Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Charts 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I hope this week hasn't set the tone for the coming winter - a two day Arctic incursion or toppler :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Keep the faith people keep the faith! :)

Im ordering in a Blocking system for some easterlies to develop 2nd week of Nov. :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Sheeesh...its October lads...

John.Icy wrote: »
    Sheeesh...its October lads...

Exactimundo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Bit early allright wouldnt give up just yet, if it was the middle of January then id be worrying could be a reverse of last year cold in Jan and Feb, But its a 50/50 between mild and cold this winter:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Keep the faith people keep the faith! :)

Im ordering in a Blocking system for some easterlies to develop 2nd week of Nov. :);)
    I'l leave this here Ian just incase your order does'nt arrive in time ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3_umNyciB1r_h17gQ-HkUa7_0kYCq8w0zqYGPtBNDVhkuS_gWog

:D:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Outer reaches of FI but cold building up all around us bar the south of course :D

178884.png

178885.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Unusual to see 8C uppers over the south of england, and -6's in the north of scotland!

178886.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The scary halloween chart had disappeared but has returned on todays 12z GFS model. The ECMWF has joined it with a 970 mb low instead.

halloween2.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Another little flirt with the cold .

178993.png

178994.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

I WOULD LIKE SNOWWWWWWW. :) THANKS. X

ff9999 wrote: »
    I WOULD LIKE SNOWWWWWWW. :) THANKS. X

You could be waiting a while, no sign of aything in the models

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭ff9999

You could be waiting a while, no sign of aything in the models

Unfortunately true, but I can wait 'til December I just hope we get some around Christmas time... :D beats all this stoooopid rain

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

My faith is slowly creeping back:D

ColdFI.png

snowrkFI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

^^^^^^

Heart warming to say the least:D MindGaM

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    My faith is slowly creeping back:D

ColdFI.png

snowrkFI.png

My faith is slowly creeping back -- mine too , nice one ;)

NIALL D wrote: »
    My faith is slowly creeping back -- mine too , nice one ;)

Whats the bets it will be gone by the next run ? :D and it is

gfs-1-372.png?6

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Whats the bets it will be gone by the next run ? :D and it is

gfs-1-372.png?6

Sure thats half the fun !! :pac:

Some nice charts tonight!

FI850s.png

FIsnowrisk.png

If only this was in another 6 weeks!
    FIblizzardnearly.png

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm more worried about further flooding looking at that system. Stalls over us for a few days, let alone one day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

so more flooding coming t dublin? seeing as you said it will last a few days will we see same damage and rainfall as sunday and monday?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

More than likely not, the forecast is too far to accurately predict at the moment. Wait until after Halloween and we'll have a clearer picture as to what will happen

Enderman wrote: »
    I'm more worried about further flooding looking at that system. Stalls over us for a few days, let alone one day.

I honestly wouldn't worry about it, it's much too far away to be reliable. I posted it more to show how that with 850s just a few degrees lower (as they will be in 6 weeks) that chart would have serious blizzard potential.

The end of the weekend and early next week are where you should be focusing for flooding potential. 15-25mm around Monday and then up to 30mm on Wednesday currently forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    The end of the weekend and early next week are where you should be focusing for flooding potential. 15-25mm around Monday and then up to 30mm on Wednesday currently forecast.

How reliable is that forecast for Monday at this stage and what time of the day is the rain due to hit ? Also, any wind with it. Doing marathon on Monday :eek:

HELLOOOO :):):)

179406.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Iancar29 wrote: »
    HELLOOOO :):):)

179406.png
    Happy days but more than likely next run will be GOOOODBYE :(

kit3 wrote: »
    How reliable is that forecast for Monday at this stage and what time of the day is the rain due to hit ? Also, any wind with it. Doing marathon on Monday :eek:

At the moment the GFS is showing lightish rain for most of the day with something moderate-heavy between about 9:00 and 15:00. Quite breezy too but nothing stormy.
    ECM showing the rain passing through the night before and clearing before noon on Monday though.
    Will need another day or 2 to get a better idea of things.

When looking out for the Jet Stream , where Ideally would we like it to be ???

179516.png

When looking out for the Jet Stream , where Ideally would we like it to be ???

179516.png

Well down south near north Africa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

From the deepest reaches of FI:
    179580.png

179579.png

Advertisement