Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Hey,

Does anyone know where I can get Scan Bran? Want to try one of the cakes for hex b.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Hey,

Does anyone know where I can get Scan Bran? Want to try one of the cakes for hex b.

Holland and Barret sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

tk123 wrote: »
    Holland and Barret sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I see it for sale at my weekly class.

I'm away for a few days but brought loads of fruit and made up a couple of different salads and brought them with me. I picked up 5kgs of strawberries when I was travelling here so I've been indulging in them. The challenge will be when I visit the neighbours I grew up with and they all offering me something to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I got tempted by ice cream today - everyone in Galway seemed to be eating a cone!
    Anyway I managed to resist a cone (8 syns, or 12 with a flake!) and had a Solero Exotic instead - yummy, and only 4.5 syns :)
    And a Marks and Spencer Sweet Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad which worked out at 4.5 syns too, it was gorgeous though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Craving something bold this evening so I just had a huge triple decker rasher and fried egg sandwich! All for the lovely 3 syns (for my extra slice of bread!). Stuffed to the tonsils now! I freaking love slimming world!

Up again for no reason - 3lbs this time. I'm going to give it a few more weeks but almost ready to quit going to group and continue on plan myself at home and save myself a few €€'s!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Up half a pound after a week 100% on plan. It's going to be hard week to come especially because I didn't see what I wanted on the scales. I filled out a food diary so hopefully She'll be able to see something I'm doing wrong. I'm feeling really disheartened now.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Up half a pound after a week 100% on plan. It's going to be hard week to come especially because I didn't see what I wanted on the scales. I filled out a food diary so hopefully She'll be able to see something I'm doing wrong. I'm feeling really disheartened now.

I didn't take any sweets in work all week to be extra good!! I feel deprived now! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

tk123 wrote: »
    Up again for no reason - 3lbs this time. I'm going to give it a few more weeks but almost ready to quit going to group and continue on plan myself at home and save myself a few €€'s!

So sorry to hear that :( how frustrating. I have thought the same as you. I switched groups and I know I moaned about my old one but I feel like I have never got that friendly vibe that they all say happens at SW groups. I have tried to chat to people in my new one but feel like it is me doing all the chatting so it has got to the stage that I stopped trying...

The fb group page for my new group is dead as a dodo in comparison to my old one. So I feel like I am in a catch 22 position...aargh. Feels silly to be missing my old group..there seemed to be more of a community there, maybe it is because my group is in town that it attracts a huge mix of people. For instance last week, only 2 people bought raffle tickets :eek: if I stopped going to group, I feel like I would be wary of the scales and lose access to the online syns calculator but not sure how much I get out of image therapy!
    Wellyd wrote: »

So sorry to hear that, it really can drive you mad sometimes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Can I ask if you can save your sync? I didn't have any today as I love a few glasses of wine at the weekend. Is it ok to "save" syncs? Sorry, just new to this - only joined last night. Had a great first day though - feel like I've eaten loads!!!

highly1111 wrote: »
    Can I ask if you can save your sync? I didn't have any today as I love a few glasses of wine at the weekend. Is it ok to "save" syncs? Sorry, just new to this - only joined last night. Had a great first day though - feel like I've eaten loads!!!

It's not recommended. You're better off having roughly the same amount of food (and syns) every day really. You could do flexi syns maybe - set yourself, say, 30 or 40 syns to use one Saturday of the month, something like that. But you shouldn't restrict your syns most days in order to use them on one day, it kind of goes against the Slimming World 'way'.
    You can still fit in a couple of glasses of wine within the normal daily 15 syns though!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I did it! Got my stone award!! Delighted with myself. I was half a pound away for weeks so for anyone in the same situation it will happen. Stick at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I was down 2lb last night :) 3lb to my stone....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Good work ladies. I on the other hand overindulged with vodka at the weekend and I am only getting back on track today with food. And my friend who only works Wednesdays has just said a chocolate brownie 'fell' into her bag for me this morning. Sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Down 2lb this week to get my 2 stone, club 10 and into a new stone bracket. 6lb to go to my own mini target of 2.5stone to take me to the lightest I've been in over three years. Bring it on.

Weigh in for me tomorrow evening, so nervous already. My losses have stalled, praying I have a decent loss (well at least 1.5 lbs to get my award) :)

Another 2.5 pounds this week! Stunned. That brings it to 4 stone 4 pounds in total, and my SW graph now predicts that I'll be at target 2 days before my 30th birthday!! Very very unlikely to happen (12 pounds to target, 5 or 6 weeks to birthday) but I don't mind either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Down 1 pound tonight, half away from my 3.5 stone, next week!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Down 2.5 tonight and got my Club 10 :D I have no idea how, I'll take it though! I also got Slimmer of the Week again so have a stash of lovely food this week, dead handy considering I haven't had a chance to go shopping! Congrats on all the losses :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 PicturePerfect

Hi there! Just gone into week 2 of slimming world and still trying to find my way. I think in group they had glenisk fat free Greek style yoghurts on display to show they were free/low syn. I was looking at the vanilla one and picked one up in tesco yesterday. After pooring it over my berries for breakfast this morning I looked for it on the app and their website and it shows a high Syn value?
    Can anyone tell me the Syn value as I'm really confused as they had it on the table to show they were ok to eat I think!
    Thank you :)

Hi there! Just gone into week 2 of slimming world and still trying to find my way. I think in group they had glenisk fat free Greek style yoghurts on display to show they were free/low syn. I was looking at the vanilla one and picked one up in tesco yesterday. After pooring it over my berries for breakfast this morning I looked for it on the app and their website and it shows a high Syn value?
    Can anyone tell me the Syn value as I'm really confused as they had it on the table to show they were ok to eat I think!
    Thank you :)

The low fat vanilla comes in at 2.5 syns per 125g. I can't see a fat free vanilla variety on their website at all?
    As far as I can see only their fat free natural (unflavoured) yogurt is free.
    The Greek yogurts come in at 3.5 to 4.5 syns per little 125g pot.
    Can't speak for the table at all groups but at my group, there's all sorts of stuff on it, for example 8 or 10 different yogurt pots with varying syn values. I think it's supposed to just highlight how much they can vary -for example, the fat free natural Greek yogurt is free, while full fat is 20 syns per 450g pot!
    Also bear in mind that everything is 'ok to eat', I suppose you just have to decide whether you can justify spending 4.5 syns on a yogurt!
    Welcome to SW :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    The low fat vanilla comes in at 2.5 syns per 125g. I can't see a fat free vanilla variety on their website at all?
    Can't speak for the table at all groups but at my group, there's all sorts of stuff on it, for example 8 or 10 different yogurt pots with varying syn values. I think it's supposed to just highlight how much they can vary -for example, the fat free natural Greek yogurt is free, while full fat is 20 syns per 450g pot!
    Also bear in mind that everything is 'ok to eat', I suppose you just have to decide whether you can justify spending 4.5 syns on a yogurt!
    Welcome to SW :)

Yeah our groups table is the same - everything has syn values stuck to it to highlight the difference. My new fav is Liberte Greek style 0% natural - so thick and creamy!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

These are the ones that Glenisk were talking to me on twitter a while back! According to their calculations, and mine, and my consultant, they are between 1-1.5 syns. It's the new fat free greek style. Unfortunately SW haven't updated the syns online with these :(

glenisk-greek-strained-660-660w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great to see so many doing well recently. My own discipline has gone to pot. Up a little 2 weeks, maintained this week. We were all over the shop at home so had nothing really prepared. It showed

Kinda back to normal now but still haven't got the head for it. I blame the sunshine and wanting to be outside all the time :)

I'm loving all the fruit and veg since ive been doing SW buy why is it so hard to get nice strawberries in the supermarket!? Eating some here, Keelings brand (so not cheap and not imported), they are so crap!! Watery and chewy and quite tasteless :(
    I'm going to have to start buying them from the guys on the side of the road -I'll have to remortgage the cat :(

I'm loving all the fruit and veg since ive been doing SW buy why is it so hard to get nice strawberries in the supermarket!? Eating some here, Keelings brand (so not cheap and not imported), they are so crap!! Watery and chewy and quite tasteless :(
    I'm going to have to start buying them from the guys on the side of the road -I'll have to remortgage the cat :(

I gave up with the strawberries, too expensive so I stopped!

Weigh in looms for me in a few hours... If I don't get this 5 stone award, I will cry... I can't do much more!!

Congratulations all on doing so well!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Vahevala wrote: »
    I gave up with the strawberries, too expensive so I stopped!

Weigh in looms for me in a few hours... If I don't get this 5 stone award, I will cry... I can't do much more!!

Congratulations all on doing so well!

Best of luck to you. I sincerely hope I can write the same sentence in a year or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I feel the same about the Keelings raspberries, although they do taste lovely, but 8 out of 10 of them have some sort of mould growing on them despite them being in date and they are so expensive for such a small amount.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Tesco Irish strawberries are nice than Keelings. Much nicer in fact

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement