Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

sam34 wrote: »
    only if it's a post from pi or ri.

it's relevant to highlight the inconsistency in the fact that you were calling people here immature and childish for their "ewwwwww" response to menstrual blood when you yourself had that very same response to something as benign as ear wax.

http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/person.html

Logic fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Rosedust84

Rxactly how I feel.. :)
    Sound Bite wrote: »
    Very surprised at some of the posts here but each to their own.

All I can say is that most women I know get incredibly horny at that time of the month. Sexy drive goes into absolute overdrive.

It's personal choice but IMO some of the best sex I've ever had has been during my period. In a relationship, while I'd understand a man's reluctant, I'd still be disappointed if it completely ruled out. Casual relationship is different.

It is also the best relief ever for cramps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

hardly the same thing. I was saying euw to picking ear wax out of your ear with your hair clips. after which I can't imagine that person would go to the bother of cleaning them before using them. and yeah, i think that is gross. like if someone picked their nose and smeared the product on their face.

Read your first comment and thought, "Hey! Wait a second! this guy came out with the very same response for me!" and of COURSE I don't use the hairclips after :rolleyes: I never said I did. This IS disgusting. Do you honestly think I'd just stick a hairpin covered in ear wax in my hair and admit that here? And smearing it across my face? I buy hairclips for the purpose of tickling the insides of my ears SOMETIMES....who said anything about ear wax? I never said I picked ear wax out of my ears??? I said I scratched the insides of my ears with hair pins. No ear wax involved (my ears are like deserts....hence the need to scratch them).

Ear wax is not "gross" anyway. Blood is commonly considered a bit disgusting and that I do understand and the blood produced during a period can be messy. I personally found your response in AH to be a little OTT and now hyprocritcal considering what you've just said but whatever...not a big deal. Silly thingt to argue over.

All but one of my exes have had no problems having sex with me during my period. The one who did was the victim of my horny wrath one night when I literally begged him to shag me during my period. I was like a demented woman. I got in a serious stonk with him when he refused. Poor fella. Now that I'm nice and sane, I'd understand if a guy didn't want to...lucky for me my periods are not that heavy and only last a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

No problem with it ,if the girl is game ball then go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

What's the problem? If she's happy to then I'm always keen.

Women menstruate. It's not gross, it's life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I personally found your response in AH to be a little OTT and now hyprocritcal considering what you've just said but whatever...not a big deal. Silly thingt to argue over.

A one word response was OTT? I'm not the one arguing about it here,i'd completely forgotten about that until sam quoted it.

If you'd explained it like you've just done here then you wouldn't have to be all upset over what I said. Hair clips are usually used in your hair,and ears usually have at least some wax in them. So the conclusion I came to was hardly that crazy.

Anyway,I'm not going to be part of dragging this off topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

A one word response was OTT? I'm not the one arguing about it here,i'd completely forgotten about that until sam quoted it.

If you'd explained it like you've just done here then you wouldn't have to be all upset over what I said. Hair clips are usually used in your hair,and ears usually have at least some wax in them. So the conclusion I came to was hardly that crazy.

Anyway,I'm not going to be part of dragging this off topic.

I'm not upset (upset?) at all...I said it was a LITTLE OTT (you went on about it for 3 posts comparing it to picking my hole with a hairclip). Relax :rolleyes:

I just find the fact that you find ear wax more disgusting than blood strange. That's the only point being made.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Exile 1798 wrote: »
    What's the problem? If she's happy to then I'm always keen.

Surely what's gross is subjective. You seem confident in telling everyone what is not gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭MrThrifty

i'm male and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    I'm doing a bit of a 'Norris' thing here re-entering this discussion after declaring myself out but... I suppose he seems to have got away with it!
    Exile 1798 wrote: »

True, it is life. But on that note, it is worth pointing out the following realities of life and evolution:
    -> Reproduction is necessary for conception and therefore evolution to occur
    -> Females cannot conceive during their period
    -> Female scent appeals most to males at the most fertile part of their cycle and least during their period when oestrogen levels are lowest
    -> Females are most attracted to males at the most fertile part of their cycle

The point here is that, putting the whole grossness debate to one side, it is NATURAL for males to not have sex with females during their periods from an evolutionary point of view. There's lots more info out there on this whole topic supporting these points.

As for the grossness thing, to dismiss it as life is a bit like saying that someone's death should not be considered sad but simply life. Or that babies dirty nappies should not be considered messy or disgusting but simply life. Life clearly consists of many pleasant and unpleasant (I'll refrain from using the term gross here) realities...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Wow - I didn't realise so many men were so squeamish...I've never had a boyfriend that refused to have sex with me while I was on my period - perhaps I've just been really lucky.

Sex is all body fluids, stickiness, smells and whatnot...I appreciate it's a personal matter - many women don't like the taste of sperm or want men's bodily fluids making a gross mess in them for instance - but on a personal level I don't think he'd last too long with the mentality that his body fluids were good to go and mine were gross. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭McGilla

PlainP wrote: »
    Hi don't know if this is the right place for this thread but I'm going to ask anyway as I'm looking for the male point of view here.

Gentlemen, is it usual for men to not want to have sex with your OH while they're on their period?

Jaysus NO!!!
    Never!!

No way!

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

i'm female, tried it and didn't like it
    Wow - I didn't realise so many men were so squeamish...I've never had a boyfriend that refused to have sex with me while I was on my period - perhaps I've just been really lucky.

Sex is all body fluids, stickiness, smells and whatnot...I appreciate it's a personal matter - many women don't like the taste of sperm or want men's bodily fluids making a gross mess in them for instance - but on a personal level I don't think he'd last too long with the mentality that his body fluids were good to go and mine were gross. :)

Not only men though :D I think mine are gross too! Even if he was ok with it, I wouldn't do it during my period. Ick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I just find the fact that you find ear wax more disgusting than blood strange. That's the only point being made.

No, didn't say that at all.
    MrThrifty wrote: »
    The point here is that, putting the whole grossness debate to one side, it is NATURAL for males to not have sex with females during their periods from an evolutionary point of view. There's lots more info out there on this whole topic supporting these points.

Good point. I suppose it's more natural to see it as a time a woman is off limits, but I still don't get the freaked out part.
    but on a personal level I don't think he'd last too long with the mentality that his body fluids were good to go and mine were gross. :)

Nicely put.

Though I would agree with what some others have said, that it'd be the type of thing that you'd do in a relationship as opposed to a casual thing, though I've done in both, at the request of the guys I might add.

Malari wrote: »
    Not only men though :D I think mine are gross too! Even if he was ok with it, I wouldn't do it during my period. Ick.

Oh no, I get that, like all things related to sex, it's totally personal preference - I mean if while in a couple he thinks he should be free to, errr, shoot the breeze yet one of my bodily fluids is so gross it warrants some of the hysterical reactions here then I think it would just be a good sign we weren't very well suited... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

i'm female, tried it and didn't like it
    Oh no, I get that, like all things related to sex, it's totally personal preference - I mean if while in a couple he thinks he should be free to, errr, shoot the breeze yet one of my bodily fluids is so gross it warrants some of the hysterical reactions here then I think it would just be a good sign we weren't very well suited... :D

Yeah, I know what you mean, but I suppose its one of those things you can't help. I mean, the guy needs to be turned on in order to, well, do it. If the thought of doing it during a period is "impossible" for a guy, yet a girl is not grossed out by sperm, then I don't really see it as a hypocrasy. I'm not talking about the "aaargh, no way :eek:" responses, just the "don't think I could be turned on by that" responses.

Maybe that's just me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I don't mind it personally and the GF is always up for it as she's horny when shes on it. Bit of an extra clean up but meh. its a bit of blood... The good points outweigh the bad points of doing it...

I can see how so many people wouldn't want to do it though..

Malari wrote: »
    Yeah, I know what you mean, but I suppose its one of those things you can't help. I mean, the guy needs to be turned on in order to, well, do it. If the thought of doing it during a period is "impossible" for a guy, yet a girl is not grossed out by sperm, then I don't really see it as a hypocrasy. I'm not talking about the "aaargh, no way :eek:" responses, just the "don't think I could be turned on by that" responses.

Maybe that's just me....

I did say "on a personal level"...I made no effort to comment on anyone else - what other people do or don't do in the bedroom [or out] or why is entirely down to them. I'm not turned on by squeamishness - at all - and them being turned off by, what, an egg-cup full of blood released over a week with screeches of butchers block and blood-bath would have me running in the opposite direction. I like sex, I like that it's messy, I don't want during any part of it to feel like I'm back in the dark ages with it being considered dirty or wrong or gross, that just doesn't do it for me - and if having sex during periods doesn't do it for them then we're clearly onto a non-runner. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Exile 1798

I'm doing a bit of a 'Norris' thing here re-entering this discussion after declaring myself out but... I suppose he seems to have got away with it!

True, it is life. But on that note, it is worth pointing out the following realities of life and evolution:
    -> Reproduction is necessary for conception and therefore evolution to occur
    -> Females cannot conceive during their period
    -> Female scent appeals most to males at the most fertile part of their cycle and least during their period when oestrogen levels are lowest
    -> Females are most attracted to males at the most fertile part of their cycle

With respect, you don't come across as much of an evolutionary biologist. Homo sapiens are one of the few species that have sex for pleasure. Sex has a lot of purposes outside of re-production. What you say is "unnatural" is what people have been using as a very natural form of birth control of millennia. Even the Church gives it's approval.

I'm sure all these women that profess heightened levels of horniness during their periods aren't making it up. Nor are the ones who say the same about when they're pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Korvanica wrote: »
    I don't mind it personally and the GF is always up for it as she's horny when shes on it. Bit of an extra clean up but meh. its a bit of blood... The good points outweigh the bad points of doing it...

I can see how so many people wouldn't want to do it though..

My opinion on the last 8 pages whittled down into three lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭dubscribe

bronte wrote: »
    http://www.softcup.com/
    Doohickeys that can be worn internally that eliminate the mess.
    Can be worn during sexytime too.

I IMMEDIATELY went to check details online.

There's a UK supplier for those who are interested.

https://oochi.biz/softcup/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It is all body fluids but some things just cross a line and are a turn off, and for me blood is one of them. I mean I'd kiss somebody with a cold/flu no bother. Lots of people do anal both with and without condoms and that's got some considerations of it's own. I don't know too many people who'd admit to doing it if they knew the person receiving hadn't been to the toilet recently enough - I wouldn't.

I wouldn't like the sight of blood on me or the bedsheets and it's not the mess that puts me off - lube, oils etc is all grand. It's also not just menstrual blood either, I'd find it a turn off in other situations too like a bit of vigorous foreplay or whatever leading to a bit of blood and that'd be me finished for the night. And it seems to be just in the sexy time environment too, because if I walked down the road I wouldn't faint or pass out or feel ill if I saw some person with their head busted open or anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

TouchingVirus pretty much covered everything I think on the matter. I know my fear(?) of blood is ridiculous but it's there, that's how things go. Lights off and someone else tidying up might just be bearable. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭seenitall

Females cannot conceive during their period

This is a fallacy. Hopefully you can grasp yourself how dangerous this type of misinformation could be for any less experienced/informed people reading this thread. "Less likely" doesn't equal "impossible".

I know someone who got pregnant while on her period; she must have read a post written by your counterpart back then! The child is now 11.

The rest of your "meticulously" built argument falls down right there.

Can't stand it when people start invoking "nature" to enshrine and elevate their personal beliefs, morals or preferences to the level of "natural order" etc. Funnily enough, they are usually wide off the mark.

"No, I wouldn't, don't like it meself" would have sufficed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

seanmacc wrote: »
    This is what the bible says about it. Book of Leviticus covers everything that may be disgusting.

[SIZE=-1]"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." [/SIZE][SIZE=+1](Leviticus [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]20:18[/SIZE][SIZE=+1])[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]
    [/SIZE]

What the hey ho does that mean?? If you do you dont have to put up with the mother in law???

It is all body fluids but some things just cross a line and are a turn off....

Yip, like squeamishness for example... :p

Look, I don't think there are any [generally!] any rights or wrongs when it comes to personal preference; it's all about finding someone else who is turned on/not turned off by those. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Doesn't bother me too much as long as I'm aware of it.

I had sex with two women (at different times! :D) who were on their period and they never told me about it. Both those times were in the dark and after a few drinks so I didn't realise it was their time of month until I was dressing the bed the next day! :eek:

I've only had 3 long term relationships but none of them were keen for having sex on their period (I did once with one of them though, we were both too horny).

I only see the current GF usually at the weekends so I can sometimes have a 2 week sex drought due to her period, which is a pain in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yip, like squeamishness for example... :p

Look, I don't think there are any [generally!] any rights or wrongs when it comes to personal preference; it's all about finding someone else who is turned on/not turned off by those. :cool:

I can't say I've ever considered that saying no to period sex was a dealbreaker. I also wouldn't count it as being squeamish because I'm not squeamish about menstrual blood in general, I just prefer not to get it on my cawk. I'm not thinking "ewwwww, gross" I'm thinking "Not for me thanks" :)

Well, I'd view someone who wouldn't consider sex with a woman who was at all menstruating as squeamish, I mean, would you consider sex with a condom? Or if she had a softcup? Or was near the end of her period and had just whipped out a tampon while you wear a condom? The options aren't just "sex with such a heavy period that you might get blood on your cawk" or "no sex"...if they are - then I'd view that as squeamish. Those are rhetorical questions, I'm not trying to grill you! :D

Back in the good old days when I had periods, it would definitely have been a deal breaker for me...I'm not spending a week a month sexless cos my partner has declared me a no-go zone while menstruating - I'd rather find another partner. But then there are plenty women who don't like having sex while having a period - so it's just a case of finding someone you share the like/dislike with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I have done in the past and would do in the future,its never bothered me at all.Maybe its because Im not squeamish in the least however I can understand why some guys or gals wouldnt be comfortable with it.

Like all things sexual,its different strokes for different folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol at the Leviticus thing.
    amacachi wrote: »
    Grow up.
    Make me! :p
    Tazium wrote: »
    Ah yeah, I see what you did there. :rolleyes:
    Yes, that rolleyes was really necessary. :pac:
    Can't see the big deal when in a relationship tbh. Blood is just another bodily fluid
    Menstrual blood is not a nice substance for many - I don't exactly like it myself (if there was anyone who actually liked it... weir-do :pac:). I totally understand a guy not wanting to have sex with a woman when she's menstruating. I really don't think it's necessarily symptomatic of him viewing menstruation/menstruating women as gross. Actually I think menstrual blood is pretty gross myself. Why pretend it can't possibly be? That's just disingenuous and obtuse.
    I can understand a man being turned on by the... I suppose, primal vibe to sex while she's on the blob, but I definitely see where men who just don't like the mess and the substance are coming from too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement