Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Vahevala wrote: »
    Sleeveless... no chance :eek::D

Rome wasn't built in a day so I will persevere with things lol :D I don't mind wearing the M&S tops and am actually looking forward to buying the size 12 tops when I get paid :D

I told my Mum that I was now size 12 and she said don't go any lower lol :)

This drives me scatty. I'm still in the overweight range of BMI and am a 'neat' size 12 (I'm only 5 foot 4, so hardly dangerously thin or anything!) and I already have people saying 'don't lose too much now, I'd say you only need to lose another 5 pounds' etc etc... everyone's an expert!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think I'll start saving for a tummy tuck and if I do get all the weight off then I deserve it as I've so much to lose. I actually believe I'll get it off on this diet but that it will take time. It took time to put in on so it wont be gone in a short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No I am not, I did buy 3KG weights ages ago but find it hard enough lifting them lol.

You need to be doing weights to firm up the body so you can tighten that skin!
    deisemum wrote: »
    For those of you who have lost a lot of weight do you have much loose skin. I'll be 51 this month so skin isn't as elastic as a younger person so I've visions of losing a lot of weight and my excess stomach skin hanging down to my mid thighs and my arse warming the back of my knees plus the old bat wings swinging out for Ireland.

Mike Matthews from muscleforlife has done a good article about loose skin. I read it during the week myself as my skin on my arms is full of stretch marks and flabby!

http://www.muscleforlife.com/how-to-get-rid-of-loose-skin-after-weight-loss/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

dee_mc wrote: »
    This drives me scatty. I'm still in the overweight range of BMI and am a 'neat' size 12 (I'm only 5 foot 4, so hardly dangerously thin or anything!) and I already have people saying 'don't lose too much now, I'd say you only need to lose another 5 pounds' etc etc... everyone's an expert!

Some people prefer having an overweight friend especially if you're heavier than them because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Some people prefer having an overweight friend especially if you're heavier than them because it makes them feel better about themselves.

Yep. I also think that when someone sees your transformation, they see that you look less like 'yourself' with every passing day, so you look 'wrong' to them. I just nod and smile anyway, I know where I'm going with this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I know that I will never have a perfect body, my body has been stretched so far and maybe no amount of exercise can repair that. I know that I have abused my body for more years than I care to remember. I just want to get to a point where I am completely happy with myself and to learn that this time, I will never go back to the person that I was.

To drop 7 top sizes and 7 trouser sizes is life changing for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

To drop 7 top sizes and 7 trouser sizes is life changing for me :)[/quote]

That one line as I read had a response of "WOW". That's incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Bit of a crappy weekend, had to take pain killers and all good intentions go out the window when I'm on my strong ones so I'm going to give SP a go for a couple of days, hopefully it'll show on the scales Thur

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm really gutted. 2nd weigh in after first week on plan. My mum is 11 stone 2 and lost 5lbs. I'm over 16 stone and just lost 3.5. I'm gutted. Stuck to the plan completely. However instead of getting annoyed I'm going to just stick with it. Don't know where I went wrong. Just annoyed really as I would have thought my first week would show my biggest loss especially been so big and that's not the case. Anyway, it is what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You lost 3.5lb in a week and you're wondering where you went wrong? :confused: That's loads! I lost the same my first week and 12 weeks in I'm almost 2 stone down. Think of the bigger picture here, SW isn't a faddy diet where you lose half a stone in a week. It's essentially healthy eating with a support group, losses won't usually be dramatic but what you do get are the tools to keep it off. Hang in there.

I've had a great weekend galivanting around the country, I doubt I've lost anything but weeks like that will always come around and life is for living after all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

highly1111 wrote: »
    I'm really gutted. 2nd weigh in after first week on plan. My mum is 11 stone 2 and lost 5lbs. I'm over 16 stone and just lost 3.5. I'm gutted. Stuck to the plan completely. However instead of getting annoyed I'm going to just stick with it. Don't know where I went wrong. Just annoyed really as I would have thought my first week would show my biggest loss especially been so big and that's not the case. Anyway, it is what it is.

Try not to be disheartned and really try not to compare against your mum, you both have different bodies and wont be the same. Sometimes it takes a week or two for the body to really kick in to the change, so give it a chance :)

A steady loss is always better than loosing loads, and remember (and yes i dont feel like this when i have a crap week) but any loss is good, your mum might only loose 1 pound this week and you may loose more. SW really does work, ive lost nearly 4 stone and thats without a massive effort so trust me it can work and will work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Thanks guys. I posted post weigh in but pre meeting and already I feel better. Amazing the difference an hour and a bit of support makes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I experienced a nasty version of this.

At my biggest, I was 23 stone. I got down to 12. My friend of ten years didn't like that she was now bigger than me and that I got male attention on nights out. She resorted to calling me fat regularly in front of friends, or telling me the outfit I'd worn for a night out made my arse look huge. I ended up gaining again, to 15 stone. I'm very lucky in that even at 15 stone, I was only a size 14! Still smaller than her, so still got the fat comments. It's nearly a year since I've spoken to her, and she still regularly texts and fbs me, wondering why I've cut contact...

As for loose skin, I have some on my upper arms and stomach. I did a LOT of weight training while I was losing weight though (weight classes four times a week, going from lifting a 2.5lg kettle bell to doing exercises with two 16kg kettle bells!), which kept it to a minimum.

I've lost 20lbs since starting SW five weeks ago, and aim to lose another 3-4 stone by this time next year. I've already started on the weights to try minimize the loose skin. I've a load of kettle bells at home, thankfully, so I've just jumped back into it.

highly1111 wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I posted post weigh in but pre meeting and already I feel better. Amazing the difference an hour and a bit of support makes!

3.5lbs is fantastic, honestly! I had big losses (8lbs and 5lbs) my first two weeks, but am at a steady 1-2lbs since. This week I'll probably have a gain because I had two bad days, but you know what, it's all gonna take time and frankly, if I lose half a pound a week I'll still be happy once I keep it off.

Maintenance and sustaining your losses is the most important thing. A 3.5lb loss is fantastic, and once you keep it off, who cares how long it takes to hit target?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

Hi! It's been a while since I posted so I said I'd update 😛 Since my last post here I've been down 0.5Ibs one week and then another 2.5Ibs decrease. So all in, that's 6Ibs down and I'd love to get my half stone by my next weigh-in!

Might as well ask a question that's been gripping me all day- I had a Glenisk 0% fat strained greek style yogurt during the day. Is there a syn value for this? I've tried the app but there's nothing there 😟 I've attached the label... really hoping it's not too high in syns as it tastes like petit filous 😂

Hi! It's been a while since I posted so I said I'd update 😛 Since my last post here I've been down 0.5Ibs one week and then another 2.5Ibs decrease. So all in, that's 6Ibs down and I'd love to get my half stone by my next weigh-in!

Might as well ask a question that's been gripping me all day- I had a Glenisk 0% fat strained greek style yogurt during the day. Is there a syn value for this? I've tried the app but there's nothing there 😟 I've attached the label... really hoping it's not too high in syns as it tastes like petit filous 😂

Someone asked this back in May, and I think they worked out at 1 syn. I'm not sure if that was dependent on the flavour etc, but I remember whoever it was was afraid that they were 5 syns each but we all had a big 'phew' moment when they turned out to be just 1 syn!
    Well done on the weight loss so far, you're doing great!

I weighed a day early today... in the evening instead of the morning... and I drank a lot of water today... can you hear me trying to justify it already? Up half a pound :(
    But what harm, I've lost a lot the last few weeks and haven't been hungry this week so I'm neither surprised nor particularly disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I worked the rhubarb out to be 0.5 syns, only had one tonight, yummy and so filling!!

Just back from WI. didn't stay cause it's a busy day. Despite a very bad food week, two lbs down! Brings me to 22lbs over six weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I weighed a day early today... in the evening instead of the morning... and I drank a lot of water today... can you hear me trying to justify it already? Up half a pound :(
    But what harm, I've lost a lot the last few weeks and haven't been hungry this week so I'm neither surprised nor particularly disappointed!

Id say if you had weighed in as normal in the mornings you would be down. I would be a lb to 2lbs heavier in the evening than i was in the morning, so dont worry too much.

• Advertisement

I try not and drink too much on WI days as that all adds fluid. Still you did weigh in a day early. Sorry to hear that though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Ah I've completely lost it! Up 2lb the last 2 weeks, getting further from my target (5.5lb now- closest I got was 1.5 away). I've something on every single weekend, and just can't get my head back in the game. Worried about weigh in tomorrow but I'm not one to avoid if I think I've done badly- not knowing would kill me! Another hectic weekend ahead of me (hen party) and I feel it's just slipping through my fingers!

I think im going to take a break for a bit. Ive so much on and money is tight too at the mo with my wedding planning etc and im not totally focused either so prob wasting my money going.

Im concentrating on doing cleaner eating at the moment which is helping and going to the gym too so think ill just go with that for the moment and save my money for a few months.

andreac wrote: »
    I think im going to take a break for a bit. Ive so much on and money is tight too at the mo with my wedding planning etc and im not totally focused either so prob wasting my money going.

Im concentrating on doing cleaner eating at the moment which is helping and going to the gym too so think ill just go with that for the moment and save my money for a few months.

Hi Andrea,

Sorry to hear that, I have always enjoyed looking at your posts and seeing the updates, best of luck with the wedding planning & clean eating. How do you find the gym?
    mejulie805 wrote: »
    Ah I've completely lost it! Up 2lb the last 2 weeks, getting further from my target (5.5lb now- closest I got was 1.5 away). I've something on every single weekend, and just can't get my head back in the game. Worried about weigh in tomorrow but I'm not one to avoid if I think I've done badly- not knowing would kill me! Another hectic weekend ahead of me (hen party) and I feel it's just slipping through my fingers!

Sorry to hear that Julie.. you are not far away, just get all your parties out of the way and then you will be racing to target, eat well when you can and I am sure it will all fall into place... we have to live after all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm trying to change things up this week instead of having the same breakfast and lunch most days. I'm trying quinoa porridge so have gained back my hex b - it's so weird lol!!

Hi Andrea,

Sorry to hear that, I have always enjoyed looking at your posts and seeing the updates, best of luck with the wedding planning & clean eating. How do you find the gym?

Sorry to hear that Julie.. you are not far away, just get all your parties out of the way and then you will be racing to target, eat well when you can and I am sure it will all fall into place... we have to live after all ;)

Thanks a mill. Thing is, i've been doing it for so long i know the plan inside out so im not worried in that sense, and its not because i've fallen off the wagon or anything. I do feel im paying money for something that i don't really need to do to be honest. I don't have a huge amount more to lose, maybe half a stone. Im totally clued in diet wise and im probably eating better now, now that im eating cleaner. Well i try to do that during the week as much as i can.
    I know i def wont let myself go ever again and apart from the odd bad week here or there, or hols, im definitely in control of myself now.

I find the gym great for toning and inch loss, but i find it hard going in the summer with the heat and having so much on.

tk123 wrote: »
    I'm trying to change things up this week instead of having the same breakfast and lunch most days. I'm trying quinoa porridge so have gained back my hex b - it's so weird lol!!

What does that Quinoa stuff taste like?

andreac wrote: »
    What does that Quinoa stuff taste like?

I don't think it has all that much of a taste which is why I always add a stock cube when I'm boiling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I don't think it has all that much of a taste which is why I always add a stock cube when I'm boiling it.

I think it does have a taste.. but can't really describe it? :p

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    I think it does have a taste.. but can't really describe it? :p

I've read that it has a nutty taste but I'm not sure if nutty is how I'd describe it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement