Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Weigh in day again....I know I say it every week, but I'm really not expecting a loss this week. No running, two birthday parties where I didn't even bother counting syns and a general 'couldn't give a monkeys about sw because im sick' attitude will catch me out for sure.

Still whatever today brings, tomorrow is a new week and I'll be back running by Wednesday so I'll deal with it. Just a matter of seeing exactly what damage I did now :o

You might be surprised! And it's all about taking a long-term view anyway. You've been doing consistently well so of course you're going to have bumps along the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Me & my sister do the "praying to the SW Gods" as we queue to get weighed that if they just let us not have a gain this week we'll be SO much better next week, fast forward to the following week & we're doing the same pleading as we queue up :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

That's it...whatever happens I'll fix it. I got loads of surprise gasps when I saw some family members I hadn't seen since Christmas so that will ding dang do for this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Danniboo wrote: »
    Hey,

Glad to see all the info about flexisyns, we had a chat in group last week and seems a lot of people are in the mindframe of using less syns is better, even though that's not the case.
    speaking to the people who've lost the most in my group (several who've lost over 5 stone each), the general consensus is not to go out of your way to use every syn all the time (although one or two do and still lose regularly) but don't go out of your way not to use them either.

ie. they're there to be used, not avoided, but at the sametime don't go out of your way to use them if you don't have to. think of them like your SW credit card. there to be used if you have a need, but it's a limit, not a target. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

vibe666 wrote: »
    speaking to the people who've lost the most in my group (several who've lost over 5 stone each), the general consensus is not to go out of your way to use every syn all the time (although one or two do and still lose regularly) but don't go out of your way not to use them either.

ie. they're there to be used, not avoided, but at the sametime don't go out of your way to use them if you don't have to. think of them like your SW credit card. there to be used if you have a need, but it's a limit, not a target. ;)

Well we were told they are there specifically to be used so why not. Up 1/2lb this week, back to the drawing board this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

Down 2.5lbs this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maoidh

First week of slimming world and lost 5lbs, so delighted!! Feel so more alert and happier and it's only a week. Long may it continue. :)
    Find it ok so far, eating loads and not hungry, think that was my problem up till now wasn't eating enough!!

Down a pound...can't believe it...one jammy cow!!!..... Pound and a half to three stone....I can do this!!!! lol

I find the great thing about syns is they help me eat like a normal person....so of I'm out and about and fancy an ice cream...I can have one for 9 syns but not take the mickey and go to mcdonalds too.

Daniboo....make sure all your superfree are superfree. make sure you're not having peas, corn or psrsnips as superfree and weigh your healthy extras. strip everything right back as if it was week 1 and keep track of your syns.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done everyone on your losses this week. I just got home from holidays so weigh in tomorrow should be interesting and even more nerve wrecking!! :o

Down 1.5lbs this week, down 17lbs in total, 2lbs to my Club 10 & 13lbs left to target :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 skippydoo20

Weigh in tonight and maintained even though I had a really good week. Guess all my naughtiness the weekend before last eventually caught up with me! Well done to you all for your losses this week

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dair

So, had my blow out on friday, kebab and chips and few drinkies sat but back on plan sun and for the first time in AGES im down 1. Was so so so so happy.
    Merkin i did the calorie count thing and was at 1600-1800 each day so ate extra slice of bread sat - tues to bring it up a little more and it worked :) hopefully I wont put it back on next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Dair I am so pleased! I think the body just gets used to a certain way of eating sometimes and the metabolism needs a little reminder to work its magic! Great news on the loss and it sounds like you enjoyed loosening the reigns too, yay :)

I had WI last night and I am UP A POUND. :eek: I'm like an antichrist as a result because I've been particularly strict in the last week and was a mere 1.5lbs off getting my stone award which I thought was definitely in the bag! Oh well. I'm off on holiday next week for ten days so I shall get back on the SW wagon then. Until then I'm going to enjoy some cheese and wine.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Well done Dair :)

I lost 2 lbs :D So happy but am nervous because I got back from hols on monday... hope it doesn't show next week.. aahh!!

Dreading the scales this week!!!
    Confirmation on Thursday, BBQ on Saturday, day out at the beach yesterday...!!!
    I keep telling myself I have to have a life as well as slimming but just dreading what will be my first ever gain :O

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Danniboo wrote: »
    Well we were told they are there specifically to be used so why not. Up 1/2lb this week, back to the drawing board this week.
    yeah, exactly. my point is though, don't get to 10pm and realise you only used 5 syns that day and make that an excuse to eat 10 syns worth of junk just to use them up.

like I said, there to be used as needed, but they are a limit not a daily target. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Hi, I am new, I just joined sw last Thursday.Eating more fruit than ever. I always ate veg so that wasn't a issue. I made the curry sauce from the website this evening, it was delish. Unfortunately I had already planned a night out in a Chinese for Friday night last week so that was a blow out and I had only began. I had chicken curry, and boiled riceSo do I count the chicken as a syn? Still learning the whole thing. Feeling positive though.

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Hi, I am new, I just joined sw last Thursday.Eating more fruit than ever. I always ate veg so that wasn't a issue. I made the curry sauce from the website this evening, it was delish. Unfortunately I had already planned a night out in a Chinese for Friday night last week so that was a blow out and I had only began. I had chicken curry, and boiled riceSo do I count the chicken as a syn? Still learning the whole thing. Feeling positive though.

The boiled rice is free...chicken curry is listed in the back of the book under eating out. I haven't the book beside me so don't know exactly the syn amount.

Down 5lbs this week and finally got my 3st award! 10lbs to my target...we're on the way!!!!

Only think I did different this week was eat more syns and drink plenty of water. whether that's what did the trick I dunno but summat did it!!!

5lbs in one week, that's brill!!

The boiled rice is free...chicken curry is listed in the back of the book under eating out. I haven't the book beside me so don't know exactly the syn amount.

Down 5lbs this week and finally got my 3st award! 10lbs to my target...we're on the way!!!!

Only think I did different this week was eat more syns and drink plenty of water. whether that's what did the trick I dunno but summat did it!!!
    5 lb in one week is excellent, I hope I do as well. Chinese chicken curry isn't on that list in the book which is surprising. It looks like any of those chicken in sauces is around 8 ish syns unless you have battered chicken which drives is up to 17 or 18. (Glad I didn't get chicken balls). I'll ask the girl when I weigh in on Thursday. Meanwhile has anyone else tried any of the recipes on the sw website and can you recommend any tasty ones. I think I'll make stuff up in bulk and freeze them it will help me stay focused.

• Advertisement

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    5 lb in one week is excellent, I hope I do as well. Chinese chicken curry isn't on that list in the book which is surprising. It looks like any of those chicken in sauces is around 8 ish syns unless you have battered chicken which drives is up to 17 or 18. (Glad I didn't get chicken balls). I'll ask the girl when I weigh in on Thursday. Meanwhile has anyone else tried any of the recipes on the sw website and can you recommend any tasty ones. I think I'll make stuff up in bulk and freeze them it will help me stay focused.

The website is great for recipes. I would have been lost without it in the beginning. Does your group have an fb page? its great to get midweek support and ideas from other members.

Look up the chili mince baked potato. The best thing about it is you can use the mince one day with your baked potato, another for spaghetti bolognese and another for chili with rice.

There are some really great recipes out there....my favourite at the moment is curried noodles....plain dried noodles cooked in one pot. in another pot put a chicken/veg/beef stock cube, garlic, paprika water, curry powder, salt and pepper and boil it all up...then a minute before the noodles are cooked...drain them and put them in the curry pot....cook for 10 to 15 mins. have it with a salad or veg for your suoperfree ....I swear its gorgeous.

Also...spring rolls...get a stir fry mix bag..fry it in a pan with some fry lite, soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice, garlic , ginger....meanwhile put some lasagna sheets in a pot of boiling water to soften them...spray a tin foiled lined baking sheet with fry lite, put a lasagna sheet on it...scoop some of the stir fry mix on to it roll it up (fold side facing down onto the tray), spray with fry lite and bake for 10-15mins....that's your superfree and free in one go.

Google slimming world chips....they're a life saver and just cube them instead of slicing for roast potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

The website is great for recipes. I would have been lost without it in the beginning. Does your group have an fb page? its great to get midweek support and ideas from other members.

Look up the chili mince baked potato. The best thing about it is you can use the mince one day with your baked potato, another for spaghetti bolognese and another for chili with rice.

There are some really great recipes out there....my favourite at the moment is curried noodles....plain dried noodles cooked in one pot. in another pot put a chicken/veg/beef stock cube, garlic, paprika water, curry powder, salt and pepper and boil it all up...then a minute before the noodles are cooked...drain them and put them in the curry pot....cook for 10 to 15 mins. have it with a salad or veg for your suoperfree ....I swear its gorgeous.

Also...spring rolls...get a stir fry mix bag..fry it in a pan with some fry lite, soy sauce, Chinese 5 spice, garlic , ginger....meanwhile put some lasagna sheets in a pot of boiling water to soften them...spray a tin foiled lined baking sheet with fry lite, put a lasagna sheet on it...scoop some of the stir fry mix on to it roll it up (fold side facing down onto the tray), spray with fry lite and bake for 10-15mins....that's your superfree and free in one go.

Google slimming world chips....they're a life saver and just cube them instead of slicing for roast potatoes.

I must try the spring rolls.I have'nt seen this reciepe before.Thanks

Thank you very much. I was wondering how I could replace koka noodles. To be fair I only ever had them as a treat before sw but I found out that they're 19.5 syns. So this will do nicely instead

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Merkin wrote: »
    Hey! I have been the same and lost 1/2lb over the last 4-5 weeks - totally in a rut! I'm hoping to have a loss again on Wednesday at WI and I've just gone back to basics and have quit wine......!

Are you writing everything down and logging your food? That really does help x

I think to be honest I have just got very cocky because I have lost weight! I have started exercising this week so hopefully that helps. I'm not food optimising 100%, I think I will start to write what i am eating down and see if it helps thanks ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

One of the tips I picked up today in SW for anyone who likes a drink... Extra dry martini ! Only 2.5 syns in 50 ml shot. Tastes lovely with 7up free and wedge of lemon or lime. It's 10 euro in Dunnes for 75ml bottle.

Anyone else have any tips to share ? :-)

shivers27 wrote: »
    One of the tips I picked up today in SW for anyone who likes a drink... Extra dry martini ! Only 2.5 syns in 50 ml shot. Tastes lovely with 7up free and wedge of lemon or lime. It's 10 euro in Dunnes for 75ml bottle.

Anyone else have any tips to share ? :-)

Yeah I drink that now....never heard of it before sw....its gorgeous with slimline tonic (also free)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Down 5lbs last night, was up 1.5lbs last week for the first time in ages.

I had been invited to loads of things last week though including Samsung's Galaxy SIV launch so I had probably had one too many then decided that pizza and full sugar energy drinks were a good idea, whoops.

Stuck strictly to plan all week and down 5lbs and got my 3 1/2 stone award last night so well happy with that!

Achilles wrote: »
    Down 5lbs last night, was up 1.5lbs last week for the first time in ages.

I had been invited to loads of things last week though including Samsung's Galaxy SIV launch so I had probably had one too many then decided that pizza and full sugar energy drinks were a good idea, whoops.

Stuck strictly to plan all week and down 5lbs and got my 3 1/2 stone award last night so well happy with that!

Yay!!! its amazing the results you get when you stick strictly to the plan isn't it....well done

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mharper

Does anyone know how many syns are in Knorr Souper Soups?

• Advertisement

A maintain this week, can't believe I got away with last week!!
    Gonna be a good girl this week & stick to my plan, so want to get my Club 10 next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement