Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Weighed in last night, 3 and a half down, was delighted! Celebrated with a scone oopsy haha.

Have a lot on the next week or so, so will miss next weeks weight in, but hope to either maintain or loose another 2.5 as I will hit my next target of 4 stone whooohooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Was up a pound last night. It sucks that I can't have any sort of life without gaining weight. A couple of drinks or a slice of cake and I gain. When I am 100% perfect, I lose a pound if I am lucky. Going to keep plugging anyway but pretty disheartened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I'm back into it after a couple of weeks wobble. Lost a pound Monday but feel much more "up for it" this week. Going away in 3 weeks and want a half stone gone before then*

*will settle for 3 lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Monife wrote: »
    When I am 100% perfect, I lose a pound if I am lucky. Going to keep plugging anyway but pretty disheartened.

I'm losing one week out of 4 atm which is no fun. Hopefully changing things around will make a difference...if I have a loss on monday I'll be happy of course but still suspicious of what the following week will bring! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Monife wrote: »
    Was up a pound last night. It sucks that I can't have any sort of life without gaining weight. A couple of drinks or a slice of cake and I gain. When I am 100% perfect, I lose a pound if I am lucky. Going to keep plugging anyway but pretty disheartened.

I was exactly the same for the last few weeks, nothing would move id be up half a lb down half a lb or nothing at all. I was getting increasingly frustrated by it - but the thing is when i sat down and thought about it yes I was having odd biscuit or sweets here and there and ignoring the fact you cant do that every day.

What i did was go back to how i was at the start, add a lot of variation to what i ate, drank tons of water and got moving - and i saw a loss this week. It is the only way - have a re look at how you ve been and take it from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey does anybody know how many syns are in the new Ballygowan drinks in the can? I can't seem to be able to work it out on the app as it's a liquid..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey does anybody know how many syns are in the new Ballygowan drinks in the can? I can't seem to be able to work it out on the app as it's a liquid..

Kcals divided by 20

neacy69 wrote: »
    Kcals divided by 20

Thanks neacy, they are 23 kcals so 1.3 syns! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Another 1.5 down, and Slimmer of the Week again(!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

how much have you lost in slimming world and how long did it take , if you want to put starting weight great , it will show others what can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'll be getting weighed tonight, I think it will be my first gain. I've lost 18lbs in 9 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weigh in day has arrived for me, I am not too hopeful but hope to be pleasantly surprised... I did arm exercises in the park which in turn left me with very sore arms :( and star week arrived grrr... but I live in hope...

I have lost 5 stone 1 lb in 10 months with Slimming World (6 stone 12.5 lbs lost overall)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Lost 2lb at weigh in today which brings my total to 3 stone 0.5 pound in 27 weeks, averaging at 1.5lb a week so pretty happy with nice steady weight loss!

I've lost 25.5lb in 12 weeks, through what honestly feels like no great effort. I started with the attitude of "it'll take as long as it takes" so I'm surprised it's been so quick! I have a few stone to lose overall so I'm happy to keep plodding along.

I'd say the key is consistency, i.e. have a meal off plan not a whole day, enjoy parties and meals out but try to be mindful of your choice. Staying for group every week if you can is also well worth it IMO.

Thanks neacy, they are 23 kcals so 1.3 syns! Cheers

SW usually round down/up so that would be 1 syn on the app. When a food does not have a free food allowance such as chocolate, minerals, biscuits, ice pops/creams etc then you divide the kcals by 20 to give you a syn value...dosent work on food stuff like chicken and meats and the likes. cos they get a free food allowance

SW usually round down/up so that would be 1 syn on the app. When a food does not have a free food allowance such as chocolate, minerals, biscuits, ice pops/creams etc then you divide the kcals by 20 to give you a syn value...dosent work on food stuff like chicken and meats and the likes. cos they get a free food allowance

SW rounds to the nearest half so it'd be 1.5!

Yeah but it does contain 87% carbonated natural mineral water, so would that not go towards 'free' .. It's confusing as you can't work out syns of a drink on the app!

Actually 23kcal wouldn't be 1.3 syns, it'd be 1.15 (so rounded down to 1)

It's not much anyway ;)

Dolbert wrote: »
    SW rounds to the nearest half so it'd be 1.5!

I didnt want to correct the posters maths but it was only 1.15 syns rounded down would be 1....

(I see now that you added that aswell)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I've lost 4 stone 3.5 in, I think, 45 weeks... since September 2014 anyway.
    So averaging a bit under a pound and a half a week (probably doesn't sound like much but that's within the recommended weekly weight loss guideline).
    To be honest, joining Slimming World was the best decision I ever made for myself. I'm under a stone from target, still unfit but much happier about my relationship with food and about my body... much happier in general actually.
    Can't recommend the plan highly enough, and I know there are lurkers on this thread wondering whether or not to take the leap - I say go for it, give it 4 weeks (I think that would be an investment of €45?) and see how you go :)

• Advertisement

Yeah but it does contain 87% carbonated natural mineral water, so would that not go towards 'free' .. It's confusing as you can't work out syns of a drink on the app!

The calories dont come from the water...They come from the stuff thats added to the water. That added stuff contains the calories...but has no free food allowance therefor all 23kcals get synned...

same for potato waffles...they have a 120kcals (or so) and should be 6 syns each but because the contain potato which has calories but is a free food these calories get taken away from the total calories and the remaining calories are synned...

Hope that makes sense....it did in my head anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

how much have you lost in slimming world and how long did it take , if you want to put starting weight great , it will show others what can be done

Your post made me think back and I've only lost 10lb in 22 weeks :( For most of that time, my rheumatoid arthritis has been quite severe so couldn't exercise and also think my cocktail of meds hinders my weight loss chances because I never remember it being this hard to lose weight when I was in WW (and pre-rheumatoid). My mum has lost the same amount but in double the time (44 weeks) and she has a perfect diet but likes a couple of glasses of wine a few times a week, but that's all she has, so I am amazed she hasn't lost more, she hasn't a lot to lose, think she's 12 stone 8lb now and set her target at 12 stone.

I started at 19 stone 2lb and weigh 18 stone 6lb now. Set my target at 14 stone as the lowest I ever got to in my adult life (I'm 27 now) was 14 stone 8lb so think I'd be very happy with that and then might revise it after.

Hopefully now that I have found the right cocktail of meds and they are working and I'm starting to feel a little better, I can get out and start exercising because with previous weight loss journeys, I never lost weight in the weeks I didn't exercise.

Well done to everyone else, you have all done amazing :)

The calories dont come from the water...They come from the stuff thats added to the water. That added stuff contains the calories...but has no free food allowance therefor all 23kcals get synned...

same for potato waffles...they have a 120kcals (or so) and should be 6 syns each but because the contain potato which has calories but is a free food these calories get taken away from the total calories and the remaining calories are synned...

Hope that makes sense....it did in my head anyway!

Thank you neacy, that makes perfect sense. For the record those drinks seriously aren't worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

So how many syns are waffles?? I LOVE waffles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Weigh in over and as I was expecting did not see a great response on the scales :(

I put on 1/2 lb and it could have been worse. Back to basics now for me, upping the water and focusing on the simple things! No more arm exercises for me lol :D

Hopefully next week I get a much better result! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hi

I reached a loss of 2st on Sunday. Which was 28lb In 27 week. :). I'm over the moon as I have always been over weight. I was 15.7 starting this after Christmas now I'm 13.7.

I would like to loose another 1st maybe 1.5st before this Christmas, and then where last years Christmas clothes.

Just a quick question, can you use the Irish pride slimsters range as a hexb.
    Also when you buy salad bowels on tesco and the like for lunch, are they free ? As in there is no dressing or anything added in.

Slimsters aren't on the list but there's an Irish Pride loaf recently added to the list of healthy b choices, I can't link it but have a look on the website. There's a full list of a and b choices there, you can find it by clicking on the 'food optimising reminder' thingy.
    Well done on your loss, you must be so proud!
    Edited to say, if it's just undressed veg, no croutons or avocado etc you're good to go. Steer clear of anything with pre cooked noodles as they are almost always dressed with oil to prevent sticking.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Slimsters aren't on the list but there's an Irish Pride loaf recently added to the list of healthy b choices, I can't link it but have a look on the website. There's a full list of a and b choices there, you can find it by clicking on the 'food optimising reminder' thingy.
    Well done on your loss, you must be over the moon!

Thank you :)

And yep I'm definitely over the moon. SW is the best thing ever :)

I edited my post there re the salad bowl things.
    I brought a rocket salad to work today and it was disgusting, I don't know what chemicals they use to preserve it but it looked perfect and yet smelt and tasted like death :(
    I like rocket because it's so peppery but I can't even begin to describe what this particular pack tasted like!

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    I edited my post there re the salad bowl things.
    I brought a rocket salad to work today and it was disgusting, I don't know what chemicals they use to preserve it but it looked perfect and yet smelt and tasted like death :(
    I like rocket because it's so peppery but I can't even begin to describe what this particular pack tasted like!

I think I might just buy one for the bowel and then make my own at home to bring for lunch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement