Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

This.

I understand why sw syn medicines containing sugar but I think anyone who actually stops taking medicine because it puts them over the syns would be mental. If you're sick, take the medicine that helps.

Lol don't worry it didnt stop me im still guzzling down those strepsils ! You'd never even think to check something like strepsils for syns though! Or maybe its just me ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Lol don't worry it didnt stop me im still guzzling down those strepsils ! You'd never even think to check something like strepsils for syns though! Or maybe its just me ?

I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it on boards. But if I'm sick and all I have in the house is strepsils and Lemsip, I'm fcuked if I'm leaving the house while ill to get syn free medicine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I didn't think of it until someone mentioned it on boards. But if I'm sick and all I have in the house is strepsils and Lemsip, I'm fcuked if I'm leaving the house while ill to get syn free medicine!

Haha :pac: that would be one seriously dedicated slimmer to be fair ! Ha I'm lucky if I can get off the couch never mind checking meds for syns haha

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

After my 2lb gain last week you would think that I would have been good this week but no, not stuck to it even one wee bit!
    I did wake up this morning and for the first time in about 3 weeks I wanted breakfast, a healthy breakfast with eggs and veg so I hope this is me back on the wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Back on track properly since Monday after a horrible Friday and Saturday! Had a SW bacon double cheeseburger and actifry chips last night after 1.5hours of boxercise so really felt good last night. Weighed in this morning and was down 3lbs. 2.5lbs to my next award so going to make a real effort this week. Had a bowl of yummy red pepper and butternut squash soup for lunch today and have just made the SW speedy bolognese sauce so going to have that this evening. Made a huge pot of soup thinking it would do me for a few days but everyone wanted some because it smelt so nice! Oh well I'll try make more again tomorrow evening! Small things like feeling prepared really give me a boost to start the week off well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Down 1 and half tonight. Delighted. That's 3.5 in 2 weeks so I'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Down 2lbs. 24lbs altogether :D:D

Down 1.5 last night, so 8lbs in two weeks and got my little pink sticker. yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Millem wrote: »
    Down 2lbs. 24lbs altogether :D:D

Use ilostwhat.com

It gives me a giggle every few weeks! I'm at a newborn calf now!

Also put on a pair of Tommy Hilfiger jeans last night. I bought them in the states a few months ago that were a size too small and were only 'standing up' jeans with serious muffin top. But now they're very comfy 'sitting down' jeans now! Such a boost for a good week ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

A great read for anyone struggling with maintenance

https://cannebodyhearme.wordpress.com/2015/04/13/the-after-myth/

• Advertisement

Saw a post on fb from my consultant saying we're gonna talk about SP days next week because someone in a Dublin group lost 21lbs (yes, twenty one) in one week by following SP for the week.

Now I like SP days. I avoid lots of carbs anyway, so SP suits me.

But 21lbs in a week?? That seems really unhealthy and downright dangerous, I don't think it's something to aim for :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Kinda sounds like they went from binge eating at xmas to not eating for their 1st week back. I'd agree that talk of people losing 21 pounds is dangerous.

(FWIW my wife tried SP a couple of time and lost a pound each time)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Kinda sounds like they went from binge eating at xmas to not eating for their 1st week back. I'd agree that talk of people losing 21 pounds is dangerous.

Dodge wrote: »

That's what I thought, or they just joined and were morbidly obese and just didn't eat for a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yeah my consultant says when she goes on plan 100% that she can lose 10lb in a week :/ My biggest ever loss was 4lb and I was stunned! Having said that, I feel like I need a decent loss soon as my motivation is really slipping. I've been constantly sick with colds, bugs etc since going back to work and just can't seem to get back into it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

21lb in a week?! I'm finished three weeks of perfect speed and I lost 5, 3 and 3. Swings and roundabouts i guess. 21lb sounds genuinely frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

21lb sounds extremely unhealthy. Extremely.

Down 1.5 pounds this week so hopefully i keep going like that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

A girl in my group lost 7 or 8 pounds on SP, bringing her to target. She maintained the loss after switching back to Extra Easy. On the other hand, other people in my group have tried SP and had small gains, maintains and small losses. It depends entirely on the individual. The only way I would lost 21lb in a week is if I cut off my arms :D
    Gained half a pound this week so still within target range. Thoroughly deserved the small gain, exceeded my syns slightly most days with mindless picking at sweet things, which is funny considering I managed NOT to do that all over Christmas and new year! Comfort zone stuff. Next couple of weeks will be a bit difficult with a family wedding and lots of family coming and going, will try my best to stay on plan because I genuinely feel so much better when I'm at least 90% on plan.

The chicken gravy and chips I got from the chipper totally count as "free" food because someone else paid for them, right? :o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Im going extremely hardcore on the plan this week and trying to eat
    as much as possible because i let myself get hungry and then I pick the bad
    food!! Im sick of being the person in group with the smallest weight loss and
    the youngest there :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Im going extremely hardcore on the plan this week and trying to eat
    as much as possible because i let myself get hungry and then I pick the bad
    food!! Im sick of being the person in group with the smallest weight loss and
    the youngest there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Happy out 3 llb down on my second full week a total of 11 1/2 llb ����

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Happy out 3 llb down on my second full week a total of 11 1/2 llb 👍👍

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Down 1lb tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Saw a post on fb from my consultant saying we're gonna talk about SP days next week because someone in a Dublin group lost 21lbs (yes, twenty one) in one week by following SP for the week.

Now I like SP days. I avoid lots of carbs anyway, so SP suits me.

But 21lbs in a week?? That seems really unhealthy and downright dangerous, I don't think it's something to aim for :/

My consultant brings up regularly enough "We had this one woman who in her first week lost 17 lbs! That could be any of you", but as it turns out, the woman beside me pipes up and whispers to me "I wish she'd stop bringing that up. I was sick all week and couldn't keep any food in me. The following week, I went up 11lbs". She's a large woman too, about 16 stone.

So things aren't always as they seem!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

2lb down this week so saved from the red zone and back in target range! Still 1.5lb to go to get to the target itself but IDC!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Was down 1lb so I'm that 1lb under my target, so am happy enough! I do think I'm going to extend my target by maybe 4lbs, but I will see how I feel in a few weeks.
    At the moment I'm not following the maintenance plan (extra a&b), as I'm s**t scared that I'll gain and also am wanting to get the 3lbs under my target anyway!

Has anybody made those baked oats yet, oh my god they are really gorgeous! I don't usually like recipes like this but this are really nice and don't have that eggy texture that a lot of the recipes turn out like!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Weighed in this morning and have a thoroughly deserved +1lb. I started off the week well but became a bit careless so just need to get myself back on plan. Not nice to see nonetheless! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I was +1.5lb.

Not surprising since I had 3 "Hey it's your birthday, lets go out to dinner". Not a wonderful start to this week either - went out for a buffet yesterday for lunch with work! But sure I'll be good for the rest of the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Bit of a weird week here, didn't lose an ounce on when I weighed in on Tuesday which was disappointing as I had been very good, but I think I was a bit pre menstrual and maybe a bit constipated. Weighed myself this morning just out of interest and am down 2.75lb since Tuesday! Clothes feel looser and I feel lighter. Just goes to show you can have a bad day on the scales but it doesn't mean you haven't had a successful week. Hubby lost 2.5lbs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement