Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepark, Maynooth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭kevint

Rebelski wrote: »
    I think they might be re-reading the posts and wondering why they jumped to the wrong conclusions so quickly!

Here, will I meet you in Maynooth for dinner, are you bringing Coonans and the developers or will I in my lavishly paid for 4 x4 courtesy of all the backhanders we were getting. . . . . Sarc.

Let's build some more conspiracy stories just for a bit of craic - perhaps our now silent friends are from a rival auctioneers in the locality??

• Registered Users Posts: 24 SolarisLem

Thanks for the update tellm me whatever, but your post seems to be factless, and a little bit raving.. . . .. .

You've just mentioned no one has said 245K to you, so is this a figure you are coming up with yourself? If so, it just sounds like a shot in the dark, so i fail to see the relevance of your post.

"They didn't offer it, you have to be prepared to walk away- builders will take your hand off"

It just sounds like you were in no way inclined making a serious offer in this estate, because it looks like you can't back up your arguement by saying you even tried to negotiate with a builder?

There have been 33 houses sold to date. with another 10 in progess as we speak. If you look at earliar fact based posts, you will see where its actually one of the more popular estates in the country at the moment.

You seem quite unnerved by the hard facts judging from the feverish posting today :) You were judged to be a vested interest due to your lack of objectiveness. You seem to balk at the idea of the houses going for anything other than the full asking price, to me it seems like you want the developer to make money or you payed the full price (cuz they don't make anymore castlepark houses, don't you know type of attitude) and are trying desperately to convince yourself and the world you did the right thing. And did you? That dude who payed less than you can put that chunk of money towards his kids education, go on a vacation etc, and it is all down to the fact he did not get emotionally involved and kept his cool.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Rebelski

Am I unnerved, absolutely.
    Do I have a vested interest, absolutely.
    Do I suffer from a lack of objectiveness, most possibly.
    Balk at the thoughts of houses going for less, I never said that!
    Convince the world I did the right thing, doesn't honestly interest me.
    That dude who paid less than me, could be me!
    And did I?, you'll never know
    Am I emotionally involved, not with you I'm not.
    Can't keep my cool, I'm afraid I have.

You see, all of your posts seem to be targeted at my emotional and objective side to this development, which you can't back up cause you don't know me. Its obvious your afraid to commit, else you'd have bought one by now, and its obvious you want one, cause your still posting.

Sticking to fact based posts, I mentioned before you would be mad not to look for value in the current place we find ourselves, and if you can do that, more power to them, and us!

Your own post proves it, "you were judged". . . . can't judge someone without knowing the facts, and you will never have them.

Am I unnerved, absolutely.
    Do I have a vested interest, absolutely.
    Do I suffer from a lack of objectiveness, most possibly.
    Balk at the thoughts of houses going for less, I never said that!
    Convince the world I did the right thing, doesn't honestly interest me.
    That dude who paid less than me, could be me!
    And did I?, you'll never know
    Am I emotionally involved, not with you I'm not.
    Can't keep my cool, I'm afraid I have.

You see, all of your posts seem to be targeted at my emotional and objective side to this development, which you can't back up cause you don't know me. Its obvious your afraid to commit, else you'd have bought one by now, and its obvious you want one, cause your still posting.

Sticking to fact based posts, I mentioned before you would be mad not to look for value in the current place we find ourselves, and if you can do that, more power to them, and us!

Your own post proves it, "you were judged". . . . can't judge someone without knowing the facts, and you will never have them.

wow :D somebody is streeesssed!!!! I could not leave the topic without a final jab as you aligned yourself so perfectly for it but i am not going to go further into the topic, this is a huge time waste for me and i am working on improving my character byavoiding being smug :)
    Now take a deep breath and focus on the future, can't change the past :)

SolarisLem wrote: »
    wow :D somebody is streeesssed!!!! I could not leave the topic without a final jab as you aligned yourself so perfectly for it but i am not going to go further into the topic, this is a huge time waste for me and i am working on improving my character byavoiding being smug :)
    Now take a deep breath and focus on the future, can't change the past :)

For God's sake guys / gals - grow up - both of yee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sokol7998

I know the guy who recently got 3 bed house for 250k, is this a fair price? I think so, any thoughts guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MaxPower131

kevint wrote: »
    Where have our not so smug anymore antagonists gone to, its very quite here this morning??

I was working hard this morning. Not all of us are in a quiet estate agents office swinging on a swivel chair and looking for an online nemesis:D (that was a joke by the way, some very touchy people here!)

Anywhoo thanks for pointing out the VAT, I hadn't taken that into account. Nonetheless the differences in price are still huge for similar properties.

€263K * 1.135
    €380K * 1.135

I know another poster has queried the 263K sale but these prices are coming for revenue so I doubt any solicitor would risk getting struck off by trying to shaft revenue. Although unless it was Michael Lynn....
    IMO the 263K property looks like a quick cash sale after the original sale fell through. Banks are not really fond of rolling over/overdrafts for builders these days.

Far too emotion on this thread for my liking, there were many similar threads here in 2007/08 with people trying to justify their purchases and get get others to join in. Anyway for young people thinking of buying here, my advice would be to take much of this thread with a pinch of salt as there are a high number of VI's here (in whatever capacity we do not know). Do your own research, bargain hard and beware of the extraordinary hardship hundreds (if not thousands) of families in Kildare and Meath have had to endure as a result of the actions of an individual involved in this development.

A leopord and his spots and all that......

When did you realise you really wanted to take this back?:pac:

Calm down and read my post above:rolleyes: and stop reading tripe like this

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/the-smart-ballsy-guys-are-buying-up-property-right-now-1047118.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laguna02

Have been watching this development for some time as we wait and hope for our own property to sell. Transparency is a wonderful thing, no more guessing, but very disappointing to see that the EA is playing the 2005 sales game. Looking at the prices recently posted it appears that there are many different prices for the same properties.
    I wonder, if supermarkets were to hold mini auctions (this is what is happening) would we stand for it. There was a day when a property price was just that. If you were interested you put down a deposit and agreed to pay the asking price. But not now, this EA has a very nice arm twisting rip off going on. I just wonder, do any of the present owners feel aggrieved, especially if your neighbor bought at the same time but payed less for the EXACT SAME HOUSE.
    Still would like to buy, but get an uneasy feeling called RIP OF IRELAND.

I was working hard this morning. Not all of us are in a quiet estate agents office swinging on a swivel chair and looking for an online nemesis:D (that was a joke by the way, some very touchy people here!)

Anywhoo thanks for pointing out the VAT, I hadn't taken that into account. Nonetheless the differences in price are still huge for similar properties.

€263K * 1.135
    €380K * 1.135

I know another poster has queried the 263K sale but these prices are coming for revenue so I doubt any solicitor would risk getting struck off by trying to shaft revenue. Although unless it was Michael Lynn....
    IMO the 263K property looks like a quick cash sale after the original sale fell through. Banks are not really fond of rolling over/overdrafts for builders these days.

Far too emotion on this thread for my liking, there were many similar threads here in 2007/08 with people trying to justify their purchases and get get others to join in. Anyway for young people thinking of buying here, my advice would be to take much of this thread with a pinch of salt as there are a high number of VI's here (in whatever capacity we do not know). Do your own research, bargain hard and beware of the extraordinary hardship hundreds (if not thousands) of families in Kildare and Meath have had to endure as a result of the actions of an individual involved in this development.

A leopord and his spots and all that......

Jasus, you really are grasping now......

• Advertisement

Jasus, you really are grasping now......

Listen if you really have purchased here its time to move on. You have obviously been done over by a cute EA and are not a happy camper. Take it on the chin, put it down to a bad experience and move on. Attacking every poster apart from Rebelski that queries anything about this development won't get your money back.

Listen if you really have purchased here its time to move on. You have obviously been done over by a cute EA and are not a happy camper. Take it on the chin, put it down to a bad experience and move on. Attacking every poster apart from Rebelski that queries anything about this development won't get your money back.

Oh dear MP131 you really don't know when to stop digging. You've made an ASS of yourself with your rash posts yesterday so please stop now, I'm cringing just reading your lamentable posts!

You are clearly convinced that anyone with any opinion contrary to your own is simply incapable of making an objective assessment and you resort to baseless accusations and conspiracy theories in an attempt to discredit them.

I, unlike yourself perhaps am capable of basic maths, and the property price register information has put to rest any lingering doubts I may have had about purchasing here.

Anyway, I've had enough of this thread and responding to this nonsense...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Surelite

I'm all the way with MP131 here!

Anyway, I've had enough of this thread and responding to this nonsense...

Cheerio kevint, we'll all miss your deluded ramblings:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 RebelCoonanski

So looks like the 4 bed detached went for between €373,000 and €393,000, €20,000 variance, asking price €380,000.

3/4 Bed semi detached went for between €267,000 and €289,000, €22,000 variance, asking price €265,000.

Property register will be updated again by end of year when next phase of houses are handed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Laguna02

This is what I am talking about the EA is basically holding auctions on each and every house being sold, this was happening in the celtic tiger days when phase 1 was sold out on the opening day and cancellations (?) were then offered at €20K more. When is a price a price. Will be reporting this to the appropriate governing body for EA's. Doubt if it will make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Good Post, appreciate that you are pointing out the overall variance range within the 3/4 semi but to note that 4 bed semi asking price was 285 and that 3 bed was 265 (I think)

Quote=RebelCoonanski;81046621]So looks like the 4 bed detached went for between €373,000 and €393,000, €20,000 variance, asking price €380,000.

3/4 Bed semi detached went for between €267,000 and €289,000, €22,000 variance, asking price €265,000.

Property register will be updated again by end of year when next phase of houses are handed over.[/Quote]

Welcome Rebelski. I thought after you were rumbled and closed your account yesterday we might have seen the last of you. Desperation is a terrible thing:D

Anywhoo don't want to waste much more of my time on you but I see it as my civic duty to bust the constant myths put out there by vested interests like yourself.
    So looks like the 4 bed detached went for between €373,000 and €393,000, €20,000 variance, asking price €380,000.

I think you'll find according to the house price register the prices paid for 4 beds detatched were €298 505 to €431 300 (inc. VAT) A whopping difference of 132K for exactly the same house. OUCH:o

Like I say desperation is a terrible thing.......

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭sockpuppets

Welcome Rebelski. I thought after you were rumbled and closed your account yesterday we might have seen the last of you. Desperation is a terrible thing:D

Anywhoo don't want to waste much more of my time on you but I see it as my civic duty to bust the constant myths put out there by vested interests like yourself.

I think you'll find according to the house price register the prices paid for 4 beds were €298 505 to €431 300 (inc. VAT) A whopping difference of 132K for exactly the same house. OUCH:o

Like I say desperation is a terrible thing.......

I think any price listed on the register which ends in "000" has the VAT included, like the 380000 or the 255000 listed for castlepark. There have been a few cases of these inconsistencies. I would be very surprised if someone paid 431000 for a house listed at 380000. But i could be wrong.

I think any price listed on the register which ends in "000" has the VAT included, like the 380000 or the 255000 listed for castlepark. There have been a few cases of these inconsistencies. I would be very surprised if someone paid 431000 for a house listed at 380000. But i could be wrong.

Fair point Sockpuppets, it does seem strange alright, hopefully they will clarify this asap. Nonetheless with or without VAT the spread is huge.

• Advertisement

Spot on SP, seems to be a few anomalies alright, and I agree, I don't think anyone would have paid €431K. This might explain as well why there are 2 numbers for #3. Still, the register is a great tool, and helps make/support peoples decisions either way.

It might be interesting to see if there will be some sales from the unfinished phases once people see what is going on. What is the deposit on those? 5 grand?

Yep, and 10% there after, standard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

Does anyone know 12 Castlepark Avenue is 4 bed or 3 bed? If it is 4 bed, then its only cost €268,500 (€236,563.87 *1,135) sold on 18/06/2012, if it is 3 bed,I don’t know why it above the asking price:confused:, the next cheapest 4 bed is 15 Castlepark Avenue sold on 26/07/2012 for €271,000 (€238,767.00*1,135) :DSource - Residential Property Price Register
    I only can find 15 sold so far under Residential Property Price Register not as EA said 30 something been sold?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Pretty sure both houses are in fact 3 beds,

you2008 wrote: »
    Does anyone know 12 Castlepark Avenue is 4 bed or 3 bed? If it is 4 bed, then its only cost €268,500 (€236,563.87 *1,135) sold on 18/06/2012, if it is 3 bed,I don’t know why it above the asking price:confused:, the next cheapest 4 bed is 15 Castlepark Avenue sold on 26/07/2012 for €271,000 (€238,767.00*1,135) :DSource - Residential Property Price Register
    I only can find 15 sold so far under Residential Property Price Register not as EA said 30 something been sold?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭you2008

dernipper wrote: »
    Pretty sure both houses are in fact 3 beds,

Anyone can confirm this? If it is 3 beds, what is wrong with those people? Are they out of their mind? Or the source is completly rubbish?:confused::confused: Have said that, I check one house in Dublin that my friend bought in 2010, it shows exactly the amount that he paid. So what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Newgirl2012

Hi,

I'm new to commenting on this boards stuff, however have been following this thread for the past year. Just to clear some things up. There is nothing "going on" when it comes to the house prices. Considering it is a buyers market some people nogotiated harder than others to get the price they wanted for their property. Tough luck to the people who didn't negotiate and fair play to those who have. I have purchased a 4 bed semi in the second phase will be in before Christmas, I negotiated hard to reach a price I could afford. My sale has not yet been registered on that property website because the sale is not closed until my mortgage is drawn and I have paid in full. The EA has said 30 houses have been sold so far yet 15 are only showing up on the website because they are the only ones with a fully closed sale; aka they have their keys and are living in the property.
    There is no mystery to this estate or how they are priced. Like when buying any property there is an asking price and it is between the client and the estate agent to negotiate on that!

Hi,

I'm new to commenting on this boards stuff, however have been following this thread for the past year. Just to clear some things up. There is nothing "going on" when it comes to the house prices. Considering it is a buyers market some people nogotiated harder than others to get the price they wanted for their property. Tough luck to the people who didn't negotiate and fair play to those who have. I have purchased a 4 bed semi in the second phase will be in before Christmas, I negotiated hard to reach a price I could afford. My sale has not yet been registered on that property website because the sale is not closed until my mortgage is drawn and I have paid in full. The EA has said 30 houses have been sold so far yet 15 are only showing up on the website because they are the only ones with a fully closed sale; aka they have their keys and are living in the property.
    There is no mystery to this estate or how they are priced. Like when buying any property there is an asking price and it is between the client and the estate agent to negotiate on that!

Hi!
    This is what i was trying to point out throughout the thread. The thread got highjacked by Kevinit and Rebelski spouting on about "the most popular estate in the country" and so on. This gave people the impression the prices are set in stone ( somebody even commented that the prices were not negotiable). I think people are trying to figure out the spread between the asking price and how much of a discount can one get and the disbelief at the general dishonesty of EAs.
    You should have joined the discussion long time ago but good job on negotiating a discount! Can you tell us if it is in line with the 15 sold so far or is it farther than that?

Folks,

A lot of good arguements being put forward on both sides, and of course people should look for value for money in everything they buy, you'd be mad not to.

Rebelski never said not to negotiate.

Well done Newgirl2012, and I wish you all the very best for the future.

• Advertisement

SolarisLem wrote: »
    Hi!
    This is what i was trying to point out throughout the thread. The thread got highjacked by Kevinit and Rebelski spouting on about "the most popular estate in the country" and so on. This gave people the impression the prices are set in stone ( somebody even commented that the prices were not negotiable). I think people are trying to figure out the spread between the asking price and how much of a discount can one get and the disbelief at the general dishonesty of EAs.
    You should have joined the discussion long time ago but good job on negotiating a discount! Can you tell us if it is in line with the 15 sold so far or is it farther than that?

I was hoping I wouldn't get dragged back in to this but since you have misquoted me I feel obliged to respond. It's rather ironic that YOU accuse me of hijacking this thread!
    But anyway if you have issues with anything I have posted here then could you please be SPECIFIC on what I stated that is either incorrect or unreasonable?? (Would appreciate it if you left out the personal attacks, subjective remarks and hyperbole)

Advertisement