Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Devil08 wrote: »
    It's on Garda website, trainee 2013 handbook

could you link?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Are those my feet!!?? :D

I had an eye test done a few months ago and had the free hearing test too. Hearing was fine, need to wear glasses when using a computer for prolonged times and when driving at night

That actually wouldn't be funny if I wasn't well educated, but I guess there is always going to be something that eludes me, in this case how eye test results are presented. But I don't need to understand them until my vision starts to go. ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Rothmans wrote: »
    http://www.garda.ie/controller.aspx?page=1632

The above is for the reserves atm.

Couldn't be too different from FT. Although they haven't actually released the standards for this campaign (surprise surprise :rolleyes: the lack of transparency in this campaign is actually abysmal)

It is the same it was in the requirements in the info booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

want2b wrote: »
    It is the same it was in the requirements in the info booklet.

The one I've just posted

• Advertisement

Rothmans wrote: »
    Yup, according to the optometrist.

It equates to -1.75

Must be mistaken with 6/60 you would have very bad sight

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ann.lewis

D Trent wrote: »
    For those who have a definite knowledge are the medical & physical both done in Templemore? maybe ann.lewis you know as you've done it last time round?

Hey D.. sorry for delay..the medical is done in HQ in the medical building round the side of the depot in Phoenix Park and your Physical is done in the college in templemore. Great experience :)

Yea..passing the medical is different to passing the fitness but getting fit now will help both. Fitness and strength for the physical to pass and also with fitness will come trimness :) so ye won't need to worry about bmi or weight :)

When I was down for the pct before an instructor told us that push ups are the best for the push pull. He mostly told the girls that.

I defo wouldnt put off getting fit and getting bits sorted like a trip to the dentist, opticians or ears checked. We might not have much time between those stages....all being well we are successful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭AaronMul1

Have my reserve medical soon so hopefully that'll give me a good idea about passing the one to be a Garda if i pass the reserve one! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

AaronMul1 wrote: »
    Have my reserve medical soon so hopefully that'll give me a good idea about passing the one to be a Garda if i pass the reserve one! :p

And if you pass stage 1

D Trent wrote: »
    And if you pass stage 1

never said i would ;) was just pointing out that passing one medical would give a good idea of the bar to pass the other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭coolock94

How long where u waiting on ur reserve medical from meeting with the super/inspector ? I think the tests are very different reserve I believe it's mainly ur BMI they check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

coolock94 wrote: »
    How long where u waiting on ur reserve medical from meeting with the super/inspector ? I think the tests are very different reserve I believe it's mainly ur BMI they check

They do sight, hearing, BMI, blood test, urine test and meeting with a doctor

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Wouldn't worry to much about bmi most people playing rugby would be obese according to bmi !

coolock94 wrote: »

my meeting with inspector was May, Medical in Feb, so what about 7-8 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

im just after getting an email saying that i forgot to complete the aptitude test when your were meant to and am i now been given a change to complete it again this week during a 26hr window. Did anyone else get this email as i would have assumed its would be tough luck if you forgot to complete part of the test esp with 20k people applying

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

That is ridiculous if true !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

scheister wrote: »
    im just after getting an email saying that i forgot to complete the aptitude test when your were meant to and am i now been given a change to complete it again this week during a 26hr window. Did anyone else get this email as i would have assumed its would be tough luck if you forgot to complete part of the test esp with 20k people applying

Why are they giving you another chance if you messed up the times? I thought the whole point was completing it before the deadline that you were given and that was clearly stated in the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I hope to god this is a troll!
    Totally unfair if true,
    Your one tough luck if you forgot to do the test in my view

i'd never troll in this forum. Only time i would see this as acceptible is if i aint the only one in the field and its a mass problem. Find attached a screen shot of the email i was sent

i'd never troll in this forum. Only time i would see this as acceptible is if i aint the only one in the field and its a mass problem. Find attached a screen shot of the email i was sent
    If you don't mind me asking why did you not do it at the time you were allocated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Absolute bull**** if true

i took time off work and reschdualed my life for this test!!

Wife and kids thrown out with the cats and dogs, clients put on hold, phone of the hook, postman warned - the whole works!

want2b wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking why did you not do it at the time you were allocated?

I thought I had. Could only see one link in email. Followed link. Completed everything I was ask had 3 different sections so figured that was the 3 tests rather then 3 parts of one test.

I'm not impressed with this either I'm siding with the people calling this a pile of crap. I only posted about it to see what it's happened as it's not fair on the people who did it all correct the 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

'As an exceptional measure you are being afforded a final opportunity to complete the tests' ;)

I thought I had. Could only see one link in email. Followed link. Completed everything I was ask had 3 different sections so figured that was the 3 tests rather then 3 parts of one test.

I'm not impressed with this either I'm siding with the people calling this a pile of crap. I only posted about it to see what it's happened as it's not fair on the people who did it all correct the 1st time

Maybe you did really well in the others I am confused though, three sections in the one test? You mean the questionnaire just? There was no three sections in the verbal. Maybe this is the fate scheister telling you to take more heed hehehe . You know what they say what is for you won't pass you. I would love to know if you were the only person just out of curiosity. But take the test if you really want it take it soon.

EDIT: NEVERMIND SEEN THE EMAIL ATTACHMENT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Maybe there isn't as many people now interested in the job so they need the numbers lol, wishful thinking on my part, was there not 3 parts to the tests, including a work strengths questionnaire?

Maybe there isn't as many people now interested in the job so they need the numbers lol, wishful thinking on my part, was there not 3 parts to the tests, including a work strengths questionnaire?

It's the questionnaire, I thought it he/she meant they took the verbal and not the abstract. Wouldn't that be great but I think it's wishful thinking. Maybe the second email was in a spam folder either way unless they knew what was in the tests they don't really have an advantage. It was an accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd say it was some kind of technical error on their side, they'd hardly give an applicant another chance if they couldn't even complete 3 simple tasks?!

Maybe not all the links were provided to some applicants or links weren't working... There are any number of reasons I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

There must be thousands of others getting those emails now.

I wonder is it only for the people that didn't fully complete it?

What about the people that didn't bother doing the test?

Do they get another chance to do it?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I'd say it was some kind of technical error on their side, they'd hardly give an applicant another chance if they couldn't even complete 3 simple tasks?!

Maybe not all the links were provided to some applicants or links weren't working... There are any number of reasons I suppose

Maybe, but they would have said that though, don't you think? They would have included in the email and they wouldn't have used the terms they did "exceptional". If there are others getting these emails, it probably isn't the people who didn't bother completing all tests, it's probably for the people who completed one of the tests and not the other tests.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

What parts did you do or not do?

The questionnaire/assessment?

The abstract, pick the odd one?

The verbal, true, false and cannot say as the answers?

Just curious as to why they'd give people another go.

All the best with it anyway :)

Advertisement