
    That gives her 2.5c calls home. But I'd need to shift her off 02 also if I move.. and thats a stumbling block!)

I notice on your page here for Germany 3c is scratched out and 1c printed. Does that mean the normal price would be 3c if that offer lapses?
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/our-best-value-rates.aspx

From here re: internation calls
    http://www.facebook.com/tescomobileireland?ref=ts

"Good news for international callers! Our 1c promotional rates for international landlines have been extended until the end of January 2012. Also, we have added Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan and the Netherlands to the list of countries you can call for just 1c. Happy days!"

So I guess that answers that...

Hi Paul

Yes 4 countries added Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan, Netherlands and 1 removed Phillipines extended to Jam 31st

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lorri999

I have received my phone and activation code but cannot find where to activate it anywhere on the website

lorri999 wrote: »
    I have received my phone and activation code but cannot find where to activate it anywhere on the website

Hi there

You register on My Tesco Mobile on the top right of our website here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/

Then login and you enter your activation code on the menu on the left of My Tesco Mobile under Account.

Let me know if you have issues

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Yes 4 countries added Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan, Netherlands and 1 removed Phillipines extended to Jam 31st

Regards
    Paul

Note the 4 countries being added will be active from Tue morning 9am

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8 julianato

Hi Paul, great service Tesco are offering, Customer Service are very good and friendly, just got bill pay working today and all fine.

Just one quick question that would make my life a lot easier, when I was with O2 I could use a short code on my phone *111#, that would show me how many minutes and texts I had left in the month. Do Tesco have any plans to bring in the same thing, or even an app to check them? Thanks.

julianato wrote: »
    Hi Paul, great service Tesco are offering, Customer Service are very good and friendly, just got bill pay working today and all fine.

Just one quick question that would make my life a lot easier, when I was with O2 I could use a short code on my phone *111#, that would show me how many minutes and texts I had left in the month. Do Tesco have any plans to bring in the same thing, or even an app to check them? Thanks.
    Thanks Julianato

Yes, we will be bringing in shortcodes for this next year. Can be checked in My Tesco Mobile online until then.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 8 julianato

Thanks Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

Hi Paul,
    I would appreciate if you could tell me whether calls from ROI to Northern
    Ireland landlines (048) are included in the bill pay minutes to any network. i.e.. 30Euro - 500mins - 500 sms contract. Or are they extra?

Also, what about roaming in Northern Ireland? Do I have to pay for receiving calls even if I am on the tesco uk network while roaming?

Thank you very much,
    Daniel

daniruth wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    I would appreciate if you could tell me whether calls from ROI to Northern
    Ireland landlines (048) are included in the bill pay minutes to any network. i.e.. 30Euro - 500mins - 500 sms contract. Or are they extra?

Also, what about roaming in Northern Ireland? Do I have to pay for receiving calls even if I am on the tesco uk network while roaming?

Thank you very much,
    Daniel

Yes 048 numbers are included in minutes as these are treated like any other fixed lone. The 0044 equivalent landlines are currently 1c per min outside bundle as part of our international 1c promotion. We have all Ireland calling rates for calling ROi numbers in NI including 048 but receiving calls will be roaming rates.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

Thank you very much for the info. I'll have to think regarding the roaming charges when I receive a call as I travel quite a bit to the north and I live in a area where the phone roams quite a bit. With o2 I don't get roaming charges if I use their network for receiving calls. Thank you very much for your reply,
    Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Normal data charges and included in your bundle allowance where applicable. No data restrictions.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Veles wrote: »
    Also is your international deal seperate to your pay monthly allowance?

Yes. Why they cannot add them in as a standard call is beyond me. Surely their system can deduct 10 cents from a billpay customer in the same way they can charge a payg customer.

Veles wrote: »
    Also is your international deal seperate to your pay monthly allowance?

Yes, international calls are outside bundle but the rates do apply to both Pay as You Go and Pay Monthly

regards
    Paul

Yes. Why they cannot add them in as a standard call is beyond me. Surely their system can deduct 10 cents from a billpay customer in the same way they can charge a payg customer.

Hi Krestopherus,

Not as simple as that I am afraid. There are different underlying cost and revenue structures to each type of call.

regadrs
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Paul,

how long does it take to receive an activation code? i ordered a sim online for the 20 euro p.m. contract, i got that last week but still don't have any activation code.

who_ru wrote: »
    Paul,

how long does it take to receive an activation code? i ordered a sim online for the 20 euro p.m. contract, i got that last week but still don't have any activation code.

It can take a few days, if you PM me your order number I will follow up.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

It's 3G but we are capped currently at 1.2mbits, this cap is due to be removed in Q1 2012

Regards
    Paul

How does this cap compare to data speeds for O2 customers on O2 network?

RnR wrote: »
    How does this cap compare to data speeds for O2 customers on O2 network?

Hi RnR

On cells where you might get real speeds of 1.8-2mbits a second on O2's network you would get about 700kbits per second on Tesco Mobile (sometimes a little higher and sometimes lower).

This cap is planned to be removed next year and speeds will be equivalent with O2 at this stage.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭RnR

Using speedtest.net in Dublin 9 I'm getting 2.90Mbps download and 1.23Mbps upload (O2 cust on O2 network)

It wil still be around 700kbits per second on TM
    You could get a prepay sim to test for yourself
    Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Hi Paul

I just received my sim for the €30 euro sim only pay monthly and have 3 quick questions:

1) Does the activation code come separately by post?
    2) Should I wait to activate (and therefore register now on the site with the 089 number to enter this code) before seeking to move my number (02 payg) over
    or 3) Can I port my number before activating?

I'll sit tight for now in case I mess anything up!

Advertisement