Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

I have purchased a 4 bed detached and was part of the last phase which is currently under construction. When that phase became available, 18 bids were received for 10 houses. Not sure what all 10 houses went for in the end (propertyregister.ie will tell us that, when they get it corrected and accurate) but if they have raised it to €397,500, it sounds like the interest is indeed there, and so demand may out-weigh supply.

I am also a first time buyer, and maybe a little too eager in ringing the builders with this question and that, but I have to say they are very responsive and great to deal with re. changes, etc.

I'm delighted with my decision anyway, Best of luck to you what ever you decide.

So Rebelcoonanski (also posting as Rebelski on this forum) please tell us how you know 18 bids were received for 10 houses???

So because the property price register shows several houses were sold below asking price you say the Revenue/House Price Register got it completely wrong???

Once again I smell BS from vested interests:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 yanqingliqici

It seems the houses on the ave are all sold and people have moved in. New phase is being built very quickly... You can see it yourself if you visit the site... ...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Is it realistic that a vested interest would try and flog houses via boards ? And would anyone really be influenced when making a purchase based on what someone has posted here ???

There is a lot of good pratcical discussion on this thread, let's have more of it and less he said you said !

uote=MaxPower131;81281938]

So Rebelcoonanski (also posting as Rebelski on this forum) please tell us how you know 18 bids were received for 10 houses???

So because the property price register shows several houses were sold below asking price you say the Revenue/House Price Register got it completely wrong???

Once again I smell BS from vested interests:rolleyes:[/Quote]

Is it realistic that a vested interest would try and flog houses via boards ? And would anyone really be influenced when making a purchase based on what someone has posted here ???

There is a lot of good pratcical discussion on this thread, let's have more of it and less he said you said !

uote=MaxPower131;81281938]

Once again I smell BS from vested interests:rolleyes:[/Quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

dernipper wrote: »

Apparently I'm an Estate Agent, or so I've been told ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Is it realistic that a vested interest would try and flog houses via boards ?

Someone desperate to convince themselves that they haven't lost money is a 'vested interest' also.

I'm just a good boardsie following forum rules:D

Commercial advertising is not permitted without permission. The overt promotion of commercial activity and the use of the board as a vehicle for such are forbidden in accordance with the general rules of boards.ie.

I'm just a good boardsie following forum rules:D

Commercial advertising is not permitted without permission. The overt promotion of commercial activity and the use of the board as a vehicle for such are forbidden in accordance with the general rules of boards.ie.

Here we go again with the conspiracy theories.........

So does that mean that someone who is desperate to convince themselves that someone is a vested interested is a vested interest also !!!

Tis all gone mad Ted !!!
    MYOB wrote: »

Someone desperate to convince themselves that they haven't lost money is a 'vested interest' also.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

So does that mean that someone who is desperate to convince themselves that someone is a vested interested is a vested interest also !!!

Tis all gone mad Ted !!!

I'd never buy north of the canal :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Is there anyone already living in their house who has had problems with condensation on the windows? Random question I know but I have concerns about ventilation in the houses because they are so air tight and I drove by the estate this evening and the windows in all the houses looked foggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Is there anyone already living in their house who has had problems with condensation on the windows? Random question I know but I have concerns about ventilation in the houses because they are so air tight and I drove by the estate this evening and the windows in all the houses looked foggy?

There is plenty of ventilation. Every room has an air vent. They have to by
    law. Its strange they seal up everywhere then have to put in a 4" hole :)

The condensation on the windows is on the outside not the inside, well for
    me at least. i am assuming its due to triple glazing and not enough heat
    getting out to clear it.

djivide_ wrote: »

There is plenty of ventilation. Every room has an air vent. They have to by
    law. Its strange they seal up everywhere then have to put in a 4" hole :)

The condensation on the windows is on the outside not the inside, well for
    me at least. i am assuming its due to triple glazing and not enough heat
    getting out to clear it.

That's great thanks for replying so quickly I just noticed all the foggy windows and I was a bit worried and also had been reading online about a rated homes needing heat recovery systems but theres obviously enough ventilation which is great!

Has anyone made any changes to the granite type in the kitchen, and if so was there additional cost?

Also, has anyone installed a fireplace surround and have you any tips / recommendations?

Cheers!!

kevint wrote: »
    Has anyone made any changes to the granite type in the kitchen, and if so was there additional cost?

Also, has anyone installed a fireplace surround and have you any tips / recommendations?

Cheers!!

I changed the granite and no there was no additional charge for changing it. Depending on what you go for there might be a charge compared to the allowance. The developers will put you in contact with the supplier and he will let you know of any price difference. There was a charge for getting an extra piece behind the range as a splash guard, something like 300 or 400 euro cant remember great idea though and would recomend it.

I didnt go for a fireplace surround but did go for a gas fired fire instead of a wood buring fire. Picked the one I wanted at heiton buckleys and paid the difference in the cost.

Bit puzzled what to do with fireplace, has anyone hung a flat screen tv above the fire?

Cheers!!

Bit puzzled what to do with fireplace, has anyone hung a flat screen tv above the fire?
    I have changed to a more traditional looking wood burner stove rather than the inset type like the showhouse. I was told that you should never hang a tv over one of the flat inset fires as the heat is so strong coming from them. If you had a mantle shelf over it, it would block the heat a little bit and maybe it would be ok to hang a tv above. Although in most fireplace shops I was in they didn't recommend hanging a tv over a woodburner at all.

djivide_ wrote: »
    I changed the granite and no there was no additional charge for changing it. Depending on what you go for there might be a charge compared to the allowance. The developers will put you in contact with the supplier and he will let you know of any price difference. There was a charge for getting an extra piece behind the range as a splash guard, something like 300 or 400 euro cant remember great idea though and would recomend it.

I didnt go for a fireplace surround but did go for a gas fired fire instead of a wood buring fire. Picked the one I wanted at heiton buckleys and paid the difference in the cost.

Thanks djivide. Can you tell me the name and colour of the granite you changed it too?
    The supplier quoted us 260euro to change to Arigna Black granite along with 70euro to drill a hole in the island for a pop up socket - sounds like he is having a laugh but I may be wrong??

Thanks djivide. Can you tell me the name and colour of the granite you changed it too?
    The supplier quoted us 260euro to change to Arigna Black granite along with 70euro to drill a hole in the island for a pop up socket - sounds like he is having a laugh but I may be wrong??

To be honest i cant remember the name, its a beige/cream coloured granite. but i went for dark walnut units so wanted something bright to go with them. I remember someone else getting granite before and certain blank granites can be very expensive.

As for the pop up socket I went for two dual plug sockets hidden under the bit of granite that sticks out rather than the pop up as i have known people with the pop up that have spilt liquids into them and others that have broken them. In general i wouldnt be a fan of the pop up sockets.

Thanks, Got the same advice too, was informed the mantle piece could be an option but very unlikely to go for that, just wondering if anyone else had considered it, the stove sounds like a good idea,, never thought of it at the time :(

Quote=Newgirl2012;81353484]
    I have changed to a more traditional looking wood burner stove rather than the inset type like the showhouse. I was told that you should never hang a tv over one of the flat inset fires as the heat is so strong coming from them. If you had a mantle shelf over it, it would block the heat a little bit and maybe it would be ok to hang a tv above. Although in most fireplace shops I was in they didn't recommend hanging a tv over a woodburner at all.[/Quote]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Hello all. I hope some of you listened to me. I feel sorry for those who paid such wildly varying prices for houses with a 6x4 garden.

Kevint- you are a clown or an Estate agent. Either way just go away and stop trying to talk poor unfortunates into overpaying for houses in the worst economic downturn we have ever seen.

Houses are about to get a whole lot cheaper.

Rebelski wrote: »
    Thanks for the update tellm me whatever, but your post seems to be factless, and a little bit raving.. . . .. .

You've just mentioned no one has said 245K to you, so is this a figure you are coming up with yourself? If so, it just sounds like a shot in the dark, so i fail to see the relevance of your post.

"They didn't offer it, you have to be prepared to walk away- builders will take your hand off"

It just sounds like you were in no way inclined making a serious offer in this estate, because it looks like you can't back up your arguement by saying you even tried to negotiate with a builder?

There have been 33 houses sold to date. with another 10 in progess as we speak. If you look at earliar fact based posts, you will see where its actually one of the more popular estates in the country at the moment.

Apology?

Interesting little flurry of activity on this thread!
    At least we seem to have established a few things such as that 245k was accepted.... actually it wasn't accepted.... actually it was accepted.... crikey I'm getting confused here by this flip flopping unverifable account??
    Anyway, "tellmesomethin" figures of 8 years and 3 years are confirmed as just a "crazy guess" by a contributor who appears to have zero previous experience in the property market.
    I have purchased a detached in this estate which is currently under construction, and having previously owned a 4 bed semi in Lucan and having spent the last 3 years closely watching the housing market in the area of Lucan, Maynooth, Leixlip and Celbridge I can confidently say that when everything is considered Castlepark offers far better value than anything else I have seen in this area. Who knows where the propertry market will go over the next few years, there are some signs of it stablising and the economy seems to have stabilised over the last 2 years - albeit it at a very low point, but even an economy with 15% unemployed will have a property market bottom which in this case is now approximately 55% below the quite ridiculous peak prices of 2007.

Apology? :cool:

Apology? :cool:

Hello TMS / MP131 / Whatever other alias you are using?

Apology - for what?? Like I told you a week ago, be specific if you have any issue with something I have stated and I will reply accordingly!!

Interesting..... if you look at the posting history of those "talking up" prices in this development their only contribution to boards has been solely on the Castlepark thread and of course they only joined boards.ie as soon as this thread started.

Of course the squeaky clean nature of Mr. Pyrite and a certain EA would never try anything underhanded *cough*

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=448090

Interesting..... if you look at the posting history of those "talking up" prices in this development their only contribution to boards has been solely on the Castlepark thread and of course they only joined boards.ie as soon as this thread started.

Of course the squeaky clean nature of Mr. Pyrite and a certain EA would never try anything underhanded *cough*

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=448090

Just like your alias - TMS..... the "other" Pyrite poster!!

Time to move on guy(s)!

Sorry kevint I've been posting here for close on five years on a variety of diiferent forums, unlike you I'm not a one trick pony.

Now back you go to talking up the market.........

Sorry kevint I've been posting here for close on five years on a variety of diiferent forums, unlike you I'm not a one trick pony.

Now back you go to talking up the market.........

Good for you on your long lost crusade! Now go and log in as TMS and have another rant.....

P.S. I challenged you a few weeks back to provide just one quote from my posts that was factually inaccurate
    ....... couldn't find any??
    .....thought so
    ...your comeback will no doubt be to call me an Estate Agent again...Yawn

Perhaps this thread should be reserved for people who are actually interested in living in castlepark! If you're not interested in buying in this estate then mind your own business and start a new haters of castlepark thread or something because this is just getting boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Anyone know the rough square yardage of the kitchen and hallway in the 4bed semi's? Cheers

Advertisement