Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile Bill Pay *Now launched*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Very impressed by the new price plans and the range of handsets.

Shall be buying myself out of my Vodafone contract before Christmas. Should Tesco manage to stock the new Nexus then you will certainly have a new customer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Some pretty impressive plans there, only thing that's holding me back is the lack of data add-on but if that's in the pipeline then hopefully it's not a long wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi, Paul. Can you clarify if the Capped Monthly Plans are computed the same as the PAYG plans, i.e 20c per minute,as there are no min & texts listed for them, and that you get €60 per month bonus credit if you pay €20 per month? Does this €20 have to be paid monthly by DD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Is tethering allowed on the post pay plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I believe so based on one of Pauls posts on page 1
    30eur gets you 500mins 500texts and 1gb of data and free Tesco Mobile to Tesco Mobile calls texts and picture messages. Tethering included in data. Regards Paul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi, Paul. Can you clarify if the Capped Monthly Plans are computed the same as the PAYG plans, i.e 20c per minute,as there are no min & texts listed for them, and that you get €60 per month bonus credit if you pay €20 per month? Does this €20 have to be paid monthly by DD?

Hi there

Yes, its a hybrid type plan. For a monthly €20 commitment you get €60 tariff credit that can be used much like bonus credit in Pay as You Go (but the original €20 is not still available). If you need to use more than this or make international, roaming calls or buy a data bundle then you can topup. You will receive a statement much like a Pay Monthly bill

Direct debit or monthly payment from credit card allowed.

regards
    Paul

RangeR wrote: »
    Is tethering allowed on the post pay plans?

Yes, we have no restrictions on Tethering on Pay as You Go or Pay Monthly on any device type.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FullOf..IT

Hi Paul,

What do Tesco staff need to do to get the discount i seen today?

Can i get family friends on this too?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

hopefully we can see a further choice of handsets not many top pick from ,good to see some new competition in the bill pay sector..

FullOf..IT wrote: »
    Hi Paul,

What do Tesco staff need to do to get the discount i seen today?

Can i get family friends on this too?

Thanks

Hi there

There will be a newsletter going out to staff shortly on this. Contact customer care for more info here if you cant wait :)

http://www.tescomobile.ie/contact-us.aspx

regards
    Paul

regards
    Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Good to see another player in the market.

Good value plans alright but the price of the handsets is a bit off the wall.

Take the HTC Sensation for example, first off, if you want a 12 month contract, the only option is to sign up to a 75 euro per month plan, in comparison with Meteor whos plans start at 25 per month for this handset on a 12 month contract.

If you pick an 18 month contract, Tescos cheapest plan is 45 a month with the phone costing 150....again, Meteors cheapest plan here is 20 euro per month with the phone costing 190. For 40 euro per month with Meteor, the phone will only cost 90 Euro.

So while I agree that the plans Tesco offer are good value, for someone like me who uses about 200 mins and 200 txts and a bit of data, my choices would be spending 25 per month with meteor and paying 190 for the phone, versus spending 45/month with tesco and paying 150 for the phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Agree with cojomo, the tariffs for the smart phones are too high. If you can get the same phone with Meteor for €25 a month I've no idea why anyone would choose to go with Tesco for €45. Also I hate 18 month contracts so I'd be looking at €75 a month for a smart phone, not gonna happen.

Also there's not near enough data provided with the low sim only tarriffs. I wouldn't use 100 minutes and texts in a month but would use close to 1gb in data. Granted no other network provides a tarriff like this, Tesco PAYG works well for me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭billbond4

Good to see another operator on the market, but the website is terrible, I tried in IE, Firefox and Chrome and I still cant see the price plans.

billbond4 wrote: »
    Good to see another operator on the market, but the website is terrible, I tried in IE, Firefox and Chrome and I still cant see the price plans.

Sim Only plans
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/SIM-only-plans.aspx

Capped Plans
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/capped-monthly-plans.aspx

Handset related plans are visible when you seledct a Phone and do Choose Plan here
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/index.aspx?type=postpay

The Pay Monthly Plans page will be updated with all plans showing later here
    http://shop.tescomobile.ie/pay-monthly-plans.aspx

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Think I might go over on a sim only deal in Jan for a while. However if iphone5 comes out it may only be a short term thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Using IE9 here. No problems with the site :(

Good price plans. To bad theres no people on tesco network that i know.

I only have IE 7 on work computer, so thats probably it.
    The pages display fine on my SE Xperia Arc :)
    very good prices plans

Any more SE phones on the horizon?

Any more SE phones on the horizon?

Yes we will be getting the Sony Ericsson Arc S

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Is the Tesco SIM that you get in a Tesco store a MicroSIM for the iPhone 4 or do you have to order one especially?

• Advertisement

reni10 wrote: »
    Is the Tesco SIM that you get in a Tesco store a MicroSIM for the iPhone 4 or do you have to order one especially?

You need to order from Customer Care. You can do this via the Contact Us form on tescomobile.ie

Regards
    Paul

Any idea when ye might be getting the Arc S?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭Elessar

How long are the 20/month and 30/month plans?

Any plans for 30 day rolling contracts?

EDIT: Am I right in saying they are all 30 days contracts?

Where are the out of bundle charges listed on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Good to see another player in the market.

Good value plans alright but the price of the handsets is a bit off the wall.

Take the HTC Sensation for example, first off, if you want a 12 month contract, the only option is to sign up to a 75 euro per month plan, in comparison with Meteor whos plans start at 25 per month for this handset on a 12 month contract.

If you pick an 18 month contract, Tescos cheapest plan is 45 a month with the phone costing 150....again, Meteors cheapest plan here is 20 euro per month with the phone costing 190. For 40 euro per month with Meteor, the phone will only cost 90 Euro.

So while I agree that the plans Tesco offer are good value, for someone like me who uses about 200 mins and 200 txts and a bit of data, my choices would be spending 25 per month with meteor and paying 190 for the phone, versus spending 45/month with tesco and paying 150 for the phone...

Yeah, quite a good comparison there and it seems a vast difference in price. Just one thing I had noticed is the t&c's with Meteor. For an 18 month contract on bill pay, you only get free Meteor to Meteor calls and texts for 12 months only. That's 6 months extra without free calls or texts and subsequently eating into your tariff - could be a bit costly should you have a number of people on the network with you.

Although, other people might not have the same plan and can call you for free, but who wants to really prompt someone to call them.

Any idea when ye might be getting the Arc S?

should be in the coming 3-4 weeks

Elessar wrote: »
    How long are the 20/month and 30/month plans?

Any plans for 30 day rolling contracts?

EDIT: Am I right in saying they are all 30 days contracts?

Where are the out of bundle charges listed on the website?

Yes, all the SIM only and Capped plans are 30 day rolling contracts.

Out of bundle costs are here

http://www.tescomobile.ie/other-call-charges.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Not too sure I understand the "capped" plans... Is it that you pay €10/month to get €30 worth of calls/texts/data per month?

Not too sure I understand the "capped" plans... Is it that you pay €10/month to get €30 worth of calls/texts/data per month?

Yes, see here for an explanation

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74854784&postcount=37

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Is data roaming available on billpay Paul?

• Advertisement

Kensington wrote: »
    Is data roaming available on billpay Paul?

Not yet, coming in Q12012

Regards
    Paul

Advertisement