Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

nsv
    Non Scale Victory

a dieting and weight loss term for noticing your weight loss success off the scale.
    A NSV is getting rid of clothes because they are too big.

Shopping in the "regular" stores is a nsv.

For anybody else that didn't have a notion what it was!

I've not decided what I'm having today food wise but I'll give you yesterdays

Breakfast: Grilled tomatoes, mushroom and spinach fried in garlic frylight, 2 slices of bacon all fat removed

Lunch: Homemade Hummus with carrot sticks, baby cucumber, asparagus and a pear and nectarine after

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast butternut squash, broccoli, roast garlic and herb potatoes, frozen vanilla mullerlight

Healthy Extras: 350ml Skimmed Milk, 2 Weetabix (made into muffins, yummy!)

In Between: Nectarine, Orange, Apple, Plum, Pear, 4 Mugs coffee, 2ltrs dilute, 2 ltrs water, can of coke zero

Syns: Half a tablespoon conserve (1)*, 1 teaspoon icing sugar (1)*, Curly Wurly (6), Bag of Minion corn snacks (2 1/2)

*I used the conserve and the icing sugar to mix with a little bit of quark and "iced" the weetabix muffins, was really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

4 Mugs coffee, 2ltrs dilute, 2 ltrs water, can of coke zero

Well they can't say you don't drink enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Oh and my day today

Breakfast
    aldi greek style fat free strawberry yogurt
    2 x alpen ligh (double choc)
    apple
    2 x mandarin

lunch
    grilled chicken breast (in piri piri seasoning) in a slimster (5 syns) with lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) with kos and tomato
    salad of kos, red onion, shaved carrots, red pepper with light Caesar dressing (1/2 syn)
    pepsi max

dinner
    oven roasted salmon steaks with cajun seasoning
    hassleback style baby potatoes
    same side salad as lunch (1/2 syn for light caesar dressing)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Today I am having:

Breakfast: Porridge with pear and banana mixed through, cup of tea

Lunch: Grilled chicken fillet, beetroot, lettuce, scallions, cold pasta and a laughing cow extra light triangle mixed through

Dinner: I'm thinking roasted butternut squash, bacon, carrots and 2 fried eggs

I have stopped going to group, as I was constantly just on a pound, off a pound. So I'm going to weigh at the same time every week at home instead, and use the time usually spent in group to go the the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Today is weigh day.
    Breakfast is 2 boiled eggs, 2 satsumas and an apple. I've salted an aubergine and will be making aubergine, courgette and couscous salad from the Slimming World Summer booklet.
    I've got minced beef so will probably make meat sung or taco chips for dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Some great ideas.
    Breakfast fresh fruit salad with melon, apples, nectarines, grapefruit and oranges mixed with Natural yoghurt
    Lunch wholemeal wrap so 6syns and my HEB. Pineapple cottage cheese. Rocket, mixed leaves, 25g cheddar cheese, scallions, tomatoes, beetroot. 1 apple
    Weigh in which I'm dreading. Half a pound to one stone and I think I'll be up.
    Don't know about dinner yet

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Well I was very disorganised today and left my breakfast and lunch on the kitchen table...
    So I visited Tesco on my way to work and stocked up.

For breakfast I had some mixed berries & red grapes with a Mueller light toffee yoghurt, 3 Ryvita brown crispbreads & 2 laughing cow extra light triangles. And I am still stuffed!!

For lunch I have some slices of ham, 2 hard boiled eggs, some peppers/onions/grated carrot. And a banana. Might have a mugshot also, will see how I feel.

And for dinner probably chilli beef & veg, might make the cauli rice again to bulk it out (I tried this for the first time last night, maybe I added too much seasoning & cooked it too long as it was kind of like spicy breadcrumbs when I finished, but hey it didn't taste like cauli and it bulked out my meal so that'll do!!)

And no doubt after dinner I will have a packet of onion rings and a packet of hula hoops- my syns for the day. Love my treats once the kids are in bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Some great ideas.
    Breakfast fresh fruit salad with melon, apples, nectarines, grapefruit and oranges mixed with Natural yoghurt
    Lunch wholemeal wrap so 6syns and my HEB. Pineapple cottage cheese. Rocket, mixed leaves, 25g cheddar cheese, scallions, tomatoes, beetroot. 1 apple
    Weigh in which I'm dreading. Half a pound to one stone and I think I'll be up.
    Don't know about dinner yet

Maybe I read it wrong but it sounds as if you are synning your healthy B choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Today is weigh in day for me too. Food as follows:

Breakfast: Fruit salad (watermelon, pineapple, grapes, honeydew melon (which was horrible btw must have got a bad one) and blueberries and 1 slice of toast (1/2 HEB) and butter (2 syns)

Break: More of the fruit salad above.

Lunch: Beans on toast (completely unoriginal lol it's also payday week). Remaining half of HEB and 3 syns for other slice and butter (2 syns).

Dinner will be: Thai chilli turkey stir fry with babycorn and mangetout and rice :)

Probably have a twister afterwards (3.5 syns) :)

• Advertisement

Monife wrote: »

Probably have a twister afterwards (3.5 syns) :)

Are twisters only 3.5? I thought they would have been more so was just avoiding them, that's great :)

Are twisters only 3.5? I thought they would have been more so was just avoiding them, that's great :)

Yep :) They're great and I eat them with a spoon so they last longer. Start with the white, then the green and then the red bit :) (Swear my OCD isn't that bad ha ha) :)

The mini ones are only 2 syns :)

Yep :) They're great and I eat them with a spoon so they last longer. Start with the white, then the green and then the red bit :) (Swear my OCD isn't that bad ha ha) :)

I shall be stopping at supermarket on the way home.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Wow that's great 'value' for twisters! I got skinny cows last week which were lovely but 6 syns!! I froze some slices of watermelon last week which were lovely - and free so will do the same today. Put up .5 and was disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

Solero Exotic is only 4.5 syns or 13.5 if you eat the full box :rolleyes:

The minted aubergine, courgette and couscous salad was delicious, nicer than I expected. I used a small bit of dried mint as I didn't have any fresh mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I am a creature of habit with the syns, love my velvet crunch & pink wafers too much to change :o

I sooooo want 3 lbs off this week to get my 5 stone award with SW. 5.5 lbs away from 7 stone loss in total! Another picture I made... before & after (the after pic was taken 2 weeks ago)

http://i62.tinypic.com/ibb8ye.jpg

Mother of God you are a different person altogether- amazing
    (Where did your boobs go??!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

DivineMsM wrote: »
    Mother of God you are a different person altogether- amazing
    (Where did your boobs go??!)

They are still here LOL, I got measured yesterday, reduced from a 44E to a 34D! Thank you :D

Down 1.5lb. Little bit disappointed to be honest. I cut out alcohol this week, stuck to my syns and started to incorporate a little exercise and take the stairs more in work now that my rheumatoid arthritis seems to be improving. Was really hoping for 3lb because I'll be lucky to say the same next week as I have a lot on this week/weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

I'm trying the sp plan this week and obviously rice is off limits for that.

This might be a stupid question but does that include quinoa?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yes it would include all grains.

I do the exact same, other half thinks I'm mental!
    I LOVE twisters

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got value splits in Tesco instead of the twisters - thought the twisters were a bit expensive when I'm not THAT into them. Anyways the splits are 2 syns and lovely - perfect for a little treat :)

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭fionnghuala

Hi everyone,
    I joined slimming world last Thursday. I have yet to set a target, but it's looking like my target will be 2-2 1/2 stone. I joined on my own and didn't really get a chance to talk to many people due to it being my first night.
    I am concerned with my progress though. I'm trying my best to follow the plan yet everytime I step on the scales I see a different weight on the display. One day it'll be 1Ib down, the next it could be a 3Ib increase. Combine this with the fact I'm fairly active and my work involves me rusing around for four or five hours two or three days a week... I'm just wondering if such fluctuation is actually normal? I try to weigh myself early in the morning and before breakfast :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Hi everyone,
    I joined slimming world last Thursday. I have yet to set a target, but it's looking like my target will be 2-2 1/2 stone. I joined on my own and didn't really get a chance to talk to many people due to it being my first night.
    I am concerned with my progress though. I'm trying my best to follow the plan yet everytime I step on the scales I see a different weight on the display. One day it'll be 1Ib down, the next it could be a 3Ib increase. Combine this with the fact I'm fairly active and my work involves me rusing around for four or five hours two or three days a week... I'm just wondering if such fluctuation is actually normal? I try to weigh myself early in the morning and before breakfast :/

Please stop weighing yourself! It will drive you insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Dee_mc I don't know how to copy what you wrote! The wrap is 9 syns. On page 29 of the book it explains about deducting 6 syns from wholemeal bread. I did my maths wrong and got 6 syns instead of 3 syns!! I asked my leader tonight and she said even though they are wholemeal wraps I couldn't use them as my HEB so it's 9 syns which is a waste of 9 syns.
    I stayed the same tonight. Glad I wasn't up. Going to really try harder this week.
    How do the overnight oats work?

Dee_mc I don't know how to copy what you wrote! The wrap is 9 syns. On page 29 of the book it explains about deducting 6 syns from wholemeal bread. I did my maths wrong and got 6 syns instead of 3 syns!! I asked my leader tonight and she said even though they are wholemeal wraps I couldn't use them as my HEB so it's 9 syns which is a waste of 9 syns.
    I stayed the same tonight. Glad I wasn't up. Going to really try harder this week.
    How do the overnight oats work?

Re wraps, BFree wholegrain gluten and wheat free: 1 wrap = Healthy B. I don't know where you can buy them but they're on the list, just in case you want a wrap from time to time :)
    I understand what you meant now, it just rang a bell with me because a lady in my group was accidentally counting syns for her A and B choices!
    Overnight oats - weigh out 35g oats (or fill a FryLight top, it takes exactly 35g!) and layer in a big bowl - start with yogurt (I use MullerLight), then 1/3 of the oats, then some fruit, more oats, more yogurt, more fruit etc finishing with yogurt on top. I use a bit of fat free Greek to stretch the MullerLight and tone down the sweetness. Leave in the fridge overnight and eat for breakfast, it's delicious and filling!
    Oh yeah, and to copy someone's message all you have to do is click the 'quote' button on the bottom right corner of the message (this button doesn't appear on the app I use on the tablet, only on smartphone and laptop versions)
    Best of luck with next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

dee_mc wrote: »
    Re wraps, BFree wholegrain gluten and wheat free: 1 wrap = Healthy B. I don't know where you can buy them but they're on the list, just in case you want a wrap from time to time :)

I think most dunnes and Supervalu stock the wraps. I love the odd wrap but at €4.09 I think they're too expensive. Luckily the slimming world plan can be as cost effective as you want it to be!

Hi everyone,

It's totally normal for weight to fluctuate daily, that's why you only weigh with SW once a week. Anything else is meaningless. I sometimes weigh on a Saturday as well as at group on Wednesday but it's a bit silly given that my weight is always different on my home scales to what it is on SW scales, and that my weight first thing in the morning will naturally be lower than after a meal or two!!
    Be nice to yourself, make sure you're eating plenty (most people are shocked that they are eating waaaaay more when following the SW plan, and doubt that they can lose weight while eating big meals and never going hungry, but it does work, I promise!). If your eating habits were really bad (eating alot of crap, not eating regular meals, starving yourself, etc etc) before joining, don't be too surprised if you don't lose a lot the first week or two. Some people take a while to settle in to the plan, but stick with it, don't be disheartened.
    Best of luck with the rest of your first week, you will enjoy it :)
    Don't be afraid to sit in on the new member's talk again if you didn't catch everything first time, it's important to get to grips with how it all works :)

• Advertisement

Wellyd wrote: »
    I think most dunnes and Supervalu stock the wraps. I love the odd wrap but at €4.09 I think they're too expensive. Luckily the slimming world plan can be as cost effective as you want it to be!

They freeze really well :)
    But yeah that's a lot of money for 6 wraps!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement