Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Blankety wrote: »
    Great thread and feedback from Paul, I searched and didn't find the following information, maybe Paul you can help.

1 Will Viber work on the limited broadband?
    2 I live close to the border, if my phone picks up a northern network am I paying full international rates?
    3 when will the S2 skyrocket be available on billpay? 4G while not important now will be important in 2 years when selling on. my old desire is still worth £150...

I'm on three now at the €79 per month but your €55 would be similar - better coverage - lower BB speed - no all Ireland roaming. Still work a look, contract ends in 30 days...

Hi there

1 Will Viber work on the limited broadband?
    Yes it should - havent tested it but we do not restrict any services

2 I live close to the border, if my phone picks up a northern network am I paying full international rates?
    When you are on O2 UK we have All ireland rates for voice and text. That is if you make a call to another normal ROI number while in NI on O2 UK you will be charged as if in ROI. If you call any other number while in NI on O2 UK its roaming rates.

3 when will the S2 skyrocket be available on billpay? 4G while not important now will be important in 2 years when selling on. my old desire is still worth £150...
    Dont have any info on this but we will be ranging the Galaxy Nexus in the next few weeks.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

Thanks for the reply Paul,

What about data usage in northern Ireland or if I pick up TM UK in the free state, is it taken out of my bundle allowance or charged as international roaming.

Can you tell us what new Android phones you'll be releasing in the next 4 - 6 weeks on bill pay? Apart from the Nexus.

Thanks.

Blankety wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Paul,

What about data usage in northern Ireland or if I pick up TM UK in the free state, is it taken out of my bundle allowance or charged as international roaming.

Can you tell us what new Android phones you'll be releasing in the next 4 - 6 weeks on bill pay? Apart from the Nexus.

Thanks.

Data roaming is not available yet but coming in the next couple of months. How exactly NI charging will work here is yet to be finalised.

Will updated more on the phone range when I can..

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

Paul,
    1. What is the cost if any for txt'ing 1744 for Pay Monthly balance?
    2. For Pay Monthly customers what is validity period for top up credit. On O2 there is no expiration period for the credit.

Thanks for all your guidance so far, as another poster has said it's very helpful informing current and future customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

Hi Paul,

Ive set up my voice mail, but when im on a call, and someone is trying to phone me, they just get cut off.... Normally you can see the other call coming through and you can put someone on hold etc... but thats not happening.
    My husband set up his voice mail tonight, and the same is happening with him... while he's on a call, if i phone him, i get cut off..

can you offer any suggestions ?

Thanks

• Advertisement

BuzzG wrote: »
    Paul,
    1. What is the cost if any for txt'ing 1744 for Pay Monthly balance?
    2. For Pay Monthly customers what is validity period for top up credit. On O2 there is no expiration period for the credit.

Thanks for all your guidance so far, as another poster has said it's very helpful informing current and future customers.

1. No cost - but its not live yet. Text BALANCE to 1744 will also be used for PAYG to check balance along with *100#.
    2. No expiry for paid for credit as long as your account is active (same as O2 I believe).

Anyone able to help me re above query?

Hi Paul,

Ive set up my voice mail, but when im on a call, and someone is trying to phone me, they just get cut off.... Normally you can see the other call coming through and you can put someone on hold etc... but thats not happening.
    My husband set up his voice mail tonight, and the same is happening with him... while he's on a call, if i phone him, i get cut off..

can you offer any suggestions ?

Thanks

Hi Grasshopper

You could turn off the divert for when busy from your phone. This will likely let the call keep ringing while you are on another call and then if you dont answer then it would go to voicemail.

To do this

enter *004* and call (this cancels all vociemail diverts)

then setup just the two diverts below (for not answered and when out of reach / turned off)

To set divert for "If no answer"
    *61*[dest]*11*[sec]# where [dest] is your voicemailbox number in format +353895xxxxxxx (note the 5 between the 89 and the main part of the number) and [sec] is number of seconds to wait to go to voicemail (max 30 seconds I think)

To set divert for "If unreachable"
    *62*[dest]*11# where [dest] is your voicemailbox number in format +353895xxxxxxx (note the 5 between the 89 and the main part of the number)

Let me know if this works

regards
    Paul

Hi Grasshopper

You could turn off the divert for when busy from your phone. This will likely let the call keep ringing while you are on another call and then if you dont answer then it would go to voicemail.

To do this

enter *004* and call (this cancels all vociemail diverts)

then setup just the two diverts below (for not answered and when out of reach / turned off)

To set divert for "If no answer"
    *61*[dest]*11*[sec]# where [dest] is your voicemailbox number in format +353895xxxxxxx (note the 5 between the 89 and the main part of the number) and [sec] is number of seconds to wait to go to voicemail (max 30 seconds I think)

To set divert for "If unreachable"
    *62*[dest]*11# where [dest] is your voicemailbox number in format +353895xxxxxxx (note the 5 between the 89 and the main part of the number)

Let me know if this works

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,
    Tried the above

First of all - *004* . . . . not in service...
    Surely there is a simple way of activating call waiting ??? (on my phone it 'ticked' to call waiting 'activated' )

Hi Paul,
    Tried the above

First of all - *004* . . . . not in service...
    Surely there is a simple way of activating call waiting ??? (on my phone it 'ticked' to call waiting 'activated' )

Sorry it should be *004# to cancel all diverts...

• Advertisement

Ive tried all of the above, what im getting now is 2nd the call is going straight through to voice mail..... i dont want this.... what i want is the 2nd call to ring, and for me to be able to put one call on hold while i take the other call :mad:
    any other suggestions....:confused:

It's *43# to activate call waiting
    #43# to deactivate it and *#43# to check its status

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hi Paul,

Can you give me a link to your website where I can check the costs of roaming texts etc for GB, data charges in particular? I'm on 30 day Sim Only.

Also, how come you aren't on the Biz > Talk to.....heading, like Vodafone and o2, richersounds, electric ireland etc etc?

Cheers

Vic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can you give me a link to your website where I can check the costs of roaming texts etc for GB, data charges in particular? I'm on 30 day Sim Only.

Tesco Mobile currently do not offer data roaming.

Hi Vic

As Fungus says we don't offer data roaming yet. For voice calls and texts check the link below

http://www.tescomobile.ie/using-your-mobile-abroad.aspx

Boards Talk To forum coming soon

Regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

When you are on O2 UK we have All ireland rates for voice and text. That is if you make a call to another normal ROI number while in NI on O2 UK you will be charged as if in ROI. If you call any other number while in NI on O2 UK its roaming rates.

Does this apply to Northern Ireland only, or the whole of the UK? I.e. if I'm in London, on the O2 UK network, do my calls to Irish mobiles and land lines come out of my included plan minutes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

animaal wrote: »
    Does this apply to Northern Ireland only, or the whole of the UK? I.e. if I'm in London, on the O2 UK network, do my calls to Irish mobiles and land lines come out of my included plan minutes?

Unless they're being deliberately obtuse, then I'd say it's NI only. The Irish networks have the ability to determine whether a handset is in NI or GB and bill accordingly, if they choose to.

Hi Vic

As Fungus says we don't offer data roaming yet. For voice calls and texts check the link below

Regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul

animaal wrote: »

No this only applies in the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

No this only applies in the North

Ok, good to know, thanks.

• Advertisement

Hi Vic

Regards
    Paul

Paul,

From your website -
    The following are the charges you will pay for sending or receiving texts, or making and takings calls to landline and mobile numbers while abroad..
    Calling any landline or mobile Receiving Calls Sending Texts to any Mobile Receiving Texts Zone 1 - Europe 42c 13c 13c FREE Zone 2 - Rest of Europe €1.69 €1.59 39c FREE Zone 3 - Asia, Middle East, CIS & Others €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 4 - Oceania €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 5 - Africa €2.29 €2.19 39c FREE Zone 6 - North America (inclusive Mexico & Caribbean) €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 7 - Central & South America €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 8 - Inflight coverage, Ferries and cruiseship, Satelittes

I take it the above call rates are per minute or part thereof?

I guess these are the applicable fees if i'm in London and amd using o2?

I guess it's not included in my monthly plan minutes?

Cheers, sorry if this has been clarified

vicwatson wrote: »
    Paul,

From your website -
    The following are the charges you will pay for sending or receiving texts, or making and takings calls to landline and mobile numbers while abroad..
    Calling any landline or mobile Receiving Calls Sending Texts to any Mobile Receiving Texts Zone 1 - Europe 42c 13c 13c FREE Zone 2 - Rest of Europe €1.69 €1.59 39c FREE Zone 3 - Asia, Middle East, CIS & Others €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 4 - Oceania €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 5 - Africa €2.29 €2.19 39c FREE Zone 6 - North America (inclusive Mexico & Caribbean) €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 7 - Central & South America €1.99 €1.89 39c FREE Zone 8 - Inflight coverage, Ferries and cruiseship, Satelittes

I take it the above call rates are per minute or part thereof?

I guess these are the applicable fees if i'm in London and amd using o2?

I guess it's not included in my monthly plan minutes?

Cheers, sorry if this has been clarified

Hi Vic

In EU its 30 seconds minimum charge and per second after that.
    Yes, in London is roaming in EU.
    Not included in plans. No roaming incldued in plans.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Two Questions:

1. Is there a code I can dial into my phone to check my remaining units for the month (calls, texts and data) ?

2. I just activated my monthly plan 5 minutes ago and when logging into my usage stats online, I get the following:

100MB monthly data E900: No Profile Active General 0 51.613 -- Mega Bytes
    200 any network minutes E900: No Profile Active General 0 103.226 -- Minutes
    200 any network texts E900: No Profile Active General 0 103.226 -- per MSG

How is it possible that I have used almost 100 minutes, 100 texts and almost 50mb of data in less than 5 minutes? I have in fact, done nothing on the phone in the last few minutes...

DRose1 wrote: »
    Two Questions:

1. Is there a code I can dial into my phone to check my remaining units for the month (calls, texts and data) ?

2. I just activated my monthly plan 5 minutes ago and when logging into my usage stats online, I get the following:

100MB monthly data E900: No Profile Active General 0 51.613 -- Mega Bytes
    200 any network minutes E900: No Profile Active General 0 103.226 -- Minutes
    200 any network texts E900: No Profile Active General 0 103.226 -- per MSG

How is it possible that I have used almost 100 minutes, 100 texts and almost 50mb of data in less than 5 minutes? I have in fact, done nothing on the phone in the last few minutes...

Hi there

1. Text BALANCE to 1744 to check your remaining units. Also you can Text SPEND to 1744 to check your spend outside your monthly rental.

2. Your first period is proratad. I imagine your billing date is 1st of the month. This means you have gotten a prorated amount of a little over half your allowance for this first period to end of the month. You will then get 200/200/100 for June

Hope this helps.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Hi there

1. Text BALANCE to 1744 to check your remaining units. Also you can Text SPEND to 1744 to check your spend outside your monthly rental.

2. Your first period is proratad. I imagine your billing date is 1st of the month. This means you have gotten a prorated amount of a little over half your allowance for this first period to end of the month. You will then get 200/200/100 for June

Hope this helps.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul.

1. Does it cost me a unit to send those texts or are they free?
    2. So my bill will be €8 this month?

DRose1 wrote: »
    Hi there

Hope this helps.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul.

1. Does it cost me a unit to send those texts or are they free?
    2. So my bill will be €8 this month?

1. Yes, they are free
    2. Yes, rental is prorated also

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dconwho

Hi, can someone help me.
    I have an HP\Palm Pre2 on Tesco Mobile in Ireland (I suspect I am the only one). I have set up my data setting as follows:

Internet APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

MMS APN : tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Size: 600

My phone accesses the internet no problem and all email is sent and received as expected to and from my phone.

I then try and tether and HP Touchpad to the Pre2. They connect but cannot browse. The wireless icon seems to show data being uploaded but none being downloaded. I used this config on Vodafone for over a year with no problems but cannot get it working on Tesco Mobile.

I will resort to buying a new SIM free card if I have to but would prefer if I can get this working.

Thanks

dconwho wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help me.
    I have an HP\Palm Pre2 on Tesco Mobile in Ireland (I suspect I am the only one). I have set up my data setting as follows:

Internet APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

MMS APN : tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC: http://10.1.11.68/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19:8080
    Max Size: 600

My phone accesses the internet no problem and all email is sent and received as expected to and from my phone.

I then try and tether and HP Touchpad to the Pre2. They connect but cannot browse. The wireless icon seems to show data being uploaded but none being downloaded. I used this config on Vodafone for over a year with no problems but cannot get it working on Tesco Mobile.

I will resort to buying a new SIM free card if I have to but would prefer if I can get this working.

Thanks

Hi there

The settings you have are correct. We dont block any tethering so it must be a device setting.

I dont know much about the Palm Pre but I would imagine there is a Mobile Hotspot or Tethering section of settings and if there is just make sure you put the APN there also if required.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AbhoysVoice

Hi

I set up my tescp mobile account, and as ai see happened with other users, on entering thecActivation code, I got the message
    "Unexpected Error: An unexpected error occured while activating Pay Monthly with PIN [******] with message details [No match found for PIN [******]]"

What can I do?
    Thanks very much,
    David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

Hi

I set up my tescp mobile account, and as ai see happened with other users, on entering thecActivation code, I got the message
    "Unexpected Error: An unexpected error occured while activating Pay Monthly with PIN [******] with message details [No match found for PIN [******]]"

What can I do?
    Thanks very much,
    David

That happened me last week when I changed to Tesco mobile.

You will have to contact the support center and tell them the problem.

Basically the user name you registered and used to log in to 'my mobile' isn't connected to your new payg/bill account that has the activation code you received.

They will ask you for a new user name and link it to the activation code you got.

It seems to be a common problem with new customers.

Advertisement