Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex on her period???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 dandelionmind

i'm male,don't like the thought so have never tried it
    It's obviously a personal choice, but I think it's fairly natural to want to have sex with someone you're attracted to and close with, even if they are on their period.

You just ... don't look down and take a shower afterwards. And wash the sheets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

It's obviously a personal choice, but I think it's fairly natural to want to have sex with someone you're attracted to and close with, even if they are on their period.

You just ... don't look down and take a shower afterwards. And wash the sheets.

That's exactly what my partner says.

He loves me and fancies me all the time, even when I have my period, or am sick or whatever. It takes a lot to put him off sex!!!! I was never comfortable doing it with ex boyfriends, but with him it's different. I think the more deep and trusting the relationship, the easier it is to let your inhibitions go, and for me, having sex when I have my period is very intimate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 687 ✭✭✭headmaster

Jesus, but this **** would put anyone off sex for life. Yuk.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

providing its not really heavy i dont see the problem...i think the first time i was a little squemish but once i realised the two options i had (period sex or no sex for a week)...........i havent looked back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I would have no issues with it. Whatever about other people not wanting to have sex during a period, I find the exaggerated opinions on both sides of the debate a bit silly. Just because somebody does not personally like something, does not make it gross or disgusting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Rule 34. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Thats a massive turn off for me, the thought of it makes me feel ill.

Not a fan of blood, yuck yuck yuck. Its always been a definate no no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

First time I was caught unaware and the blood was a shock to be fair. I have friends both male and female who don't like the idea of it and would not do it under any circumstances (or so they say). As for me now I wouldn't rule it out again, would have to be with a gf not some random girl-in my world that's a definite no go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

This is what the bible says about it. Book of Leviticus covers everything that may be disgusting.

[SIZE=-1]"If a man lies with a woman during her sickness and uncovers her nakedness, he has discovered her flow, and she has uncovered the flow of her blood. Both of them shall be cut off from her people." [/SIZE][SIZE=+1](Leviticus [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]20:18[/SIZE][SIZE=+1])[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]
    [/SIZE]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I hope you're not wearing clothes made from two different materials right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

It's just that the opinion of 'euwww gross gross gross!' makes me think of a 12 year olds attitude, like euwww girls bleed! I mean it's a little immature. It's fine if you've considered it / tried it and it's not for you, but it seems most are jumping right in and saying no purely based on the initial thought of the girl bleeding from there.

I know i'm not explaining this well, and am probably going to have people jump down my throat over this.

Compare it to anal sex then - straight off saying euwww that's where they poo from! seems a bit of a young attitude, especially if it's something you haven't even tried. It just seems silly to me.

I agree with your points but tbh all the above is a bit rich coming from you considering the following:
    Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Scratching the insides of your ears with hairpins. I suspect I've got a second clitoris tucked away in there.
    eeuuuuuuwwwww
    would you scratch your arse hole with a hair pin too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kellsbells73

And she married this "man"?

lol she was already married

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I am very surprised at the number of lads grossed out by the prospect. I'd thought it would be a small minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

i'm female and i do it, it doesn't bother me
    Always been conflicted on this one - it is true, some women (me included) get INSANELY libidinous when on the rag, and I've done it, and the sex is great... but it's too restrictive and the mess is too much hassle, which kills things a bit. I've only ever done it in the shower (and only would) which is a limit in and of itself. Certainly wouldn't do it with a one-night stander/casual fling guy.
    leonidas83 wrote: »
    eh! lads, a bit of blood never killed anyone:)
    It's not just a bit of blood though, and it's menstrual blood, which ain't smooth and flowing like blood from, say, a finger cut, let's be honest... :o :pac:

I think it's a bit unfair to accuse lads who don't exactly... ahem... relish the idea :pac: of being immature etc. Look at it plainly: lovely sensation for the laydee yeah, but not a particularly pleasant idea or a turn-on either for all lads.

Dudess wrote: »
    I think it's a bit unfair to accuse lads who don't exactly... ahem... relish the idea :pac:

Grow up.

I just absolutely loathe blood. I can break a bone and it's annoying, a paper cut though puts me on the verge of passing out sometimes, just not something I can help. The idea of then getting it on my ding-a-ling let alone as Dudess said the restriction of what could be done comfortably is incredibly off-putting aside from my aversion to blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I'm alright with it really. One girl last year was only here for a few months so we didn't bother waiting if she was on it, just really made jokes about it and laughed about the sheer amount of blood. Great sex is great sex.

But, I really believe that the only bad sex is sex where noone laughs. Someone should end up laughing loudly at least once for sex to be successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Sunday Bloody Sunday!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Every man should earn his Crimson Wings. It is an experience.

Afterwards you'll know, and can try different stages to really determine if it's good for you both or not. Sexytime is less pleasurable from the beginning if you are worried about cleaning sheets or blood or your bits. Communication is key.

Enjoy.

Tazium wrote: »
    Sexytime is less pleasurable from the beginning if you are worried about cleaning ... your bits.

I dunno, I've been led to believe it's often a pre-requisite. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Ah yeah, I see what you did there. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

sam34 wrote: »
    I agree with your points but tbh all the above is a bit rich coming from you considering the following:

:confused: Is quoting a poster from another forum not against the rules here?

besides that, I still wouldn't change anything I've said. I don't see how the topic in AH and this topic are related tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

i'm female, tried it and didn't like it
    If a guys mickey was bleeding like crazy I wouldn't find it too attractive to have that in me , so I don't blame guys that are turned off by the idea! I don't think it's immature for someone to find it gross. Each to their own, however, and if other couples enjoy it then fair play to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I had to be done to find out, her invitation, curiosity satisfied, once was enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I know someone who has done this with his mrs. He told me the practical steps they take but even still, I wouldn't want to do it in a million years. I've went through several long dry spells over the years so I'd have no trouble being stuck in dry dock for a few days each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Sky King wrote: »
    I am very surprised at the number of lads grossed out by the prospect. I'd thought it would be a small minority.

I'd have thought it the other way around. The idea is a complete turn off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I think it's perfectly fine if a man isn't comfortable with it but I don't mind it myself. Women have lots of time to get used to having periods, it's unreasonable, I feel, to expect all men to view it as just a minor inconvenience.

However I am taken aback by some of the posts; referring to it as a "sick idea", judging a women who does it as lacking in dignity and even equating a period to diarrhea or a penis with an infection :mad: And as for quoting the bible...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

:confused: Is quoting a poster from another forum not against the rules here?

besides that, I still wouldn't change anything I've said. I don't see how the topic in AH and this topic are related tbh.

only if it's a post from pi or ri.

it's relevant to highlight the inconsistency in the fact that you were calling people here immature and childish for their "ewwwwww" response to menstrual blood when you yourself had that very same response to something as benign as ear wax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Can't see the big deal when in a relationship tbh. Blood is just another bodily fluid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

sam34 wrote: »
    only if it's a post from pi or ri.

it's relevant to highlight the inconsistency in the fact that you were calling people here immature and childish for their "ewwwwww" response to menstrual blood when you yourself had that very same response to something as benign as ear wax.

hardly the same thing. I was saying euw to picking ear wax out of your ear with your hair clips. after which I can't imagine that person would go to the bother of cleaning them before using them. and yeah, i think that is gross. like if someone picked their nose and smeared the product on their face.

I find a number of things that people do with their body fluids / waste disgusting, again it has no relevance here. but I think if you're going to try to compare what I said in another forum, it should be at least from a forum in which people are more obliged to write serious answers. I make up stuff in AH all the time, as do many people, and so I don't really expect it to be taken seriously.

by its nature, sex is messy and involves bodily fluids, so I think it's less understandable to find something like this gross. all just my opinion, i'm not judging anybody for this, i'm just sharing what I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Sound Bite

Very surprised at some of the posts here but each to their own.

All I can say is that most women I know get incredibly horny at that time of the month. Sexy drive goes into absolute overdrive.

It's personal choice but IMO some of the best sex I've ever had has been during my period. In a relationship, while I'd understand a man's reluctant, I'd still be disappointed if it completely ruled out. Casual relationship is different.

It is also the best relief ever for cramps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement