Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Charts 2011/2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

:eek:...... Thats would be CRRRRRRAAAAZZZZZYY!

Imagine.............................

Someone should send this to the papers for the craic hahahahahaha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

What would this mean if it were to come about ? Doing Dublin marathon that day ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

kit3 wrote: »
    What would this mean if it were to come about ? Doing Dublin marathon that day ....

It won't. Pure fantasy. If it did happen then the marathon would have to happen another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I realise it's pure fantasty - have been following this forum for a while but don't understand the charts at all - what is the fantasy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

I realise it's pure fantasty - have been following this forum for a while but don't understand the charts at all - what is the fantasy ?

Like yourself so have I and I can now go into the pub and talk about weather patterns (which I know little or nothing about), models runs and FI (Fantasy Island) - i.e. predictions of weather models beyond 8 days or 192 hours.
    Here you go:
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1
    Runs every 6 hours and click on "Suite" for FI - i.e. model predictions beyond 8 days. It has made my world a better place, especially in winter, even though I know little or nothing about weather prediction. Happy to leave that to MT and others on this site.

• Advertisement

The set up in the picture above would bring extremely stormy weather across the whole of the country. Usually a low that deep would have it's centre well to the north and west out at sea. The centre there in the chart is just off the coast.

In the very next run of the computer forecasts that scenario I posted up had already disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

kstand wrote: »
    Like yourself so have I and I can now go into the pub and talk about weather patterns (which I know little or nothing about), models runs and FI (Fantasy Island) - i.e. predictions of weather models beyond 8 days or 192 hours.
    Here you go:
    http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=6&code=0&mode=1
    Runs every 6 hours and click on "Suite" for FI - i.e. model predictions beyond 8 days. It has made my world a better place, especially in winter, even though I know little or nothing about weather prediction. Happy to leave that to MT and others on this site.

Thank you very much for that link! Been looking for that link for ages lol

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

nothing great at all showing up today !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

NIALL D wrote: »

Have to agree with you there, no cold what so ever:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

The ensembles always throw up something!

2zjak4i.png

Awhatup -8 uppers? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

2zjak4i.png

wow thats actually sweet one ... if only.........................:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

wow thats actually sweet one ... if only.........................:o

thatd bring snow to lower levels wouldnt it?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

2zjak4i.png

Got there before me!

Pretty chilly for 2pm in early November
    cold.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

MiNdGaM3 wrote: »
    Got there before me!

Pretty chilly for 2pm in early November
    cold.png

I think those temps seem to be well off, certainly showing temps much warmer than they should for some of the last few nights I think.

JMA having fun:

178636.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

JMA having fun:

178636.GIF

Why is it the opposite way around :confused:

I think those temps seem to be well off, certainly showing temps much warmer than they should for some of the last few nights I think.

Oh I know its not going to happen. It's just an outlier ensemble member at the very extreme end of FI. I only posted it for entertainment purposes since this is the FI thread. :pac:

Oh I know its not going to happen. It's just an outlier ensemble member at the very extreme end of FI. I only posted it for entertainment purposes since this is the FI thread. :pac:

I know that! I mean the charts they show 6 hours ahead seem to show warmer temps than we actually get.

Wasn't referring to the FI charts at all!

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Why is it the opposite way around :confused:

For some reason the 24h forecast on the JMA model isn't working. Either than or the artic ice cap is going to melt tomorrow!

JMA having fun:

Haha, pole shift. The Russian model is usually the best with those glitches though.

• Advertisement

Haha, pole shift. The Russian model is usually the best with those glitches though.

Should I start wearing a tinfoil hat or something ?

2012 comes early !!! :p:pac:

We could get all the way into November mild by looks of things! You need to find some fantasy soon if you want your early snow guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

GFS pub run and way out in FI

h850t850eu.png

Best I could do this morning

gfs-1-360_cth8.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

JMA having fun:

178636.GIF

I'm booking a skiing holiday in Algeria and then topping up the tan in Lapland going by that chart...

If you want a mild November (nothing like the control run of the GEM at +360hrs to show desperation for something out of the ordinary!)

178766.png

SLim pickings at the moment alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I love coming to look at these posts, especially the ones that look like a toddler got into a colouring pencil set and just went mental :pac:

Keep up the good work here in FI...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Tried hard to look for something of interest this morning, best I could find was -4C uppers over the northern half of the country on one of the GEM ensembles, which ain't really worth posting imo. At least this isn't mid winter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

my god

fantasy island is not even showing any exciting weather.

very disappointing could be in for a long mild winter. :(

Advertisement