Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

The results are obviously going to take longer now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mfergus wrote: »

I doubt it'll be any further than the original "end of February" time frame we were given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Who cares? No big deal if people did or didn't get the link, the fact is we are all in the same boat waiting till the end of February to see who gets through stage 1 the very best of luck to everybody. If I don't get it this time it's over for me as I'm 34 now, it is my only chance. I was going to not do the tests when I heard of the reduction in salary and conditions but when the emails came I went for it. Again, good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 RonBurgundy73

want2b wrote: »
    It not against them, in the last campaign I know someone who got a call for a interview via email and he didn't see the email so he didn't attend the interview, he didn't get a second chance.he had to accept it.

In the last campaign, I know of 160 or so that were told 5 years after passing everything that it was all for nothing. Hard luck, try again.

That's unfair lads. This is barely relevant. Get over it. No point getting worked up over someone else application. Worry about your own.

If someone forgot about one of the two parts of the only thing thats been required so far, after the crystal clear instructions in the info booklet, then that's on them and I doubt they really have enough interest to get through this competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

There were separate emails for the assessments and questionnaire. Given that this seems to have not just happened to one person, and the email seems to state "exceptional circumstances", is it not possible that she did not get one of the emails??

And explain to me how someone with any cop on in the wide earthly world would not have noticed they did not get the email and make an enquiry like the booklet says. Maybe they might not have got one email, but that still means that person or those people are half arsed and are not one bit serious to not have noticed they did not receive an email.
    Sure they should have sent assistants around to every house to hold there hands tight and guide them trough it.

• Advertisement

Probably the reason they are taking so long in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Something tells me that a lot more people failed to complete all the tests than they expected. I couldn't think of any other reason why they would bother their arse pursuing these people after the fact - especially when there's such an enormous amount of people applying.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Something tells me that a lot more people failed to complete all the tests than they expected. I couldn't think of any other reason why they would bother their arse pursuing these people after the fact - especially when there's such an enormous amount of people applying.

That or maybe daddy had a pull and got a 2nd chance for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

or maybe they performed better than you, in the tests that they did do?
    ;-)

or maybe they performed better than you, in the tests that they did do?
    ;-)

Haha :D even if they did, I would have thought that forgetting to sit all the exams would drop you smack bang in the middle of the "NOPE!!!!" pile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭dunner515

I'd be curious to know the actual numbers that took the test??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Haha :D even if they did, I would have thought that forgetting to sit all the exams would drop you smack bang in the middle of the "NOPE!!!!" pile

I guess we'll find out in February.

I guess we'll find out in February.

We will indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You would think the simple thing would have been to disqualify the people that didn't complete it properly.

But they didn't.

So maybe what they have so far seen of the applicants that did complete it didn't impress them?

Tee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

You would think the simple thing would have been to disqualify the people that didn't complete it properly.

But they didn't.

So maybe what they have so far seen of the applicants that did complete it didn't impress them?

I wouldn't say so.

A decent percentage would of scored very highly

Lots of average scores

And quite a few terrible scores

My opinion is, if you prepared and knew what your doing you should pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

scheister wrote: »
    i'd never troll in this forum. Only time i would see this as acceptible is if i aint the only one in the field and its a mass problem. Find attached a screen shot of the email i was sent

Hi scheister how did you find your tests today? Difficult? did you get many completed?

So this is the stage where everyone has accepted that we can do feck all but sit back and wait!

thekopend wrote: »
    So this is the stage where everyone has accepted that we can do feck all but sit back and wait!

Haha, pretty much, yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

At least we are into February now the countdown begins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 seanog84

Hey lads, now that we're all back in the "waiting" phase I thought this thread was as relevant as any to ask what any of you thought of the diploma in policing. Seriously thinking of doing it over the next few months. How good is the course and obviously how beneficial would it be when going for AGS?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭thestar

Supposedly all just a money racket and not recognized by anybody, that's what I'm told but it could be rubbish

thestar wrote: »
    Supposedly all just a money racket and not recognized by anybody, that's what I'm told but it could be rubbish

That's all it is in my opinion, won't have any appeal to the actual gardai. That's what the training in templemore is for. The only reason to do a course like that is purely for your own interest!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

I hear they post you straight to a station and out on the beat straight away if u have that course. Not.

Haha, they'll be like 'forget everything you learned, that's not how we do it'

• Registered Users Posts: 13 seanog84

Well yeah nothing is recognised as such, just thought it sounded interesting and might show an interviewing panel that you have went about preparing or bettering yourself for everything that is involved in AGS. But yeah if it gets you straight out on the beat it must be good ha!! Still just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

seanog84 wrote: »
    Well yeah nothing is recognised as such, just thought it sounded interesting and might show an interviewing panel that you have went about preparing or bettering yourself for everything that is involved in AGS. But yeah if it gets you straight out on the beat it must be good ha!! Still just a thought.

Go for it . Can't do any harm. You'd be suprised how much of that is taken from the AGS training.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Everything is weighed up at interview stage. All your experience and qualifications will count for something just like any other job. So yes having relevant degrees or diplomas will look good. But it won't count for a whole lot. I wouldn't be doing a policing course to boost my chances because in end it would weigh very little in whole scheme of things. I've been through the interview before and they grill you. Your answers to their questions is what they will pass u on. And how you cope under the pressure of their grilling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Devil08 wrote: »
    Everything is weighed up at interview stage. All your experience and qualifications will count for something just like any other job. So yes having relevant degrees or diplomas will look good. But it won't count for a whole lot. I wouldn't be doing a policing course to boost my chances because in end it would weigh very little in whole scheme of things. I've been through the interview before and they grill you. Your answers to their questions is what they will pass u on. And how you cope under the pressure of their grilling!
    Hi devil as someone who has been thru Garda interviews before wat have you been doing to increase your chances for this campaign.
    And in case anyone thinks this a smart comment r anything it's not its just a genuine comment I'm interested as this is my first campaign to apply

• Advertisement

how many people go into the service, already having a degree or two?

Advertisement