Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So my housemate tried to kill me last night...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Duggy747 wrote: »
    .....by tying to force his way into my room with the kitchen knife. He passed out and when I went out to him I found the knife beside him. With-holding my temptation to cave his skull in I took a picture of him with the knife and rang the landlord.

He stayed out on the landing, waking up every now and again patrolling it, waiting for someone to come out and just pass out again.

He's already been told to leave 3 weeks ago but the landlord can't kick him out until Friday as per a month's notice he can give someone. Went to the Gardaì, showed them the picture but they told me they couldn't do anything either. They did give me a number to ring next time he tries something.

He's a bad drunk who's being doing shìt to annoy us. It all started with him blaring the stereo in the kitchen at 6am in the morning when he was drinking and we told him to cut it out. Since then every night he's gone out (2 -3 times a week) some shìt happens when he comes back. Kept telling the landlord but his hands were tied.

So basically, me and the housemates have to survive being murdered until Friday.

Fùck that shìt, I'm outta here. I would've beaten the shìt out of him on other occasions but when someone brings a knife to the fight I don't hang around. I'm looking at the big-ass knife I took off him here in my room and sickened at what could've happened had I not locked my door.

I was lucky, I rarely lock my door unless the gf is staying over which she was last night. Could've ended alot differently.

Besides getting the fùck out of here, anyone here in AH can give me top tips to dealing with a drunk who wants to kill you and your housemates?

EDIT: I decided to remove the picture so if I need this for legal reasons.

So, you're still with us then?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,098 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

teach me how to live, duggy
    teach, teach me how to live, duggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

R.I.P.

Six Dutch Gold and a mean-looking cutter
    Now young Duggy lies dead in the gutter
    We all knew he'd go nuts
    So just break out the doughnuts
    One-nil to the knife-wielding nutter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

:( actually kinda worried now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Can't keep runnin' away...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Any sign of Duggy or even his house-mate with the BIG font-writing! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

C'mon the dougster!

Oh and a happy ending in this case would be fine thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What if his housemate doesnt want to leave this evening?? If i was Duggy id get the rest of the housemates together and f**k this fella out on the street if he doesnt want to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Public bumming, hmmmm humiliating for all though:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

You'd be far better off moving out of there soon yourself Duggy (preferably not in a coffin!), lest this psycho stays around for a while longer. Even if he does leave, he'll always know where you live...

Though I am hungry now for doughnuts :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

While it is obvious this guy needs to be removed from the house it might be in everybody's best interest to stop painting him as some evil pyscopath and realise that he clearly has a serious problem and needs help. Drinking to excess is, in my opinion, a clear sign/sympton of some other underlying problem eg; abuse, loneliness, grief etc. This guy needs professional help and rehab, not an angry mob waiting to tear him apart.

In relation to the Gardai a picture is proof of nothing and all they have otherwise is Duggy's word. Lets leave the Garda bashing out of it. It's unfair, unecessary and won't help anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Just read through this from start to finish, riveting stuff!

I hope you've survived your last night Duggy, we're all rooting for ya!

Assuming the psycho leaves at 7 today, he's naturally going to go on a mad rage filled murderous spree around the country....? Thankfully I'll be on a plane to London by then. So good luck eveyrone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Drinking to excess is, in my opinion, a clear sign/sympton of some other underlying problem eg; abuse, loneliness, grief etc. This guy needs professional help and rehab, not an angry mob waiting to tear him apart.

I agree with you there, but it doesn't excuse the danger he is to his housemates in when he goes on these binges.

The person that needs tearing apart is the landlord, maybe then he'll start vetting tenants properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

No sign of Duggy today at all? Hope hes alright, but has a good story to tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

While it is obvious this guy needs to be removed from the house it might be in everybody's best interest to stop painting him as some evil pyscopath and realise that he clearly has a serious problem and needs help. Drinking to excess is, in my opinion, a clear sign/sympton of some other underlying problem eg; abuse, loneliness, grief etc. This guy needs professional help and rehab, not an angry mob waiting to tear him apart.

In relation to the Gardai a picture is proof of nothing and all they have otherwise is Duggy's word. Lets leave the Garda bashing out of it. It's unfair, unecessary and won't help anyone.

Way to go Audrey, 35 pages of suspense and you bring up the "G***aB*****g" words. New record :rollseyes:

kelle wrote: »
    I agree with you there, but it doesn't excuse the danger he is to his housemates in when he goes on these binges.

The person that needs tearing apart is the landlord, maybe then he'll start vetting tenants properly.

Of course it doesn't,I never said otherwise.

I just don't think calling for him to be maimed/tourtured/killed is what's called for here.

Way to go Audrey, 35 pages of suspense and you bring up the "G***aB*****g" words. New record :rollseyes:

Get a grip. It's my opinion and I'll gladly express as and when I feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Uh-huh.

Fremen wrote: »

What? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Went to the Gardaì, showed them the picture but they told me they couldn't do anything either.
    Drunk guy with a knife walking around trying to kill somebody with a kitchen knife and the authority says they don't care. I've heard too many stories like that and one time something happened to me (years ago). My report has been ignored by them as well. That brings me to one conclusion:

Garda Siochana should be abolished and replaced by proper authority!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What? :confused:

This is afterhours. Like 4chan.Realistic advice is not reall welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Simon Adebisi

The reason why Duggy hasn't posted is obvious. He has been locked in mortal combat with the schizo for the last 6 or 7 hrs. Like the Jimmy & Timmy fight in South Park.

And it will end in Road House style when he rips schizo's throat out and kicks him into a lake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Ok, I'm worried. It's been nearly 12 hours since Duggy last made contact.
    Duggy's housemate hasn't posted either!

What should we do ????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

What should we do ????

Get donuts!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

What should we do ????

There's no other choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

I'm worried too but reckon he's surely told his friends and family, so, someone is keeping an eye out for him. Hope so anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

We could go over and try and save Duggy but when with all those boardsies knocking on his door to kick the **** out of him I fear it would look at bit like this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

The reason why Duggy hasn't posted is obvious. He has been locked in mortal combat with the schizo for the last 6 or 7 hrs. Like the Jimmy & Timmy fight in South Park.

And it will end in Road House style when he rips schizo's throat out and kicks him into a lake.

A good face kicking should sort him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Any word on Duggy today?????

You still out there Duggy? We're all waiting with baited breath... well maybe not with baited breath more like anticipation of a wake with donuts!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

:eek:

Ah Duggy, you're overdue a check-in here now! What's the latest? :)

Advertisement