Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 2.5lbs this week.1lb left until I reach target

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Down 2.5lbs this week.1lb left until I reach target

Go you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

half a bloody pound! :(:(
    So frustrated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Feeling so disappointed, i've been up the last 3 weeks in a row with a total of 3.5lbs up, totally not like me. Need some serious motivation.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Down 1.5lbs this week & finally got my 2st award :-D

Just 1.5lbs to target!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

In need of a serious kick up the backside. Back to meetings tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭bewhiched

In need of a serious kick up the backside. Back to meetings tonight!

I'm the same need to join back I think slipping back to my old ways!!!!!
    Need motivation badly

Another pound down this week, just half a pound left to my target which will hopefully come next week & less than 6 months in Slimming World.
    Wish I'd know about this wonderful way of life a long time ago cos it's really working for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

MS2011, you have given me so much inspiration i'm going to join Slimming World tonight in Galway. Needless to say i will have many questions to ask as you're all doing so well, thank you for keeping us lurkers up to date with your progress every week.

I have 1.5- 2 st approx to lose. Wish me luck!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Another pound down this week, just half a pound left to my target which will hopefully come next week & less than 6 months in Slimming World.
    Wish I'd know about this wonderful way of life a long time ago cos it's really working for me :-)

Well done.I'm down 0.5lb this week with 0.5 left to target as well.

Welcome arandale.Good luck for tonight you won't regret it.

• Advertisement

arandale wrote: »
    MS2011, you have given me so much inspiration i'm going to join Slimming World tonight in Galway. Needless to say i will have many questions to ask as you're all doing so well, thank you for keeping us lurkers up to date with your progress every week.

I have 1.5- 2 st approx to lose. Wish me luck!!!

I had much the same (30lbs) to lose & tbh it seemed v.daunting in the begining but every pound & half pound adds up & before you know it you're within reach of your target & that's a great feeling ;-)

Well done.I'm down 0.5lb this week with 0.5 left to target as well .

Well done, feels good doesn't it!!!

Well done, feels good doesn't it!!!

It sure does.Just in time for my holiday's.Are you thinking of lowering your target.I might lower mine(after my holiday's though)

It sure does.Just in time for my holiday's.Are you thinking of lowering your target.I might lower mine(after my holiday's though)

Yeah, gonna aim for another stone for my wedding in March, that's the weight I would have been in my late teens, early twenties but if I fall anywhere between my target now & that extra stone I'll happy.
    Gonna relax & enjoy being on target for awhile though ;-)

Enjoy your hols!!!

Yeah, gonna aim for another stone for my wedding in March, that's the weight I would have been in my late teens, early twenties but if I fall anywhere between my target now & that extra stone I'll happy.
    Gonna relax & enjoy being on target for awhile though ;-)

Enjoy your hols!!!

I will thanks.

You will look fab for your wedding in March & you''ll have a tiny dress :)

I will thanks.

You will look fab for your wedding in March & you''ll have a tiny dress :)

I actually ordered my dress back in Feb before I started Slimming World, I never thought I would get here so quick. I now have to get my dress taken in 2, possibly 3 dress sizes!!!
    A good complaint though :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Well done you Ms2011 and the best of luck.

Thank you both for the welcome. Just in from work and had dinner which was lovely, finding it hard to get my head round all the food i can have.

arandale wrote: »
    Well done you Ms2011 and the best of luck.

Thank you both for the welcome. Just in from work and had dinner which was lovely, finding it hard to get my head round all the food i can have.

It's weird isn't it, I love my grub so spending my starving would have got old fast for me!!

Hello my name is Ms2011 & I am now offically a TARGET MEMBER in Slimming World!!!!
    Chuffed to bits so I am :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Hello my name is Ms2011 & I am now offically a TARGET MEMBER in Slimming World!!!!
    Chuffed to bits so I am :-D

Woohoo!!! Nice one MS Congratulations!!! You bloody well should be chuffed to bits...enjoy your lovely sparkly sticker ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

I have been doing slimming world now for four weeks and have lost a decent 5 pounds :) (Taking into consideration that I have been all over the place since I started! New job, leaving party for old job etc!)

But one thing I just cant get my head around is that a banana is superfree, but cooking it turns it into 5 syns! :O
    I made some no flour banana pancakes this morning that I found on a fitness website and thought this was the best thing ever! Until I remembered cooked fruit is high syn. :(

Deflated.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Yeah I really that annoyed me too no more smoothies and the one fruit that you have to eat cooked is rhubarb which I love they say all fruit is free but youre not gonna eat raw rhubarb bleugh! anyway is is the reasoning behind it, because it becomes less high satiety when cooked of blended. Think how long it takes to eat one apple, now think how much fruit you would need to blend to make a smoothie and the smoothie would be less filling than if you ate each of the pieces of fruit in their raw state. Hope that helps

It's mainly to do with the body having to work at digesting the food when it's in it's natural state (Apples etc) whereas when it's in a smoothie all the work has already been done and your body just absorbs the sugars etc from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hi guys,

Has anyone done the Scan Bran challenge, we're doing it this week. Anyone have any good recipe ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Just joined slimming world, trying to get my head around the plan, I am former WW so it's a whole new world not weighing and measuring :p

stickybean wrote: »
    Just joined slimming world, trying to get my head around the plan, I am former WW so it's a whole new world not weighing and measuring :p

You still need to do *some* weighing and measuring. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Got nominated for woman of the year...I didnt win...but it was nice to be nominated.

3rd weigh in since getting to target and im still there...just about. Im down to thelowest pound. ..so that'll get me through to Sept when I'll reset my target.

So, so far so good

Guys, do you know where I would find a list of free foods, for example yogurts, mullier rice, mug shots? I seen them on the table at the meeting but never took note - thanks xxx

stickybean wrote: »
    Guys, do you know where I would find a list of free foods, for example yogurts, mullier rice, mug shots? I seen them on the table at the meeting but never took note - thanks xxx

www.slimmingworld.ie

There should be a PIN on your book from when you registered. Register on the site and once you log in you have a plethora of tools at your beck and call to use for exactly that.

There's also loads of recepies for you to try on there too. It really is a good resource. Also if you have a smartphone download the 'A taste of slimming world' app as it's the same thing but in a mobile app.

Very handy stuff especially for when wandering around the supermarket wondering what you can buy.

• Advertisement

Thanks Achilles x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement