Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Vahevala wrote: »
    Thank you so much, that has really made me smile, it can so be done, I find SW a revelation, I am enjoying it so much, I am trying to stay on the track, I was so morbidly obese before that I just can never go back there! I remember the feeling recently when I got on a plane and realised I could easily fit into the seat and could easily close the seatbelt, I could have cried! :D

Hang in there, you can do it, I am now 15.5 lbs away from the target I set, if I can do it, anyone can! xxx Well done on your weight loss so far, try to set mini targets for yourself, that is what I do, it really helps me. I remember at the start thinking, I have nearly 8 stone to go and it felt so far away... now I am slowly getting there!

I did! :D I bought a pack of the bars, they are really nice!

Thank you so much, I am delighted! :)

Vahevala, huge congratulations on your journey so far. Absolutely amazing, delighted for you, great to see the finish line getting closer and closer. Continued good luck to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 .silhouette.

I haven't been here since week one so thought it was time to update. I'v just finished week 4 and am down 18 lbs in total! So happy and finding SW very easy to follow. Hopefully I'll still be feeling this motivated 6 months down the line but for now I'm very happy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

So I weighed myself on my own scales this morning (I don't make a habit of this but sometimes I get tempted) and I'm lighter than I've ever been as an adult! So that's very lovely to see.
    Curiosity got to me then, so I decided to check my measurements, which I hadn't done since April.
    Since starting SW at the beginning of September 2014 I've lost
    2.4 inches from my neck
    6.7 inches from my shoulders
    9.4 inches from my bra line
    4.7 inches from my upper arm
    14.6 inches from my stomach (measured at the navel)
    6.3 inches from the widest part of my thigh
    1.4 inches from my ankle
    1 inch from my wrist
    That's taken me from a (decent) size 16-18 to a size 10-12, and from the 'obese' to the 'overweight' category of BMI.
    I won't reach target before my 30th birthday in August (still have 1 stone 4.5 pounds to go, and it's not worth cutting any body parts off!) but I'll be a lot closer to where I want to be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    So I weighed myself on my own scales this morning (I don't make a habit of this but sometimes I get tempted) and I'm lighter than I've ever been as an adult! So that's very lovely to see.
    Curiosity got to me then, so I decided to check my measurements, which I hadn't done since April.
    2.4 inches from my neck
    1.4 inches from my ankle
    1 inch from my wrist
    That's taken me from a (decent) size 16-18 to a size 10-12, and from the 'obese' to the 'overweight' category of BMI.
    I won't reach target before my 30th birthday in August (still have 1 stone 2.5 pounds to go, and it's not worth cutting any body parts off!) but I'll be a lot closer to where I want to be :)

Wow dee! That sounds amazing! Well done you!

Wellyd wrote: »
    Wow dee! That sounds amazing! Well done you!

Thanks missus! I think it's good to look at the statistics every now and again, because when I look in the mirror I don't look that different, if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Thanks missus! I think it's good to look at the statistics every now and again, because when I look in the mirror I don't look that different, if that makes sense?

You deserve it dee! I've never actually taken my measurements so I might do that to give me a bit of encouragement! I'm the exact same about when I look in the mirror. My body seems to be the same size although I now only have the one chin so at least that's noticeable!

Wellyd wrote: »
    You deserve it dee! I've never actually taken my measurements so I might do that to give me a bit of encouragement! I'm the exact same about when I look in the mirror. My body seems to be the same size although I now only have the one chin so at least that's noticeable!

Haha yeah I've downsized in the chin department too, AND discovered collar bones and hip bones, who knew?!
    I regret sending all my old clothes to the charity shop, I wish I'd kept a pair of my old jeans to compare with new ones.
    Top tip for new members!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Congratulations Dee, that's wonderful, to be honest, I have never really taken measurements :o I remember I threw out my original sized jeans by mistake but I ended up going to Evans and buying another pair of jeans in the size I started in (Size 26 :o:o:o), expensive thing to do but something that I wanted to have to look back on... now I can't believe that these fitted me when I try them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

2.4 inches from my neck
    1.4 inches from my ankle
    1 inch from my wrist
    I won't reach target before my 30th birthday in August (still have 1 stone 4.5 pounds to go, and it's not worth cutting any body parts off!) but I'll be a lot closer to where I want to be :)

Well done dee, that must be so motivational to see, wow amazing. I really regret not measuring myself, likewise when I look in the mirror I don't see the loss but the "new" clothes I bought only a few weeks ago are now very loose on me, and they are a 16, I really can't believe it.

Although the biggest change I have noticed is my bra size, started off as a 44ff now I'm a 40d and my back pain has almost gone. So many benefits.

Well done again though you are an inspiration to us all and a great help to all here.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Wow those measurements are unbelievable. It's funny how we notice our tummy or bra line if we loose weight but I smiled at the ankle and wrist measurements. It makes total sense how weight can fall off all parts of our body!! Well done!!

I was thinking should we share what we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't mean a food diary or in detail. Some people have posted that they are stuck in a rut eating the same meals. I also do so I thought if putting up a post just mention what was eaten that day. Sometimes I get an idea for a meal based on what someone may post here so thought it might help everyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Wow those measurements are unbelievable. It's funny how we notice our tummy or bra line if we loose weight but I smiled at the ankle and wrist measurements. It makes total sense how weight can fall off all parts of our body!! Well done!!

I was thinking should we share what we have for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I don't mean a food diary or in detail. Some people have posted that they are stuck in a rut eating the same meals. I also do so I thought if putting up a post just mention what was eaten that day. Sometimes I get an idea for a meal based on what someone may post here so thought it might help everyone?

I'll kick it off. Last night was prawns stir fried with 1 tsp sesame oil (2 syns) chilli garlic and ginger tsp fish oil and oyster sauce with babycorn mangetout and rice. Making falafel for lunches in work to go with salad. Lemon and garlic butterfly chicken tonight. And lots of fruit salad in between, watermelon, honeydew melon, blueberries and pineapple :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

I went out for lunch today, went for a carvery so had roast beef, I passed my roast potato on to my son, only had a tiny bit of gravy but had plenty of veg and mash so must syn that later. I shared dessert which was some sort of cake thing, it had a biscuit base then 2 thin layers of sponge with cream and pear in between.

I might try the aubergine, courgette and couscous recipe in the Slimming World Summer ultimate guide this evening or tomorrow. It's syn free and I've got the ingredients.

I've got asparagus too so must look up a recipe for it.

I had my usual All Bran for breakfast, with raspberries, blueberries and a small banana.
    Mid-morning I had a Peanut Heaven HiFi bar with a coffee, I was peckish and in a cafe so everyone around me was eating fried breakfasts, so technically my snack was very virtuous :P
    Lunch was a lovely salad, smoked salmon, baby plum tomatoes, lamb's lettuce, sliced strawberries, lots of lemon juice and a dressing made from fat free Greek yogurt, fresh basil and more lemon juice. I had 1.5 Ryvitas too.
    Dinner will be turkey breast steaks cooked on the griddle pan, little potato wedges made from baby potatoes, baby corn, roasted red peppers, roasted carrots and parsnips.
    That'll leave me with 7 syns to play with, will probably end up having a few spoons of Greek yogurt and a small cereal bar, or half a Twirl from a multipack (4.5 syns!) if I'm craving chocolate!

I eat very boring meals but hey ho...

Breakfast I had: Bran flakes ( I switch healthy B's every day) and I also had a slice of melon with strawberries.

Lunch: Bacon Medallions, chicken pieces, two fried eggs with Apple & Clementines.. (can't seem to source Mallon garlic & herb sausages anywhere!!)

Dinner: I will have this a little later: Chicken breast (covered in gorgeous schwartz cajun seasoning!) with frozen steamed veg & some ketchup (2 syns)

Other syns which I always save till the evening: 2 Pink wafer biscuits (4 syns) and Velvet Crunch crisps (4.5 syns)

I also snacked on fruit during the day :)

I try to stick to around 10/10.5 syns a day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

So happy, I had a bit of a gain last week & stayed the same weight the week previous, last night I lost 3 lbs and that takes me to 4 stone 11 lbs and I have now lost 6 stone 9.5 lbs in total... :D

Can't believe I am 3 lbs away from my 5 stone award with Slimming World in 9 months! I have now asked to transfer group, was so much more happier with the new group & consultant!

Lovely to meet you Julie and you are looking fab :) Hope you had fun last night!

Sorry I haven't been on since Thursday- took Friday off after my little night out and don't know my boards PW! Great to meet you too - you look amazing :)

Those lemon bars are the biz mine were gone by Saturday. Have had a bit of a bad weekend- I haven't been very well and think I used it as a free pass to eat comfort food :confused: :eek: :confused:

Not 100% today but pushing through!

On the plus side, I went out for dinner on Friday night, and wanted to wear this lovely pencil skirt I got at Christmas time (I had bought it after I lost 1 stone and was thrilled to fit into a little skirt), anyway stuck it on and it's huge on me :D:D:D after being just 1/2lb down this week this was exactly the NSV I needed!

mejulie805 wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't been on since Thursday- took Friday off after my little night out and don't know my boards PW! Great to meet you too - you look amazing :)

Those lemon bars are the biz mine were gone by Saturday. Have had a bit of a bad weekend- I haven't been very well and think I used it as a free pass to eat comfort food :confused: :eek: :confused:

Not 100% today but pushing through!

On the plus side, I went out for dinner on Friday night, and wanted to wear this lovely pencil skirt I got at Christmas time (I had bought it after I lost 1 stone and was thrilled to fit into a little skirt), anyway stuck it on and it's huge on me :D:D:D after being just 1/2lb down this week this was exactly the NSV I needed!

Thank you so much :) I actually have only eaten the free bar I got, I think I am trying to savour the bars! I think it is because I am trying to stick to around 10 syns or so, I may have to drop one of my normal syn foods to eat a bar... they are delicious though! :)

Congrats on your NSV, nothing beats that, I am getting close to fitting into a size 12 top! I bought one two weeks ago and from time to time, I try it on to see if I am getting any closer!

Haha girls, I just had to Google 'NSV', brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭deisemum

It's a great feeling when clothes are getting too big on you. I had to look up NSV too. Our class didn't get free bars but I won the raffle and there was a box of the lemon bars in the prize :D

I've just found out that I've got a few teenage nephews coming to stay for a week on Wednesday or Thursday this week, I wasn't expecting them for a few weeks then I drop them back to Galway and I'll stay there for 4 days then bring a couple of teenage nieces back with me and t:eek:hey'll stay for a week. The biggest dieting challenge will be when I'm visiting my old neighbours when I'm back in Galway and they all want to ply me with food. The thoughts of clearing out the spare room over the next 2 days is depressing, the halloween and christmas decorations, all sorts of stuff are dumped in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

2.4 inches from my neck
    1.4 inches from my ankle
    1 inch from my wrist

That's amazing Dee. Well done.

I too just had to google NSV... Made me laugh!

So I just started back on track last week. I was mostly good, except Sat when I was out for the day for Brunch AND Dinner, and there were also cocktails......
    Anyway my scales show me 3.5lbs down today. I will take that, very happy indeed.

As regards menus;
    Breakfast was a fat free yoghurt & a banana.
    Lunch- beef & veg chilli
    Dinner- Mushy Pea Curry And I will try the cauli rice, wish me luck!

DivineMsM wrote: »
    That's amazing Dee. Well done.

I too just had to google NSV... Made me laugh!

So I just started back on track last week. I was mostly good, except Sat when I was out for the day for Brunch AND Dinner, and there were also cocktails......
    Anyway my scales show me 3.5lbs down today. I will take that, very happy indeed.

As regards menus;
    Breakfast was a fat free yoghurt & a banana.
    Lunch- beef & veg chilli
    Dinner- Mushy Pea Curry And I will try the cauli rice, wish me luck!

Thanks missus!
    Just re your breakfast, don't forget your speed foods, and of course your healthy A and B choices each day (sorry to be a pain in the rapidly slimming bum!)

• Advertisement

Oh I know my breakfast wasn't great today, I was disorganised & on the run. I usually have Ryvita and Laughing Cow to cover my A&B.
    Plenty of speed foods in my lunch & dinner.
    (And a few syns afterwards no doubt).
    But thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

When people say "I have only lost 1 pound this week.

1poundoffatisabigdeal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

where is a good place to eat out in Dublin while on this plan?

mrmorgan wrote: »
    where is a good place to eat out in Dublin while on this plan?

I think http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/ is the best option, they cook a little with oil but you can eat as much lean meat & veg as you want...

I think http://www.mongolianbbq.ie/ is the best option, they cook a little with oil but you can eat as much lean meat & veg as you want...

would you believe i was just about to post, asking about here :)

What about those burger places where you can get a 'burger in a bowl'?

So I went to the Mongolian barbecue. Had 3 bowls 😕

I actually don't think it's heavy on the syns?(verification encouraged) had all free foods, beef, with all veg, small bit of bbq sauce, I think that combined with the small bit of oil, wouldn't be too bad.

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Siam Thai is good too. If you get a stir fry and boiled rice, you only need to syn for the bit of oil.

Breakfast today was overnight oats made with apricots, raspberries, blueberries and Mullerlight coconut with a hint of lime, a bit of fat free Greek yogurt; added a banana just before eating. Yum.
    Mid morning I had a bit more Greek yogurt, 3 passion fruit and some strawberries. Somehow still felt peckish a while later so had a HiFi bar and a coffee!
    Lunch was a salad of lamb's lettuce, rocket, carrot, celery, red peppers and smoked salmon with lots of lemon juice. Had a Ryvita too, just for the sheer excitement of it ;)
    Dinner was stir-fried beef, more red peppers, pasta and lots of homemade tomato based pasta sauce. Feckin delish.
    I will no doubt be hungry again late tonight so will use up some of remaining syns on another HiFi bar or half a Twirl if I'm feeling particularly decadent :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Down a pound.

Considering that's off the back of a stags weekend last week where I didn't stop eating and drinking I'm delighted

Really odd week food wise with some meals missed and others being at weird (for me) times so hoping this week is a bit more structured

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement