Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Vahevala wrote: »
    A free bar? no chance of it from my group!

I am desperate to lose weight his week as I had put on 1.5 lbs last week and stayed the same the week previous, want to get this weight moving downwards again! :D

Testing out the group off O'Connell Street tomorrow :o

Well if you wore yellow to ours you got a free bar and it's the same leader so you might get one! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

tk123 wrote: »
    Well if you wore yellow to ours you got a free bar and it's the same leader so you might get one! :p

oooh... what a fantastic idea, I might chance that :D Wonder do visitors get one too... lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

Testing out the group off O'Connell Street tomorrow :o

I'm going to this one for the first time tomorrow- 5.30pm. Going to a gig in the Olympia tomorrow so want to get it in!:cool:

mejulie805 wrote: »
    I'm going to this one for the first time tomorrow- 5.30pm. Going to a gig in the Olympia tomorrow so want to get it in!:cool:

Oh cool, are you staying for the class or weigh & go?

Oh cool, are you staying for the class or weigh & go?

Not sure yet! It depends what time I'm meeting up with the others for the gig- would like to stay I've never stayed for another class before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

No free bars at my group and I even happened to be wearing a bit of yellow!
    Just tried one of the new bars and they are pretty nice, similar to the rhubarb and custard ones if anyone remembers those. Might try one with yogurt tomorrow, should go well together.
    I just realised I only have 2 and a half pounds to lose to get my 4 stone award! Gonna try to change things up a bit to see if that'll boost weight loss, oats instead of all bran a couple of mornings etc, other than that I'm an ideas free zone though... I'm in a recipe rut, same lunches and dinners every second day, booooring!
    Maybe I'll go nuts and have some cold noodles with my salad tomorrow instead of a Ryvita! The excitement of it!

So did it go OK dee?

So did it go OK dee?

Half a pound down, delighted with that seeing as I thought I had lost nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Hi Dee, see you posting a good bit on here, you're doing amazing! I was the exact same, eating the same thing day in day out so last Friday I started back into things properly, I have had a different HEX B every day and had 3 new dishes this week for dinner, nothing while exciting but just not the usual. Lunches are terrible for me, I had a bottle of sugar free IrnBru today for lunch, that was it. My weigh in is tomorrow so hopefully I'll have lost that 1 and a half I put on last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Stayed the same this week, happy enough considering I had 3 days away! I think I'm getting the hang of this 'moderation' thing :P

Aiming for 2 off next week, no events this weekend so should be able to stay on track.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Was down 1lb this week, delighted with that as we were away with a 40th last weekend!!!!

So happy, total now 3 stone 3 lbs, plus I'm now 15st 7lbs.been a long time since I said I was that, 1stone 7lbs to go.........

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Does anyone know if I do an sp day can I syn a Chinese black bean dish? Just thinking maybe not over the rice actually

I think you're right, but you could do your own cauliflower rice with it instead maybe?

dee_mc wrote: »
    you could do your own cauliflower rice with it instead maybe?

Loving the cauliflower rice at the mo- fry it with some frylight and seasoning and it's pretty delish :D

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Loving the cauliflower rice at the mo- fry it with some frylight and seasoning and it's pretty delish :D

Really? No offence sounds pretty revolting!! But then I am not a veg lover....

DivineMsM wrote: »

You should try it, there's a lady in my group who hates veg to the point of near phobia, and she's loving the cauliflower rce - according to her, it's not like rice, but it's nothing like cauliflower either!

Beansprouts instead of noodles works well too!

Haha yeah I know, if someone had said to me last year that I'd be eating cauliflower without it being covered in cheesey sauce I think I'd have vomited! But I really do like the 'rice', I add a few herbs and spices depending on what it's being paired with. Also love love love cauliflower pizza- it's actually my favourite SP meal with carrot chips :P

I'm going to have to try now amn't I......
    Well I guess a year ago I wouldn't have thought that 'mushy pea curry' would be one of my favourite meals, so I live and learn....
    Sorry, whats 'SP'??

SP is an alternate plan that can be used if you want to give your weight loss a boost.
    Basically, you only eat free foods that are marked with an S (Speed) or a P (Protein) in your book. No other free allowance foods can be used, such as pasta, muller lights, rice, etc.
    You can still have your healthy extras, and actually get an additional Healthy Extra B on the days that you do it. You also still get your 5-15 syns, so although you might not be able to have muller lights, you could have a yogurt with syns (or a dirty Mars bar :P )

It's recommended that this isnt followed for an extended period of time, but is a great tool if you need to kick it up a notch..

• Advertisement

Sounds interesting, thank you! (especially the dirty mars bar part!!)
    Can you just do it for a day now & then or do you need to do it for a while?
    I definitely find that eating pasta & rice feels 'wrong' and I am pretty sure that my portions are too big... try and convince myself that they are 'allowed' so its OK....

Is the amount of pasta/rice in proportion with your protein and veg? That's the main thing really!

Can you just do it for a day now & then or do you need to do it for a while?
    I definitely find that eating pasta & rice feels 'wrong' and I am pretty sure that my portions are too big... try and convince myself that they are 'allowed' so its OK....

You can do it for a day, or 2 days, or whatever you like. When it first came out, I think our consultant saying something about doing it for a week but as a once off. That sounds wrong now that I'm typing it!

Pasta and rice are definitely not 'wrong'! Which is one of my favourite things about SW- no one is going to give up pasta forever so those diets don't last!
    Dolbert wrote: »
    Is the amount of pasta/rice in proportion with your protein and veg? That's the main thing really!

Agreed!! Our consultant put this on FB the other week, really makes you think....

11296918_1436567089981226_556882249_n.jpg

Oh I definitely need to work on this. Trying to convince myself that as its brown rice its not so bad, but if the proportions to veg are all wrong then I am fooling myself. Now I am definitely going to have to drag a cauliflower home with me on the dart & try the cauli rice tonight!

I know SW is all about fresh not processed- but there is a product you can get in health food shops that is a noodle or rice or pasta substitute. They contain about 10 calories per packet and no carbs at all. They aren't cheap- about €3.50 per packet. And TBH they taste of absolutely nothing once they are cooked. But as bulk for your dinner they are good in an emergency or if you have a craving for carbs and cauli just wont do! I might give the SP a go for a while and maybe have a packet of these every second night with my dinner (I eat mainly dishes with rice/pasta), and see how I get on. I can live without carbs at breakfast & lunch, but dinner is my main meal and it just doesn't feel the same without carbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Lost 2lb tonight so only 5 more to go and I'll have my 3 stone woohoo!

So happy, I had a bit of a gain last week & stayed the same weight the week previous, last night I lost 3 lbs and that takes me to 4 stone 11 lbs and I have now lost 6 stone 9.5 lbs in total... :D

Can't believe I am 3 lbs away from my 5 stone award with Slimming World in 9 months! I have now asked to transfer group, was so much more happier with the new group & consultant!

Lovely to meet you Julie and you are looking fab :) Hope you had fun last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

So happy, I had a bit of a gain last week & stayed the same weight the week previous, last night I lost 3 lbs and that takes me to 4 stone 11 lbs and I have now lost 6 stone 9.5 lbs in total... :D

Can't believe I am 3 lbs away from my 5 stone award with Slimming World in 9 months! I have now asked to transfer group, was so much more happier with the new group & consultant!

Lovely to meet you Julie and you are looking fab :) Hope you had fun last night!

Amazeballs!! You must be chuffed with yourself. Huge well done.

OK I don't want to sound like a stalker, but I just clicked on your user name and read all your posts since starting SW. You are amazing- what a motivation! You seem to have been so positive throughout your weight loss- and very rarely fallen off the wagon. Honestly, I think you are brilliant!!

I am like you- short! And I was over 17st when I started to lose weight last year. I've lost almost 3 st slowly as I keep falling off the wagon for a few weeks, getting back on track for a few weeks.... It's a bit depressing and disheartening sometimes, knowing I have lost a fair amount of weight- but I am not even halfway there.
    But you have made me happy today as I realise it CAN be done on SW, and its not going to take me years and years, if I put my head down & stick with it I could be a new woman by Xmas.
    So WELL DONE and thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Fantastic!! Now did you get the free bar? :P

• Advertisement

OK I don't want to sound like a stalker, but I just clicked on your user name and read all your posts since starting SW. You are amazing- what a motivation! You seem to have been so positive throughout your weight loss- and very rarely fallen off the wagon. Honestly, I think you are brilliant!!

I am like you- short! And I was over 17st when I started to lose weight last year. I've lost almost 3 st slowly as I keep falling off the wagon for a few weeks, getting back on track for a few weeks.... It's a bit depressing and disheartening sometimes, knowing I have lost a fair amount of weight- but I am not even halfway there.
    But you have made me happy today as I realise it CAN be done on SW, and its not going to take me years and years, if I put my head down & stick with it I could be a new woman by Xmas.
    So WELL DONE and thank you.

Thank you so much, that has really made me smile, it can so be done, I find SW a revelation, I am enjoying it so much, I am trying to stay on the track, I was so morbidly obese before that I just can never go back there! I remember the feeling recently when I got on a plane and realised I could easily fit into the seat and could easily close the seatbelt, I could have cried! :D

Hang in there, you can do it, I am now 15.5 lbs away from the target I set, if I can do it, anyone can! xxx Well done on your weight loss so far, try to set mini targets for yourself, that is what I do, it really helps me. I remember at the start thinking, I have nearly 8 stone to go and it felt so far away... now I am slowly getting there!
    tk123 wrote: »
    Fantastic!! Now did you get the free bar? :P

I did! :D I bought a pack of the bars, they are really nice!
    andreac wrote: »
    Amazeballs!! You must be chuffed with yourself. Huge well done.

Thank you so much, I am delighted! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement