Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 2.5lbs this week.Delighted with myself.7lbs left to go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Weigh in tomorrow, I'd to lose a pound this week to get my 1.5st award but was down with my parents (aka the feeders) over the weekend so I'm not feeling too confident :O
    Hopefully I've done enough 'repair work' to still lose that pound, watch this space...!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Yeah it's so annoying when you are so close to a goal I was 1.5lbs away from my 2 stone and went up 1 now have to try and shift the 2.5lbs :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Down 3lbs got my 3 and a half stone award...6 and a half pounds to target...wwe're into single figures!!!

Down just half a pound this week, half a pound off my 1.5st award...so near & yet so far :-/

• Advertisement

2lbs lost this week & finally got my stone & half award & am back to a healthy BMI again :-D
    Just another 7.5lbs to my target yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well after one week of a maintain, another week of being up a pound and up another pound and a half I was down 8.5lbs last night.

Delighted.

Achilles wrote: »
    Well after one week of a maintain, another week of being up a pound and up another pound and a half I was down 8.5lbs last night.

Delighted.

Holy crap, thats amazing!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hi everyone, I've been an absolute disaster. After coming back from holidays I continued on with total over-indulgence. Since March I have put on 6.5lbs which is just ridiculous. I'm not getting anything from Group (my Group has 60 people in it) and while I like the people it's just of no benefit. So from today I am going to do SW from home with a colleague and we are going to WI every Thursday morning. Does anyone else do it from home? How do you find it? I don't know where the hell my motivation has been for the last few months but I need to get it back, and sharpish!! I'm doing well so far today. Do you guys keep a food diary? What works best?

I might start doing SW from home once I reach my target, money's tight at the moment so it's getting harder to justify the €9 each week.
    I'd be interested to see how you get on!

• Advertisement

Merkin wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've been an absolute disaster. After coming back from holidays I continued on with total over-indulgence. Since March I have put on 6.5lbs which is just ridiculous. I'm not getting anything from Group (my Group has 60 people in it) and while I like the people it's just of no benefit. So from today I am going to do SW from home with a colleague and we are going to WI every Thursday morning. Does anyone else do it from home? How do you find it? I don't know where the hell my motivation has been for the last few months but I need to get it back, and sharpish!! I'm doing well so far today. Do you guys keep a food diary? What works best?

You're not in the Stillorgan group by any chance are you?

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I might start doing SW from home once I reach my target, money's tight at the moment so it's getting harder to justify the €9 each week.
    I'd be interested to see how you get on!

Once you reach target and stay 2lbs up or down you don't have to pay.

Once you reach target and stay 2lbs up or down you don't have to pay.

Better get these last 7.5lbs off so before the money runs out ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Merkin id start from scratch if I were you. ...go back to food diaries and syn calculating. ..I obow what you mean about getting nothing from group. ..ours isnt much better really. ..there's about 70 people in it and all the outspoken funny people use it to have the craic. We have a consultant who is a fantastic inspiration and great for pushing losses bit im getting peed off with her whole attitude ti exercise. I weighed in at a different group on Tues coz I couldn't get to class and I saw they all have these bronze, silver and gold stickers I hadnt a clue what they were till I asked...theyre body magic awards. ..never knew such things existed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Stayed the same this week :(

Does anybody know what bread rolls I can have as a hex b?I'd like to make burger's at some stage this week & use the roll as a bun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Hi all,

Just came across this thread, its very handy! I joined SW on 16th Jan, I had lost 7 lbs on my own the first 2 weeks of Jan, and since then have lost 3st 1.5lbs with SW. I am delighted, I have a long way to go to target, realistically another 3st, but I guess at least I am half way there!

I was just reading through some previous posts, and have to agree, I get absolutely NOTHING from the meetings. I have gone religiously every week, paid my €9, and after a few weeks just gave up staying. Its a big group, and like a similar posters, its just for certain group, who all know each other etc. I have NEVER gotten a cert or sticker for any of the milestones I have reached. I know I should just say it, I am just that fed up at this stage I just leave! I have consistently lost 2-3 lbs per week, with a few maintains, but the group just doesnt do it for me! It is a certain few that all know each other, and there is NO focus at all on exercise which I really dont understand. I went to another group one night I missed my own, and had actually lost 7lbs that week (had a holiday week the week before so it was actually 2 weeks of loss really!) and couldnt get over the different, they were so encouraging, and they had a big chart with bronze, silver and gold fitness awards, and there was a clear focus on exercise.

I really think exercise is really important, I have built up to 3-4 times per week, joined a team and play with them 2 nights a week, and walk/jog myself 2 other nights. SW could arrange a walking group or similar, but doesn't seem to be important at all for whatever reason?

Anyhow I am just looking for some advice. I am thinking of stopping going to the meetings, saving my €9, and weighing in myself weekly. I really think after nearly 6 months on the plan that I will stick to it myself, I have never been so motivated, and now that the weight is coming off I do feel like I will stick to the plan. If I am honest I actually starting using myfitnesspal in the last two monthes or so in addition to SW, just to have an idea of calorie content, and the amount of fat, protein etc etc I was eating, and am sticking to that also. I do completely agree with the principles of SW, and find it really good, but I do feel like it has some shortcomings, and there is no emphasis at all on education people about the content of food.

I would be interested to hear from others who have gone it alone please??!

Welcome to the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrsMagoo99

Hi,

I usually lurk here and have found the thread inspiring. I'm kinda in the same boat as you Mimojo, not getting much from staying to group, even though I do every week. Mine is the same about exercise and abit cliquey. I'm losing consistently 1-2lbs, down 1st 3lbs so far, have another 3.5st to go. I'd also be interested in hearing how people fare when they do it on their own.

At the moment I'm tied in with SW as I got a countdown plan which takes me up to my summer hols, I'm considering going it alone after that and sticking me yoyos in one of those tins you have to attack with a can-opener, splurge when I get to target, whadyis think??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrsMagoo99

Stayed the same this week :(

Does anybody know what bread rolls I can have as a hex b?I'd like to make burger's at some stage this week & use the roll as a bun :)

I've been using the Aldi wholemeal finger rolls, they weigh 60g, so I count them as a HexB or 6syns.

Also been trying quorn burgers, on offer in Teso at the moment for €1.50, they're 1/2syn each, the chicken burger style ones are €2.00 and 2.5syns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

So i bit the bullet and rejoined properly. Up 3 and a half pounds in 2 months which is great as had very important exams and was stressed to the max eating a lot of chocolate.

Going to tesco to do big shop and to get this weight off :)

• Advertisement

MrsMagoo99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I usually lurk here and have found the thread inspiring. I'm kinda in the same boat as you Mimojo, not getting much from staying to group, even though I do every week. Mine is the same about exercise and abit cliquey. I'm losing consistently 1-2lbs, down 1st 3lbs so far, have another 3.5st to go. I'd also be interested in hearing how people fare when they do it on their own.

At the moment I'm tied in with SW as I got a countdown plan which takes me up to my summer hols, I'm considering going it alone after that and sticking me yoyos in one of those tins you have to attack with a can-opener, splurge when I get to target, whadyis think??

Our group can be a bit cliqué too like that but I think you just need to try and talk to more people to get over that feeling, that's what we did anyway and now everyone chats away to us!

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

This made me chuckle, i went to a different class last week as i couldn't make my own group. I realised that my leader is absolutely fab!! The one last week was like the Peter Kay video!!

Stayed the same this week.
    Put in for 2 weeks holidays to try & sort out the finances, hopefully I will be able to go back then, if not I'll be doing SW from home!

MIRMIR82 wrote: »

This made me chuckle, i went to a different class last week as i couldn't make my own group. I realised that my leader is absolutely fab!! The one last week was like the Peter Kay video!!

I bet you went to the Stillorgan group :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Lol, you asked me if I have been to that one and I haven't. Sounds like it might be pretty rubbish though? I have my own WI in the morning (from work) so looking forward to see how I get on, have been really motivated this week so fingers crossed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

No! I'm down in the midlands! :D

Ohh no it's not rubbish at all it's quite good actually! Just sounds similar but I guess they're all the same really.

I just really wanted people on this thread to be in my group, that's all. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hi guys, I'm joining in (again)! I signed back up to SW online on Monday and so far so good, but I appreciate I'm only 3 days in! I've never eaten so many berries or so much melon in my life :D I'm babysitting Saturday night so will be getting chicken in black bean sauce for 5 syns.. going to split a tray with my husband and get boiled rice. I know he'll get chicken balls - anyone any idea how many syns would be in one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Hi guys, I'm joining in (again)! I signed back up to SW online on Monday and so far so good, but I appreciate I'm only 3 days in! I've never eaten so many berries or so much melon in my life :D I'm babysitting Saturday night so will be getting chicken in black bean sauce for 5 syns.. going to split a tray with my husband and get boiled rice. I know he'll get chicken balls - anyone any idea how many syns would be in one??
    i joined back tonight too, used the voucher in reveal , so only had to pay 9 euro rather than 18 euro joining fee and 9 euro weekly fee.....think a chicken ball is around 8 syns afair, have to refresh myself on the books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

8 syns is so much for one chicken ball! I shudder to think how many syns I used to consume every time we got chinese lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement