Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

2lb off tonight so only have 3lb to go for my 3 stone award

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

dee_mc wrote: »
    Re wraps, BFree wholegrain gluten and wheat free: 1 wrap = Healthy B. I don't know where you can buy them but they're on the list, just in case you want a wrap from time to time :)
    I understand what you meant now, it just rang a bell with me because a lady in my group was accidentally counting syns for her A and B choices!
    Overnight oats - weigh out 35g oats (or fill a FryLight top, it takes exactly 35g!) and layer in a big bowl - start with yogurt (I use MullerLight), then 1/3 of the oats, then some fruit, more oats, more yogurt, more fruit etc finishing with yogurt on top. I use a bit of fat free Greek to stretch the MullerLight and tone down the sweetness. Leave in the fridge overnight and eat for breakfast, it's delicious and filling!
    Oh yeah, and to copy someone's message all you have to do is click the 'quote' button on the bottom right corner of the message (this button doesn't appear on the app I use on the tablet, only on smartphone and laptop versions)
    Best of luck with next week :)

Thanks a million I had those overnight oats this morning with peaches and blueberries. Yummy. Was very impressed with the massive bowl of syn free food I ate. Thank you. Congrats on your loss. I stayed the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I had to take in the waistbands on my trousers last week and today I was able to wear a top that I bought in the online christmas sales that was too tight back then but kept in the hope of slimming into it and I've done that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

deisemum wrote: »
    I had to take in the waistbands on my trousers last week and today I was able to wear a top that I bought in the online christmas sales that was too tight back then but kept in the hope of slimming into it and I've done that :D

NSV's all over the gaff today!
    I took in and shortened the straps on a maxi dress about 3 weeks ago... wore it today and it's a bit looser and the straps need shortening again! Isn't it great to be handy with a needle and thread though!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

First week done and 3Ibs down! I'm delighted with that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

1lb down! 3lb to revised target!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I didn't get the 3lbs I needed to get my next award, I did think it probably was a step too far, I lost 1lb which kinda got me down because I really tried last week! I won't be beaten, I will dust myself off and try again... 2lbs to my 5 stone award so praying I get that next week.

Looking at my food diary, I think I probably indulged on too many syns, I tend to not do as well if I have 13-15 syns most days so I shall cut them back a bit. See if I can mix the meals up a bit, reintroduce a bit more carbs and have fewer syns. I will try to drink even more water and I have only 4 runs left in the couch to 5k program! :o:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

NSV here too! I went to New Look where I usually get my jeans and I'm down 2 sizes :D really need to go and buy a few new bits that fit better than my baggy (2 sizes too big ;) ) jeans and tops. What's funny is I still think they fit,but it was only when I put the smaller stuff on that I could really see the difference in my body. Still a long way to go but I'm finally seeing the change. 12 weeks, 2 dress sizes and almost 2 stone down. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

got my 2 stone award last night. happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Does anyone know how many syns are in a Corrs light? I'm keeping my syns for drinks later.
    Breakfast oovernight oats with raspberries and strawberries
    Lunch cold pasta with smoked salmon, scallions, chives, radish, lemon zest and juice and fromage frais. Fresh fruit salad with melon, mango, pears and nectarines.
    Dinner to be decided but will be syn free!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Does anyone know how many syns are in a Corrs light? I'm keeping my syns for drinks later.
    Breakfast oovernight oats with raspberries and strawberries
    Lunch cold pasta with smoked salmon, scallions, chives, radish, lemon zest and juice and fromage frais. Fresh fruit salad with melon, mango, pears and nectarines.
    Dinner to be decided but will be syn free!!

Coors Light bottle (330ml) is 5.5 syns each. I think a pint is around 9 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

It's been a difficult day.........

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

anyone ever have the eggs and banana pancakes?

i presume it goes against our plan, in the fact that you must mash the banana??

mrmorgan wrote: »

Yeah, they're nice but you have to count the syns for the banana, offhand I think it's 4 syns per 100g banana.

mrmorgan wrote: »

They're lovely but bizarrely not that filling... I've done them as a little side with the SW cooked breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭dcfc91

Hi all,

Been reading through this thread and using it as a bit of a resource. This is my first week, joined up on Thursday. I'm not finding it difficult to stick to really, found out that I am not a fan of cooking in the morning so changed up what I am having for breakfast, trying to get plenty of variety in. The only thing I am finding difficult is the amount of food on the plan, when I am not in college I only eat breakfast and dinner and skip lunch, I find I am just not that hungry, is it really bad that I am skipping meals? I just don't feel hungry. I find I am eating more than I ever have on this plan, I'm liking it, but am I damning myself by skipping lunch?

dcfc91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Been reading through this thread and using it as a bit of a resource. This is my first week, joined up on Thursday. I'm not finding it difficult to stick to really, found out that I am not a fan of cooking in the morning so changed up what I am having for breakfast, trying to get plenty of variety in. The only thing I am finding difficult is the amount of food on the plan, when I am not in college I only eat breakfast and dinner and skip lunch, I find I am just not that hungry, is it really bad that I am skipping meals? I just don't feel hungry. I find I am eating more than I ever have on this plan, I'm liking it, but am I damning myself by skipping lunch?

Having 3 meals a day is great for your body because it keeps your blood sugar constant (that's my reading of it anyway). I was somewhat the same as you re big spaces between meals when I started the plan, but gradually found myself wanting/needing to eat 5 times a day. I eat a big breakfast, a small mid-morning snack, a smallish lunch and smallish dinner, and another small snack before bed (I actually can't sleep without that now!).
    If you asked that question of my consultant she would tell you to eat something small for lunch, sticking to the rules of the plan. So for example you might have a little bit of pasta salad, or a yogurt and a piece of fruit.
    She probably would say that you'd lose more weight by having 3 meals a day, and I reckon she's right.
    Also, I don't think I'm alone in finding my appetite has completely changed (increased!) since starting SW, so you might find your hunger patterns change after a bit too!

Having 3 meals a day is great for your body because it keeps your blood sugar constant (that's my reading of it anyway). I was somewhat the same as you re big spaces between meals when I started the plan, but gradually found myself wanting/needing to eat 5 times a day. I eat a big breakfast, a small mid-morning snack, a smallish lunch and smallish dinner, and another small snack before bed (I actually can't sleep without that now!).
    If you asked that question of my consultant she would tell you to eat something small for lunch, sticking to the rules of the plan. So for example you might have a little bit of pasta salad, or a yogurt and a piece of fruit.
    She probably would say that you'd lose more weight by having 3 meals a day, and I reckon she's right.
    Also, I don't think I'm alone in finding my appetite has completely changed (increased!) since starting SW, so you might find your hunger patterns change after a bit too!

Thanks very much, I thought that it might be an issue alright. I'll try having something small tomorrow and see how I get on. I might try and do fruit and yoghurt, just want something light because I'm really just not hungry. I have even had a couple of days with no syns because I have been too full, I don't want to do that either cause apparently avoiding your syns can impede weightloss and just make the whole thing harder overall.

Thanks very much, I thought that it might be an issue alright. I'll try having something small tomorrow and see how I get on. I might try and do fruit and yoghurt, just want something light because I'm really just not hungry. I have even had a couple of days with no syns because I have been too full, I don't want to do that either cause apparently avoiding your syns can impede weightloss and just make the whole thing harder overall.

Try not to worry too much about it anyway, enjoy it and give yourself a bit of time to settle in to the plan!
    You're right re syns, my consultant suggests to new members who find it hard to use them that they might have a cappucino during the day or some cheese with lunch or something just to use a few syns!

Try not to worry too much about it anyway, enjoy it and give yourself a bit of time to settle in to the plan!
    You're right re syns, my consultant suggests to new members who find it hard to use them that they might have a cappucino during the day or some cheese with lunch or something just to use a few syns!

I picked up some fun size milkyway bars and velvet crunch today, those are 4 and 5 syns each so I'm going to try having one of those a day and then use some others in meals, like you said, adding cheese etc. Definitely not going to worry about it, want to stick with this so need to stay chill about it, too much pressure is only going to cause me to fall off the bandwagon. Today was probably my best day so far, had loads of speed fruits and veg, even managed a salad, which isn't like me at all! Looking forward to getting back in of Thursday for a weigh in and see if I have lost anything.

• Advertisement

I picked up some fun size milkyway bars and velvet crunch today, those are 4 and 5 syns each so I'm going to try having one of those a day and then use some others in meals, like you said, adding cheese etc. Definitely not going to worry about it, want to stick with this so need to stay chill about it, too much pressure is only going to cause me to fall off the bandwagon. Today was probably my best day so far, had loads of speed fruits and veg, even managed a salad, which isn't like me at all! Looking forward to getting back in of Thursday for a weigh in and see if I have lost anything.

Good stuff, with that proactive attitude you'll do great with SW!

Good stuff, with that proactive attitude you'll do great with SW!

Thanks very much for your advice and encouragement, much appreciated. I'm hopeful anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Just on the 'I don't eat much' angle. I think this is part of the problem. If you look into any health guide they'll tell you that missing a meal is a sure sign that someone is overweight or on the way to being so

It's about eating right, not eating loads. So having your metabolism working gets the body moving. SW encourages us to eat plenty of protein as well as plenty of fruit and veg. They're the important bits of our diet and the ones that cause us to lose fat quickest

I very, very rarely have any protein at breakfast but I've gone from not eating breakfast since I was in primary school to now eating 'something' at 10am-11am in work

I was never hungry in the mornings before so didn't see the need, but it's definitely worked. Remember that what you've been doing probably hasn't been the right thing (otherwise you won't have joined SW) so you will have to make some changes. One of th easier ones is eating 3 meals a day

Best of luck dcfc91

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

So I'm fed up of being fat. Over the years the weight has creeped on. Breaking point was buying a size 20 dress for a suit. I also got pics from my 2 year olds birthday party on Saturday and I'm huge. I'm ready. This is happening. Now. Enough is enough. I've 3 kids who I need to be healthy for and a wardrobe full of clothes that don't fit. A huge part of my problem has been organisation but I've more time now and ready to tackle all the excuses I've been making over the years. I went online last night to find my local class and its only on a Monday so I'm raging!! (why didn't I check on Sunday!!) so I'll be good this week. I'm not using the next 6 days as an excuse to pig out before I start. I'm looking forward to posting more and to sharing advice and tips. Well done to you all so far. I've been reading through and its really motivating. My biggest indulgence is wine on a Friday and Saturday night so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it (please don't ask me to stop drinking - I'd rather have a glass of white wine rather than a chocolate bar any day of the week!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You can have your treats on Slimming World, it's all about moderation. So it's fine to have 2 glasses, just not the whole bottle ;) If you know you're having wine that evening, just fill up on free food that day. It's really very manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Weighed in last night and down a shocking 3lbs. It was just the boost I needed. Finally back to what I was before my gains! So holidays booked for 5 weeks so hopefully I'll be at my 4 stone or a little bit more by then! Someone said in group last night that 2lbs a week till Christmas is 50lbs, which would get me to target! I dare to dream but know full well that it'll be into 2016 before I get there! But still it was something to think about!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

highly1111 wrote: »
    So I'm fed up of being fat. Over the years the weight has creeped on. Breaking point was buying a size 20 dress for a suit. I also got pics from my 2 year olds birthday party on Saturday and I'm huge. I'm ready. This is happening. Now. Enough is enough. I've 3 kids who I need to be healthy for and a wardrobe full of clothes that don't fit. A huge part of my problem has been organisation but I've more time now and ready to tackle all the excuses I've been making over the years. I went online last night to find my local class and its only on a Monday so I'm raging!! (why didn't I check on Sunday!!) so I'll be good this week. I'm not using the next 6 days as an excuse to pig out before I start. I'm looking forward to posting more and to sharing advice and tips. Well done to you all so far. I've been reading through and its really motivating. My biggest indulgence is wine on a Friday and Saturday night so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it (please don't ask me to stop drinking - I'd rather have a glass of white wine rather than a chocolate bar any day of the week!!)

Best of luck! Being organised is the best thing you can do, then it will all fall into place.
    And don't give up on the wine, its definitely possible to drink and still lose weight. I am proof of that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

So an ice cream van just came to the office and gave out free 99's :eek: I didn't even want willpower for that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh dear....I was doing so well before I went on holiday mid June and since I've been back I've just been a disaster....sooooo back on track from tomorrow, 1st July and all that....fed up with feeling fat in this humidity!

• Advertisement

Down half a pound, expected to be down more. I'm going away for a long weekend so hope I can stay the same or have a slight loss as it will be a challenge when I'm visiting a number of old neighbours from where I grew up and they all want to feed me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement