Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

ROVER wrote: »
    Hi Paul can you send a MMS message home when you are roaming?

Not yet, we don't have data roaming or international MMS until next year

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Paul,

tried to access net on phone (nokia 6700c), previously on 3 network. got the following message

'subscribe to packet data first'

rang customer care, the sent out some configuration thingy which i saved to phone and now get

'end existing packet data connection first'

any tips?

who_ru wrote: »
    Paul,

tried to access net on phone (nokia 6700c), previously on 3 network. got the following message

'subscribe to packet data first'

rang customer care, the sent out some configuration thingy which i saved to phone and now get

'end existing packet data connection first'

any tips?

Hi there

Make sure all other apn's are removed on your phone and reapply the config settings from here.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

regards
    paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Quick contract question for you,
    if you sign up to 35€ pm plan, when can you move to the 45€ pm plan and via versa?

billbond4 wrote: »
    Quick contract question for you,
    if you sign up to 35€ pm plan, when can you move to the 45€ pm plan and via versa?

Hi There

On SIM only yes you can move plan. Your free units bundles and charges will be proratad for the month between the 2.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Hi there

Make sure all other apn's are removed on your phone and reapply the config settings from here.

http://www.tescomobile.ie/helpandsupport/phone-settings.aspx

regards
    paul

i had a look at the settings there is a list of access points from 2 through to 7, which one do i select?

i had a look at the settings there is a list of access points from 2 through to 7, which one do i select?

If I were you I would delete all of these and add the TMI ones again from the start.

It is likely the old 3 settings are still there but its difficult to tell without seeing the phone.

regards
    Paul

Hi There

On SIM only yes you can move plan. Your free units bundles and charges will be proratad for the month between the 2.

regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul, and what if your on Billpay?

Thanks Paul, and what if your on Billpay?

SIM Only is billbay. On handset related tariffs you can only move upwards within contract as the plan is related to the subsidy provided for the handset purchase.

regards
    Paul

I meant for handset related tariffs, so your first contract month your on 35€ pm, on your second month you can only move up to the 45€pm (+ sign new 18 month contract)?

Would it be possible to move back down to 35€ pm ?

• Advertisement

I meant for handset related tariffs, so your first contract month your on 35€ pm, on your second month you can only move up to the 45€pm (+ sign new 18 month contract)?

Would it be possible to move back down to 35€ pm ?

That would be possible as the subsidy was based on the 35pm plan but each plan move would drive a new contract.

regards
    Paul

Thanks Paul, that makes sencse

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

I tried to sign up to the 16 euro sim-only deal this evening but was told it wasn't available i.e. I mustn't have passed the credit credit. 12 euro sim-only deal the same. Very frustrating since my credit record is excellent :confused:

They keep me in back office so I don't scare off the customers :)

Awh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Paul, quick question for you...

I'm currently using a work phone and thinking I'm going to take my number back from my employer for porting to ye.

Is the process as simple as buying a Tesco phone, telling my employer I want to take my number and then telling TMI to port it? Do I use the TMI number for the interim period between purchase and port?

Paul, quick question for you...

I'm currently using a work phone and thinking I'm going to take my number back from my employer for porting to ye.

Is the process as simple as buying a Tesco phone, telling my employer I want to take my number and then telling TMI to port it? Do I use the TMI number for the interim period between purchase and port?

Hi Mike

Yes, if you are on a multiline company account you will need to let them know you are taking the number as they need to authorise it with the operator and set a flag for the port to proceed. After that its as straighforward as above. You activate on the TMI 089 number and then port over when ready.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Veles wrote: »
    when ordering online for 18 month contract with galaxy ace do you paya security deposit?and how does the application process work?

Hi there

No there is no deposit but there are steps in the process that may require you to supply further information before shipment.

You will receive an activation code separate to the handset that is requierd to activate your service.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

I have also noticed that SMS to other Tesco Mobile PrePaid users are coming out of my 300 SMS!

I believe any SMS or voice calls to anyone on the Tesco Mobile Network be they PrePaid or Pay monthly should NOT come out of my included 300 SMS!

Tesco Mobile can you get this sorted out asap and make sure that voice calls are also the same as I have a feeling that these are also being charged when they should not be!

reni10 wrote: »
    I have also noticed that SMS to other Tesco Mobile PrePaid users are coming out of my 300 SMS!

I believe any SMS or voice calls to anyone on the Tesco Mobile Network be they PrePaid or Pay monthly should NOT come out of my included 300 SMS!

Tesco Mobile can you get this sorted out asap and make sure that voice calls are also the same as I have a feeling that these are also being charged when they should not be!

SMS to other TM customers are free...PM sent

paul,

my head is wrecked i cannot access the tesco mobile site no matter what i do.

all i get is 'the site cannot log you on' or if i try to reset my password i get,
    'sorry the system could not process your details, please try again later'.

this is round the clock!!

also i have not been able to access the internet from my phone once since i put in the tesco sim, not once!

i just messages about subscribe to packet data first or end existing packet data connection first. plus the battery on my phone is no longer holding a charge since i applied the WAP settings sent to me via customer care.

i have to say so far switching to tesco mobile for me has been a complete disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

paul,

my head is wrecked i cannot access the tesco mobile site no matter what i do.

all i get is 'the site cannot log you on' or if i try to reset my password i get,
    'sorry the system could not process your details, please try again later'.

this is round the clock!!

also i have not been able to access the internet from my phone once since i put in the tesco sim, not once!

i just messages about subscribe to packet data first or end existing packet data connection first. plus the battery on my phone is no longer holding a charge since i applied the WAP settings sent to me via customer care.

i have to say so far switching to tesco mobile for me has been a complete disaster.

Hi there

Your phone battery will have no connection to anything that is Tesco Mobile specific but your setup may be screwed up due to previous settings clashing with new settings and as aresult leading to battery issues. On the phone data connection items this is phone specific. Can you provide me with the model number so I can look up the manual on your setup.

Sorry your experience has not been good so far

regards
    Paul

Veles wrote: »
    to finalise it you have to put in credit card details?then you can set up direct debit?

Yes, what you pay up front has to be credit or laser but yes you can setup DD for your monthly bill on the order.

regards
    Paul

Hi there

Your phone battery will have no connection to anything that is Tesco Mobile specific but your setup may be screwed up due to previous settings clashing with new settings and as aresult leading to battery issues. On the phone data connection items this is phone specific. Can you provide me with the model number so I can look up the manual on your setup.

Sorry your experience has not been good so far

regards
    Paul

the model is a nokia 6700c - here are the settings under 'connectivity'

-packet data connection = when needed
    -active access point = 3
    -HS packet access = disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Meteor is €20 par month for 200 mins & 200 texts, no data. 18 month contract.
    That's not true. €20 gets you 200 texts, 200 mins 1gb data and only a 1 month contract.

the model is a nokia 6700c - here are the settings under 'connectivity'

-packet data connection = when needed
    -active access point = 3
    -HS packet access = disabled

Hi there

You have the wrong access point - you are still pointing at 3. This is why it doesnt work

Go to Settings - > Configuration - > Preferred Access Point and change to the one that would have been setup when you got the settings sent to you. This is likely called TMI WAP

Also, enable HS Packet Data on your device if you want to use 3G

See here for a manual that may be useful

http://nds1.nokia.com/phones/files/guides/Nokia_6700_classic_UG_en.pdf

Save this and it should work.

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Daniel S wrote: »
    That's not true. €20 gets you 200 texts, 200 mins 1gb data and only a 1 month contract.

It was when I posted.

Meteor changed all their plans last week:D

Advertisement