Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

m'lady wrote: »
    I personally think it's very late and not helpful as you said..

I didn't really pick up much tips, a lot of people brought in the likes of the Weetabix/ryvita 'ferroro rocher' , kale crisps etc.. I made the SW Christmas trifle, lots of people liked it, I didn't! I realised that day I can't stand fromage frais!!

Have you any nice recipes?

I find fromage frais really salty and unpleasant! Whereas my sister in law eats it by the pot and thinks the Liberte Greek yogurt I eat every day is rank. Horses for courses I suppose!
    Nicest recipe I picked up was for the Christmas pudding, went down a treat with everyone who tasted it, and the idea of doing Hassleback potatoes (which look very posh and taste delicious but only take a couple of minutes of extra prep!)
    My group today was basically 'is there really that many syns in a large, full fat, syrup laden gingerbread mocha hot chocolat-o-chino? Woooow' which I don't find too helpful but I'm an old hand at this stage I suppose :D
    Coffee tip for anyone who doesn't know - Costa do sugar free flavoured syrups, so for example you can have a shot of hazelnut or caramel or gingerbread or whatever syrup instead of using sweetener, and they are freeee (syn-wise anyway, not sure whether they charge extra for them!). Good saving as a 10ml shot of ordinary syrup is 2 syns, and you'd have up to 4 shots in certain coffee drinks.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Has anyone measured themselves? I'm really mad that I didn't when I started but now I'm just after starting to go to fitness classes a couple of nights a week and I'm really getting into going for walks with the dogs every evening so I really want to take my measurements. Any advice as to what I should measure? So mad I didn't measure my neck as I seem to have lost miles(not inches!) from that!

I measured my neck, shoulders at short sleeve level, upper arm at widest part, above my bust and on my bra line, around my navel, around the widest part of my (left) thigh, around my (left) ankle above the bone, and around my (left) wrist above the bone. For some reason I never measured around my hips!
    I keep a note of my measurements in the notepad app on my phone and update them from time to time... haven't done it in a couple of months but can see a big difference in how my jeans fit so time to check again!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    After a great week last week I'm really worried about this week already. It's been all over the place between kids birthdays and getting ready for the toy show on Friday and I've just been grabbing food on the go ! Feels like I haven't sat down all week. I'm hoping after Friday sat -Tues will be back on track but wondering has anyone every started off rocky and managed to get back on track for the rest of the week !? :p

My advice would be, don't hope to get back on track, plan to get back on track. Decide what meals you are going to have and make sure you get the shopping and prep done, and bring good snacks with you to avoid going off the rails over the weekend - take it a meal at a time, never write off a day!
    My first few months of SW I had a couple of weddings, ate and drank all around me from lunchtime on day of wedding until breakfast on day after, then pulled it back and came in with 3 pound losses each time - you just have to set yourself a time limit for being off-plan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

dee_mc wrote: »
    My advice would be, don't hope to get back on track, plan to get back on track. Decide what meals you are going to have and make sure you get the shopping and prep done, and bring good snacks with you to avoid going off the rails over the weekend - take it a meal at a time, never write off a day!
    My first few months of SW I had a couple of weddings, ate and drank all around me from lunchtime on day of wedding until breakfast on day after, then pulled it back and came in with 3 pound losses each time - you just have to set yourself a time limit for being off-plan :D

That gives me so much hope ! Very motivational too btw ;) yea I'm thinking from Saturday morning on. Tomorrow is going to be crazy busy and traveling so I may try make some snacks now for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am a target member!!! I am so delighted, I have lost 5 stone 13.5 lbs with SW (I will get that 6 stone award one day!!) and including weight lost pre SW, it is 7 stone 11 lbs!! Delighted! :D

• Advertisement

Vahevala wrote: »
    I am a target member!!! I am so delighted, I have lost 5 stone 13.5 lbs with SW (I will get that 6 stone award one day!!) and including weight lost pre SW, it is 7 stone 11 lbs!! Delighted! :D

Yaaaaaay fantastic news!
    Absolutely over the moon for you, you so deserve it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Delighted for you that is so amazing !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Yay!! Well deserved! Congratulations Vahevala :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Well done. I feel reading your post has made my day. You should be so proud of yourself. Loosing weight isnt easy. Really delighted for you. Congrats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Delighted for you Vahevala!

• Advertisement

Oh yeah I forgot to report, I stayed the same this week! Genuinely felt lighter and thought I might have hit target, ah well can't say I'm overly disappointed, I'll get there!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cocopops

First week of slimming world over and I lost 9.5 lbs and got my half stone reward! Can't believe it :) a lot more to lose but this has definitely motivated me to give week 2 a good go!

Just thought I'd give you a head's up. If like me you want a Philips Actifry for Christmas they're now down to 109euro in currys for Black Friday :)

Have a good weekend!

cocopops wrote:
    Just thought I'd give you a head's up. If like me you want a Philips Actifry for Christmas they're now down to 109euro in currys for Black Friday

If anyone's in or around Shannon area Hennessey's in Smithstown Industrial Estate are advertising them at €99 :)

Thanks so much everyone! I am delighted!

I forgot to mention that I lost 1/2 lb yesterday, I am 1lb under target, I am meeting friends for lunch & drinks tomorrow, feel like I have earned it... :D

Thanks so much everyone! I am delighted!

I forgot to mention that I lost 1/2 lb yesterday, I am 1lb under target, I am meeting friends for lunch & drinks tomorrow, feel like I have earned it... :D

You so earned it, so enjoy not only the food and drinks but the pleasure as you sit there that you've reached TARGET!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had a big gain last night but I was expecting it. About half was from food and the other half is down to fluid retention and probably not helped by all the medication I've been taking the last week due to having a bad cold and the battering my body took when I had a bad fall last week that's left me black and blue, cut and grazed and sore all over.

New week so aiming for a good loss this week.

deisemum wrote: »
    I had a big gain last night but I was expecting it. About half was from food and the other half is down to fluid retention and probably not helped by all the medication I've been taking the last week due to having a bad cold and the battering my body took when I had a bad fall last week that's left me black and blue, cut and grazed and sore all over.

Awww you poor thing, look after yourself xxx

So sorry to hear that :( get better soon xx

You poor doll, and look how dedicated you are going to group even after a horrific week. Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend and a nice loss on the scales next week, feel better!

The fall was a big shock to my system and I was so relieved I didn't break something like I did last time I fell and broke an ankle. I tripped after coming out from last week's Slimming World class - 2 days earlier and in a different venue from my regular class.

I'm a big girl and would normally struggle to get up off the floor but it must have been adrenaline that propelled me up off the grounds. It has motivated me to continue losing weight as I don't want the force of my weight in a fall to contribute to a fracture. It's 10 days since I fell, I've still got the bruises, cuts and grazes on my hands, one boob has turned a lovely shade of yellow, well they're fairly big so probably cushioned the fall ;) both knees are still swollen, have cuts and grazes but the bruising is spectacular and extends down the side of one leg and up the thigh of the other. All of this while suffering with a cold.

Friday was the start of my diet going downhill. I ended up having to collect my son from school and take him to A&E with a head injury, he had a deep gash to the top of his head so got that glued. He's grand now, not a bother on him apart from the worry that he might end up with a bald patch. I missed out on lunch so when I got home at 7pm I was ravenous and started eating some of my syn allowance while cooking dinner but I lost the run of myself and struggled the rest of the week.

Onwards and downwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Vahevala wrote:
    I am a target member!!! I am so delighted, I have lost 5 stone 13.5 lbs with SW (I will get that 6 stone award one day!!) and including weight lost pre SW, it is 7 stone 11 lbs!! Delighted!

Ahh congrats, I'm so delighted for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ameliams

Up .5. Not had a single slip all week. Loads of veg. Loads of protein. Used my syns but didn't go overboard.

I've been the same weight for 6 weeks now so I think I'll take a break from group for awhile and weigh myself at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

I'm thrilled for you. Well done!

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh yeah I forgot to report, I stayed the same this week! Genuinely felt lighter and thought I might have hit target, ah well can't say I'm overly disappointed, I'll get there!

Sorry to hear you didn't reach target. Fingers crossed for next week!

leelee77 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you didn't reach target. Fingers crossed for next week!

Had my weigh in yesterday. Lost 1 5lbs so I'm now a target member. I'm .5 under target and also collected my 1 1/2 stone award. I'm thrilled

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

ameliams wrote:
    Up .5. Not had a single slip all week. Loads of veg. Loads of protein. Used my syns but didn't go overboard.

Maybe a break would do you good, hard when you don't see the change you want to but Slimming World is a healthy eating plan rather than a diet so even if the scales haven't changed I bet you feel a whole lot better in yourself. Let us know how you're getting on x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

It's my birthday today.........

Thank god it's only one day a year...........

Pushes EMPTY plate of double chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache to one side!

Pushes EMPTY plate of double chocolate fudge cake with chocolate ganache to one side!

Happy Birthday Wellyd! Enjoy and get back on track tomorrow without feeling guilty!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Definitely enjoy your birthday with a few well deserved treats today! Happy Birthday

• Advertisement

Happy Birthday Wellyd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement