Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Mharper wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many syns are in Knorr Souper Soups?

There is one syn for every 20 calories. So if you check the nutritional values per serving you should be able to see how many syns there are.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I weighed in yesterday and an down 4.5lb. Delighted. I also fit on some dresses that look crap on me at the moment so this will encourage me on. Thanks for the recipe suggestions. I am goin to try thoseonoodles today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭miss choc

Congrats Daffodil it's a good feeling. Just off topic does anyone know if you get like compassionate leave for Slimming World or do you have to use up your holiday? I cant make my weigh in due to my father in laws funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Ocean Blue

Hi all, thinking about joining slimming world tomorrow.........can anyone tell me the format of a typical class please? The local class is listed as 1.5 hours duration which seems very long.

Thank a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Ocean Blue wrote: »
    Hi all, thinking about joining slimming world tomorrow.........can anyone tell me the format of a typical class please? The local class is listed as 1.5 hours duration which seems very long.

For my meetings it's usually about half hour of weigh ins & then an hour of class.
    It's all v.relaxed though & people will often sit chatting so it never feels that long.
    That said you don't have to stay for the class you can just queue up, get weighed & got home :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Ocean Blue wrote: »

My first class took about 2 hours.The first half hour was been told about the plan & how it work's.The following hour was the class.After that newbies get weighed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

+1lb this week.I deserve it though after what I eat & drink on the weekend.Back on plan today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Down a pound and a half....chuffed with that...I had nearly 15 syns a day and an Indian Sat night so I didn't deserve any more than that

Down a half pound this week, bit frustrated with things moving so slowly at the mo, suppose I should be exppecting it now I'm nearing my target but frustrating all the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Down 5lb this week delighted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

2lbs off tonight. Just 4 lbs now to target. Trying to be reeeaaaallyyyy good is not easy but the end is in sight :)

Up half a pound...I well deserved it....had me full quota of syns every day and didn't leave any extra for Saturday....went out on the complete rip. started off with great intentions with my martini extra dry and slimline tonic...they were going down way too fast so I then changed to corona ....it was worth every ounce :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Oh my nerves took a month long break to study for exams and when i study I eat crap so I wonder how much further I am from target. Back to group tonight so dreading the scales, bit tempted to hop on one at home for a rough idea. I had lost 18lbs since Dec so not sure whether to keep my history or to just pay the €18. Bit broke at moment as got offered a job and have to find €830 for creche fees now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

how do you keep your history i havent gone in like 6 weeks either and was thinking of going back tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

(Peeps head sheepishly around corner) Hi there everyone, remember me? :o Forgive me fellow Fat Fighters for I have Synned. BIG TIME. I've been away on holiday and estimate about cutting through about 300 Syns a day between wine and cheese and general bad behaviour through delicious indulgence. I'm surprised if I don't break the scales in WI tomorrow. Haven't been in a few weeks and need to face the (sad violin) music. Well done to everyone who has kept it up and wish me luck for tomorrow!

Dair wrote: »
    how do you keep your history i havent gone in like 6 weeks either and was thinking of going back tomorrow?

You have to pay 27 instead of 18. Its hard to no what to do

bulmersgal wrote: »

Have you been keeping a food diary online up until now on the SW website? If so I'd say keep your history as all you favourites and food diaries will be saved and they are handy to look back on!

Welcome back you lot! hope your weigh ins aren't ss bad as you expect...I dread the pity clap more than the scales....I'm not helping am I? ;)

I think id pay the 27 bg...after all me hard work I don't think I could start a fresh and
    Wipe away all me slippy slope graph :D

Is it 27 no matter how long you are away???? Im having a poor week all the bills are coming out this week so maybe il wait till next. i reckon im 1lb down since i last went so not doing soo bad but i am getting more lax so till to get the wake up call!!!

I think i need the graph to keep me motivated!!!
    bulmersgal wrote: »

I think i might be with you on the graph front!!!!
    Welcome back you lot! hope your weigh ins aren't ss bad as you expect...I dread the pity clap more than the scales....I'm not helping am I? ;)

I think id pay the 27 bg...after all me hard work I don't think I could start a fresh and
    Wipe away all me slippy slope graph :D

• Advertisement

Down 2.5lbs this week & got my illusive Club 10 :-D
    Aiming for at least another pound next week to get my 1.5st award & then it's' just' another 9lbs to target :-)

so i went to go down and my car battery had died. so weighed myself at home up 4lbs in about 6 weeks so been having 2 great days and really enjoying it again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I was up 1.5lbs this week (being getting fed up with plan a little bit) but I was voted for and won man of the year!

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

Hi everyone. Ok, I joined sw on Tuesday so trying to figure it all out! Today I had 2 weetabix milk and banana so I understand I have to use milk and cereal from the a and b list. The following is what I'm confused on. I had a baked potato, plain tuna, sweetcorn for lunch. So is the Potato 'free' or is it 7 points on red? I don't understand this part of it? Thanks for any help.

Up 2.5lbs which is nothing short of a miracle. Being as good as gold from hereon in as would like a stone off by summer (which going by the current weather should be due some time around September :rolleyes:).

Hope everyone is having a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johndoe656

Just curious here.What is the appeal of slimming world?Besides the community aspect I dont see why you dont just count calories instead of this syn thing.
    And is standard protocol to just weigh yourself once a week at these meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cacybmon

Hi all,
    Do any of you know if any jarred sauces, pasta and other are free. Some are very low in calories and fat such as marks and Spensers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Started back with s/w last Monday, well trying to do it myself as I can't really afford to go the classes and don't have the time. I was in sw up until 3 months ago and was delighted to see I only gained 2lbs!

I'm finding it quite difficult this time trying to think of dinners, I don't eat meat or fish and only the odd bit of chicken. If anyone has any nice veggie recipes I'd appreciate it?

Have my weigh in tomorrow morning so here's hoping I get a loss!

Cacybmon wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Do any of you know if any jarred sauces, pasta and other are free. Some are very low in calories and fat such as marks and Spensers etc?

I think they'd all have some element of syns in them because of any oils or sugar they might use. If its a m & s sauce hey should have it on the slimming world app, so try there. If its a pasta sauce, its just as easy to make your own with passata though.

Weigh in day here...nerves are high as per usual...weekend away and hubbys birthday yesterday. but sure we all have to live ;)

Bulmersgal and merkin those gains are so manageable. You'll probably find BG that as soon as you back on track that 4lbs will be gone in the first week because you'll be back to plan.

All sounds great when I'm sayin it to you guys..but if I'm up a half a pound tonight Oprah will open up shop again just to deal with my devastating tale of woe ;)

• Advertisement

Hi everyone. Ok, I joined sw on Tuesday so trying to figure it all out! Today I had 2 weetabix milk and banana so I understand I have to use milk and cereal from the a and b list. The following is what I'm confused on. I had a baked potato, plain tuna, sweetcorn for lunch. So is the Potato 'free' or is it 7 points on red? I don't understand this part of it? Thanks for any help.

You should be doing the extra easy plan? if so ignore all the green and red and stick with orange. the potato is free...tuna (in brine not oil) is free and sweetcorn Is free so you'd just have to have a salad...or some veg or some fruit to make iphoup your one third superfree . if you are doing red plan...ignore all I've said and wait for some one who knows more to come along :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement