Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I felt a bit pissed off if I am honest, I have gone home from group twice in recent weeks and been really upset and the consultant never bothered to get in touch with me, even though I mentioned changing my target and being upset... hey ho, I suppose we aren't there to be best friends with the consultant...

I will send her a message later, that type of thing irritates me, but I enjoy the people at group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Hello all ! I had mu weigh in today and am delighted to say I lost a fantastic 4.5 lbs ! Super happy!! :) hope everyone has a great week this week !

Wow, there ya go. See it works when you do it right. You must be delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Vahevala wrote: »
    I felt a bit pissed off if I am honest, I have gone home from group twice in recent weeks and been really upset and the consultant never bothered to get in touch with me, even though I mentioned changing my target and being upset... hey ho, I suppose we aren't there to be best friends with the consultant...

I will send her a message later, that type of thing irritates me, but I enjoy the people at group :)

Ah that's annoying, the consultant should be more supportive! It's worth spelling it out to her though and asking for her advice. I'm lucky with my consultant in the sense that she notices if people are upset and gets in touch if they 'weigh and go' and she has a feeling they need extra support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

andreac wrote: »
    Wow, there ya go. See it works when you do it right. You must be delighted!!

I am ! This has been such a great week overall! We got a call last night and got tickets to toy show on Friday night (I'm a Christmas nut ) so im off to buy a lotto ticket before my luck runs out ! :)

So determined now to stay on track this week. Would love another 2.5 lbs to make my half stone award for my 3Rd week ! That would be fantastic :D

That sounds really tough. Prehaps send her a message later and reach out to her, she may be able to help support you though this week !

• Advertisement

Thanks, I will just message her on fb and ask to change the target, I am no good with confrontation or telling her how I feel, too shy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭leelee77

Well I had an absolute disaster of a Friday and Saturday. My OH graduated from the final part of her training on Friday and what was intended to be a simple, quiet family GTG turned into a 48 hour spectacle of food and alcohol. Neither of us drink much so we were saved on the alcohol for the most part. I'll have to speed the rest of the week now and be sensible. I'll spend the rest of the day making lunches and dinners for the week and hope that will keep me on track.

Sounds like a great reason to celebrate. Today is a new day. If I've had a bad few days I find if I get back on it straight away I'm usually grand by weigh in day.

Thanks, I will just message her on fb and ask to change the target, I am no good with confrontation or telling her how I feel, too shy :o

Well then definitely reach out to her later on outside of group when you feel more comfortable and explain how you feel. It will be a weight off your shoulders and hopefully (fingers crossed !) Off the scales too for you at your next weigh in x :)

m'lady wrote: »
    I'm glad to see you seem to have your 'mojo' back Vahevala :)

I had my weigh in last night, lost half a pound.. It seems to be literally just dripping off me now, because I'm so close to my last target... Aaaaagh!
    I'm just going to keep chipping away at it, 3.5lbs left and I'll be 8 stone sonething.

I did notice over the past fortnight I've been eating more potato than usual so I'm going to reduce that a bit, drink water and start lowering my syns slightly to see if it will make a difference.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Good luck M'lady. I've 1lb to go to target and it doesn't seem to be budging so far this week. My WI is Thursday. I really want to achieve it this week and I'm not around next week (working) and don't want it dragging on for another 2 weeks.

Oh good God, I found this old photo of me

fdzvyo.jpg

• Advertisement

OMG! That is some weight loss! You must be so proud of yourself ! Sending you huge hugs ! :)
    With that weight loss i definitely wouldn't be letting one pound or two destroy my feel good attitude! He'll I'd be looking at that picture every time I feel bad and saying " why ? Pull your socks up girl look at the work you've achieved already!" And giving myself a well earned pat on the back !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

leelee77 wrote: »
    Good luck M'lady. I've 1lb to go to target and it doesn't seem to be budging so far this week. My WI is Thursday. I really want to achieve it this week and I'm not around next week (working) and don't want it dragging on for another 2 weeks.

Thanks leelee.. It's a pain isn't it? I'm going to fill up on more speed veg and maybe do a couple of SP days to see if that will help!

I hope you manage to get to target on Thursday.. Good luck x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

No change for me, which is amazing seeing what i ate recently:o

Anyway i'm .5 away from my 1st stone and intend to have it next Monday !

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Carraig77

I ve been following sw since August. I've lost 1 stone 4 1/2 lbs. For the last 3 weeks I've stayed the same. I know why - I've had various functions on where i ve ended up going off plan. back to basics this week so fingers crossed will show on scales next Tuesday.

Thanks leelee.. It's a pain isn't it? I'm going to fill up on more speed veg and maybe do a couple of SP days to see if that will help!

I hope you manage to get to target on Thursday.. Good luck x

Thanks. When do you weigh in?

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, no idea whether I'm down or not but only 1.5 pounds to target so it's not entirely impossible that I might reach it tomorrow!
    When are everyone's Christmas taster days happening? I think ours is on 23 December (very late to be helpful IMO), and this year our last sessions before Christmas will be as normal whereas last year we had a sort of drop-in-and-weigh-any-time, no Image Therapy vibe which was brilliant.

leelee77 wrote: »
    Thanks. When do you weigh in?

Hey.. I get weighed in on a Monday so have a few more days! What about yourself?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow, no idea whether I'm down or not but only 1.5 pounds to target so it's not entirely impossible that I might reach it tomorrow!
    When are everyone's Christmas taster days happening? I think ours is on 23 December (very late to be helpful IMO), and this year our last sessions before Christmas will be as normal whereas last year we had a sort of drop-in-and-weigh-any-time, no Image Therapy vibe which was brilliant.

Our Christmas taster night happened back in October, the week before Halloween! Was ridiculously early, but I think there was a good few around that time. The 23rd? Guarantee you very few people will show!

Our Christmas taster night happened back in October, the week before Halloween! Was ridiculously early, but I think there was a good few around that time. The 23rd? Guarantee you very few people will show!

Oh we had a general taster back then too but I'm sure I heard my consultant saying our Christmas one would be then, it's a bit late for me as I'd be planning to do my grocery shopping on the 22nd to get it out of the way before things get really crazy... I'll ask tomorrow to make sure, will be making SW Christmas Puddings and mince pie to order so will be attending group on the day in any case to drop them off!
    Did you pick up any nice tips for Christmas dinner etc? The Christmas book from last year was lovely I will be using it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I am at it two weeks and down 5.5lbs :) I know I am not eating enough speed or drinking enough water. I have basically cut out all junk food inc biscuits etc.
    I was never set a target weight though :confused:

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh we had a general taster back then too but I'm sure I heard my consultant saying our Christmas one would be then, it's a bit late for me as I'd be planning to do my grocery shopping on the 22nd to get it out of the way before things get really crazy... I'll ask tomorrow to make sure, will be making SW Christmas Puddings and mince pie to order so will be attending group on the day in any case to drop them off!
    Did you pick up any nice tips for Christmas dinner etc? The Christmas book from last year was lovely I will be using it again!

I personally think it's very late and not helpful as you said..

I didn't really pick up much tips, a lot of people brought in the likes of the Weetabix/ryvita 'ferroro rocher' , kale crisps etc.. I made the SW Christmas trifle, lots of people liked it, I didn't! I realised that day I can't stand fromage frais!!

Have you any nice recipes?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Millem wrote: »
    I was never set a target weight though :confused:

It's up to you, not your consultant to pick a target. It's optional too. I don't have one

Well done on the losses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Has anyone measured themselves? I'm really mad that I didn't when I started but now I'm just after starting to go to fitness classes a couple of nights a week and I'm really getting into going for walks with the dogs every evening so I really want to take my measurements. Any advice as to what I should measure? So mad I didn't measure my neck as I seem to have lost miles(not inches!) from that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Weighed in this morning and down 1.5lb which I'm delighted with after a crazy weekend. It's going to be quite difficult to navigate all of the upcoming festive activities, my work-related Christmas parties start next Friday :O I rather luckily have a day off today so I've made up two SW puddings and have them steaming away in my slow cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Wellyd wrote: »
    Has anyone measured themselves? I'm really mad that I didn't when I started but now I'm just after starting to go to fitness classes a couple of nights a week and I'm really getting into going for walks with the dogs every evening so I really want to take my measurements. Any advice as to what I should measure? So mad I didn't measure my neck as I seem to have lost miles(not inches!) from that!

Same here. I'm judging it by clothes but it does bug me that I didn't measure myself at the start. I know I'm down massively in waist, chest, legs, arms. Everywhere really

For me, this is more important than the actual weight

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Lost 1lb today so that's me back to normal after the madness of the last month.
    I wish I had taken measurements too, I take a picture once a month now, was once a week at the start, and its great to look back at the first and see how far I've come

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Dodge wrote: »
    Same here. I'm judging it by clothes but it does bug me that I didn't measure myself at the start. I know I'm down massively in waist, chest, legs, arms. Everywhere really

For me, this is more important than the actual weight

With me I became hung up on x amount of pounds is a dress size and it wasn't like that for me. I've only dropped 2 dress sizes and people seem to think I've lost more. But I stopped worrying about that, although not soon enough. That fecking Facebook on this day app is really putting everything into perspective for me! It's traumatising me about how awful I looked but cheering me up that I look better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tzxp

I joined SW last week... Had my first weigh in today and I'm down 6.5lbs. Can't believe it! Feels like I haven't stopped eating all week, only sorry I didn't join sooner. Was used to calorie counting diets in the past so it feels good not to have to weigh every single bit of food I'm eating ☺️

After a great week last week I'm really worried about this week already. It's been all over the place between kids birthdays and getting ready for the toy show on Friday and I've just been grabbing food on the go ! Feels like I haven't sat down all week. I'm hoping after Friday sat -Tues will be back on track but wondering has anyone every started off rocky and managed to get back on track for the rest of the week !? :p

• Advertisement

tzxp wrote: »
    I joined SW last week... Had my first weigh in today and I'm down 6.5lbs. Can't believe it! Feels like I haven't stopped eating all week, only sorry I didn't join sooner. Was used to calorie counting diets in the past so it feels good not to have to weigh every single bit of food I'm eating ☺️

That's fantastic ! Congrats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement