Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Finally down 1lb after over a month of being up or staying the same. Hope that it will start going in the right direction now

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Down 2lbs tonight, 9.5 in 3 weeks. Chuffed with myself, determined to really go for it this week as had 2 meals out last week. 2 more weigh-ins before my hols, would love my stone for then.

coughdrops wrote: »
    Down 2lbs tonight, 9.5 in 3 weeks. Chuffed with myself, determined to really go for it this week as had 2 meals out last week. 2 more weigh-ins before my hols, would love my stone for then.

ahem... well that plan went to pot! I can pull it together in 3 days, right? :D:o

Another 2 lbs last night. Very happy and surprised.

Hope the rest of you are getting on ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Well done cough drops you're doing great!

Im another 2lbs down too...but have been failing ever since. I've not fallen off the wagon altogether but im hanging on the back! Lol

I'll get my head back in it tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Well done cough drops you're doing great!

Im another 2lbs down too...but have been failing ever since. I've not fallen off the wagon altogether but im hanging on the back! Lol

I'll get my head back in it tomorrow

I'm at target but would really like to lose another 9lbs before I get married but I'm finding it so hard to get my head back in the game also :O

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I'm at target but would really like to lose another 9lbs before I get married but I'm finding it so hard to get my head back in the game also :O

I was at target too....ive lost 4 st since jan...took the summer off and now want to lose more. For some reason I got it in my head to get to a 5 stone loss. Im 7 and a half pounds away...but good god I cannot get back in the game! !!

Have any of you done Success Express? Starting that today as really want 3lbs off this week. It might give you a kick start if you try it for a few days?

Nah I never did success express. If my head isnt in the game for the normal plan its not going to endure that.

Good luck with it though..hope you get your loss xx

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Joined last week having planned to and put it off for months. Must say, I'm struggling and really not looking forward to my first weigh in on Wednesday :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭RH149

Down 4lbs at my first weigh in so happy with that:)

Well done!

Was down 1.5 lbs last night, 13 lbs in total. Was hoping I'd get my stone, but never mind!

13lbs is still amazing, well done!!

Thanks Ms2011... I'll get over it lol

Up 1lb last week and STS this week, so frustrating. Have seen no progress since June now, not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭schadenfreude8

hi Guys,
    Signed up to boards to post here:D
    started SW this year, Doing well, find it great even as a bloke,
    lost 4.5lbs last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 rizzle_g

Hi all,

Have been reading this forum for the last few weeks and have found it a great support! Started SW a month ago, lost 7.5lbs the first fortnight but have been up .5lb each week since so 6.5lbs lost in total.. Find the plan really easy to follow but had a hectic few weeks with the All-Ireland (broken hearted Mayo woman here!!) and birthdays and whatnot. Trying to get my mojo back this week and hopefully get a good loss :)

I have lost 120 pounds since I have started...every week the loss can be different. I stuck to the plan 90% of the time and it will work. Just plan your day/ week.

I have lost 120 pounds since I have started...every week the loss can be different. I stuck to the plan 90% of the time and it will work. Just plan your day/ week.

Amazing!!!

thanks,

been a great year, we have a great class, its the people that make it. i have tried all the plans, with i think success express bringing the best results, up to 7lbs in a week:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Lauzzy22

I joined slimming world after Xmas was a size 12 and went to a size10 within a month. There wasn't really much wrong with my figure but I wasn't happy with the way I was. First week I lost 3 pounds then after that it was 2 pounds each week. Goin on walks really helps the weight loss aswel. Done the herbalife diet and thought it was torture and so not worth the money. I was just living for my dinner every day. With slimming world your just food optimising and it helps you be more aware of the good and bad, your not starving yourself and its a life change. I don't go to th meetings any more but still go by the diet for breakfast lunch and dinner. I write down what I eat too that really really helps. I've noticed a big change since last year In photos my arms are skinny and my face and my stomach is flatter too and people keep asking what I'm doing. Without a doubt the best diet. And u can make lots of syn free meals that taste like there bad for u but there not at all. Anyone want advice pm mail me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭LittleMissDiva

Hello, my GP advised me today to join SW and I was wondering if its hard to follow the plan when you are working = breakfast/lunch at work? Means it that I have to cook my meal on the evening before to bring it with me to work? Thank you :)

Planning is a big part of any weight loss programme. The flexibility of Sw means your not that restricted in what you can eat. One member of our group cooks a weeks meals on weekend and defrosts as needed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm not in slimming world, but my wife is. There's a lot to be said for using butter and oil in cooking, 1 cal spray doesn't enhance any taste buds. In saying that, I've eaten a fry nearly every weekend lately. No sausages, and all syn free. Well, I have butter on granary toast, but I'm not dieting. Some of the other recipes are fab, turkey burgers are amazing and the mega stir fry, mmmm. She has lost about 2 lbs pretty week, has loads of energy and is never starving.

Running 5km 3 times a week too, so it's not all down to dieting.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

i agree on the excersise part, you do need to incorporate into the SW plan, but as you do loose weight you have more energy and want to get fitter, its the waterfall effect.

The 1 cal sprays are of major debate with me. But i will continute to use them until target. I try and stay away from the frys etc also as i feel i have a worse day if i start on cooked food. Its a mental thing.

beertons wrote: »
    I'm not in slimming world, but my wife is. There's a lot to be said for using butter and oil in cooking, 1 cal spray doesn't enhance any taste buds. In saying that, I've eaten a fry nearly every weekend lately. No sausages, and all syn free. Well, I have butter on granary toast, but I'm not dieting. Some of the other recipes are fab, turkey burgers are amazing and the mega stir fry, mmmm. She has lost about 2 lbs pretty week, has loads of energy and is never starving.

Running 5km 3 times a week too, so it's not all down to dieting.

90% of it is diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Danniboo wrote: »
    90% of it is diet.

Do u really think so Danni? I've often wondered that myself, and I hope it's true as I do feck all exercise due to a bad back at the minute.. I do feel when I do exercise that I'm less inclined to 'breakout' in regards to food as I don't want to undo my hard work- so maybe that's why it's beneficial to people.. I don't know!

In my group im the only one who exercises regularly. Some of them say about going on walks every once in a while but nothing substantial from what I hear and the stones are dropping off them. Our consultant has never even mentioned the activity awards. Id have the lot of them by now if I knew about them!

I run 3 times a week and do sw so I don't know which one is working for me, but take up exercise if you can. Once the weight comes off and you have more energy you'll see how far you've come on two levels...one on the scales and the other in your fitness level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 capricorn30

Hi All,

First time on Boards, but hoping I can use it for a bit of SW motivation.

Just completed my first week, had my weigh in and I'm very disappointed. Followed the plan to the letter for 6 out of 7 days.
    Got really into the SW recipes, and I spent a fortune on fruit, veg, lean meat and spices. I used my syns mainly in the evening for something sweet, but stuck to the 15 syns a day for 6 out of 7 days.
    Admittedly, I did have a couple of slip up's at the weekend on a night out, though I did try to minimise damage with diet mixers and light beers rather than anything too heavy, but I wouldn't have thought they would have caused much of a difference between Saturday night and Monday evening. If anything, I would have thought that the damage would carry over and be a problem at next week's weigh in (is this a reasonable assumption or not?)

I tried WW in the past, but it just wasn't for me. The constant weighing food got the better of me. I really thought that SW was going to be a solution for me. I'm seriously disheartened now, and I'm generally quite impatient with myself, so I'm worried that this setback will completely scupper my attempts.

I have maybe about a stone and a half to lose in total, and I'm not exactly in a huge panic to lose it, but it's very disappointing not to see any results whatsoever after thinking I was more or less on the right track.
    Given that everybody seems to rave about how much weight they lose on SW, and that the first week's weight loss is generally the largest, I'm even more down about it.

Has anybody else had a similar experience in their first week?
    Am I being a complete drama queen?

• Advertisement

Did you do a food diary? You don't say how you did...did you lose/maintain/put up?

It's important to know how much you went over your syns by. If you already used your max 15 per day then you have none left to flexi syn with at the weekend. So how could you lose weight if you're going over your syn allowance?

The food diary is the key though. Do onethis week and ggive it to your consultant next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement