Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Yes, you can. When you get the sim from Tesco, ring Cust Care on 0894200000, and they will arrange the port.You should get enough credit with the sim to make that call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

reni10 wrote: »
    Are international SMS included in the monthly SIM only plans or charged separately?

No, international calling and SMS is outside the inclusive units

who_ru wrote: »
    Paul,

if i go for the sim only plan of 16 euro per month bill pay can i keep my current 086 number?

how do i do this?

thanks.

Yes , absolutely.

The best way to do this is to activate Pay Monthly on the 089 number provided with the SIM and whent his is complete contact customer care here http://www.tescomobile.ie/move-my-mobile-number.aspx to switch the number.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

an anybody give some feedback on tesco mobile customer support please?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 exterminator447

Hi Paul

when is tesco mobile going to be doing Webtexts is there a timeframe on this

• Advertisement

Hi Paul

when is tesco mobile going to be doing Webtexts is there a timeframe on this

Yes, second week of Nov is planned go live

My OH ported over to Tesco on the demise of Justmobile. Tesco CC could not have been nicer. They were good enough to ring her when there was a glitch on their system that held up porting for a few hours. Is very happy with them so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

I've always found customer care to be very heplful anytime I had a query only downside is the call is not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

wilford wrote: »
    I've always found customer care to be very heplful anytime I had a query only downside is the call is not free.

i noticed that and really it's a bit disappointing. there's a charge for voicemail also but a few mobile companies charge for that.

Voicemail is free on Pay as You Go when you topup by 10eur or more (for 30 days).
    Comes from your minutes on Pay Monthly
    Hullomail diverts are free on Tesco Mobile Pay Monthly and free on Pay as you Go when you topup by 10eur or more (for 30 days).

Customer care call is 20c per call (not minute) from Tesco Mobile numbers and counts as 1 minute from your minutes on Pay Monthly.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Perhaps a bit early still to be asking but........do we know if Tesco will be stocking the new Galaxy Nexus?

Also, delighted to hear that Hullomail diverts are free.........this continues to be one of my bigest gripes with Vodafone.

Perhaps a bit early still to be asking but........do we know if Tesco will be stocking the new Galaxy Nexus?

Also, delighted to hear that Hullomail diverts are free.........this continues to be one of my bigest gripes with Vodafone.

Not sure yet on the Nexus but I would presume so. We range most Samsung phones now.

regards
    Paul

Note you would need to reregister with Hullomail on Tesco Mobile (When you join :) ) as we have our own dedicated number range from Hullomail

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭duckndive

I changed over to Tesco Mobile a few months ago and used Pay as You Go as a trial at first to see how the service was. I was aware it was an MVN and as I use my phone primarily for business I needed the assurance that it offered stability and QOS.

I have to say that it definitely clicked both boxes and a few more in comparison to other providers. Customer care I have to say is almost a delight to call in comparison to my many years of been left on hold by others. Almost instant call pick and each person I get is helpful, courteous and polite. So much so that even if I rang with a problem I forget what it was after the call, even if it is not resolved :)

Unfortunately,there is an however, which is when I decided that as the service was so good and the cost structure also that I would change over to bill pay.

I done so online last Wednesday, easy as usual, with contract via email etc. But I was expecting an almost instant switchover as is the way of other providers.I was as said aware it was an MVN and when saying instant I meant a few hours in comparison to instant by others.

But then after sign up and receipt of all my payment details and contract as said, I was then informed that it would take anywhere up to three days to send my "activation code" for me to activate my pay monthly plan, due to security concerns? You have all my payment details and matching account info?

Just to re-iterate, I gave all my details, paid by laser card, which they took as I checked the next day, (I understand I won't be billed until I activate my account), but I then received my activation code today, which was five days later. Yes I am also aware that the weekend does not count as working days, however I work the weekends and I changed to Pay Monthly as I said I use the phone for business.

I ran out of credit on Friday and I could have paid for a top up, but I rang customer care and they topped me up F.O.C. until I changed over, so thanks customer care again.

Long story short, (as this typing is hurting my fingers), I received my activation code and I read it in full and was told to login to my account and click on the activation tab and enter the enclosed six digit pin. I was happy that yes it has taken days to do what other providers can do in minutes, as I was finally changed over.

Guess what>>>>>>>>>the pin did not work, so back to my friends customer care, who are aware of the pin not be recognised problem, (even though it is the correct one). I was told by the very friendly lady that it would possibly take two days for the technical team to contact me and to expect a call. I work in the technical side of this particular industry so look forward to our chat.

So just as a side note to those changing over to Bill Pay, please keep a cool head and await a wait or maybe you will have a straight forward pain free experience.

P.S. Paul you owe me one secretary, in case I need to write another of these posts in a few days.

duckndive wrote: »
    I changed over to Tesco Mobile a few months ago and used Pay as You Go as a trial at first to see how the service was. I was aware it was an MVN and as I use my phone primarily for business I needed the assurance that it offered stability and QOS.

I have to say that it definitely clicked both boxes and a few more in comparison to other providers. Customer care I have to say is almost a delight to call in comparison to my many years of been left on hold by others. Almost instant call pick and each person I get is helpful, courteous and polite. So much so that even if I rang with a problem I forget what it was after the call, even if it is not resolved :)

Unfortunately,there is an however, which is when I decided that as the service was so good and the cost structure also that I would change over to bill pay.

I done so online last Wednesday, easy as usual, with contract via email etc. But I was expecting an almost instant switchover as is the way of other providers.I was as said aware it was an MVN and when saying instant I meant a few hours in comparison to instant by others.

But then after sign up and receipt of all my payment details and contract as said, I was then informed that it would take anywhere up to three days to send my "activation code" for me to activate my pay monthly plan, due to security concerns? You have all my payment details and matching account info?

Just to re-iterate, I gave all my details, paid by laser card, which they took as I checked the next day, (I understand I won't be billed until I activate my account), but I then received my activation code today, which was five days later. Yes I am also aware that the weekend does not count as working days, however I work the weekends and I changed to Pay Monthly as I said I use the phone for business.

I ran out of credit on Friday and I could have paid for a top up, but I rang customer care and they topped me up F.O.C. until I changed over, so thanks customer care again.

Long story short, (as this typing is hurting my fingers), I received my activation code and I read it in full and was told to login to my account and click on the activation tab and enter the enclosed six digit pin. I was happy that yes it has taken days to do what other providers can do in minutes, as I was finally changed over.

Guess what>>>>>>>>>the pin did not work, so back to my friends customer care, who are aware of the pin not be recognised problem, (even though it is the correct one). I was told by the very friendly lady that it would possibly take two days for the technical team to contact me and to expect a call. I work in the technical side of this particular industry so look forward to our chat.

So just as a side note to those changing over to Bill Pay, please keep a cool head and await a wait or maybe you will have a straight forward pain free experience.

P.S. Paul you owe me one secretary, in case I need to write another of these posts in a few days.

Sorry you had a poor experience here. Have sent you a PM, if you could reply I will follow up.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭emo72

hi Paul, on an unrelated note, my internet connection is down. Any idea when it will be back up? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Not sure yet on the Nexus but I would presume so. We range most Samsung phones now.

regards
    Paul

Many thanks for the response - Ill keep my fingers crossed then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

emo72 wrote: »
    hi Paul, on an unrelated note, my internet connection is down. Any idea when it will be back up? Thanks.

I've had no data signal all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Hello Paul,

Just a quick question with regards signing up with Tesco mobile.
    1. Do I keep my old number?
    2. Do you look after all the cancellations with my old provider?
    3. Is the process seamless i.e. will I loose coverage for any length of time?

Thanks in advance Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Same here. Have over 1000mb left in my data bundle (:)) but have had no packet data connection at all today, cannot connect to anything :confused: Will it be sorted tomorrow? Looks like the rains have finished so I think all will be good :D

• Advertisement

Rawhead wrote: »
    Hello Paul,

Thanks in advance Paul.

As previously posted, my OH ported from Justmobile(RIP) to Tescomobile about 6 weeks ago and the process was seamless with excellent support from their CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭odie2020

Paul,

Do you support micro sim if is sign up to a 30 day contact with my iphone 4, will it work fine with data etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Simi wrote: »
    I've had no data signal all day.

Edit: All is working again : )

Yes there were issues yesterday evening for some customers. Should be resolved now

Apologies for the delayed response was caught in the traffic nightmare yesterday evening in Dublin

Regards
    Paul

odie2020 wrote: »
    Paul,

Do you support micro sim if is sign up to a 30 day contact with my iphone 4, will it work fine with data etc?

Yes, contact care to get s Microsim on pay as you go and then sign up as an existing customer online

Regards
    Paul
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭duckndive

Sorry you had a poor experience here. Have sent you a PM, if you could reply I will follow up.

regards
    Paul

I can't click the thanks button due to my post count I presume, so thanks :)

Just a note to others Paul has been in contact on a daily basis to answer all my queries and help process my issue right through to resolution.

Even the grumpiest of responses by me was meet with a courteous reply. So once again thanks for all your help and I am back to happy customer mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I was considering testing out this network, but a sim to purchase is 2.50. Hmm..

du Maurier wrote: »
    I was considering testing out this network, but a sim to purchase is 2.50. Hmm..

Free through this channel ;)

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

No difference between an international SIM and any other SIM

regards
    Paul

Rawhead wrote: »
    Hello Paul,

Thanks in advance Paul.

Sorry, missed yourt original questions when reviewing the thread on Monday.

1. Yes you can keep your old number. You sign up first with a new Tesco Mobile number and once activated you can move your current number over onto the account by calling customer care.
    2. Once you move your number from your old providor the process with them is automatic to cancel you and generate last bill. You should make sure you are out of contract or else you will have penalties with your previous providor.
    3. Porting usually takes under 2 hours. There is usually no loss of service unless there are issues which are rare.

regards,
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Free through this channel ;)

http://shop.tescomobile.ie/free-international-sims.aspx

No difference between an international SIM and any other SIM

regards
    Paul

Thanks for that!

Advertisement