Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Oh thanks that's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jamontoast

Having lived in both a north and south facing house, the difference is substantial, north facing kitchen v cold and dark, whilst front of house flooded with light(not much good when you spend most of day in kitchen and dining area), also no sun or heat in back garden on nice day, and stays very wet and boggy after raining, south facing is lovely and warm, bright all day in back of house and garden

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Wonder would the skylights in the kitchen in the semi detached counteract the gloominess of a north facing garden? Showhouse seemed unbelievably bright!

Thought a north facing garden might get evening sun, good for BBQs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sokol7998

Jammie01 wrote: »
    Wonder would the skylights in the kitchen in the semi detached counteract the gloominess of a north facing garden? Showhouse seemed unbelievably bright!

Thought a north facing garden might get evening sun, good for BBQs etc?

As far as I remember, when I was doing simulations, sunlight will be at around 12 -13 o'clock (in summer) in the garden ( north facing), enough for free light in the kitchen and BBQs in the summer. I personally prefer to have sunlight in the afternoon than in the mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

From viewing our house over last few weeks and have been looking at the light situation. The skylights do provide a lot of brightness into the kitchen. Yes a south facing garden would be ideal but can't have it all the time! It does seem a bit dark but hoping our tiles once laid in kitchen will brighten it up a bit!

Garden looks as if it will get some light in evenings, hard to tell in winter but could be decent enough, just have to wait and see really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Got my keys yesterday! House looks gorgeous! The quality of the finish is excellent and the builders have said they will be around for anything we need even with sale closed. Looking forward to moving in!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Congrats on getting the keys :) now the fun starts. I have my keys nearly
    11 months and still plenty i need to do around the house, so much to do
    so little time/money to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cardar

Hi, just a quick question on layout of detached house, if anyone could clarify that would be great. Is the layout of the house reversed for the houses behind the show house, in comparison from show house. Ie if at front door of show house living room is left family room right. But on viewing houses behind. Same style detached, living room is to the right, family room to the left, looking from the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭looters

How much are you paying for these houses,

They are listed here http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=13644 but are massively overpriced arent they?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Careful, there'll be an owner along in a minute insisting that nobody has got a single cent off the asking on any house in the development (because they paid full price).

But yes, they're massively overpriced.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    Careful, there'll be an owner along in a minute insisting that nobody has got a single cent off the asking on any house in the development (because they paid full price).

But yes, they're massively overpriced.[/Quot

You get what you pay for..... Simple as! You won't find a house built to this standard in such a handy location. Plus it is a buyers market and them prices are only asking prices it's up to the buyer to negotiate!

Those of you who have no intention of buying one of these houses are better off staying off this thread because your opinions aren't wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

So, you don't want people telling you you paid too much. Head in the sand much?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

But yes, they're massively overpriced.[/Quot

You get what you pay for..... Simple as! You won't find a house built to this standard in such a handy location. Plus it is a buyers market and them prices are only asking prices it's up to the buyer to negotiate!

Those of you who have no intention of buying one of these houses are better off staying off this thread because your opinions aren't wanted.

Hi
    Got to agree with New girl here - I've inspected 5 in the estate and the build quality / standard / fit & features are of a very high standard.
    Also many options available - level of finish will be reflected in the price - thus the variation from unit to unit.

Also if anyone thinks the price is high in 2012 / 2013 - just thank your lucky stars you didn't buy a similar house in Maynooth 7 years ago, you'd be wiping your tears with mortgage statements if you did. - :D
    mike f

Not wanted by who, you?

I am looking around at different houses. Was just curious what the actual prices are. You dont own the internets.

I would consider if a massive percent came off.

Can I ask, Ive been looking into the price register on these houses.

There are two dated in this month. What is the info on these, I assume they are both detached houses. But has one person paid 40k more then the other. Or is there a big difference with the houses.

11/12/2012 €340,087.00 4 Castlepark Drive, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth
    19/12/2012 €380,500.00 6 Castlepark Drive, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth

Also, I thought the way things are we were looking at at least 20 percent off asking prices, which should put them at max 300k since they are asking for 380k. Or is each house differenct price.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SusieP

looters wrote: »

Not wanted by who, you?

I am looking around at different houses. Was just curious what the actual prices are. You dont own the internets.

As someone already pointed out the prices on daft are asking prices and not final sale prices. If you are that interested I suggest you take a look at the property price register, bearing in mind that about 13% needs to be added to those figures.
    These houses are finished to a much much higher standard than your average newly built house. You should go see the show house if you haven't already. Quality justifies price... you get what you pay for!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

There are two dated in this month. What is the info on these, I assume they are both detached houses. But has one person paid 40k more then the other. Or is there a big difference with the houses.

Also, I thought the way things are we were looking at at least 20 percent off asking prices, which should put them at max 300k since they are asking for 380k. Or is each house differenct price.

There are a good few mistakes in the property price register with new house prices. They should be listed minus VAT @ 13.5%. which the house at 340,087 is. Multiply that by 1.135 to add VAT you get 385,999 so it probably sold for 386,000.

There are a good few mistakes in the property price register with new house prices. They should be listed minus VAT @ 13.5%. which the house at 340,087 is. Multiply that by 1.135 to add VAT you get 385,999 so it probably sold for 386,000.

So the one at 380 was bought for 431!?

SusieP wrote: »

As someone already pointed out the prices on daft are asking prices and not final sale prices. If you are that interested I suggest you take a look at the property price register, bearing in mind that about 13% needs to be added to those figures.
    These houses are finished to a much much higher standard than your average newly built house. You should go see the show house if you haven't already. Quality justifies price... you get what you pay for!

Ill have to go and have a look, they would want to be very very very very very very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

So the one at 380 was bought for 431!?

No i doubt it. When you look at the listed price in the register, if it ends with multiple zeros it probably has VAT included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kieran6

Some houses on the register are with vat and others without vat, just depends what the solicitor submitted the price as.€340,087.00 + 13.5% vat is around €380,000. These houses hav been sold in a closed bid due to the demand, and the average asking price has gone up to €397,000 for the latest phase just sold due to demand. All of them sold off the plans, and not due to be built until the end of the year. Initially I thought, easily 10-20% reduction on them. But after some research realised that the demand for them is very high ( hence this thread), and from viewing them, there's very few houses in the country built to this quality. The ber rating alone will save a lot of money and help sustain its value. It's a personal choice really, buy these houses at a high quality finish, or buy a cheaper one and spend a lot of money improving it. It would be expensive to upgrade to this quality tho. That's my opinion, I bought and am delighted with it!

SusieP wrote: »

Ill have to go and have a look, they would want to be very very very very very very very good.

That they are!! :)

Prices going above asking....now that is rare.
    Ill go out and check these out. When you say build quality is like no other, what specifically sets these apart?.

Prices going above asking....now that is rare.
    Ill go out and check these out. When you say build quality is like no other, what specifically sets these apart?.

In some cases where prices went above asking it may be due to the buyers wanting extras such as an attic conversion, built shed etc.
    Well for a start the BER rating sets them apart - that will really help them hold their value and it is attractive as the bills will be kept down etc. Secondly, the 4 bed semi, for example, is bigger than your average one in an estate. Then there's the layout... Amazing big bright living area and kitchen to the back. Plus the finishing touches and details... For example the doors, windows, stove, floored attic and lighting are all above average spec in an average house!!
    Before we settled on castlepark we saw lots of houses, new and old, in the whole leixlip maynooth region. Many of these were asking for the same or more money as the houses in castlepark but they were nowhere near the standard of them. It was a no brainer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Not wanted by who, you?

Lol! you wont be moving to Castlepark then! Houses are amazing worth every penny!

Lol! you wont be moving to Castlepark then! Houses are amazing worth every penny!

Lol, no I certainly wont. I might buy one when the detached hit 250k

Lol, no I certainly wont. I might buy one when the detached hit 250k

Hope you're ready for a long wait!

Hope you're ready for a long wait!

A year aint that long. Thats my prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kieran6

A year aint that long. Thats my prediction.[/

That's a long shot. Have u got an end of world prediction too?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

I'm sorry but that's pie in the sky - 250 K for a detached unit.
    There are other estates in Maynooth where value might be achieved - but castle park your paying for what you get. High spec. throughout.
    Products used and features you don't normally get in estate / developments - most are usually found in one off builds.
    The stove / fire / marble mantle & solar system alone in the properties are easily 10 K.
    Its one thing to get a bargain from a home that's sitting in the housing stock - or belongs to a bank and is being vended by a receiver. Its another thing to expect a trading developer like Mason homes to just give homes away that they are for all intensive purposes building to order.
    If there is any blips in the market - or further periods of stagnation (which is likely over the coming years) - they will slow the pace of build while keeping up the obvious demand for the homes.
    We are getting booked for inspections many months in advance, for homes that are barely at first fix level, again testament for the demand and eagerness of buyers to get in to the homes.
    Also c/ park is just enough outside the village that you think your in the country, but 5 minute walk and your on the main street.
    Maynooth, super commuter town, straddled by 2 main motorways, commuter rail link, buses, intercity, colleges, schools - I could keep on going on & on.

If there was a wager, I'd bet they will trend up in price with the market as it gains, and if the market dips they will stay in and around the same price as they are at present.
    mf

Advertisement