Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

To get off the subject of name bashing etc.... is there anyone on this thread who has bought in Castlepark and is living in their completed house? Any advice for a nervous first time buyer, tips on what I should get done during the build etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

Rebelski never said not to negotiate.

So Rebelski closes his/her account (or has it shut by the mods) and then hours later another poster called Rebelcoonanski opens an account who then defends Rebelski. Mmmmmmmmmmm:eek:

I suppose its in line with the spoof and lies of an minority on this thread.

kevint wrote: »
    Oh dear MP131 you really don't know when to stop digging. You've made an ASS of yourself with your rash posts yesterday so please stop now, I'm cringing just reading your lamentable posts!

You are clearly convinced that anyone with any opinion contrary to your own is simply incapable of making an objective assessment and you resort to baseless accusations and conspiracy theories in an attempt to discredit them.

I, unlike yourself perhaps am capable of basic maths, and the property price register information has put to rest any lingering doubts I may have had about purchasing here.

Anyway, I've had enough of this thread and responding to this nonsense...

(Would appreciate it if you left out the personal attacks, subjective remarks and hyperbole)

Do as I say not as I do...........

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

Do as I say not as I do...........

I'll stand by these remarks as being entirely factual - particularly the first, I'll refer to your posts as evidence of same.

Kevint I thought you had left us??? Desperation is a terrible thing. Every bit of spoof you have tried on this thread talking up the market has been shot down. Trying to keep the thread going to get some vunerable buyers in is just not going to work. We'll be here to keep it truthful:D

As I said earlier......

Listen if you really have purchased here its time to move on. You have obviously been done over by a cute EA and are not a happy camper. Take it on the chin, put it down to a bad experience and move on. Attacking every poster apart from Rebelski that queries anything about this development won't get your money back.

Now take a hike:D

• Advertisement

Kevint I thought you had left us??? Desperation is a terrible thing. Every bit of spoof you have tried on this thread talking up the market has been shot down. Trying to keep the thread going to get some vunerable buyers in is just not going to work. We'll be here to keep it truthful:D

As I said earlier......

Now take a hike:D

As I stated in my earlier post, be specific if you have an issue with a post of mine and I will reply accordingly.....

Kevint, I have wasted far too much time and energy on you to go through 13 pages and multiquote your spoof. Particularly with your ahem lovely manners:rolleyes:

We'd had our exchanges, most posters here agree with me apart from Rebelski/Rebelcoonanski. Now just let potential buyers read this thread and make up their own minds..........

Kevint, I have wasted far too much time and energy on you to go through 13 pages and multiquote your spoof. Particularly with your ahem lovely manners:rolleyes:

We'd had our exchanges, most posters here agree with me apart from Rebelski/Rebelcoonanski. Now just let potential buyers read this thread and make up their own minds..........

No need to be nasty to me WM131, we were getting on so well.
    Just one quote would have done fine but obviously you can't find one....

And yes of course everyone agrees with you particularly your various pseudonyms!

To get off the subject of name bashing etc.... is there anyone on this thread who has bought in Castlepark and is living in their completed house? Any advice for a nervous first time buyer, tips on what I should get done during the build etc?

I think I may be at a similar stage to yourself, but what advice I can offer is to use the opportunity to now get things done as you wish rather than accept things you are unhappy with and change them in a few years time. Negotiate with the suppliers to change / upgrade but if you are not happy with the deal you are getting then just use up your house allowance and take the rest of your business elsewhere. For me the biggest single extra expense is flooring and I find you will get better prices for carpets and timber flooring outside the Dublin area - for the very same carpets I have found places in Naas which are much better than the ones I checked in Dublin. For electrical appliances I brought 6 units from DID - they are very keen to negotiate when you are making a large purchase. Power city appear to have better list prices online but they offered a minimal discount!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

I think I may be at a similar stage to yourself, but what advice I can offer is to use the opportunity to now get things done as you wish rather than accept things you are unhappy with and change them in a few years time. Negotiate with the suppliers to change / upgrade but if you are not happy with the deal you are getting then just use up your house allowance and take the rest of your business elsewhere. For me the biggest single extra expense is flooring and I find you will get better prices for carpets and timber flooring outside the Dublin area - for the very same carpets I have found places in Naas which are much better than the ones I checked in Dublin. For electrical appliances I brought 6 units from DID - they are very keen to negotiate when you are making a large purchase. Power city appear to have better list prices online but they offered a minimal discount!!

Did you find the kitchen crowd to be flexible Kevin? In terms of making changes to layout etc?

• Advertisement

Did you find the kitchen crowd to be flexible Kevin? In terms of making changes to layout etc?

Yes I did - but that said I didn't change too much from the showhouse layout. The range of options could have been better though!!

Yes I did - but that said I didn't change too much from the showhouse layout. The range of options could have been better though!!

Did they give you any idea of the costs involved with making changes? such as putting in an island or anything like that?

Did they give you any idea of the costs involved with making changes? such as putting in an island or anything like that?

I made mostly small changes - solid wood doors, tap with filter system, units extended to ceiling height, glass and steel hood extractor, extra pullout trays in larder etc. And I offset this against the removal of wardrobes in 1 bedroom - extra cost was 1200 after a bit of negotiation....

I made mostly small changes - solid wood doors, tap with filter system, units extended to ceiling height, glass and steel hood extractor, extra pullout trays in larder etc. And I offset this against the removal of wardrobes in 1 bedroom - extra cost was 1200 after a bit of negotiation....

Cool, thanks Kevin

Cool, thanks Kevin

I did hear of some mixed results in terms of finish quality, so I'll be casting an extra critical eye over the kitchen during snagging!!

I did hear of some mixed results in terms of finish quality, so I'll be casting an extra critical eye over the kitchen during snagging!!

Really? ill keep an eye on that, thanks

I think I may be at a similar stage to yourself, but what advice I can offer is to use the opportunity to now get things done as you wish rather than accept things you are unhappy with and change them in a few years time. Negotiate with the suppliers to change / upgrade but if you are not happy with the deal you are getting then just use up your house allowance and take the rest of your business elsewhere. For me the biggest single extra expense is flooring and I find you will get intbetter prices for carpets and timber flooring outside the Dublin area - for the very same carpets I have found places in Naas which are much better than the ones I checked in Dublin. For electrical appliances I brought 6 units from DID - they are very keen to negotiate when you are making a large purchase. Power city appear to have better list prices online but they offered a minimal discount!!

Thanks kevint, a I was up with the kitchen crowd today having a look. I see you said you got the units extended to ceiling height, that sounds like a great idea, does it give very much more space? Was it very expensive to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭djivide_

I have bought and am in a detached in castlepark.

I also got my kitchen units extended to the roof, not for extra space but just dont want a dust trap ontop of the
    units. I had a few extra changes, walnut units, pull out ironing board in one of the island drawers, cream quartz
    that was not listed as the options in the show house. Power points on the island. Talk to the developer and they
    will put you in contact with the supplier and can go for alot of options and just pick within the allowance or pay
    more if you like.

In terms of quality, the kitchen is perfect quality, my parents got their kitchen from the same supplier ~15 years
    ago and is still perfect. One thing i did get that was extra was quartz on the wall behind the range as a splash guard
    something like 400 euro but well worth it.

djivide_ wrote: »

I also got my kitchen units extended to the roof, not for extra space but just dont want a dust trap ontop of the
    units. I had a few extra changes, walnut units, pull out ironing board in one of the island drawers, cream quartz
    that was not listed as the options in the show house. Power points on the island. Talk to the developer and they
    will put you in contact with the supplier and can go for alot of options and just pick within the allowance or pay
    more if you like.

In terms of quality, the kitchen is perfect quality, my parents got their kitchen from the same supplier ~15 years
    ago and is still perfect. One thing i did get that was extra was quartz on the wall behind the range as a splash guard

Some good ideas there! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sokol7998

djivide_ wrote: »

more if you like.

djvide, you don't mind me asking, how much you paid for units extended to the roof?I am thinking of doing this as well, I will go for an island in the kitchen, plus few extras as handleless kitchen doors, etc...does anyone have done this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

Does anyone know or can confirm the number of 3 bed semi in castlepark avenue and the castlepark square?
    As far as I know 12. 13. 14.15 in castlepark avenue and 49. 48 in castlepark square (building now)
    Correct me if I am wrong.

you2008 wrote: »
    Does anyone know or can confirm the number of 3 bed semi in castlepark avenue and the castlepark square?
    As far as I know 12. 13. 14.15 in castlepark avenue and 49. 48 in castlepark square (building now)
    Correct me if I am wrong.

Try the planning section of the Kildare County council website, I'm pretty sure you will be able to find this information there......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

Hi ,
    Just FYI - I inspected a property (snag list) at the development yesterday. I found the finish in the particular unit above average, workmanship & attention to detail was excellent.
    The only point of concern was the Pyrite / mason homes history. My observation due to the recent media profile, etc. - was for the client to seek written confirmation of the quality control process / traced source batching from the quarry that supplied the infill for construction at the site.
    Really a matter for the solicitor to query when attaining the Architects opinion on compliance with the building regulations.
    It is likely not to be of concern due to the age of the development, but better in my mind to er to the side of caution.
    Overall though, I was quite impressed.
    Rgds,
    Mike f :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

I see the next batch of 10 detached are ready for release. Closed bids again The price has gone up to 397500 from 380000 so I guess there still must be lots of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cabbage patch kid

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    I see the next batch of 10 detached are ready for release. Closed bids again The price has gone up to 397500 from 380000 so I guess there still must be lots of interest.

Hi r0chf0rt,

Just curious, where did you hear this?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭r0chf0rt

Just rang the estate agent.

r0chf0rt wrote: »

Yeah there's definitely lots of interest which is great! Means the estate should be finished and I won't be living in an unfinished estate hopefully!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cardar

Hi, thinking of putting a booking deposit on 4 bed det, they are a fine house, but concerned about the sealed bid process, very unusual for a new build, was going to put the minimum bid of 397500 in, does anyone know for the previous phase did sealed bids go much above 380k.
    Have seen on kildare co. council, a lot of change of style of houses, any advice from anyone on this development would be great.

cardar wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of putting a booking deposit on 4 bed det, they are a fine house, but concerned about the sealed bid process, very unusual for a new build, was going to put the minimum bid of 397500 in, does anyone know for the previous phase did sealed bids go much above 380k.
    Have seen on kildare co. council, a lot of change of style of houses, any advice from anyone on this development would be great.

Hi I have purchased a 4 bed semi and there was no bidding process. I think the reason for the bidding with the detached is because they have more people interested in the houses than the number of houses available so the only way to decide on who gets one is to do the bidding process. It also seems that they are changing the original plans to build more detached as that is where the demand is. As far as I am aware in the last phase of detached that went to bid most if not all went for over the asking price. I would imagine you would need to bid higher than the minimum bid to secure a house.
    The houses are of great quality and I think it's going to be a gorgeous estate when it is finished. The builders are very cooperative with any changes you may want and as a first time buyer it's been an easy enough process with them so far.

Good luck with your bid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 RebelCoonanski

I have purchased a 4 bed detached and was part of the last phase which is currently under construction. When that phase became available, 18 bids were received for 10 houses. Not sure what all 10 houses went for in the end (propertyregister.ie will tell us that, when they get it corrected and accurate) but if they have raised it to €397,500, it sounds like the interest is indeed there, and so demand may out-weigh supply.

I am also a first time buyer, and maybe a little too eager in ringing the builders with this question and that, but I have to say they are very responsive and great to deal with re. changes, etc.

I'm delighted with my decision anyway, Best of luck to you what ever you decide.

Advertisement