Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jo33

So had my first WI today - down 9lbs!!! Over the moon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Jo33 wrote: »
    So had my first WI today - down 9lbs!!! Over the moon :)

well done!! 9 lbs is brilliant! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Vahevala wrote: »
    Try to log in to Slimmingworld.com, that is more reliable than the .ie address and see if that works.

Thanks, I discovered what it was - I wasn't putting in www in front of address!! It worked once I did that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

1lb down! My friend went and nominated me for slimmer of the month and now I have to do some talk in 2 weeks! I could kill her - she was roaring laughing lol!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Four and nine pound losses are amazing. Well done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What do people take to work when there is no cooking facilities.

Lol! Good luck - losing weight and public speaking !!
    tk123 wrote: »
    1lb down! My friend went and nominated me for slimmer of the month and now I have to do some talk in 2 weeks! I could kill her - she was roaring laughing lol!! :p

I like hot food and am often out at meetings all day. Wanted to avoid sandwiches and fast food so I bought a food thermos. It's brilliant. I have been putting rice and veggies in it but soup would work well also. Going to try pasta in it tomorrow. Will report back
    quote="Hollister11;96395992"]What do people take to work when there is no cooking facilities.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Stayed the same today but it was what I expected. I lost 6lbs last week which I thought was unrealistic as it was a morning weigh in and I normally go at 7.30pm. Its a loss of 9.5lbs in 3 weeks so very happy with that. Also had a massive blow out at ed sheeran so really can't complain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Jo33 wrote: »
    I like hot food and am often out at meetings all day. Wanted to avoid sandwiches and fast food so I bought a food thermos. It's brilliant. I have been putting rice and veggies in it but soup would work well also. Going to try pasta in it tomorrow. Will report back

Where did you buy this food thermos? how long does the food stay warm for? I would be interested in this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Weigh in last night and so it all begins this morning. As i've said my wife has been doing SW for ages and getting results and i've just been eating what she has made.

Now i'm doing it full time as well !

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Where did you buy this food thermos? how long does the food stay warm for? I would be interested in this :)

You can get them in Homestore. Like a hot beverage thermos but shaped more like a bowl. I have one and love it.

Otherwise it's soup in the normal thermos and a sambo made from the Be Good bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭hbonbr

Has anyone bought the SW cookbooks? Any that you would recommend?

I can't eat cheese and am afraid most of the recipes will contain cheese :(

The recipes are reputedly all on the site, so there strictly isn't a need to buy a book.

Our leader encourages people to browse the books and note any recipes they like, then get them on the website.

Notwithstanding that, I have ordered the one pot recipes book, my family are sick and tired of my delicious beef stew!

It is correct to say that the fakeaway book and the curries are extremely popular.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

No they didn't tell me that but I am afraid after getting cut by the running belt that I was wearing, it has put me off putting it back on and going out running again. I tried so hard, ended up in pain for not much results so this week, I haven't exercised. :( I have lost the enthusiasm for it.

I have never really found that it accelerated the weight loss for me :(

Vahevala, i have followed your progress on this thread because like you i have a large amount of weight to lose. I have lost just over 4stone and have another 4 to go to get to my target. Don't give up on the running, it really will help. When i can't carry my keys because i don't have a pocket, i tie one through my shoe lace and then tuck it in through the threaded laces to keep it from flapping around. Works a treat and all you need to carry is either the front door key. For the phone i got an armband so that takes care of that. I have worked through the c25k and and now have my eye on a 10k event and am using the hal higon novice 10k training plan. It's great because there are three runs a week - a. 3.5km, a 5km and one that gradually increaes in distance so it gives you variety and you aren't thinking you have to run 5km every time you go out. One the days you aren't running, get out and do a 45min walk and you WILL notice the difference. I have also read that weight loss slows as you reach your target so that is something to keep in mind and if you have excess skin that is also going to weigh something and there's not a lot that can be done for that short of surgery. Don't give up now, because running 5km is an acheivement.

mel.b wrote: »
    Vahevala, i have followed your progress on this thread because like you i have a large amount of weight to lose. I have lost just over 4stone and have another 4 to go to get to my target. Don't give up on the running, it really will help. When i can't carry my keys because i don't have a pocket, i tie one through my shoe lace and then tuck it in through the threaded laces to keep it from flapping around. Works a treat and all you need to carry is either the front door key. For the phone i got an armband so that takes care of that. I have worked through the c25k and and now have my eye on a 10k event and am using the hal higon novice 10k training plan. It's great because there are three runs a week - a. 3.5km, a 5km and one that gradually increaes in distance so it gives you variety and you aren't thinking you have to run 5km every time you go out. One the days you aren't running, get out and do a 45min walk and you WILL notice the difference. I have also read that weight loss slows as you reach your target so that is something to keep in mind and if you have excess skin that is also going to weigh something and there's not a lot that can be done for that short of surgery. Don't give up now, because running 5km is an acheivement.

Thank you so much, I think I was just a bit down the other day and let it get to me. do you find it easy to run with the armband? my phone is a large one (galaxy s4)

I will be going back to the running possibly on Friday (after Thursdays weigh in) depending on what the weather is like, I do enjoy it and strangely enough I have missed it :eek:

That sounds like a good plan that you are following, I must look into that! Thanks for the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Might be a bit of an odd one but I am feeling the cold a hell of a lot more than I used to. Haven't even lost that much, 10 and a half lbs as of last Thursday, but my tolerance for the cold has gotten much lower and I'm even taking a hot water bottle to bed. While we aren't exactly having great weather is it still quite mild. I knew that this would happen as the insulation went away but just didn't expect it to happen this soon! Anyone have any similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Might be a bit of an odd one but I am feeling the cold a hell of a lot more than I used to. Haven't even lost that much, 10 and a half lbs as of last Thursday, but my tolerance for the cold has gotten much lower and I'm even taking a hot water bottle to bed. While we aren't exactly having great weather is it still quite mild. I knew that this would happen as the insulation went away but just didn't expect it to happen this soon! Anyone have any similar experiences?

Yes completely. I'd attribute it partly to the loss of insulation, partly to the godawful weather (that windchill factor! in July! Whyyyyy!) but mostly to the fact my diet is now significantly lower in fat than it used to be. I was feeling really cold the past couple of weeks and my skin has been dry too so I've switched out my usual snack of a HiFi light bar and instead I've been having one or two Ryvitas with a teaspoonful of 100% peanut or cashew butter (I like Meridian brand, it's very pure). It stops me shivering during the day in my draughty workplace! Still using my electric blanket every night though, which until I started losing weight I would have only used on the coldest Winter nights!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

dee_mc wrote: »
    Yes completely. I'd attribute it partly to the loss of insulation, partly to the godawful weather (that windchill factor! in July! Whyyyyy!) but mostly to the fact my diet is now significantly lower in fat than it used to be. I was feeling really cold the past couple of weeks and my skin has been dry too so I've switched out my usual snack of a HiFi light bar and instead I've been having one or two Ryvitas with a teaspoonful of 100% peanut or cashew butter (I like Meridian brand, it's very pure). It stops me shivering during the day in my draughty workplace! Still using my electric blanket every night though, which until I started losing weight I would have only used on the coldest Winter nights!

Glad I am not the only one! I hardly ever felt the cold before, I'm going to need some new clothes soon and will be investing in the warmest clothes that I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Glad I am not the only one! I hardly ever felt the cold before, I'm going to need some new clothes soon and will be investing in the warmest clothes that I can.

I've invested in a few light but huge scarves, they are great! Most of mine are the size of a double bed, I resent needing to wear them in July but they do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

I'm exactly the same! I'm always freezing now and I too have taken a hot water bottle to bed with me in recent weeks!
    It kind of makes me miss the blubber a little. I'd say I'm cold 90% of the time now and with the air con in work it's not unusual for me to be covered in goosebumps at my desk :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

i could not recommend fish enough.

the last 3 weeks, I have been eating just fish and my speed food and I have lost close to a stone.

very little carbs also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Yeah, I've upped my fish intake a huge amount since starting SW. Always get good results when we have it

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'd love to eat more fish but its so expensive. There's 5 of us to feed and i just wish it was more affordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

highly1111 wrote: »
    I'd love to eat more fish but its so expensive. There's 5 of us to feed and i just wish it was more affordable.

Two bags of frozen raw prawns in Aldi are about 5 euro, bulk up with loads of veg and you have a quality stir fry !!!

I couldn't think of anything worse than eating fish every night :eek: I love salmon & usually have that twice a week.

I couldn't think of anything worse than eating fish every night :eek: I love salmon & usually have that twice a week.

i eat it every night now and have smoked salmon for my lunch.

i am finding it great for the weight loss

mrmorgan wrote: »
    i eat it every night now and have smoked salmon for my lunch.

i am finding it great for the weight loss

You will be all fished out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd give my left arm to like fish but I just can't. It's not for the lack of trying either.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'd give my left arm to like fish but I just can't. It's not for the lack of trying either.

why dont you like it? the taste of the bones?

i never liked it until i got it filleted right, now I cant stop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

mrmorgan wrote: »
    why dont you like it? the taste of the bones?

i never liked it until i got it filleted right, now I cant stop

It's the taste. I can taste the sea in it! The bones freak me out a little.

I got a Tuna steak before and I didn't enjoy it at all. I tried a pan fried Salmon last week and added herbs to it and nope, still couldn't finish it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement