Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Date of Sale Price Address
    15/12/2011 €328,700.00 Site 7 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare
    25/01/2012 €334,802.00 No. 8 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    02/04/2012 €380,000.00 4 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare
    20/04/2012 €251,100.00 11 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    18/06/2012 €236,563.87 12 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    19/06/2012 €346,600.00 3 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    10/07/2012 €263,000.00 3 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    10/07/2012 €251,101.32 No 16 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Dunboyne Road Maynooth, Kildare
    20/07/2012 €244,493.39 18 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    26/07/2012 €238,767.00 15 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Dunboyne Road Maynooth, Kildare
    22/08/2012 €245,814.97 21 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    12/09/2012 €242,290.00 20 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare

Seems the figures make sense as is...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

Date of Sale Price Address
    15/12/2011 €328,700.00 Site 7 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare
    25/01/2012 €334,802.00 No. 8 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    02/04/2012 €380,000.00 4 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare
    20/04/2012 €251,100.00 11 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    18/06/2012 €236,563.87 12 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    19/06/2012 €346,600.00 3 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    10/07/2012 €263,000.00 3 Castlepark Avenue, Maynooth, Kildare
    10/07/2012 €251,101.32 No 16 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Dunboyne Road Maynooth, Kildare
    20/07/2012 €244,493.39 18 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    26/07/2012 €238,767.00 15 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Dunboyne Road Maynooth, Kildare
    22/08/2012 €245,814.97 21 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare
    12/09/2012 €242,290.00 20 Castlepark Avenue, Dunboyne Road, Maynooth, Kildare

Seems the figures make sense as is...

As stated in the price register these prices are ex VAT!!

If you don't believe that then you must think people are literally haggling prices down to the last cent. e.g. Either someone at #21 agreed a price of €245,814.97 or they paid €279,000 (= €245,814.97 x 1.135).

kevint wrote: »
    As stated in the price register these prices are ex VAT!!

If you don't believe that then you must think people are literally haggling prices down to the last cent. e.g. Either someone at #21 agreed a price of €245,814.97 or they paid €279,000 (= €245,814.97 x 1.135).

02/04/2012 : €380,000.00 4 Castlepark Avenue, Castlepark, Maynooth, Kildare

Ok, so here's a house in the estate that was (E380,000 + VAT applicable @ 13.5%) E431,300.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Ok, so here's a house in the estate that was (E380,000 + VAT applicable @ 13.5%) E431,300.
    ?

There are plenty of rich people left in this country tellmesomething!!! Deal with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

?

Like any large database the PPR has plenty of errors. Some are easy to spot such as this one - unless of course you still believe that prices are being agreed to irregular figures which magically equate to a nice even figure when 13.5% VAT is added. In this case the incl VAT price was listed when the ex VAT price should have been listed.
    But no doubt you won't believe me so I e-mailed the price register to query this and the response is as below:
    pprquery.jpg
    PPR Query.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 entenwo

There are two different types of houses in Castlepark Avenue! 1-8 are detached, 9 is the showhouse, 10-23 are semi-detached.
    As the houses are sold without an attic conversion, some purchasers have the attic converted by the builder and some have not.
    Furthermore you can agree all kinds of changes in the house with the builder; people change the layout of the rooms, knock down walls, have patio areas or even solid built sheds in the garden, change radiarors, bathroom units, fireplaces etc.
    So the different house prices in the register seem to reflect the different sizes of the houses and the individual decisions of the purchasers.
    It seems to be as simple as that!

There are plenty of rich people left in this country tellmesomething!!! Deal with it!

Rich? 431K would hardly be considered rich????

You wouldn't want to have notions- A girl i know intends to rent out her house while "living" there- reckons there's an endless supply of students.

You wouldn't want to have notions- A girl i know intends to rent out her house while "living" there- reckons there's an endless supply of students.
    Why are you on this thread tellmesomething? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this estate! Weird!

Why are you on this thread tellmesomething? You seem to have an unhealthy obsession with this estate! Weird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

Tellmesomething, your talking through your absolute hoop. Your a ****ing eejit and don't have a clue. In the nicest possible way, would you ever **** off and stop acting like a little dickhead.

Good lad

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tina27

Hi

I am looking at buying a four bed Semi. Does anyone know the cost of converting the attic? ALso where woud the stairs be as the ladder to attic was in the ensuite of the show room.

Can anyone also tell me what they have paid for 4 bed semi recently?

Tina27 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking at buying a four bed Semi. Does anyone know the cost of converting the attic? ALso where woud the stairs be as the ladder to attic was in the ensuite of the show room.

Can anyone also tell me what they have paid for 4 bed semi recently?

Hey Tina, were getting a conversion Done in our 4 bed, one of the reasons for buying the 4 bed. We lost our box room at the front of our house for the stairs to go up.

Conversions range from 9-13k, depending on what your after with it ie. plumbing for toilet, insulation etc.

We havnt been able to see any converted houses as examples so were hoping it should turn out great! Happens after the build.

Cheers

Hi Nick

I seen through the window of a house down from the show room where the attic is converted and I could see the stairs in the box room. Is the attic room bigger than the current box room?

Do you mind me asking what you paid for the four bed semi?

Are you paying the builder to do the tilling etc or just doing it yourself.

We went to see the show house yesterday and are very interested in buying so are going back again on Saturday in the day light for a proper look.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

Tina,

Sale agreed prices and final prices will differ on all house due to changes made as the build progresses. Check the property price register - or just go back a page or two on this thread, you can see how much houses were finally sold for.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tellmesomething, your talking through your absolute hoop. Your a ****ing eejit and don't have a clue. In the nicest possible way, would you ever **** off and stop acting like a little dickhead.

Good lad
    No need for comments like this.

Tina27 wrote: »
    Hi Nick

I seen through the window of a house down from the show room where the attic is converted and I could see the stairs in the box room. Is the attic room bigger than the current box room?

Do you mind me asking what you paid for the four bed semi?

Are you paying the builder to do the tilling etc or just doing it yourself.

We went to see the show house yesterday and are very interested in buying so are going back again on Saturday in the day light for a proper look.

Cheers[/Quote

Hi tina

I'm nicknacks other half!! We'd prefer to keep what we paid for the house to ourselves if thats alright! There's definitely room for negotiation when it comes to agreeing on a price though.... We did a lot of that!
    The attic room is much bigger than the box room, id say it's the size of the master bedroom if not bigger! When you view the showhouse again just pull down the ladder into the attic and go up for a look. The estate agent or whoever is showing you around should explain options for the conversion!

Tiling in the bathrooms including the floors comes included as per showhouse but no other tiling is included! We'll prob get our own tiler to do anything else once the sale closes! Think it will work out cheaper!

Good luck with the viewing at the weekend, feel free to keep asking the questions. Will try our best to answer them!

Hi Newgirl

Thanks for that. I understand you want keep the price to yourself, We will negotiate on price so !

Cheers

Martina

Good lad

Dear Lord. I hope no poor kid kicks a wayward football in your garden.

Shaping up to be a quite respectable neighborhood already... cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Football,, awfully common :) !!!

Dear Lord. I hope no poor kid kicks a wayward football in your garden.

Shaping up to be a quite respectable neighborhood already... cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sokol7998

Does anyone asked builders for concrete base under garden shed? What would be the price for it? Also, the roof for side entrance, does anyone asked for it, I have seen it in some houses and it's great extra storage option, I know Manson can do it but no idea for how much

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kieran6

Hey, just purchased a 4 bed semi-d due to be completed in march. We're planning to extend the master bedroom into the smaller bedroom and convert the attack. Has anyone done anything similar and know an approx price range for the changes?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RebelCoonanski

sokol7998 wrote: »
    Does anyone asked builders for concrete base under garden shed? What would be the price for it?

I have asked for a quote, still waiting to hear back. I'm considering getting either the foundations or slab in at this stage, and complete later.
    I also asked for a quote for a fully finished shed, A pitched roof etc to resemble the house. Won't be going for that i'm afraid! While some people told me it was reasonable, I thought it was alot. (~€10,000) My brother inlaw is a brickie, so I'll be looking calling in the favour.

I have asked for a quote, still waiting to hear back. I'm considering getting either the foundations or slab in at this stage, and complete later.
    I also asked for a quote for a fully finished shed, A pitched roof etc to resemble the house. Won't be going for that i'm afraid! While some people told me it was reasonable, I thought it was alot. (~€10,000) My brother inlaw is a brickie, so I'll be looking calling in the favour.

I was thinking about slab as well,and yes, I have heard that the price for bricked shed is around 10k, definitely I will get wooden shed.
    Let me know if you get any news on the price for a slab

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Jammie01

Anyone already moved in mind giving a rough estimate of an electricity bill and heating for these houses? Is it much cheaper than your previous bills? Or has the builder/EA given an indication of how much you might save on these homes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RebelCoonanski

sokol7998 wrote: »
    Let me know if you get any news on the price for a slab

Will do. I also asked about just getting foundations in and burying it under the seeded lawn, so I can dig it out when I have a few bob again!

Will do. I also asked about just getting foundations in and burying it under the seeded lawn, so I can dig it out when I have a few bob again!

Good Idea :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

Jammie01 wrote: »
    Anyone already moved in mind giving a rough estimate of an electricity bill and heating for these houses? Is it much cheaper than your previous bills? Or has the builder/EA given an indication of how much you might save on these homes? Thanks

I am in a detached house and gas bill this year so far is 530.96 euro.
    I personally had the heating set too high at the start and coming on too
    often before I even moved into the house which was my own fault so
    probably wasted 100+ euro. Probably was a connection fee etc at the start not 100% sure

Bill for September and October was 80 euro, June,July + most of August was 12.62 euro.

As for electricity, how long is a piece of string. all depends on what you have running in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

I am considering this option http://gardenshedsforsale.biz/clane-steel-garden-sheds/

Note does not include concrete foundations, not sure if I will go with this but under consideration

• Advertisement

dernipper wrote: »
    I am considering this option http://gardenshedsforsale.biz/clane-steel-garden-sheds/

Note does not include concrete foundations, not sure if I will go with this but under consideration

I saw this at the Ideal Homes this year in the RDS and seemed to be a nice little shed tbh. Dosn't need the concrete foundations as said which is great if you wanted to move it again! Strong consideration for these as they seem well built and good and sturdy. And prices look decent enough also! Just make sure you dont buy one too big for your size garden thats all!!

Advertisement