Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment- The Waiting to Apply Room

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Andrea345 wrote: »
    Maybe, but they would have said that though, don't you think? They would have included in the email and they wouldn't have used the terms they did "exceptional". If there are others getting these emails, it probably isn't the people who didn't bother completing all tests, it's probably for the people who completed one of the tests and not the other tests.

I suppose they're the only ones with the answers to our questions, doubt we'll ever find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

the sections i completed were thinks like are you a good public speaker, are you good at thinking on the spot and then questions like you are working with a local estate and know that a house contains drug you inform the local drug taskforce and then a number of different ways to handle it saying were they good average bad t

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

scheister wrote: »
    the sections i completed were thinks like are you a good public speaker, are you good at thinking on the spot and then questions like you are working with a local estate and know that a house contains drug you inform the local drug taskforce and then a number of different ways to handle it saying were they good average bad t

So you only did the questionnaire then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭scheister

lukesmom wrote: »
    So you only did the questionnaire then?

appears so

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

Can anyone tell me if you could skip those questions. What I'm worried about is that the computer double clicked on some of the scenarios and I missed some of them. Was that possible at all. Hopefully it wouldn't let you. I think I remember it saying you didn't complete the question at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Nothing personal against you OP,

Pretty annoyed you have an extra few days to do the tests,

I rang up with a valid reason as to get my time slot changed and I was rejected,

The PAS have a lot to answer if they start giving people second chances at the aptitude,

Disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

i wonder if ill get a rescheduled interview if I dont bother to turn up for mine

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭want2b

Scouser wrote: »
    i wonder if ill get a rescheduled interview if I dont bother to turn up for mine

You are very sure of getting that far.....

Canyon86 wrote: »

I rang up with a valid reason as to get my time slot changed and I was rejected,

The PAS have a lot to answer if they start giving people second chances at the aptitude,

Disgrace

Its unbelievable, I wonder will they give me another go because I am not happy with my tests? I might do better the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭billie1b

Canyon86 wrote: »

Disgrace

This is were the "pull" comes into it :D

Sargeant Daddy rings PAS, 'my sons/daughters e-mail is zzzzzzz@zzzmail.com',

PAS person 'oh yes I have it here, oh he/she failed, we'll resend it to him/her to try again, but don't tell anyone'

Daddy 'no problem, i'll be in contact when he/she finished'

PAS 'no problem, sure you have my direct line if he needs help'

Daddy 'thanks very much, i'll fix up those penalty points soon ok!'

PAS 'nice one!'

:D:D:D

* note sarcasm, would never actually happen *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭thekopend

To be honest someone who thaught that doing the questionair was all there was to the online test tells me, they did not read any info booklets which specifically tell you there are two emails and two tests AND what the tests comprise of, also they obviously never checked the pubic jobs message board which also gave simple info as to what had to be done and how it was going to happen. It was black and white ffs for anyone who was half bothered. This person obviously never prepared for the online tests either, just a half arsed applicant if you ask me. I'm surprised there is a second chance for such. Fair enough if there was a technical fault as could be the case if you are sure you did everything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

thekopend wrote: »
    To be honest someone who thaught that doing the questionair was all there was to the online test tells me, they did not read any info booklets which specifically tell you there are two emails and two tests AND what the tests comprise of, also they obviously never checked the pubic jobs message board which also gave simple info as to what had to be done and how it was going to happen. It was black and white ffs for anyone who was half bothered. This person obviously never prepared for the online tests either, just a half arsed applicant if you ask me. I'm surprised there is a second chance for such. Fair enough there was a technical fault as could be the case if you are sure you did everything

Agreed,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Faith and Justice

thekopend wrote: »
    To be honest someone who thaught that doing the questionair was all there was to the online test tells me, they did not read any info booklets which specifically tell you there are two emails and two tests AND what the tests comprise of, also they obviously never checked the pubic jobs message board which also gave simple info as to what had to be done and how it was going to happen. It was black and white ffs for anyone who was half bothered. This person obviously never prepared for the online tests either, just a half arsed applicant if you ask me. I'm surprised there is a second chance for such. Fair enough if there was a technical fault as could be the case if you are sure you did everything

Exactly. Your given a couple of days to do it.

If you forget to do a part, or don't complete it all, then it's your problem.

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Or in this case

Fail to prepare, we'll tell you what you have to, and give you another chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Sure I thought we all knew it was a questionnaire and 2 tests. Anyways if anybody gets the chance to do them again then it's not their fault. It's the system, a system I didn't think existed that would afford a second chance to applicants. Very strange. Thought the numbers expressing interest were meant to be high, maybe they aren't as high as we thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 laura2011

got the same email....

I know the OP should have known about the other tests but if it was a technical fault and the links or emails weren't sent correctly then it's hardly his/her fault. All they could do was contact PAS to get it sorted

If it was a case that the OP just missed the email or whatever then I agree, it's very unfair that he/she should get another chance

Anyway, I don't believe this will hinder my chances of going all the way, if I'm good enough I'll get it IMO

lukesmom wrote: »
    Anyways if anybody gets the chance to do them again then it's not their fault. It's the system

One person didn't even attempt to do the tests, or didnt know about them, only did questionair, that was not the systems fault!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Stop whining lads, making you all seem a bit petty

laura2011 wrote: »
    got the same email....

Which tests did you not bother to do?

Or which test links did not appear for her?

• Advertisement

Or which test links did not appear for her?

Explain

There were separate emails for the assessments and questionnaire. Given that this seems to have not just happened to one person, and the email seems to state "exceptional circumstances", is it not possible that she did not get one of the emails??

There were separate emails for the assessments and questionnaire. Given that this seems to have not just happened to one person, and the email seems to state "exceptional circumstances", is it not possible that she did not get one of the emails??

It is possible but someone posted in the aptitude test thread saying that they had simply forgotten to do the questionnaire yet they are getting a second chance...

Seems strange and unfair to me but sure what can you do :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    It is possible but someone posted in the aptitude test thread saying that they had simply forgotten to do the questionnaire yet they are getting a second chance...

Seems strange and unfair to me but sure what can you do :)

It may be helping a few but, given the wording of the email, it would seem that they have recognised an issue that occurred.

It may be helping a few but, given the wording of the email, it would seem that they have recognised an issue that occurred.

Anyone who simply forgot shouldn't be helped though should they? Surely someone who really wanted this would make sure they were well prepared and got everything done on their allocated time.

For clarification, I'm not talking about technical faults, they deserve another go as it wasn't their fault but forgetting is not an excuse that should be given another chance.

Maybe but in the information provided it stated that if you did not receive the two links by such a date to contact them, so if somebody didn't receive them and didn't contact PAS to find out why it should be there own loss.

Maybe but it just seems that people are being petty and a bit selfish in a "Well if they get to be included then I am against more people"
    If you are good enough then you will get through and it will not matter how many attempts others have.

Maybe but it just seems that people are being petty and a bit selfish in a "Well if they get to be included then I am against more people"
    If you are good enough then you will get through and it will not matter how many attempts others have.

It not against them, in the last campaign I know someone who got a call for a interview via email and he didn't see the email so he didn't attend the interview, he didn't get a second chance.he had to accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

want2b wrote: »
    It not against them, in the last campaign I know someone who got a call for a interview via email and he didn't see the email so he didn't attend the interview, he didn't get a second chance.he had to accept it.

So its good that they've relaxed their policies :)

• Advertisement

So its good that they've relaxed their policies :)

Good for people who didn't read their e-mails properly, yep :pac:

Advertisement