Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I just had a Tayto bar. 8 1/2 syns... won't be having any more syns today (dinners are usually free in our house) but MY GOD it was so worth it. Nom nom nom...

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Frustrated_WW

Hello all, yes I'm doing it from home again. Long history of obesity and diets/plans not working incl. SW. - it's a very long story and I won't bore you with it :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Anyway as already said here, not everyone finds the group sessions helpful, in particular the Body Image afterwards (have I got that right?)
    Personally I have tried SW for over 15 years, and basically the problem for me is that the EE plan doesn't work for me and the unlimited portions of free food again doesn't work for me.
    None of the groups really do the Red or Green plans and they always push the EE one. So I've found that using the online membership give me all the access I need to look up syns, healthy extras plus of course the recipes. Then I use the minimins forum for amazing recipes and ideas. As well as that I have all the Facebook pages, 2 of which are specifically for the red plan days.
    I'm in Co. Wicklow, anyone else nearby ??
    All the best :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Down 1.5lbs, another 4lbs to my 2st award & a further 2lbs to target :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lala20131

Hi everyone!
    I'm thinking slimming world sounds great and I want to join straight away and get started but because of work I can't get to the meeting in my area! I'm thinking of joining online and following the extra easy plan? Is it worth the money to join online? Will I get all of the information I need to be successful? Just wondering if anyone could help me out with their experience :)
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get another book? I've lost mine since last week - gutted the whole house, checked handbags etc and it has vanished! Would it be possible to ask for a new one at weigh-in next week, would I have to pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get another book? I've lost mine since last week - gutted the whole house, checked handbags etc and it has vanished! Would it be possible to ask for a new one at weigh-in next week, would I have to pay for it?

I think someone said in class that they are 27 euro for a new pack, but they may sell the book separately, otherwise you'd have to re-join, it would be cheaper!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    I think someone said in class that they are 27 euro for a new pack, but they may sell the book separately, otherwise you'd have to re-join, it would be cheaper!

Crikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

There are tonnes of them on eBay hon

Also could someone tell me, do you have to use your healthy extra A and B everyday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Well Slimming World do reccommend that you do use it just to get the proper amount of fibre and calcium intake I always have either bread or cereal and need a bit in my cuppa so I always use it every day I only use a small amount of milk so I use the other half of my hexa on cheese yum

• Advertisement

miss choc wrote: »
    Well Slimming World do reccommend that you do use it just to get the proper amount of fibre and calcium intake I always have either bread or cereal and need a bit in my cuppa so I always use it every day I only use a small amount of milk so I use the other half of my hexa on cheese yum

Okay that's grand I just got to the end of the day and realised I hadn't used them yet! so I'm having scrambeled egg and toast with butter and some oranges! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 3.5lbs this week.Got my 1.5stone award as well.Only 3.5lbs to target :D

Congrats on all the losses I went up half lb but knew it on Sat I was tired from gardening/cleaning house and had no food in was dying for a "proper" takeaway Indian tasted soooo good got my fix so wont have that in a while now dont believe in cutting out naughty foods out of your life completly :D Went to Lidl yesterday and stocked up on yummy fruit Tesco was a disaster for fruit rocket best before 24th June and slimy melon pieces :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

5.5lbs down this week....it wasn't easy. My head was totally out of the game and I couldn't turn away from syns like I could in Jan. ..so I got my head back into it and went for no more than 5 syns a day and no alcohol. ..I knew it was only going to be for a week so I kept my head down and got on with it.

Sooooooooo....that brings the loss to 4 stone and happily to target. I went to tesco last night to get some celebratory nibbles and drinks for me and the hubby and as I was standing in the sweet aisle I thought now lets have something I haven't had in 6 months and then I realised ive actually had it all at one time or another. That's the glory og slimming world, once to incorporate it into your syns there's nothing you cant have.

Im still not entirely happy with the end result...I reckon I could do with another half stone gone but im getting so much hassle from friends and family not to go too far that im just going to relax...enjoy the summer and then go for another target in Sept.

5.5lbs down this week....it wasn't easy. My head was totally out of the game and I couldn't turn away from syns like I could in Jan. ..so I got my head back into it and went for no more than 5 syns a day and no alcohol. ..I knew it was only going to be for a week so I kept my head down and got on with it.

Sooooooooo....that brings the loss to 4 stone and happily to target. I went to tesco last night to get some celebratory nibbles and drinks for me and the hubby and as I was standing in the sweet aisle I thought now lets have something I haven't had in 6 months and then I realised ive actually had it all at one time or another. That's the glory og slimming world, once to incorporate it into your syns there's nothing you cant have.

Im still not entirely happy with the end result...I reckon I could do with another half stone gone but im getting so much hassle from friends and family not to go too far that im just going to relax...enjoy the summer and then go for another target in Sept.

Well done.You must be very proud of yourself :)

I really am :D im thinking how to spend my extra healthy extra :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Well done Hannibal, that's brilliant! I lost 3lb this week and I really don't know how, I was so bold at times. I think maybe because the week before was my first week and I didn't lose a lot that it was just catching up or something. I don't care why, I got away with it :D Need to be good now all week as have a birthday party to go to on Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

That is brilliant! 4 stone loss is amazing! Well done you :)
    I also reached target today with a loss of over 3 stone. Such a great feeling no doubt and celebrating myself with a few drinks tonight. It's been a tough few weeks trying to get to target. Unbelievable feeling finally getting here :)

That is brilliant! 4 stone loss is amazing! Well done you :)
    I also reached target today with a loss of over 3 stone. Such a great feeling no doubt and celebrating myself with a few drinks tonight. It's been a tough few weeks trying to get to target. Unbelievable feeling finally getting here :)

Well done.It's great to see some people getting to target now.Great motivation for the rest of us.

Congratulations skippydoo...fantastic achievement! Enioy your well earned beers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey haven't chimed in here in ages, congrats to everyone getting their target. I've been up and down like a yo yo, got my Club 10 last week and was back up 1.5lb this week, hoping to get my 1 stone award next week but going to be tough, bbq last night,dinner and drinks this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Hey guys,

Going to Eddie Rockets tonight and wondering what the best options are. The veggie burger is 323cals (approx 16.5 syns) so not too bad. What would you recommend. Also going to the cinema so going to try stear clear of the popcorn. Been pretty good with my syns this week, so have a few to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Rejoined this week after a couple of years so see how it goes!!! Luncthimes are a bit of a struggle but will get onto the website for some ideas!

Eddies Rockets soo good but this link is depressing if 20 cals = 1 syn :eek: I'd would say eat lots of meat stuff chicken fillet eg, diet drinks and plain chips steer clear of the milk shakes, guacamole, cheesey fried stuff the usual yummy stuff :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Dovies wrote: »
    Rejoined this week after a couple of years so see how it goes!!! Luncthimes are a bit of a struggle but will get onto the website for some ideas!

Do what I do and just bring in stuff to make your own sandwiches.

People may look at you funny but it's worth it in the long run!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Down 3.5lbs this week, 2lbs to go to my 2st award & another 2lbs to target yay!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Achilles wrote: »
    Do what I do and just bring in stuff to make your own sandwiches.

People may look at you funny but it's worth it in the long run!

Ah the girls all do that in here but I go home for lunch lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭vibes23

Been doing SW since Jan, first 2 months i was going deadly slimmer /week/month no problem by April was down 2 stone, then i just lost all motivation and been strugglin since to get back on track. but back on 12.5 pound. i have missed odd day but i go most wks. just at the mo i am wastin 9 euro cause i aint following plan but i dont wana give up.

im losing interest but i know it works just cant get back on track

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

vibes I know how you feel, I hate the weight I'm carrying but I just can't stay focused for long enough to do the job :(

• Advertisement

Guys you can do it. It's so hard in the summer months with bbqs and beers that's one of the reasons I wanted to get to target by the summer.

But a few weeks ago I was struggling....couldn't say no to syns like I could in the winter but I knew it was nothing to do with the plan it was all to do with me.

So...stick to the one third super free /two thirds free rule at every meal. Maybe even sneak a bit more super free on and you're naturally cutting down on your portion sizes and bulking up on veg/salad/fruit.

Give yourself a target for the next week of 1lb...and keep a 1lb loss in your head every time you're hungry and it should keep you on the straight and norrow. Stock your fridge and freezer with super free...bags of fruit...frozen veg...prepared salad so you have no excuses not to be putting auperfree with everything and you always have an option when hungry.

Use your syns...don't deprive yourselves there's no need.

1lb a week is so doable and you might even knock off an extra one without knowing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement