Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

Anyone know the rough square yardage of the kitchen and hallway in the 4bed semi's? Cheers

Try the planning section of Kildare county council website and you can get access to loads of planning info including house plans. However, it's not the most user friendly as you need to install some software!

http://kildare.ie/Countycouncil/OnlineServices/OnlinePlanningEnquiries/#

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

kevint wrote: »
    Try the planning section of Kildare county council website and you can get access to loads of planning info including house plans. However, it's not the most user friendly as you need to install some software!

Just thought that maybe someone living there and on boards could give me an idea as trying to sort flooring and need roughh guide! Might try get up and see if someone around to let me measure show house!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Just thought that maybe someone living there and on boards could give me an idea as trying to sort flooring and need roughh guide! Might try get up and see if someone around to let me measure show house!

Try ringing Masons, i'm sure they can give you the details.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Liteview version doesn't need any extra software. Pain in the hole to use, but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Anybody have any news on the new phase of detached houses? I wonder have they been sold?

• Advertisement

Anybody have any news on the new phase of detached houses? I wonder have they been sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yanqingliqici

very rough ~ 50 m2... we are told it varies from house to house

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Hello TMS / MP131 / Whatever other alias you are using?

Apology - for what?? Like I told you a week ago, be specific if you have any issue with something I have stated and I will reply accordingly!!

245k buys a 4 bed 6 months ago. End of. Apology accepted.

245k buys a 4 bed 6 months ago. End of. Apology accepted.

So you say. No supporting evidence of this though in the property price register??

12/09/2012--- €242,290.00---- 20 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare.

• Advertisement

12/09/2012--- €242,290.00---- 20 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare.

This is VAT exclusive, add 13.5% and funny enough you get a nice even €275k. Now who's the clown?

This is VAT exclusive, add 13.5% and funny enough you get a nice even €275k. Now who's the clown?

Your the clown. Who ever presumed VAT wasn't going to be added? Why not put the cost of duvet covers while your at it?

Idiot!

"Information Note

The Residential Property Price Register is produced by the Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) pursuant to section 86 of the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011. It includes Date of Sale, Price and Address of all residential properties purchased in Ireland since the 1st January 2010, as declared to the Revenue Commissioners for stamp duty purposes

It is important to note that the Register is not intended as a "Property Price Index".

In a small number of transactions included in the Register the price shown does not represent the full market price of the property concerned for a variety of reasons. All such properties are marked **.

If the property is a new property, the price shown is exclusive of VAT at 13.5%."

For VAT:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html
    "Who pays VAT?
    VAT is a tax on consumer spending so everyone who pays for good and services pays VAT. It is built into the cost of many commonly consumed items such as clothing and petrol, so you don’t see what percentage of VAT you are paying. However, when you are buying items such as computers, electricity and professional services, you will see the amount of VAT and the rate at which you are being charged on your bill."

... If the solicitor of the buyer of 20 castlepark input the information properly on http://www.propertypriceregister.ie/, the buyer has paid at least 275K.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

"Information Note

The Residential Property Price Register is produced by the Property Services Regulatory Authority (PSRA) pursuant to section 86 of the Property Services (Regulation) Act 2011. It includes Date of Sale, Price and Address of all residential properties purchased in Ireland since the 1st January 2010, as declared to the Revenue Commissioners for stamp duty purposes

It is important to note that the Register is not intended as a "Property Price Index".

In a small number of transactions included in the Register the price shown does not represent the full market price of the property concerned for a variety of reasons. All such properties are marked **.

If the property is a new property, the price shown is exclusive of VAT at 13.5%."

For VAT:
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/duties_and_vat/value_added_tax.html
    "Who pays VAT?
    VAT is a tax on consumer spending so everyone who pays for good and services pays VAT. It is built into the cost of many commonly consumed items such as clothing and petrol, so you don’t see what percentage of VAT you are paying. However, when you are buying items such as computers, electricity and professional services, you will see the amount of VAT and the rate at which you are being charged on your bill."

... If the solicitor of the buyer of 20 castlepark input the information properly on http://www.propertypriceregister.ie/, the buyer has paid at least 275K.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

One born every minute...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

One born every minute...

Great come back...

It's probably time you admit defeat and accept that the houses are great value for money! People are happy to buy them and live there... If you haven't bought one and have no intention of buying one I don't understand why you care so much about it!!

One born every minute...

Address Information
    20 Castlepark Avenue
    Dunboyne Road
    Maynooth

Kildare
    Sale Information
    Date of Sale: 12/09/2012
    Price: €242,290.00
    Not Full Market Price: No
    VAT Exclusive: Yes
    Description of Property: New Dwelling house /Apartment
    Property Size Desc.: greater than or equal to 38 sq metres and less than 125 sq metres

Give it up TMS - you're embarrassing yourself!!

Address Information
    20 Castlepark Avenue
    Dunboyne Road
    Maynooth

Kildare
    Sale Information
    Date of Sale: 12/09/2012
    Price: €242,290.00
    Not Full Market Price: No
    VAT Exclusive: Yes
    Description of Property: New Dwelling house /Apartment
    Property Size Desc.: greater than or equal to 38 sq metres and less than 125 sq metres

Give it up TMS - you're embarrassing yourself!!

Embarrassed in my 6x3 garden x

SusieP wrote: »
    Great come back...

It's probably time you admit defeat and accept that the houses are great value for money! People are happy to buy them and live there... If you haven't bought one and have no intention of buying one I don't understand why you care so much about it!!

We will resurrect this thread in 18 months time and talk about how great value these houses really are.

One final question- how is it even legal to squash houses into an area so small???

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

We will resurrect this thread in 18 months time and talk about how great value these houses really are.

One final question- how is it even legal to squash houses into an area so small???

:D

Yes we will. I'm sure you will have more incorrect "facts" to entertain us then!

And by the way, I'd rather have a small garden and amazing house than a big garden and enough bitterness to kill a lemon!!!! But then again.. There's one born every minute!

Embarrassed in my 6x3 garden x

You're starting to sound like Lance Armstrong............. so sad!!

• Advertisement

SusieP wrote: »
    Yes we will. I'm sure you will have more incorrect "facts" to entertain us then!

And by the way, I'd rather have a small garden and amazing house than a big garden and enough bitterness to kill a lemon!!!! But then again.. There's one born every minute!

18 months- talk soon.

The difference between the value of an asset and the outstanding portion of the loan taken out to pay for the asset, when the latter exceeds the former. Negative equity can result from a decline in the value of an asset after it is purchased.

You're starting to sound like Lance Armstrong............. so sad!!

What has a disgusting sports cheat got to do with Negative Equity.

Send in the clowns.

What has a disgusting sports cheat got to do with Negative Equity.

Send in the clowns.

Like yourself he continues to be deluded in the belief that he is right despite overwhelming evidence.
    Did I really need to spell it out for you?.......... I guess I did!!

18 months- talk soon.

The difference between the value of an asset and the outstanding portion of the loan taken out to pay for the asset, when the latter exceeds the former. Negative equity can result from a decline in the value of an asset after it is purchased.

It's interesting to observe how people use terms superficially - if you are really into this, wikipedia is handy.

FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_equity

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cardar

Anyone any update on latest 10 detached houses released last week. Try and get back on topic!

cardar wrote: »
    Anyone any update on latest 10 detached houses released last week. Try and get back on topic!

Yeah I was up on site on Friday looking at the house I'm buying and was chatting to the builder, he said they're all sold, didn't go into prices or anything but it's great they're selling. There are 4 semi detached left in the second row of semi d's so they're not as quick to sell as the detached but the estate seems to be a success so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Cop on guys. Personal abuse not welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 78,303 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Anyone know the rough square yardage of the kitchen and hallway in the 4bed semi's? Cheers
    You really need to check the individual house when ordering as sizes will vary.

Yeah I was up on site on Friday looking at the house I'm buying and was chatting to the builder, he said they're all sold, didn't go into prices or anything but it's great they're selling. There are 4 semi detached left in the second row of semi d's so they're not as quick to sell as the detached but the estate seems to be a success so far!

Surprised, thought the builder might say they weren't selling.

• Advertisement

It's interesting to observe how people use terms superficially - if you are really into this, wikipedia is handy.

FYI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_equity

Alright.

I had an offer of 245 accepted for a 4 bed semi on March 17 this year. Fact. Anybody who doesn't want to believe that then go ahead and pretend it's 2007 forever. I'm only trying to help.

Now what about this:

02/04/2012 : €380,000.00 4 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare

Ok, so here's a house in the estate that fetched a whopping 380,000- oh no wait it was actually a snip at (E380,000 + VAT applicable @ 13.5%) E431,300.

So E431,300 eh? Now can you tell me why in the worst property crash of modern times in a country loose at the seams indebted up to it's mammary glands would someone pay well over the odds?

Something is not quite right.

Advertisement