Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD irritations... ie first world problems! (See Mod Note, 1st post)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

It's annoying that when I go for my afternoon coffee by the lake the sun is only shining on the grass by O'Reilly Hall which is too far away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

5,000 word assignment due by Friday.

I have to go back up to Dublin just to hand in a hard copy.

Just grrr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

EmilyO wrote: »

Just grrr...
    That's amazingly pants alright - last year one of my housemates was gone home for his holidays before his essays were due, and actually had to try and argue before they'd let me drop them in for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

People that sit outside o'reilly hall on the step/path thing that decide to have a little lie down

And then they be all mad when I be walkin on thier faces

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

EmilyO wrote: »

Just grrr...

As a dub I never really thought about that, but yeah, that sucks alright! Maybe try and have a friend drop it in for you if you email it to them? I know it's tough to trust someone with important stuff though!!

Things that annoy me, the SU shop queues and trying to move in and out...the wait for coffee, being harrassed outside the library at 5.30pm when no one is left in college on "election day" and any smoke break I take I have to answer "have you voted yet" to about 15 people...fu*k off...I don't care about your little meaningless popularity parties, also hate lecturers who take forever to release midterm results, one of which also declared in the first lecture to never ever contact him (by email or office) and he is now taking over a month to give results, I also hate lecturers who don't put sh*t up on blackboard, stop trying to justify your job by making people come to your lectures, you teach a p!ss easy bullsh*t subject and I don't go because I can cover the entire course in 3 hours the night before the exam.....so dont waist my time.

Just about the only thing that doesn't annoy me in UCD are the students! (I'm a mature, so a grumpy old man), but a lot of staff / the set up does annoy me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭facemelter

People who use facebook at five to nine when im trying to check my timetable :mad: rows of people scrolling through fceking photos ...grinds my gears !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Meow_Meow

facemelter wrote: »
    People who use facebook at five to nine when im trying to check my timetable :mad: rows of people scrolling through fceking photos ...grinds my gears !!!!

100% agree- what pisses me off the most is when it's five to nine and I have something to print off for my 9am seminar, and literally only need to log onto my account and press the damn print button... gaaaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭DeadlyTwig

People who try to scan into the library with their student card face up......in March :/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

DeadlyTwig wrote: »
    People who try to scan into the library with their student card face up......in March :/

Or people who frantically try and scan their laser cards to gain access.

Rough night last night I guess. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Or people who frantically try and scan their laser cards to gain access.

Rough night last night I guess. ;)

That happens to me so much. Everytime I do it there happens to be loads of people behind me aswell!

• Advertisement

Women who don't take out their library card from their purse until they are at the turnstile. I'm judging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The gremlins that reside in the basement of Newman, UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kayotic18

psychward wrote: »
    This has bugged me for a long time.

Whenever I login to UCDCONNECT on a UCD desktop and go to check the Gmail supported email , I find the crappy Internet Explorer Browser tells me that I have
    ''compatibility view'' turned on and to turn it off else reading mail becomes an experience similar to scoring along ones eyeball with a razorblade. This stressfully wastes time each time I login plus it still works like a turd. Am I missing something important here or is whoever set this thing up an incompetent fool who can't ensure that UCD is even compatible with itself ?
    Chrome
    Firefox
    I use FF on the UCD computers
    Either carry it on a flash drive, or pop it on your H:\ (personal student drive space)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

The gremlins that reside in the basement of Newman, UCD.

Don't feed them after midnight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

kayotic18 wrote: »
    Chrome
    Firefox
    I use FF on the UCD computers
    Either carry it on a flash drive, or pop it on your H:\ (personal student drive space)

Thanks ,. I used to have portable browser but lost it :) Now I have it again :)

It's still irritating though that we have to jump through hoops like this because an extremely important part of UCD is incompatible with another extremely important part.

The lack of cheddar grated cheese in Centra deeply annoys me, they have mozzarella but no cheedar grated cheese, it doesn't make sense! Mozzarella cheese with tomatoes is not the same!

I'd love to see an introduction of a new cafe with a wider range of fresh food tbh, similar to Donnybrook Fair, which is lovely,

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

Some woman has spent the last 20 minutes ripping up paper beside me in the library?! karmas a bitch though she let out an enormous fart about 3 minutes ago and promptly left :pac: that may have been because I was sitting there shaking with silent laughter though...

justified wrote: »
    Some woman has spent the last 20 minutes ripping up paper beside me in the library?! karmas a bitch though she let out an enormous fart about 3 minutes ago and promptly left :pac: that may have been because I was sitting there shaking with silent laughter though...

Was she fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jan shyr

The amount of rubbish in front of grass hockey pitch beside sports centre is unbelievable. I mean how hard is it to put your crap in the bin?!

And the laziness of sports centre staff is something that does annoy me. The amount of DUST in Hall A is a disgrace. Whenever we train there, it flies in all directions.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

No recycling bins bothers me, the libraries have paper bins but the campus should have the multi bins like those in Stephens green SC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭justified

justified wrote: »

Was she fat?

Nope tall and skinny actually not your typical rogue farter ;)

Sorry for the massive quote dunno how to fix it on my phone !

I hate it when you bring your laptop, and you are looking forward to listen to your music while working only to forget your headphones :(

Also, my pollen sense is tingling, say it ain't so, I couldn't bare hayfever this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭stop

HbRTn.png

In all serious, it's less of an irritation and more of a disgrace...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryboy911

3 euro drinks in the SU bar...........Me Arse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Probably mentioned before but those fúckers who start packing up their stuff 5 minutes before the lecture is over, the lecturer still talking, christ almighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

I've a lecturer that has basically a no tolerance policy for talking/whispering. If you're caught talking you're gone. Fair enough policy I think. One lecture in particular though had loads in the back of the theatre take the piss. After one or two people got kicked out for talking about 15 to 20 people from the back left over the space of 5 minutes. And everyone slammed the door as hard as possible when leaving. Really sound. Small issue I know but was just so annoying and so disrespectful to the lecturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I sat in a lecture in the ag science buildng a year ago and have to say a lot of them lacked any sort of respect for where they were or the lecturer. There was even students shouting moo at a lecturer as many of you might of heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryboy911

Bobby42 wrote: »
    I've a lecturer that has basically a no tolerance policy for talking/whispering. If you're caught talking you're gone. Fair enough policy I think. One lecture in particular though had loads in the back of the theatre take the piss. After one or two people got kicked out for talking about 15 to 20 people from the back left over the space of 5 minutes. And everyone slammed the door as hard as possible when leaving. Really sound. Small issue I know but was just so annoying and so disrespectful to the lecturer.

quite funny all the same tho!! good aule alice ;)

• Advertisement

Probably mentioned before but those fúckers who start packing up their stuff 5 minutes before the lecture is over, the lecturer still talking, christ almighty.

Walks into class.

Sees topic.

Looks up topic on wikipedia.

Is already 5 lectures ahead now.

Looks at clock for the last 35 minutes of class, regretting even entering the room.

Packs up stuff to leave while lecturer drags incredibly simple topic out for the last 5-10 minutes.

From the other side of the coin :)

Advertisement