Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

dee_mc wrote: »
    Re wraps, BFree wholegrain gluten and wheat free: 1 wrap = Healthy B. I don't know where you can buy them but they're on the list, just in case you want a wrap from time to time :)

I think it was in Tesco that I got those wraps but they were in the gluten free section and not with the regular wraps and bread.

I was down 1.5lbs tonight so down 15lbs in total with Slimming World and 2st 1 1/4 lbs in total from my heaviest.

I made an apple betty dessert the Slimming World way tonight, it was like an apple filled baked custard but I didn't like the artificial aftertaste despite only using less than half of what was recommended but my husband loved it and finished it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Down 2 this week and finally hit my target!! Best feeling ever. Joining SW was the best thing I've ever done, it's completely changed my life :):):)
    Hope everyone is having a great week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

PennyWren wrote: »
    Down 2 this week and finally hit my target!! Best feeling ever. Joining SW was the best thing I've ever done, it's completely changed my life :):):)

Congratulations and well done

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Food diary!
    Breakfast: All Bran, low fat milk, raspberries, blueberries, small banana.
    Mid morning: Coffee, Hifi light bar, strawberries, passion fruit, low fat Greek yogurt.
    Lunch: Smoked salmon, lambs lettuce, rocket, celery, red peppers, lemon juice.
    Dinner: Turkey breast steaks cooked on the griddle pan, finished with lemon juice, roasted peppers, microwaved mangetout and baby corn, little potato wedges.
    Before bed had a snack of a couple of spoonfuls of Greek yogurt, half a twirl and another Hifi light bar.
    Such a hungry day! Drank lots of water too.
    Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

PennyWren wrote: »

That is amazing, well done to you! :D How much did you lose in total?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ive started a kind of detox thing this week to see will it give me a bit of a boost. Its basically clean eating but you are not allowed any tea/coffee, pasta etc. No sugar so no biscuits, or treats. I thought i would find it a lot harder, esp the no tea as im totally addicted to tea but its not too bad.
    This is day 3 so far and i haven't had one cup of tea or one sweet thing. You can have rice cakes, so i have had a few of those to nibble on.

Feel im stuck at the mo with slimming world so just going to give this a try for a week or two and see how i go. Have my hols in a few weeks so be nice just to get a few extra lbs off before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Wellyd wrote: »
    I think most dunnes and Supervalu stock the wraps. I love the odd wrap but at €4.09 I think they're too expensive. Luckily the slimming world plan can be as cost effective as you want it to be!
    I used to love wraps too but I've been making really thin omelettes and using them instead, really nice filled like a fajita for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

andreac wrote: »
    Ive started a kind of detox thing this week to see will it give me a bit of a boost. Its basically clean eating but you are not allowed any tea/coffee, pasta etc. No sugar so no biscuits, or treats. I thought i would find it a lot harder, esp the no tea as im totally addicted to tea but its not too bad.
    This is day 3 so far and i haven't had one cup of tea or one sweet thing. You can have rice cakes, so i have had a few of those to nibble on.

Feel im stuck at the mo with slimming world so just going to give this a try for a week or two and see how i go. Have my hols in a few weeks so be nice just to get a few extra lbs off before then.

Have you tried doing SP?

Happy girl here, I lost 2.5 pounds so got my 4 stone award! 42 weeks at SW now :)

dee_mc wrote: »
    Happy girl here, I lost 2.5 pounds so got my 4 stone award! 42 weeks at SW now :)

Well done, that's brilliant :D

My weigh in is tomorrow, praying I have lost 3 lbs to get my next award... if not, maybe I will get it next week!

• Advertisement

Have you tried doing SP?

Yeah i have and it didnt suit me at all. Im trying this as its no treats and very little carbs apart from porridge or rice cakes.

It would be very similar to SW but just no syns really. Just going to try it for the 5 days this week and see how i get on. If it goes well i might try it again another week before my hols. Its just cleaner eating really. Not a huge difference from SW but just no sugar, caffeine, pasta/potatoes etc.

More SW meals coming to Iceland in September/October:

69jlnq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Now they look nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I'm now down 1st 12lb. Would love to have my 2 stone next week. I am finding a pattern with my body. I'll have 2-3 weeks of slow losses and then a good week of 2.5-3lb loss. Wednesday was my 12th weigh in. I'm looking forward to getting my 2 and a half stone as that will take my to the lowest weight I have been in a long time. Still finding weekends hard, but even with one bad night a week the weight is still going down and I enjoy that night so much that it actually helps me to keep going. Trying the nacho style feast tonight from the magazine, apparently it's very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Vahevala wrote: »
    That is amazing, well done to you! :D How much did you lose in total?

Thank you :) I've lost 4 stone

Down 2 lbs. Delighted. I'm sure the detox is helping a little but i missed last week so that's 2 lbs since last weigh in.
    Hopefully the detox will really kick in and ill get another good loss next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was up a pound today. Knew before I went in I was up, didn't really eat sun/mon, I was really busy and just did not eat!! Hopefully this week I will get back on track and plan better.

Was up a pound today. Knew before I went in I was up, didn't really eat sun/mon, I was really busy and just did not eat!! Hopefully this week I will get back on track and plan better.

Planning is so important isn't it, I'm much more structured now when it comes to shopping! 2 big shops every week, Wednesday and Sunday, no top up shops required anymore... I've become boring, predictable and HEALTHY!! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Can you change your target does anyone know? I think I was too ambitious(!)

tk123 wrote: »
    Can you change your target does anyone know? I think I was too ambitious(!)

Yeah as I understand it you can change it anytime before reaching target, but once reaching target you have to change it by 7lb!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yes you can always revise your target :)

I was down 2.5 tonight, aiming for 1.5 next week to get my stone and a half!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Lost the plot this week letting myself eat whatever I wanted. Had bad weigh in's on better weeks. I'll need someone to hold my hand tonight :(

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Lost the plot this week letting myself eat whatever I wanted. Had bad weigh in's on better weeks. I'll need someone to hold my hand tonight :(

Best of luck Julie! Still at least you are going and facing the scales!

My fate awaits me tonight too lol :D I have 3 lbs to go till my next award, maybe a step too far to achieve tonight. Time will tell...

Does anyone know where I can pick up Mallons Garlic & herb sausages in Dublin? They are no longer stocked in Tesco and every Dunnes I try, there is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Well a 'NSV' for me today (love that phrase) I bought a pair of Size 16 trousers. This time last year I was Size 22.
    I danced around the changing room. And then virtuously walked past all the fast food and cake shops, and came back to work to enjoy my chilli beef & veg. Its the little things isn't it......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Off to get my passport photos taken! I've been putting off renewing it for 3 years and now I'm finally happy enough to go get it done! Holidays were booked yesterday for 6 weeks time so hopefully I'll hit my 4 stone award before I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

4lbs down doing SP for a little over a week now. Very pleased. :)

Oops I ate a biscuit in work and no idea what to syn it as - can't find them online to get an idea. They were spanish ones that somebody brought back from hols. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭littlenubbin85

tk123 wrote: »
    Oops I ate a biscuit in work and no idea what to syn it as - can't find them online to get an idea. They were spanish ones that somebody brought back from hols. >_<

Me too! I just had two sweets someone brought back from Gran Canaria! If in doubt, over syn!

I'd only used 2 all day so have some to spare at least!

• Advertisement

It's the day for it, someone gave me 2 Scots Clan sweets, must check syns hope they're not tooooo high!

34 calories each, so 2 syns each!! Not worth it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement